Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

I'm sad to say I never thought he would make Christmas. Perversely, I actually do now, but I think if he has a barren Jan in the transfer market, he's gone.
He won’t last the end of November, don’t worry about it. He’ll be put down and rightly so.

The board messed up with giving it him long term.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
He won’t last the end of November, don’t worry about it. He’ll be put down and rightly so.

The board messed up with giving it him long term.
Don't you think we still have time to turn it around provided we have our best 11 all injury free? I am disappointed as much as any united fan so far but this season will define the whole restructuring process as most of our players now are playing for their future, sacking Ole now will not really change the world for us as the squad is young and mostly injured, so it does not matter who the coach is at this stage. I want Ole to come good with this and we have to support him. We stuck with Lvg's dull play for at least 2 seasons, we stuck with Jose's cowardly tactics for also 2 seasons and here we are calling for the head of Ole just because we are 5 points off top 4 after just 8 fecking games (in which we played Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester city, all top 4/6 competitors) . Plenty of work still needs to be done but let's face it, its not like we fielded our strongest 11 every game and lost, we got hampered by injuries since the very beginning of this season.

bestisyettocome

The main point is this - we are in a results orientated business just like any other and if Ole was in any other job he would be sacked or at the very least due to his association with the club asked behind closed doors to reflect on his performance and persuaded to resign.

His win rate is the lowest in the league virtually and I for one do not wish to see our beloved club sink into the mud pit of relegation - which is now a very real possibility. Fans who think all this will turn round and argue SAF got time have not moved with the times.

The game has moved on so much since then and is moving quicker each season - he needs to go - put sentiment aside and face the reality - he isn’t the man for the job. By staying he will ruin his legacy and credibility - he should resign amicably - by doing so he preserves his dignity and credibility of both himself and the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I've not heard a lot of people use that as an argument to support him - the fact that he's a club legend - I mostly just see people disagreeing as to what's to blame for this bad run and arguing their case as to why they think so.

Like above more or less - why is it so hard for you guys to take on the actual arguments rather than ignoring these then attempting to dress everyone up in nepotism instead? If you're so sure this is all on our coaches - you'd think you'd have an easy time explaining why you feel this way rather than focusing almost every post on inventing different ways to discredit those who disagree with you?

Something is farcical in here alright at least we agree on that - and might I add that admitting it is the first step to recovery and also that I wish you well on your journey. Maybe try arguing your case like proper adults - someone might take you serious then and maybe you'll end up as something more than just irritating background noise :rolleyes:

Yeah he made a mess of things at Cardiff but it's not like it's the only thing he's done in his footballing career - and it has feck all to do with what's going on here and our current situation. Everyone makes a mess of themselves sometimes - you learn you move on until some day you run into a few simpletons who attempts to ridicule you for it. You laugh - then continue moving on as if nothing's happened. Also I might add - Cardiff hasn't exactly been a proven success neither before or after Solskjaer's tenure there either - I'd say it's not a job anyone in their right minds would covet.

Well that depends I guess - on whether or not people who's actually proficient in football and not just - let's say - some random forum troll spewing out unsubstantiated claims - will be able to see something you're obviously blind to.

They did pretty damn well when he was in charge too - and this is his team that he's built I might add someone else just took the reins when he left. In fact it's the second time he's come in as manager then helped them from a run of mediocrity to a position where they'd be able to challenge Rosenborg for the throne - a throne Rosenborg's pretty much owned for decades until Solskjaer got involved. So if that's meant as an attempt to discredit to him you should educate yourself and try harder. Maybe just focus on his stay at Cardiff instead - like your pal above did - pretending that's all he's ever been about prior to joining us. You'll have more success I think - but still end up totally irrelevant :lol:

In the end I'll just like to add - to all of the above - that only time will tell who's right about this project and what's to blame for our current form. Well - if Ole is given time that is which is far from certain. If not I'm guessing whomever either succeeds or fails here next will be an indication as to where the rot lays - and personally I doubt very much it has to do with Solskjaer. But hey who knows - maybe some grand wizard of footballry will come riding along on his purple unicorn then wave his little rod about and suddenly transform this squad into a determined team of top contenders overnight. Oh and if this magician fails - we'll also be able to tell who it is that's really obsessing over names in this exchange - as something tells me if his results match that of Ole's but his name is something more along the lines of Pochettino or Allegri - a lot of you hating on our current coaches placing all the blame with them will suddenly be able to see what the rest of us are seeing at present.

