Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

The squad is good enough to challenge for the league. I look at the other rivals and I see no reason why we should consider ours not good enough for a challenge. Liverpool and City aren't any more unbeatable gods like they used to be last 2 seasons.

We can judge quality of the squad in comparison to other teams around in general, which in this regard, the current squad is good enough for the majority of it.
This. I'm fully behind the team now. Let's do this.

crossy1686

career ending
Spot on. We have a really good squad. We as fans should demand results.
What does ‘demanding results’ look like? Serious question.

Asking for the manager to be sacked half time into a game?

Throwing your toys out of the pram on social media and calling Ole a PE teacher?

Hiring a plane to fly over old Trafford?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The squad is good enough to challenge for the league. I look at the other rivals and I see no reason why we should consider ours not good enough for a challenge. Liverpool and City aren't any more unbeatable gods like they used to be last 2 seasons.

We can judge quality of the squad in comparison to other teams around in general, which in this regard, the current squad is good enough for the majority of it.
I don't think it is. If you disagree that's fine.

We haven't been in a title race for so long fans are now getting really impatient and I get that.

If Ole had got at least 1 of Haaland, Sancho or Grealish we'd be closer for sure though.

Trust this manager. Trust the process. Sadly I don't trust Woodward and co.

Great win anyway. Come on you reds.

If we beat Burnley away - we are 2 points behind Liverpool. Just saying
the fact we’ve been a game behind everyone since the start of the season really has skewed some people’s thinking. Clearly we need to win a game in hand, and it’s far from guaranteed, but some people far to keen to make snap judgements.

crossy1686

career ending
But we were. Conceding from the same set piece we conceded to them the last time we played them.

Taking off a goal scorer when you need three and keeping on the more defensive players was a gamble. It worked in the end but for me it’s a decision that backfires more often than not. For me the more prudent decision would’ve been to take off a midfielder and gone to our normal shape with three forwards because if it hadn’t worked we didn’t have the option of another goal scorer to bring on.
Do you have any idea how many teams said that about Beckham?

We were the better team throughout, why would he change the shape or game plan if we were better?

M16Red

Fans want us to win 9 out of 10 games. This team isn't as good as some fans think it is and then they blame Ole when we don't win. They even blame him when we do.

No manager in the world is winning a PL title or CL title with this team. Defence isn't good enough. Rashford n Martial still blowing hot and cold. Midfield has its issues at times too.

Ole has done a good job for me. The players, most of them anyway, aren't capable of a PL challenge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we beat Burnley away - we are 2 points behind Liverpool. Just saying
I wonder when they'll slot that game in. Can't be December or early Jan so we've got at least another 6-7 weeks of this game in hand skewing things.

Crashoutcassius

Is it really the last bastion of the Ole outs to try to say that Ole is under performing with a squad that should win the league (versus two teams that have set pts records in very recent seasons - translations, Ole's group of players is one of the greatest ever ever premiership squads)

This squad is top 4 quality and ole should be gone if he doesn't get that, while we continue to improve the squad

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I wonder when they'll slot that game in. Can't be December or early Jan so we've got at least another 6-7 weeks of this game in hand skewing things.
Yeah, it's going to be much later in the season. The schedule from now till February is insane. There's no midweek slots available.

Dr. StrangeHate

Completely agree with this and your previous post.

There’s clear limitations to this squad but it’s not far off being something special. It would be a major achievement for any manager to win something with this current team, and not because they’re shit, there’s clear areas of weakness which we all see but some chose to blame Ole for.
The limitation of this squad are no more than City not having a proper striker or half of Liverpool team being injured. Tottenham are a level below us and Chelsea are at maximum level with us squad wise. It would be a great achievement for Ole to win but this season there is no excuse not to compete considering the circumstances.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

We haven't been in a title race for so long fans are now getting really impatient and I get that.

If Ole had got at least 1 of Haaland, Sancho or Grealish we'd be closer for sure though.

Well they gave him the job and haven't sacked him either.

el3mel

Is it really the last bastion of the Ole outs to try to say that Ole is under performing with a squad that should win the league (versus two teams that have set pts records in very recent seasons - translations, Ole's group of players is one of the greatest ever ever premiership squads)

This squad is top 4 quality and ole should be gone if he doesn't get that, while we continue to improve the squad
I honestly wish people stop talking about Liverpool and City from the past few seasons. City have been rubbish this season and Liverpool haven't been any better. This season is definitely up there to win for any other team.

Again quality of the squad is judged in comparison to other rivals around in the same season.

crossy1686

career ending
Which I disagree with. The current squad is for me good enough to finally mount a title challenge. Not say win it, of course you never knew but quality wise and in comparison to other rival teams, I don't find any reason why we can't challenge for the league.

