Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've been so active in the past couple days but @RedSky this 45 mins is what I mean - our performance today is actually better than WBA or Everton and even the first 45 vs Newcastle.

There were two silly set pieces that they took but we have generally worked hard, won second balls better and created very good chances that should be taken. If we drop points with performances like these then there's no complaints from me. If the second 45 is like the first by way of our application then I'd mark today as a step forward in my evaluation of Ole. I trust a process of dropping points along the way if I see it on the pitch, and we need to play more like we did in the first half.

It's a stupid error from Fred and I can't complain about the corner, it's a good fecking corner just take it on the chin and trust us to create a couple in the second half because we can.
See, quietly confident. :cool:

We're playing into some good form, Cavani, VdB, Telles all looking good signings too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So he apparently had better players than the eventual league champions but he doesn't know how to spend money? Bit of a contradiction don't you think?
Vertonghen, Kane, Eriksen, Dembele, Walker, Rose, Lloris. That's more than half of his XI already in the club before he joined.

Zen86

Great win but I don’t see why everyone is using this game as the stick to beat doubters with. How many times have we been here only to see it drop back to shit? The divisiveness on his tenure reflects the match performances. Yes, be ecstatic about winning the game, it’s fantastic, but I wouldn’t go chest beating until the consistency shows, could easily follow this with a drab loss next week.
Being a doubter is fine. No problem with that, everyone has their opinion on how far we can go with this setup.

Some people are just whiny f***ing idiots though.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
We outplayed them. Should’ve been 2-0 up. Stupid mistakes cost us in the first half. Brought on 2 subs and both were excellent.

Very good game from Ole. The players made a mountain out of it but we got the deserved result.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
See, quietly confident. :cool:

We're playing into some good form, Cavani, VdB, Telles all looking good signings too.
Today is the second "better" performance in a row which is very good. Fingers crossed from here now, whether someone is doubting Ole or backing Ole, the end goal is most fans here want the team on a given day!

PoTMS

That second half performance was very good. We need more of that. It'll take a lot more to convince me Ole is the one to take us forward to challenge for titles but at least we've got a platform to go from now. At halftime, it looked again like another story of one step forward, two steps back but that win showed some character and some resilience. Hopefully we can kick on from here now and improve our home performances and results.

Jeffthered

Great win but I don’t see why everyone is using this game as the stick to beat doubters with. How many times have we been here only to see it drop back to shit? The divisiveness on his tenure reflects the match performances. Yes, be ecstatic about winning the game, it’s fantastic, but I wouldn’t go chest beating until the consistency shows, could easily follow this with a drab loss next week.
You think that was a good game? Really? Is that what constitutes good football now? That game?

It was devoid of intensity, and real quality. Southampton were rubbish, two set pieces. And we were not much better. Cavani was the difference, the pass to Bruno , and his two finishes. He has both experience and pedigree.

How can people watch us and think we are going anywhere with Ole. I would ask ' where are we going?' To win the Premiership... when, this year, next year, the year after? The CL? really?

We no longer look like a club that even considers that level anymore. Klopp came in and took Liverpool forward, towards a Championship winning team and mentality? Pep came in and took Man City to another level of quality and consistency.

And Ole??? Where has he taken us, where are we, and where are we going? I want to watch a powerful, confident, demanding Manchester United team, and I do not see that at all.

We have become Arsenal under Wenger in his latter years. And people seem to accept it, which saddens me.

Crashoutcassius

God this thread is enjoyable today

2 PTS off top of we win our game in hand, looking forward to the fellas saying oles is the luckiest manager on the planet and that player x, y, z is saving hia job by scoring goals as with a normal conversion rate

acnumber9

That was lucky?

Come on man, just take the loss and move on. No need to dig yourself in deeper. We’re all on the same side here and this is all just a bit of fun. Our team came back and won in the last minute. Enjoy it.
Yes I think it was. It was a gamble and it paid off but many times it won’t. You’ll win games more often in that situation by having more goal-scorers on the pitch.

lysglimt

Scout
It is a disgrace that 41.5% think we should sack our manager. I can understand that some aren't convinced....but to sack him ? Seriously ?

We have won 10 out of 15 games this season - after finishing last season with 9 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats.

We have won 19 of our last 29 games - and people want him sacked ?????

I haven't checked but I think that is the best of all the teams in the P.L

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Tendency of starting the game off the wrong foot remains, but when you win the match in Fergie time, I rest my case.

Impact of subs is part of manager's art of the job. If Ole really stays long term, Woodward should at least invest heavy in his targets.

Zen86

God this thread is enjoyable today

2 PTS off top of we win our game in hand, looking forward to the fellas saying oles is the luckiest manager on the planet and that player x, y, z is saving hia job by scoring goals as with a normal conversion rate
They’ll revert to other tried and tested classics, like saying this points total in the 17/18 season would have us in 15th place.

tomaldinho1

I don't get why these threads turn into such a shitstorm of I told you so's. Just be happy we got three points. That game showcased everything bad and good about us under Ole, there are big positives but also some reoccurring negatives and both Ole In & Ole Out will have plenty of ammunition from that game.