That this is a team in need of some serious overhaul - and that neither our tactics nor the coaching should be considered our main concern.
I've only been on this forum for a short time but I have to say your posts do stand out. Thing is I'm still trying to decide if your a WUM or some misunderstood genius floating around in a parallel universe. Keep up the good work because it's certainly interesting.

Foxbatt

Don't you think we still have time to turn it around provided we have our best 11 all injury free? I am disappointed as much as any united fan so far but this season will define the whole restructuring process as most of our players now are playing for their future, sacking Ole now will not really change the world for us as the squad is young and mostly injured, so it does not matter who the coach is at this stage. I want Ole to come good with this and we have to support him. We stuck with Lvg's dull play for at least 2 seasons, we stuck with Jose's cowardly tactics for also 2 seasons and here we are calling for the head of Ole just because we are 5 points off top 4 after just 8 fecking games (in which we played Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester city, all top 4/6 competitors) . Plenty of work still needs to be done but let's face it, its not like we fielded our strongest 11 every game and lost, we got hampered by injuries since the very beginning of this season.
Very conveniently forgetting that we also played Southampton, Crystal Palace, Wolves, AZ, West Ham, Newcastle and even Rochdale ( where we only beat them on penalties) and failed to beat anyone of these teams too.

MisterLupus

I've only been on this forum for a short time but I have to say your posts do stand out. Thing is I'm still trying to decide if your a WUM or some misunderstood genius floating around in a parallel universe. Keep up the good work because it's certainly interesting.
I'm just bored and passing time same as everyone - it's off-season for me more or less so I linger here as the alternative would be doing something productive with my spare time.

As for parallel universes... Nah I just think people are barking up the wrong tree when they're barking at our coaches is all - and I think I've done a decent job explaining why. If you're someone obsessing over scapegoats then it's the players themselves that should be your focus of dismay not the ones on the sidelines - because it seems obvious for me watching every game that the mess we look in the final third is down to individual shortcomings within our squad not our buildup / tactical foundation. Whether or not Solskjaer and companions will make us champions again I'm actually not very optimistic - it's a huge task for anyone as this is the worst United side in decades plus due to the fact that this league is more competitive than it's ever been - and also they are definitely inexperienced at this level so that would be quite the achievement - stuff of legends even - but to dismiss them all as clueless and unaccomplished for not being able to fix several years worth of rot and instantly divert this collapse we all saw coming into success is just downright moronic.

I do think they've done the most you can expect in terms of rebuilding the team and re-establishing some structures - well with the exception of fielding players such as Mata and Fred pretty much every game at least and also entering this campaign without reinforcing our midfield and attack - and I firmly believe hitting the reset button once again this soon into yet another project will cause more harm than good not only to our fortunes but also our reputation as a club. It's something we should only consider if we're still nearing the relegation zone come Christmas. We're just two-three signings up front away from looking a decent side - that's where it all breaks down for us every game otherwise we're actually looking a much better and more stable side than we did last year (people will deny this of course but I urge them to go back and re-watch some of our games from back then).

So no - we co-exist in this reality I assure you - I just don't share most people's opinion that our coaching or even our tactics are to blame - I simply don't rate this United side as anything but mid-table prospects in it's current state and feel it's unrealistic demanding more from our management. I am glad I entertain you though - I'll try my best to keep delivering (until they inevitably decides to permaban me at least) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Something is farcical in here alright at least we agree on that - and might I add that admitting it is the first step to recovery and also that I wish you well on your journey. Maybe try arguing your case like proper adults - someone might take you serious then and maybe you'll end up as something more than just irritating background noise :rolleyes:
I'm so confused with what your point is. Assuming you want to give Ole more time?

Mainoldo

I’m calling for the head of Ole because his football is a dull a LVG’s and his tactics are as cowardly as Mourinho’s. I’ll back someone coming good if I believe in them. I don’t believe in Ole and I don’t care about his Brexit United long term vision. It really isn’t that exciting. Maguire and AWB might excite most. But my favourite defender was Rio not Steve Bruce. My favourite forward was Cantona and RVN not Solskjaer and wingers Giggs and and Beckham not Park Ji Sung. So if he thinks I’m drawling at the mouth thinking about hardworking humble players with arrogance (like that’s even a thing) he can move up.