Greenwood and Rashford were poor today but this isn't the usual thing we got from them. Greenwood on another day wouldn't miss such 2 ridiculous chances. He had a day off.

It has to be noted most of our best players are already 25 and beyond that. If we don't challenge for the league within the next 2 years max, it'll be simply a waste for me.
I hear what you’re saying and I think we’re very close but we’re still ultimately the 3rd or 4th best team in the league.

I don’t trust Dave in net, he doesn’t turn up sometimes and our midfield without Bruno is in serious trouble.

If we’d have got Grealish and Haaland I’d absoltuely agree with you but I think we’re those players off really running Liverpool and City down to the wire. We’ll fall away in the final 10 games with this squad.

But it’s all very promising

el3mel

I hear what you’re saying and I think we’re very close but we’re still ultimately the 3rd or 4th best team in the league.

I don’t trust Dave in net, he doesn’t turn up sometimes and our midfield without Bruno is in serious trouble.

If we’d have got Grealish and Haaland I’d absoltuely agree with you but I think we’re those players off really running Liverpool and City down to the wire. We’ll fall away in the final 10 games with this squad.

But it’s all very promising
I think David has been great and back to his best this season.

Anyway I just hope we'll challenge for the title within the next 2 years max while most of our players are starting their prime or already in it, regardless of the manager in charge.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Which I disagree with. The current squad is for me good enough to finally mount a title challenge. Not say win it, of course you never knew but quality wise and in comparison to other rival teams, I don't find any reason why we can't challenge for the league.
Spot on. This is a good squad. The best we’ve had in years and I feel it’s fully capable of challenging for the title.

Thays not to say it can’t be improved on but largely I’m happy with it.

wolvored

There’s clear limitations to this squad but it’s not far off being something special. It would be a major achievement for any manager to win something with this current team, and not because they’re shit, there’s clear areas of weakness which we all see but some chose to blame Ole for.
A CF like Cavani only younger and a DM like Partey would be the minimum 2 players that could tip the edge from battling for top 3-4 to challenging City/Liverpool for the title.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Can you remember how low we were under Jose? How we would look tired. The signings were poor. The games with dire.

Can people honestly not see how far we’ve come? We went 2-0 down today and I knew wed win the game. I’ve not had that in years.

Holocene

What does ‘demanding results’ look like? Serious question.

Asking for the manager to be sacked half time into a game?

Throwing your toys out of the pram on social media and calling Ole a PE teacher?

Hiring a plane to fly over old Trafford?
Those 3 things are quite ridiculous. But I'd wager the fans wanting him sacked at half time already want him gone, not because of that specific match.

The "Ole is PE teacher" meme is tiresome.

Demanding results is about expectation. We have a good squad of players that should be challenging for the title. This season in particular is wide open. Liverpool and City won't be getting 90+ points. We have a great opportunity to challenge.

I'm not saying we have a title winning squad of players but we should be near the top come the end of the season. Anything less isn't good enough. We're Manchester United.

You're making excuses for him. He's already spent hundreds of millions.

Crashoutcassius

I honestly wish people stop talking about Liverpool and City from the past few seasons. City have been rubbish this season and Liverpool haven't been any better. This season is definitely up there to win for any other team.

Again quality of the squad is judged in comparison to other rivals around in the same season.
We could see neither team pick up steam, true, but to me that doesn't seem likely. I guess my feeling is we should just try improve on 66 pts and if that wins you the league in 2021 then cool, we might win the league.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Can you remember how low we were under Jose? How we would look tired. The signings were poor. The games with dire.

Can people honestly not see how far we’ve come? We went 2-0 down today and I knew wed win the game. I’ve not had that in years.
It’s night and day. The makeup of the team and how good we can play. I am not convinced Ole is the man to ultimately take us back to the top but I absolutely give him credit for putting this team together and the more performances like this we can produce the more people should be willing to climb out of their trenches.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looking at 4 losses out of 9 games, that's disgusting. Not really that arsed though, we're just entirely predictable these days. He's not going anywhere so I've made my peace with it. When he does inevitably leave I doubt I'll be able to muster up any excitement for the next manager either, I think we're in this cycle of mediocrity for the long haul.
God, it's like I never get tired of being wrong.

crossy1686

career ending
The limitation of this squad are no more than City not having a proper striker or half of Liverpool team being injured. Tottenham are a level below us and Chelsea are at maximum level with us squad wise. It would be a great achievement for Ole to win but this season there is no excuse not to compete considering the circumstances.
And believe me, I agree but those things can change and will change towards the end of the season.

City have a great midfield with goals coming from everywhere, we only have Bruno and an inconsistent front line. Liverpool’s players will get fit at some point. We’re missing the midfield to win a PL and we will fall away in the final 10 games.

