Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. StrangeHate

It is a disgrace that 41.5% think we should sack our manager. I can understand that some aren't convinced....but to sack him ? Seriously ?

We have won 10 out of 15 games this season - after finishing last season with 9 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats.

We have won 19 of our last 29 games - and people want him sacked ?????

I haven't checked but I think that is the best of all the teams in the P.L
I am one of them. Wins like these are very entertaining, I just don't see Ole's style getting us on top in the long term and our football for the most part is not my cup of tea.

Think of it this way, if we can improve on Martial or Cavani by bringing in Messi, I think all of us would be all for that. I see Ole as upgradable, hence my vote.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Today is the second "better" performance in a row which is very good. Fingers crossed from here now, whether someone is doubting Ole or backing Ole, the end goal is most fans here want the team on a given day!
Aye, I just flicked through some of the pages in here during half time... oh dear. :lol:

I was bemused at half time how we were 2-0 down, we played very well and a few dumb mistakes cost us big time. Another performance where we have the fitness and stamina to outlast the opponent and get a late goal. Very pleased with today, Cavani up front as the focal point seems a given now and DvB looked brilliant today. The team looks energised and all on the same page, coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against the much loved Southampton is an excellent result.

Very happy today. Onwards and upwards, we're looking good this season imo.

Dr. StrangeHate

This conversation will carry on until the end of time. Even if we win a trophy because some people like to moan and maybe playing console games has gotten to their heads. The leagues very competitive and we just need to go on a run. We've never quite had everyone firing at the same time. We have Pogba and Martial esp at the minute who aren't playing but they can make a big difference when they're on form. I just feel we need to get it right defensively because offensively we can hurt anyone.
If Ole wins one of CL or PL, this conversation ends.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't get why these threads turn into such a shitstorm of I told you so's. Just be happy we got three points. That game showcased everything bad and good about us under Ole, there are big positives but also some reoccurring negatives and both Ole In & Ole Out will have plenty of ammunition from that game.

Most important is the league is open and whilst it hasn't been pretty, we are hanging in and clawing back some points. Could do with a Spurs, Chelsea draw now.
What was the 'everything bad' about that game? Because we're not invincible from excellent set pieces? If that was a game to give 'plenty of ammunition' to anyone wanting him sacked then fans of every team in the world will want their manager sacked.

Client6

It is a disgrace that 41.5% think we should sack our manager. I can understand that some aren't convinced....but to sack him ? Seriously ?

We have won 10 out of 15 games this season - after finishing last season with 9 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats.

We have won 19 of our last 29 games - and people want him sacked ?????

I haven't checked but I think that is the best of all the teams in the P.L
That's a ~65% win rate but that's low enough to get sacked apparently.

keithsingleton

Doesn't matter how many points were off the top even if we win game in hand. Take nothing away from the win, I even thought we were the best team in the first half but score never reflected that. Ole still not the man to take us to the next level.

His tactics for the second half very good though, now I never thought I'd say that. :lol: Ole now goes in the record book for the most away wins on no the bounce for United. Can anything else happen in 2020.:D

dove

Imagine not being able to celebrate winning a game like that with winning goal in the final minutes.

Yet another crap day for OleOUTers. :lol: Feel sorry for them.

Ole at the Wheel:devil:
Imagine thinking that "OleOUTers" don't celebrate when we win, especially with a great comeback like today :lol: Ultimately we all want what's best for the club (winning), if us Ole outers think that Ole is not the right man to achieve it, it doesn't mean we are having a "crap day"... Jesus :lol:

Foxbatt

Good win. It still doesn't change my mind. Ole may publicly not say anything about the goals conceded but the first goal is a coaching issue.

UDontMessWith24

Deserves credit for being proactive with the Cavani sub instead of letting 20-25 minutes of the second half go by. Playing Rashford as a second striker changed the game in terms of giving Southampton's defense more to worry about. Cavani is a real nuisance to play against for central defenders, so having Rashford closer to him looked to really unsettle them, and they lost track of Bruno for the first goal. Allowing Fred to push forward early on in the second half was a big help too IMO. Have to look at things on an even keel and the adjustments in the second half were very good.

Acole9

Outstanding
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be hard hard work for you to enjoy these games.

To be honest Ole got loads wrong today, but what a win. Loved it, these games why I love this club.
I was joking around after seeing all the usual guff. I support the club not who's in charge or what players we have unlike some folk.

Last minute wins are always the best.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think you've totally misunderstood me or maybe i misunderstood your question as I never said or meant this. Shouted Pochettino? :lol: I don't think even Ferguson can make our last season team win the league

I'm not a Pochettino fan and don't want him here. I didn't bring up his name to say he can win the league, I mentioned him as an example of the few coaches that has the ability to get a club to surpass their expectations and not as an example of a coach that can win us the league. I mention him along with Klopp and Hassenhutl because these coaches all have the ability to surpass expectations as they've done it in their previous clubs and it wasn't a fluke like Ranieri.