What exactly are you believing in? That the football will come good once he has a couple more players? His style is his style, it will be tumescent with new faces. We will sign better players? Last time I checked being a good team and attracting top players worked hand in hand. So what is it exactly? It can’t be the signings. Any manager in the league could have got us those players, I don’t see imagination in out targets.

What football related decision makes you want Ole to succeed?

hobbers

Well that depends I guess - on whether or not people who's actually proficient in football and not just - let's say - some random forum troll spewing out unsubstantiated claims - will be able to see something you're obviously blind to.
Funny you mention random forum troll, that's the strong impression you're giving off.

Who's blind to what exactly? What club in the Prem, or who want to be in the Prem, are giving Ole a job? Relegated Cardiff and 17th in the Championship. 20% win rate as permanent manager at Manchester United. From a fixture list including such illustrious names as the mighty Alkmaar, Rochdale, Cardiff and Huddersfield. No top flight club outside of Norway is touching him with a barge pole, whether he's sacked in 1 month or 1 year.

The squad is shit. But not this shit. If you can't see how far and how fast our performances are going backwards under Ole then you are wildly deluded. The baseline for this squad as it is, even with lots of injuries, is not hovering around relegation.

Mainoldo

I'm just bored and passing time same as everyone - it's off-season for me more or less so I linger here as the alternative would be doing something productive with my spare time.

As for parallel universes... Nah I just think people are barking up the wrong tree when they're barking at our coaches is all - and I think I've done a decent job explaining why. If you're someone obsessing over scapegoats then it's the players themselves that should be your focus of dismay not the ones on the sidelines - because it seems obvious for me watching every game that the mess we look in the final third is down to individual shortcomings within our squad not our buildup / tactical foundation. Whether or not Solskjaer and companions will make us champions again I'm actually not very optimistic - it's a huge task for anyone as this is the worst United side in decades plus due to the fact that this league is more competitive than it's ever been - and also they are definitely inexperienced at this level so that would be quite the achievement - stuff of legends even - but to dismiss them all as clueless and unaccomplished for not being able to fix several years worth of rot and instantly divert this collapse we all saw coming into success is just downright moronic.

I do think they've done the most you can expect in terms of rebuilding the team and re-establishing some structures - well with the exception of fielding players such as Mata and Fred pretty much every game at least and also entering this campaign without reinforcing our midfield and attack - and I firmly believe hitting the reset button once again this soon into yet another project will cause more harm than good not only to our fortunes but also our reputation as a club. It's something we should only consider if we're still nearing the relegation zone come Christmas. We're just two-three signings up front away from looking a decent side - that's where it all breaks down for us every game otherwise we're actually looking a much better and more stable side than we did last year (people will deny this of course but I urge them to go back and re-watch some of our games from back then).

So no - we co-exist in this reality I assure you - I just don't share most people's opinion that our coaching or even our tactics are to blame - I simply don't rate this United side as anything but mid-table prospects in it's current state and feel it's unrealistic demanding more from our management. I am glad I entertain you though - I'll try my best to keep delivering (until they inevitably decides to permaban me at least) :rolleyes:
If Pep’s teams with different players play the sameway are we crediting the players for the style of player or the manager?

passing-wind

That this is a team in need of some serious overhaul - and that neither our tactics nor the coaching should be considered our main concern.
You lose all credibility with this deluded nonsense. I'll just leave this gem of an article right here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29251627

"He presented a different vision for Cardiff compared with the defensive approach of his predecessor Malky Mackay, renowned for an unspectacular, yet effective style that gained the club promotion to the Premier League in 2013."

"He may have promised a more exciting style, but under Solskjaer the Bluebirds slipped into the Premier League's bottom three for the first time and never recovered, finishing bottom."

Solskjaer came to Cardiff promising he would imbed a new style but he didn't have the managerial acumen to implement it. He brought in a few players he identified and they struggled.