We just need to improve in certain areas and we’ll be right back in the mix for real

Jezpeza

Absolutely pathetic the comments from when we went behind.

I cant work out what people want. The bias is so strong they just want to see one way.

Honestly from the comments say most of them were absolutely livid when cavani got his 2nd.

Going by the logic if Ole is the fault for being behind first half then surely he gets all the credit for winning in the 2nd half. He must be a genius
its boring. Arguments here always based purely on Rhetoric. We are always ‘lucky’ if we come from behind or narrowly win. If we trounce someone its because they were ‘shit’ (even in the case of RBL who a lot of Ole out people want their manager to replace Ole), or suffered an ‘injury crisis’. He can do no good in some peoples eyes - everything negative is to do with him, everything positive is not. It does indeed seem as though some are disappointed we got back in the game yes. Thing is, some people want to believe that if he loses a game he will be sacked whereas in reality the he problaly needs to go on an awful run where he loses 8 or 9 out of 10 whilst having no injuries etc and the players look like they have downed tools.

tbf Didnt think we were amazing today but we won. We still look inconsistent. Then again, we still lack a class rw, class player at the base of midfield, and a second class cb. We added nothing in the summer that was going to change us markedly so i expect similar to last season week to week

mancave bear

Our performance is better. But we dont have to attacking play that City under Guardiola have that can cut teams open at will.

We instead rely on either individual brilliance (from Bruno or Rashford) or a mistake from the opposition.

My criticism of Ole has always been this. We are not coached to attack as a unit like City are.

If we were actually coached as a collective unit to break down teams we would cut them open.
How lost are you???

If someone relied on individual brilliance it would be Pep. After he arrived at City, which had a great team, he have bought himself the premier leagues best first 11. And still Oles united have beaten him more often than not. Ole is the tactitian and Pep is the coach relying on talented players and individual brilliance.

And why cant you just enjoy our victory? We are even in front of the great Pep. Its hard to belive that you even are a united fan?

Flexdegea

its boring. Arguments here always based purely on Rhetoric. We are always ‘lucky’ if we come from behind or narrowly win. If we trounce someone its because they were ‘shit’ (even in the case of RBL who a lot of Ole out people want their manager to replace Ole), or suffered an ‘injury crisis’. He can do no good in some peoples eyes - everything negative is to do with him, everything positive is not. It does indeed seem as though some are disappointed we got back in the game yes. Thing is, some people want to believe that if he loses a game he will be sacked whereas in reality the he problaly needs to go on an awful run where he loses 8 or 9 out of 10 whilst having no injuries etc and the players look like they have downed tools.

tbf Didnt think we were amazing today but we won. We still look inconsistent. Then again, we still lack a class rw, class player at the base of midfield, and a second class cb. We added nothing in the summer that was going to change us markedly so i expect similar to last season week to week

Agree with what you are saying.

It just seems bizarre behaviour. Sucking life out of supporting the club at the moment as you cant her away from it in the real world or online.

I would understand it if it was really bad and where losing games all over the show but the players are playing for him.

If he first to say I think he gone. We arent even close to it at the moment.

We are marching for that title :lol: :lol: :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
Those 3 things are quite ridiculous. But I'd wager the fans wanting him sacked at half time already want him gone, not because of that specific match.

The "Ole is PE teacher" meme is tiresome.

Demanding results is about expectation. We have a good squad of players that should be challenging for the title. This season in particular is wide open. Liverpool and City won't be getting 90+ points. We have a great opportunity to challenge.

I'm not saying we have a title winning squad of players but we should be near the top come the end of the season. Anything less isn't good enough. We're Manchester United.

You're making excuses for him. He's already spent hundreds of millions.
But there’s not a single United fan who doesn’t want to win a league title and win all our games?

I don’t understand this ‘demanding results’ nonsense. It’s a phrase used to cover toxic behaviour and culture of entitlement.

This season has been a perfect example of that. People being negative about absolutely everything doesn’t help the players or manager. We’re in uncharted waters, there has never been a season this condensed with a lack of preseason before, we cannot accurately predict what will happen. No one can.

We all demand excellence, we all expect to win but the reality is the squad aren’t capable of that yet. We’re getting there but we have visible flaws. Having a tantrum when we don’t win doesn’t help and it’s certainly not “demanding results”, it’s being a twat.

lysglimt

Scout
So if I get this straight - now the criticism against OGS is that our squad is so good that if he doesn't get us top-4 he should be sacked .
While a year ago - he should be sacked because our squad was so poor.

So by spending roughly £100 million - he has turned our squad from one considered of the worst United-teams in P.L history, into a squad so great that top-4 should be guaranteed. (in less than 12 months)

Doesn't that only say that he has done brilliantly in the transfer market ? Imagine how good we can be if he is given 2 transfer windows more, and some serious backing

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think the majority of us simply want to see the team playing consistently well and winning games in the process, whether that be with Ole in charge or otherwise.