Most important is the league is open and whilst it hasn't been pretty, we are hanging in and clawing back some points. Could do with a Spurs, Chelsea draw now.

el3mel

Regardless of my opinion on him the second half was a fecking masterclass. Winning 3-2 after being 0-2 in first half is always a masterclass for me. I might criticize the next match or want him gone by the end of season but today nothing but fecking credit for him and the team. Get in everyone. Masterclass of a win.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Absolute comedy gold this thread today.

To the posters on here that continue to give nothing but your own negativity to this forum, go and put something nice in the post match thread and stop ruining what used to be a brilliant place to come to and talk about United

JG3001

You think that was a good game? Really? Is that what constitutes good football now? That game?

It was devoid of intensity, and real quality. Southampton were rubbish, two set pieces. And we were not much better. Cavani was the difference, the pass to Bruno , and his two finishes. He has both experience and pedigree.

How can people watch us and think we are going anywhere with Ole. I would ask ' where are we going?' To win the Premiership... when, this year, next year, the year after? The CL? really?

We no longer look like a club that even considers that level anymore. Klopp came in and took Liverpool forward, towards a Championship winning team and mentality? Pep came in and took Man City to another level of quality and consistency.

And Ole??? Where has he taken us, where are we, and where are we going? I want to watch a powerful, confident, demanding Manchester United team, and I do not see that at all.

We have become Arsenal under Wenger in his latter years. And people seem to accept it, which saddens me.
I was saying great win more in the context of the comeback. Not the 90 minutes of play. I agree we still look scattergun and rely on individual moments.

You don’t need to pick a fight with me, this ain’t the game to change my mind or convince me that we have the right man in charge. Still need to build on this.

crossy1686

career ending
Regardless of my opinion on him the second half was a fecking masterclass. Winning 3-2 after being 0-2 in first half is always a masterclass for me. I might criticize the next match or want him gone by the end of season but today nothing but fecking credit for him and the team. Get in everyone. Masterclass of a win.
This is normal rational behaviour. If other people behaved this way this place would be a lot more civil

Eriku

I think it’s more about people, at half time, saying that this match is great evidence of Ole’s ineptitude. Obviously those assessments look stupid as feck right now.

This is why I usually shut up until both halves have been played.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Imagine not being able to celebrate winning a game like that with winning goal in the final minutes.

Yet another crap day for OleOUTers. :lol: Feel sorry for them.

Ole at the Wheel:devil:

Holocene

Imagine not being able to celebrate winning a game like that with winning goal in the final minutes.

Who isn't celebrating that win?

Crashoutcassius

I mean, Cavani hadn’t played a competitive game of football for about 8 months before he signed for United so if he’d have started and got injured people would have been saying he was desperate for starting a 33 year old etc.

You can find faults in every micro detail if you look hard enough but he made the right calls to win us the game and that’s all that matters
This

Amazing that people can't see that they are being the hindsight police. If cavani plays well this season, oles handling of him should be praised, but the clear agendas come in with the only criticisms they can find, that ole 'obviously' didn't want him and ' too stupid to start him sooner'

Acole9

Outstanding
Greenwood was terrible in first half. Missed two terrible sitters.

It was a right sub. When it happened I literally posted in matchday thread saying "please save us Cavani". Well he heard the calling it seems.

Edinson fecking Cavani!!!
Precisely, I know Greenwood has had a rough time of late but he was poor today, sheer desperation from our fans to say he played well.

Irwin99

Was a weird thread bump at half time considering United were the better team even then. The diamond left AWB very exposed but United were generally more dominant and the better team the whole match. The team is still heavily reliant on Bruno who, even when poor, still contributes massively but there's good fight in the side and no lack of effort.

I'm sure when we evaluate at the end of December it will be the same mixed bag of highs and lows though.

SuperiorXI

There's no way you're a real fan if you're not over the moon with that. In terms of the game we fully deserved it, so much better than Southampton who were lucky with their 2 goal lead.

Ole was great today with the changes he made. Early as well! Didn't wait until 60/80 minutes!

rotherham_red

Well we certainly don't look better. Take away the PSG and Red Bull win and you'd mistake us for a relegation side the way we've been playing.
Haha. No we don't. Seriously. And we could say that about literally any team, "take away X result and Y team is shit", seriously it's absolute fecking hysterics.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
This conversation will carry on until the end of time. Even if we win a trophy because some people like to moan and maybe playing console games has gotten to their heads. The leagues very competitive and we just need to go on a run. We've never quite had everyone firing at the same time. We have Pogba and Martial esp at the minute who aren't playing but they can make a big difference when they're on form. I just feel we need to get it right defensively because offensively we can hurt anyone. As a team I think against Arsenal we played more slow/deliberate but it never suits us. We need to play off the cuff but we also need solidarity at the back and to cut out stupid mistakes. Today we won the second half and that's all we need

Status
Not open for further replies.