Solskjaer comes to Manchester United promising he would imbed a new style but he doesn't have the tactical fluidity to implement it. Every single piece of that article written in 2014 is an exact mirror of the situation we find ourselves in now. We have a relegation level manager spearheading the most successful club in England and fans have fooled themselves into thinking that all of a sudden you can turn from mediocre coach into world class one :lol:. You've got more chance of winning the lottery than Ole having success at this club.

The quality of the squad was never an issue to Solskjaer because during his winning run he maintained it was a quality team. Does a lack of top four quality equate to acceptable defeats to Newcaslte, West Ham and Palace at home ? Does it equate to struggling with dreadful performances to Rochdale, Astana, Alkmaar and Southampton ? I think fans fail to identify that the fixtures we had to start with this season was perhaps the best opportunity to get some momentum.

Time to address Solskjaer's managerial elements which fans ignorantly blame players for, Ole saw the team have success with a 4-3-3 but at the new season reverted to a 4-2-3-1 which has seen nearly every player regress in influence (tactical error). Pogba who was our best outfield player in the 10 role last season is then reverted to play a double pivot midfield with a lesser experienced Mctomminay which already failed under Mourinho (tactical error). Solskjaer has had ten months to coach the team and navigate movement to breaking down defences, why isit when everyone screamed Ole would thrive after he's given a pre season did we then struggle with Kristiansund who represented the most practical resemblance of a premier league compact team, proving that Solskjaers coaching methodical preparations are not good enough to enable us to develop as a team (coaching / tactical error). We comprise a high percentage of possession, but are unable to transition any of our play into the final third (coaching / tactical error). We have absolutely no pattern of play, players look clueless not because of quality but because they are devoid of instruction on and off the ball (coaching error). I've said this time and time again we could have Kane, Mane and Salah upfront, if the team cannot create chances and the manager doesn't cater for their steengths these players will struggle. How is Solskjaer catering to any of our teams strengths ? Why is he heaping tuns of pressure on Rashford who Mourinho and Southgate have identified as not having the fundamentals to play as a 9. More than half of our underperforming players have a level above them which they can play at if given the instruments to express themselves correctly Martial, Rashford, Mata, Lingard, Mctomminay even Lukaku have all proved this.

The problem fans have is the perspective of the team. Because Ole is such an inept manager it resonates in the idealistic view of how the players are seen. Example, if you give Klopp this exact same team the perspective isn't as bad because we know collectively as a manager Klopp can nurture talent irrespective of the quality of a player, they will improve under his tenure retrospectively. We can bring in Sancho, Rice, Maddison, De Ligt whatever flavour of the month surname fans will think will change the perception and you can almost guarantee they will gradually start to perform worse under Solskjaer. Ole is finished, this whole situation is just a ticking time bomb.

Last edited:

Idxomer

Imagine if Ole had won the FA cup and the CL last year, fans would've wanted to give him a lifetime contract. That's what Di Matteo achieved in 2012 and he was sacked only 6 months after his CL win.

Ole had achieved nothing as Utd manager, and his team has been in relegation form for months with barely showing any signs of improvements. Somehow though, he still has a job and a lot of people still argue for keeping him.

It's fascinating how the board has gradually lowered the standards for this club in the last 6 years and made the current situation acceptable for a lot of fans.

Langers7274

If Pep’s teams with different players play the sameway are we crediting the players for the style of player or the manager?
Couldn't agree more with the original quote - I think we're 4 exceptional/elite players short from competing at the top, AWB, Axel (think he's actually better than Lindelof), Maguire and Shaw is actually a very good defence. Think we need a holding midfielder, a creative midfielder, a RW and a goal machine. Think what Rice, Maddison, Sancho and someone like Kane would add to that side.

I must say though that I don't think Ole is the man to lead us to glory, I get what he is doing and to be honest he doesn't have the squad to build a challenge, that said I think he's out of his league. Tactically he's very poor, to come out and say that the team will continue to play the same way and do the same things when clearly his Plan A isn't working. It's never great to lose but if your team is creating plenty then eventually you would have to believe that things would turn round, this team are not even creating which is a real worry, that's signs of relegation.

Last edited:

Langers7274

That's a bit harsh :lol:
I agree with the fact that the board reacted too early. The board fell to public pressure, the likes of G Nev and Rio stating give him a contract after a fantastic run when seeing it out to the summer was clearly the better option, Ole was never going anywhere at least it would have given the board an extra 2/3 months to assess him properly.