It's not always personal ;)
It would be truly cathartic if the fan base could agree that the team OGS inherited was incapable of playing consistent title challenging football, that it’s a relatively lengthy process and requires some luck to reach such a level, and that Ole has delivered demonstrable steps already towards that end point.

Todays win is yet another marker on that journey: this squad loves the playing for him and will walk through walls using his Methodology to win games.

I can’t accept anyone as a Manchester United supporter who won’t fully support this phase of our history. They are a truly corrosive bacteria feeding on our club right now.

Dr. StrangeHate

And believe me, I agree but those things can change and will change towards the end of the season.

City have a great midfield with goals coming from everywhere, we only have Bruno and an inconsistent front line. Liverpool’s players will get fit at some point. We’re missing the midfield to win a PL and we will fall away in the final 10 games.

We just need to improve in certain areas and we’ll be right back in the mix for real
Winning is difficult this season and falling in final 10 games is alright. Competing until then should be a must.

lysglimt

Scout
But there’s not a single United fan who doesn’t want to win a league title and win all our games?

I don’t understand this ‘demanding results’ nonsense. It’s a phrase used to cover toxic behaviour and culture of entitlement.

This season has been a perfect example of that. People being negative about absolutely everything doesn’t help the players or manager. We’re in uncharted waters, there has never been a season this condensed with a lack of preseason before, we cannot accurately predict what will happen. No one can.

We all demand excellence, we all expect to win but the reality is the squad aren’t capable of that yet. We’re getting there but we have visible flaws. Having a tantrum when we don’t win doesn’t help and it’s certainly not “demanding results”, it’s being a twat.
Correct. We got off to the worst possible start - we had no pre-season to talk about, Maguires vacation in Greece, Greenwood in Iceland, AWB in Dubai and Pogba with corona. We simply weren't ready to start the season - if we had been, chances are we would have won against Palace - and we would have been pretty much near the top of the table.

Add to that the match against Spurs and it's pretty impressive that we have managed to turn things around as much as we have. Wish our fans now could get back behind the players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So this is the state of play a quarter of the way into the season:

1 Spurs10+1221
2 Liverpool10+521
3 Chelsea10+1219
4 Leicester9+618
5 Southampton10+317
6 Everton10+216
7 Man Utd9016
8 Aston Villa8+815
9 Man City9+415
10 West Ham9+514

Not quite as bad as we first anticipated? We'll be back in the top four should we win our game in hand (potentially) and only 2 points behind Spurs and Liverpool as a consequence.

We have to continue performing as we have been in recent games and pick up the points too, which goes without saying ordinarily, then again this is United we're talking about, the very epitome of inconsistency. It's not beyond us to lose our next couple of games and play like shit in the process. And that's the problem, you can't quite trust this side.

lysglimt

Scout
Winning is difficult this season and falling in final 10 games is alright. Competing until then should be a must.
Well right now we are competing - but we still have a bunch of fans not behind the team or the managers. Its a disgrace

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So if I get this straight - now the criticism against OGS is that our squad is so good that if he doesn't get us top-4 he should be sacked .
While a year ago - he should be sacked because our squad was so poor.

So by spending roughly £100 million - he has turned our squad from one considered of the worst United-teams in P.L history, into a squad so great that top-4 should be guaranteed. (in less than 12 months)

Doesn't that only say that he has done brilliantly in the transfer market ? Imagine how good we can be if he is given 2 transfer windows more, and some serious backing
Only a few weeks ago, AWB, Maguire were considered awful transfers, we're a one man team etc. The script changes every few weeks.

Since the Tottenham result we've played 10 games, winning 7. We're getting our form back and despite having a pretty bad start our season so far is actually pretty damn good. Still in the EFL cup, very close to qualifying in the CL with a very high chance of finishing 1st and we're not that far off top in the league. Our new signings are also looking good and settling in well. Fitness looks good so far and we seem to be building momentum ready for the tough winter period.

We've got a lot of positives so far this season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Exactly.

You're either shit or amazing according to this board at times. We are neither. We are a work in progress and Ole has got a lot more right than he has wrong.

Poch in doesn't make this team title winners over night.

Regardless of my opinion on him the second half was a fecking masterclass. Winning 3-2 after being 0-2 in first half is always a masterclass for me. I might criticize the next match or want him gone by the end of season but today nothing but fecking credit for him and the team. Get in everyone. Masterclass of a win.
Aye, I’ve been critical of the management waiting until 70 minutes have passed before pulling their fingers out of their arses, but today was superb mid game management.
Great enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.