If we are talking about the type of coach to win us a title under our current incompetent management then he must have two things - winning mentality (because the club itself has no ambition to be the best) and the ability to surpass expectations (because the club will not provide the manager a team superior to the other 19 teams). This is where I would rule out Pochettino as he doesn't seem to have a winning mentality. Klopp would be the most obvious candidate

As long as top 4 is looking likely I'm willing to stick with Ole for the remainder of his contract not because I think he's good enough or better than other available coaches but because I currently don't see a clear candidate available that can take us back to the top under our current management.

One other thing we would need to start winning titles again is good recruitment of players. We didn't have that under our former coaches but I think we've started doing that and I'm hoping we've sorted that out thanks to Ole
You said last season we have 3rd best team in the league and under Ole we will be 3rd or less with 3rd best team in the league, we will only win the league under him if we have the best squad in the league. That's why you believe we need different manager and when I asked you, you named Poch in the list.

This is you though?

Which is why I don't see us ever winning the league with Ole. If we have the 3rd best team in the league we will be 3rd or less. His limit is relative to the current quality of the squad he is currently working with. Not necessarily a bad thing but what it means is that is that if were to win the league under him we'd have to have the best squad in the league. That's not going to happen under this board

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Still don’t see anything impressive. He should be getting at minimum top four and a trophy with this team. As I always stated, if he finishes this season similiar to last, he should get the sack. We aren’t spurs, arsenal or Leciester. This season, he should meet the standard of Manchester United. We sacked lvg after winning a fa cup and mourinho after coming second and a Europa league win. I feel like ole is not being held to those standards because he is likable and is a past United legend. There is a lot of factors that are falling into Ole hands, let see how far he can go with such luck and quality players.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You said last season we have 3rd best team in the league and under Ole we will be 3rd or less with 3rd best team in the league, we will only win the league under him if we have the best squad in the league. That's why you believe we need different manager and when I asked you, you named Poch in the list.

This is you though?
Like I said. Either you misinterpreted me or I misunderstood your question. And I believe I've already given you a clearer explanation of Poch actually not being the one capable of winning us titles which is what you thought I meant. So I'll end it here as I also have no interest in arguing and just want to enjoy the win

troylocker

Great win but I don’t see why everyone is using this game as the stick to beat doubters with. How many times have we been here only to see it drop back to shit? The divisiveness on his tenure reflects the match performances. Yes, be ecstatic about winning the game, it’s fantastic, but I wouldn’t go chest beating until the consistency shows, could easily follow this with a drab loss next week.
It’s not the doubters that’s getting the stick, it’s the sad fanatics that sprayed this thread with acid and puke from the 22nd minute to the 60th. That had nothing to do with doubting, that was pure hate.....

Mindhunter

Starting with Greenwood wasn't a good decision IMO. The lad has had his troubles recently and shouldn't be rewarded with an immediate return to the starting lineup. Also, he didn't offer much outside of the runs he made beyond the defense and the lucky chance he failed to convert.

The diamond was fine I guess but it entirely depended on how the players executed it. Southampton were stumped initially but the two set piece goals changed the game and then we had to chase it which opened up our flanks for their counterattacks.

He did redeem himself by changing things up at half-time instead of waiting for the 60 minute mark. He deserved the credit for changing it up and then his substitute scoring 2 and assisting 1.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Going to be tough for the Ole in crowd justifying his privileged position now.
Defensively all over the place. Again.
what a disaster he is. Sack today
The guy needs to go. Completely depressing every other week.
Give him 10 year contract extension. Absolutely master class as always. Those who don’t see his greatness must be blind.
We're going nowhere under Ole, except closer to the relegation zone.

It's a shame some people are happy with that.
I don't disagree about Jose but Ole is quite clearly the worst manager we had in feck knows how many decades. If the only reason to stick with him is that "Ole at least has us playing the odd high-scoring stormer" then we might just hire someone like Fred the Red. Ole is not winning 80+ points in million years, he is not even capable of reaching 70.
Please let this be Oles last game for us. 4 losses in 9 games how can that be acceptable ? The fans are suffering penalties has saved us this season enough is enough. Just look at Chelsea they’ve gone up a step since last season while we’re worse than last season. I can’t take this no more, Ole out Glazers out.