Rista

It's fascinating how the board has gradually lowered the standards for this club in the last 6 years and made the current situation acceptable for a lot of fans.
That one is mostly on the fans. While we've been way more patient with managers than almost any top club, it is only because Ole is a club legend that people are willing to accept finishing mid table or even just clear of relegation and delude themselves into thinking it has nothing to do with the manager. Moyes was eaten alive on here for saying we should aspire to be like City. Losing to Sevilla was seen as absolute disaster, even finishing 2nd was never ever considered an achievement. It is only now that we're hearing about the squad being 8th-12th place quality and that finishing top 6 would be a miracle. What are the chances of that being the case if it was some random manager with the exact same credentials as OGS instead?

MisterLupus

I would have to repeat myself once more to counter any of these objections - as they are themselves just repetitions of what this firing brigade has parroted over and over again. My main objection was this whole "anyone not agreeing with us is either this or that" rubbish a lot of you are putting up - it's juvenile and just plain dumb attempting to discredit someone's person rather than reflect over their arguments. Relate to what people are actually saying - don't try to belittle them based on some bullshit characteristics you've invented out of thin air.

As for the actual case at hand - no I don't consider coaching and tactics our main concern at present and I'm not going to waste time defending a case I've never made (that this whole project is destined for success and that our coaching is world-class). Your conclusions that our failure in the final third is down to coaching and tactics however - is something I'm not seeing. I'm seeing improvements in several key areas of our play compared to where we were at last season and a decent foundation for dominating matches go completely to waste due to our players acting totally inept in the final third.

Perhaps part of this ineptness is due to a lack of instructions - but I'm sorry I have to be brutally honest here once more and just say it out straight - that if you've been a footballer all your life playing at a top level even alongside some of the best managers and coaches there's ever been - and you can't even make the most obvious of choices nor get the absolute basics right in crucial moments - then blaming the coaches for your failures seems all too convenient to me.

But like I said I've already elaborated on it numerous times - and I really can't be bothered moving in circles over and over again. You either agree with my perspective or don't - you either see what I'm seeing or not - and it won't matter either way as history has a tendency towards revealing the truth. Whether our current coaching staff is given time or not - we'll know soon enough who's right and who's wrong. If results pick up once we get reinforced - then guess what it was the quality of our squad all along not Solskjaer's failure as a coach. Equally so if Ole and crew are given the axe and our new management fares no better - you have to put the blame where it belongs (on the players in case that wasn't obvious).

I'm not too worried. We've gone through four managers who've all come up short - one of them among the most accomplished this game's ever produced even and he said it out straight that managing second place with this lot was his greatest achievement so far - and our offensive setup was undeniably stronger when he was in charge than it is at present so to me that's quite telling.

Kammy26

Imagine if Ole had won the FA cup and the CL last year, fans would've wanted to give him a lifetime contract. That's what Di Matteo achieved in 2012 and he was sacked only 6 months after his CL win.

Ole had achieved nothing as Utd manager, and his team has been in relegation form for months with barely showing any signs of improvements. Somehow though, he still has a job and a lot of people still argue for keeping him.

Wait wait wait!!!! He won a last 16 game against PSG. I think he deserves a life time contract and a statue for achieving that with this team!!!

MisterLupus

It's a shared responsibility no matter the circumstances. Coaches are there to set up a framework for players to thrive in - focused training and tactics - pretty much everything relating to game plans and conditioning. The actual execution however - the ability to utilize these structures set in place and make the most of themselves - is down to the players themselves. Even the best tactics are wasted on someone who simply lacks the will or the skills to utilize it - equally so a really good team could easily be hampered by bad tactics. When witnessing what's going on now - where our play seems quite solid and structured up until a certain point where it suddenly breaks down for the most ridiculous of reasons at times - and not because the opportunity for success simply isn't there - I find it very hard to blame the coaches for this. They can only do so much - the players themselves have to take responsibility for not being able to make that finishing touch.

I'm not sure if that answered your question but there you have it.

Wait wait wait!!!! He won a last 16 game against PSG. I think he deserves a life time contract and a statue for achieving that with this team!!!
...said only you - ever.

Rafaeldagold

No big club in world football would put up with this shite & awful manager.

Only us. It smacks of arrogance to be honest & we deserve every piss poor performance we get

Gazzaroon

What on Earth are you talking about? He should be sacked because he has no clue. Sure the players are not good enough but any decent manager would sort out a system that the players he has are capable of playing.
It's ridiculous to expect every team to play tiki taka when they can't play like Iniesta.
But the same players can play a lot better in a different system.
It's the manager's fault he can't get them to take a decent corner. And it's the manager's fault for reducing the squad without replacing the players.
Ole can't even organise a piss up in a pub.
So, are we really suggesting that the manager, one guy out of a team of 100 or so ( I am guessing) really has a major impact. We had a world class manager - 2 in fact, and the team were no different. The players are NOT playing for Man Utd but for the money they get. Ole has come in and taken the hardest decision of all and that is to go back to the old ways under SAF and that will take time to come true and he should be given time. There has been slow play since LVG so it can't be OGS. It's the players who need to play for the badge and NOT their pay packets and the other perks that come along.

It is really apparent that it is nothing to do with the manager at Man Utd - as history has shown - but it's all to do with the guys on the pitch and giving a performance worthy of the badge, the club and the fans.

Foxbatt

It's a shared responsibility no matter the circumstances. Coaches are there to set up a framework for players to thrive in - focused training and tactics - pretty much everything relating to game plans and conditioning. The actual execution however - the ability to utilize these structures set in place and make the most of themselves - is down to the players themselves. Even the best tactics are wasted on someone who simply lacks the will or the skills to utilize it - equally so a really good team could easily be hampered by bad tactics. When witnessing what's going on now - where our play seems quite solid and structured up until a certain point where it suddenly breaks down for the most ridiculous of reasons at times - and not because the opportunity for success simply isn't there - I find it very hard to blame the coaches for this. They can only do so much - the players themselves have to take responsibility for not being able to make that finishing touch.

I'm not sure if that answered your question but there you have it.

...said only you - ever.
If the players are not playing according to his instructions then as a manager it's his duty and responsibility to see they follow his instructions. If they don't then he should drop them and sell them.
He hasn't done neither.
Actually good coaches will do regularly practice even without the ball the player movements.
No these players are not so bad that they cannot follow instructions. Most of them are international players who perform for their countries.
Surely they could get a corner kick right? Yet the fact they can't and continue to do the same thing over and over again shows the manager has no clue about it. If he has and yet continue to do so hoping there will be a different outcome then it's called insanity.
If they continue to defy him and if he can't get them to obey him, then he has lost control and should be sacked immediately.

Gazzaroon

If the players are not playing according to his instructions then as a manager it's his duty and responsibility to see they follow his instructions. If they don't then he should drop them and sell them.
He hasn't done neither.
Actually good coaches will do regularly practice even without the ball the player movements.
No these players are not so bad that they cannot follow instructions. Most of them are international players who perform for their countries.
Surely they could get a corner kick right? Yet the fact they can't and continue to do the same thing over and over again shows the manager has no clue about it. If he has and yet continue to do so hoping there will be a different outcome then it's called insanity.
If they continue to defy him and if he can't get them to obey him, then he has lost control and should be sacked immediately.
But didn't we have a more authoritarian manager in LVG and even Mourinho and still it didn't work. It has to be deeper and more engrained in the club for this to continue rather than simply being a 'manager' issue. And, as we say in a company setting 'the tone of a company is set by the top management', so this must be the same here. Man Utd is a company focussed on maximising profit and taking advantage of it's global brand and the football is a secondary interference to actually making money! The mentality of Man Utd top brass is to make money and watch a little football. This is the main issue, I would suggest!

SAFMUTD

No big club in world football would put up with this shite & awful manager.

Only us. It smacks of arrogance to be honest & we deserve every piss poor performance we get
Sadly we are not a big club anymore, we are a rich popular club but thats about it.

Duncan the Great

Sadly we are not a big club anymore, we are a rich popular club but thats about it.
What is your definition of a big club then? So Leicester in fourth and getting results are now a bigger club or if some oil Sheikh decides to buy Norwich do they suddenly become a big club.