Some of my favourites. That being said, we'll probably get tonked by PSG now. :lol: Then again, no I don't think so.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Today is the second "better" performance in a row which is very good. Fingers crossed from here now, whether someone is doubting Ole or backing Ole, the end goal is most fans here want the team on a given day!
Wanting Ole sacked like you’ve wanted for so long means you can’t want the team to win, else you’ll have to eat your arrogance.

now trying to jump in the success bandwagon now too. :lol:

Being happy about today's win and saying it's proof he's not good enough are not mutually exclusive things. We were still down in the first half, again, creating very little and looking lost. We get some things very right but we are a long way off challenging for any kind of title.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wanting Ole sacked like you’ve wanted for so long means you can’t want the team to win, else you’ll have to eat your arrogance.

now trying to jump in the success bandwagon now too. :lol:
I think the majority of us simply want to see the team playing consistently well and winning games in the process, whether that be with Ole in charge or otherwise.

It's not always personal ;)

tomaldinho1

What was the 'everything bad' about that game? Because we're not invincible from excellent set pieces? If that was a game to give 'plenty of ammunition' to anyone wanting him sacked then fans of every team in the world will want their manager sacked.
We were pretty average first half. The diamond (which evolved into matching their 4222) initially did well at stifling them but we didn't create much clear cut apart from Greenwood's chance from their 2 GK errors. It's not a formation we have played a lot recently and we were disjointed and after a good start descended into being very much So'ton's half. So'ton are a team that is well drilled and press well but, especially without Ings, simply don't have enough quality or firepower (which we saw given they only scored from set pieces) and we definitely made it hard for ourselves by starting with too cautious/negative a setup and that's becoming a theme (WBA, Brighton, Soton). Would you agree with that?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Like I said. Either you misinterpreted me or I misunderstood your question. And I believe I've already given you a clearer explanation of Poch actually not being the one capable of winning us titles which is what you thought I meant. So I'll end it here as I also have no interest in arguing and just want to enjoy the win
Again, this is you. This is your argument & what makes you doubt about Ole

Which is why I don't see us ever winning the league with Ole. If we have the 3rd best team in the league we will be 3rd or less. His limit is relative to the current quality of the squad he is currently working with. Not necessarily a bad thing but what it means is that is that if were to win the league under him we'd have to have the best squad in the league. That's not going to happen under this board
And when I told / asked you ''So basically there is no manager can do it then? ''. You shouted out Poch name as that manager who can do it under this board.

Flexdegea

Wouldn’t matter if we won this game 6-2. The half time result is enough to fuel the ongoing agenda for another week.

Absolutely pathetic the comments from when we went behind.

I cant work out what people want. The bias is so strong they just want to see one way.

Honestly from the comments say most of them were absolutely livid when cavani got his 2nd.

Going by the logic if Ole is the fault for being behind first half then surely he gets all the credit for winning in the 2nd half. He must be a genius

united for life

Good win. It still doesn't change my mind. Ole may publicly not say anything about the goals conceded but the first goal is a coaching issue.
we conceded a goal from a corner kick. This never happens to any team. You’re right, the manager has to go.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Again, this is you. This is your argument & what makes you doubt about Ole

And when I told / asked you ''So basically there is no manager can do it then? ''. You shouted out Poch name as that manager who can do it under this board.
You really have a fecking problem mate. I've already said I misunderstood your question and what I said earlier was due to that misunderstanding.
I think you've totally misunderstood me or maybe i misunderstood your question as I never said or meant this. Shouted Pochettino? :lol: I don't think even Ferguson can make our last season team win the league

I'm not a Pochettino fan and don't want him here. I didn't bring up his name to say he can win the league, I mentioned him as an example of the few coaches that has the ability to get a club to surpass their expectations and not as an example of a coach that can win us the league. I mention him along with Klopp and Hassenhutl because these coaches all have the ability to surpass expectations as they've done it in their previous clubs and it wasn't a fluke like Ranieri.

If we are talking about the type of coach to win us a title under our current incompetent management then he must have two things - winning mentality (because the club itself has no ambition to be the best) and the ability to surpass expectations (because the club will not provide the manager a team superior to the other 19 teams). This is where I would rule out Pochettino as he doesn't seem to have a winning mentality. Klopp would be the most obvious candidate

As long as top 4 is looking likely I'm willing to stick with Ole for the remainder of his contract not because I think he's good enough or better than other available coaches but because I currently don't see a clear candidate available that can take us back to the top under our current management.

One other thing we would need to start winning titles again is good recruitment of players. We didn't have that under our former coaches but I think we've started doing that and I'm hoping we've sorted that out thanks to Ole
This is my explanation of what I meant when I said Poch and i clearly said I may have misunderstood your question. What more do you want :lol: . It seems like you just want to have the last word in every conversation and you think you know it all so I'm not going to bother replying you because you surely will have something to say again and it's a waste of time going back and forth with you

Status
Not open for further replies.