Utd are and always will be a "big" club, when we were relegated to the old division 2 we were still the biggest club in the land.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafaeldagold

I would have thought that clubs that sack their Manager at the drop of a hat are being arrogant. You can't accuse United of that.
How’s that arrogant? It’s being pro active.

We’re being arrogant as we think some manager who’s achieved nothing in the game deserves to be managing the ‘ biggest club in England’ Someone who has made us worse since he’s been here yet he still hasn’t been sacked!

it’s pure arrogance & misplaced too as other clubs will surge ahead of us

MisterLupus

We’re being arrogant as we think some manager who’s achieved nothing in the game deserves to be managing the ‘ biggest club in England’
Yup Solskjaer clearly is a nobody who's achieved nothing at all in this game - he's totally clueless knows nothing at all everything is just awful about this guy no positives whatsoever. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking that this is the guy we're now stuck with he's clearly an complete waste of time - I mean just look at this utterly unimpressive CV:

As Player:

UEFA Champions League: 1998-99
Premier League Champion: 1996-97 / 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-03 / 2006-07
FA Cup Champion: 1998-99 / 2003-04
FA Community Shield: 1996 / 2003
Intercontinental Cup: 1999
Norwegian 3rd Division: 1993

As Manager:

Norwegian Elite Division: 2011 / 2012
Norwegian Cup: 2013
Norwegian Elite Division Runners Up: 2017 / 2018
Premier Reserve League Champions (Manchester United Reserves): 2009-10.
Lancashire Senior Cup (Manchester United Reserves): 2008-09
Manchester Senior Cup (Manchester United Reserves): 2009

Also managed to win his UEFA Cup group despite being up against Ajax, Celtic and Fenerbahce in 2015 - I feel that's worth a mention.

Personal Accomplishments:

Norwegian Player of the Year: 1996
Manchester United Top Scorer: 1996-1997 / Second Placed: 2001-02 / Third Placed: 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-2003 /
Norwegian Coach of the Year: 2011 / 2012
Premier League Manager of the Month: January 2019

Oh yeah and there's this of course:

Knight of the Order of St. Olav First Class: 2008 (yes I believe the correct way to address him is "Sir Who's-Achieved-Nothing-In-The-Game" as the guy is fecking knighted).

Meanwhile Rafaeldagold - where have you been and what are your greatest achievements? I mean Sir What's-His-Face can't possibly be any match whatsoever for a genius footballer such as yourself - seeing as how you're so blindly dismissive of everything he's ever accomplished I imagine your resume must be otherworldly? Managed a convenience store once upon a time at the very least - I'm hoping? Seriously there's being hopeful and then there's being pessimistic about this project I get it there are good reasons for both - personally I think concluding anything is premature at this point - but you guys who are downright anti-Solskjaer - you who are actually hating on the guy...

Your characteristics are so way over the top I'm actually surprised they're not in breach of forum rules - and even if they're not they're certainly an insult to something :rolleyes:

SAFMUTD

What is your definition of a big club then? So Leicester in fourth and getting results are now a bigger club or if some oil Sheikh decides to buy Norwich do they suddenly become a big club.

Utd are and always will be a "big" club, when we were relegated to the old division 2 we were still the biggest club in the land.
All the thing about being a big club is based on opinion, so I will give what is my personal definition of a big club.

A big club must have 3 essential things:

1-. History (titles)
2-. Popularity
3-. Competitiveness.

The only one of those that you can't loose is history, but you may very well lose popularity and competitiveness.

I'll give some examples to make my point clearer.

Milan/Arsenal/ManUtd are not a big clubs currently, they are historical and popular clubs but lack competitivness therefore not big in my opinion.

City and PSG are not a big clubs, they're on their way to become but currently arent, theyre competitive but they dont have a rich enough history nor are globally popular enough yet.

Some big clubs I consider right now are Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern, they got all the three factors, history, popularity and competitiveness.

In my opinion there's no such thing as always be a big club, look at historical teams that were once big but now no one would dare to call them big. Aston Villa for example has more league titles than Chelsea and City, but would you dare to call them a big club?

Reiver

I'm baffled by the number of ex-untited players saying the club need to back Ole. Based on what exactly? A buy them young, buy them British transfer strategy? Results and performances are as dire as they've ever been.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yup Solskjaer clearly is a nobody who's achieved nothing at all in this game - he's totally clueless knows nothing at all everything is just awful about this guy no positives whatsoever. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking that this is the guy we're now stuck with he's clearly an complete waste of time - I mean just look at this utterly unimpressive CV:

As Player:

Premier League Champion: 1996-97 / 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-03 / 2006-07

As Manager:

Also managed to win his UEFA Cup group despite being up against Ajax, Celtic and Fenerbahce in 2015 - I feel that's worth a mention.

Manchester United Top Scorer: 1996-1997 / Second Placed: 2001-02 / Third Placed: 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-2003 /

Knight of the Order of St. Olav First Class: 2008 (yes I believe the correct way to address him is "Sir Who's-Achieved-Nothing-In-The-Game" as the guy is fecking knighted).

Meanwhile Rafaeldagold - where have you been and what are your greatest achievements? I mean Sir What's-His-Face can't possibly be any match whatsoever for a genius footballer such as yourself - seeing as how you're so blindly dismissive of everything he's ever accomplished I imagine your resume must be otherworldly? Managed a convenience store once upon a time at the very least - I'm hoping? Seriously there's being hopeful and then there's being pessimistic about this project I get it there are good reasons for both - personally I think concluding anything is premature at this point - but you guys who are downright anti-Solskjaer - you who are actually hating on the guy...

Your characteristics are so way over the top I'm actually surprised they're not in breach of forum rules - and even if they're not they're certainly an insult to something :rolleyes:
Surely the managerial CV just confirms his ineligibility for a job like this.

I'll back Ole until Woodward is shown the door first, but United legend aside, he is clearly not experienced enough, or not good enough for the United job, and this just confirms it.

RooneyLegend

Isn't it funny how we go through this everytime one of these incompetent blokes have to be fired? I mean, these blokes have a group of fans defending them as though its like when Chelsea fired Mou the first time, or Ancelotti or Conte I.E title winning managers. Instead its a bunch of guys who've completely wasted club resources for little to no reward.

Its not like we couldn't see a season like this coming after the window we've just had. We've weakened the squad for whatever reason and have actually a worse manager than before, what else were we expecting. I posted in the summer that we were toast, why did anyone think anything else?

Quality players + quality coaching is all it takes to be successful in this sport, we have neither. In truth all responsible with putting this squad together and the ones responsible for how these players are used should be gone.

Sadly for us, we know the Glazers understand the square root of nothing about the game. This really is a shambles and it will continue to be so until they make big changes. Woody and, Ole, half the squad should be gone asap. At this point the Glazers are hoping Woodward stumbles upon a solution and that from what we've seen just wont be happening.

RooneyLegend

Surely the managerial CV just confirms his ineligibility for a job like this.

I'll back Ole until Woodward is shown the door first, but United legend aside, he is clearly not experienced enough, or not good enough for the United job, and this just confirms it.
Im not sure what him as a player has to do about anything, will he be suiting up soon?

tomaldinho1

As Player:

As Manager:

This kind of reaction is precisely what the issue with our club is - we are too emotional to think rationally. If you like Ole or back Ole that's fine (despite how misguided I think it is) but you have to realise how irrelevant everything you have posted above is, his managerial experience is just nowhere near what you'd expect from any PL club, let alone one as large as United. Past glories are good for telling your grand children when you're old, not building a club around.

As a manager, Ole's record in the PL is atrocious.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

As Player:

As Manager:

You should be his PR man...or his mother

Caesar2290

Wouldn't you just love to be proved wrong?

Nostradamus, is that you?

How do you confuse Rio Ferdinand? Place a shovel, a spade, and a rake against a wall, and ask him to take his Pick
I said it before and I’ll say it again. You sir is what Glaston would look like if he supported United.

To even mention Sir Alex’s managerial pedigree in the same sentence as Ole is just plain wrong.

The man broke the Old Firm rivalry and won the equivalent of europa league by beating Real Madrid in the final.

Ole won the first titles with Molde while the club was pumped with cash a la Chelsea and City. As soon as he got a job outside Norway, not only did he relegate the side, but left it in a much worse state all the while signing 9 different players.

There is no comparison, and it doesn’t take a Nostradamus to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.