Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLupus

Surely the managerial CV just confirms his ineligibility for a job like this.

I'll back Ole until Woodward is shown the door first, but United legend aside, he is clearly not experienced enough, or not good enough for the United job, and this just confirms it.
Im not sure what him as a player has to do about anything, will he be suiting up soon?
This kind of reaction is precisely what the issue with our club is - we are too emotional to think rationally. If you like Ole or back Ole that's fine (despite how misguided I think it is) but you have to realise how irrelevant everything you have posted above is, his managerial experience is just nowhere near what you'd expect from any PL club, let alone one as large as United. Past glories are good for telling your grand children when you're old, not building a club around.

As a manager, Ole's record in the PL is atrocious.
You should be his PR man...or his mother
You guys missed the plot entirely - all of you - congratulations on that I suppose. I've never made any case whatsoever as to whether or not Ole is qualified for the United job - in fact I pointed out without anything even resembling ambiguity that I'm still reserving my judgement in that regard. All I did was to point out that his harshest critics in here are absolute binheads - and that regardless of whether or not he's the right man for us he's not the clueless and unaccomplished amateur they make him out to be. That their over-the-top reactions towards him are both unwarranted and quite mental - simply put that he deserves way more credit than that. I even wrote as much - so I'm... Actually not surprised at all I didn't get that message across because I've lived among people long enough to long since stop being awestruck at how profoundly dense a person can end up :lol:

Mainoldo

You guys missed the plot entirely - all of you - congratulations on that I suppose. I've never made any case whatsoever as to whether or not Ole is qualified for the United job - in fact I pointed out without anything even resembling ambiguity that I'm still reserving my judgement in that regard. All I did was to point out that his harshest critics in here are absolute binheads - and that regardless of whether or not he's the right man for us he's not the clueless and unaccomplished amateur they make him out to be. That their over-the-top reactions towards him are both unwarranted and quite mental - simply put that he deserves way more credit than that. I even wrote as much - so I'm... Actually not surprised at all I didn't get that message across because I've lived among people long enough to long since stop being awestruck at how profoundly dense a person can end up :lol:
I think Don Strapzy would do a better job and I’d be more entertained watching a well edited YouTube channel of it.

Denis79

Sadly I think that the Liverpool game will make it or break it for him.

Rafaeldagold

Yup Solskjaer clearly is a nobody who's achieved nothing at all in this game - he's totally clueless knows nothing at all everything is just awful about this guy no positives whatsoever. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking that this is the guy we're now stuck with he's clearly an complete waste of time - I mean just look at this utterly unimpressive CV:

As Player:

UEFA Champions League: 1998-99
Premier League Champion: 1996-97 / 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-03 / 2006-07
FA Cup Champion: 1998-99 / 2003-04
FA Community Shield: 1996 / 2003
Intercontinental Cup: 1999
Norwegian 3rd Division: 1993

As Manager:

Norwegian Elite Division: 2011 / 2012
Norwegian Cup: 2013
Norwegian Elite Division Runners Up: 2017 / 2018
Premier Reserve League Champions (Manchester United Reserves): 2009-10.
Lancashire Senior Cup (Manchester United Reserves): 2008-09
Manchester Senior Cup (Manchester United Reserves): 2009

Also managed to win his UEFA Cup group despite being up against Ajax, Celtic and Fenerbahce in 2015 - I feel that's worth a mention.

Personal Accomplishments:

Norwegian Player of the Year: 1996
Manchester United Top Scorer: 1996-1997 / Second Placed: 2001-02 / Third Placed: 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-2003 /
Norwegian Coach of the Year: 2011 / 2012
Premier League Manager of the Month: January 2019

Oh yeah and there's this of course:

Knight of the Order of St. Olav First Class: 2008 (yes I believe the correct way to address him is "Sir Who's-Achieved-Nothing-In-The-Game" as the guy is fecking knighted).

Meanwhile Rafaeldagold - where have you been and what are your greatest achievements? I mean Sir What's-His-Face can't possibly be any match whatsoever for a genius footballer such as yourself - seeing as how you're so blindly dismissive of everything he's ever accomplished I imagine your resume must be otherworldly? Managed a convenience store once upon a time at the very least - I'm hoping? Seriously there's being hopeful and then there's being pessimistic about this project I get it there are good reasons for both - personally I think concluding anything is premature at this point - but you guys who are downright anti-Solskjaer - you who are actually hating on the guy...

Your characteristics are so way over the top I'm actually surprised they're not in breach of forum rules - and even if they're not they're certainly an insult to something :rolleyes:
what the fcuk are you talking about

I don’t care what he’s wok in Norway.,

He’s shite & should go back to Molde

Caesar2290

Wouldn't you just love to be proved wrong?

Nostradamus, is that you?

How do you confuse Rio Ferdinand? Place a shovel, a spade, and a rake against a wall, and ask him to take his Pick
I said it before and I’ll say it again. You sir is what Glaston would look like if he supported United.

To even mention Sir Alex’s managerial pedigree in the same sentence as Ole is just plain wrong.

The man broke the Old Firm rivalry and won the equivalent of europa league by beating Real Madrid in the final.

Ole won the first titles with Molde while the club was pumped with cash a la Chelsea and City. As soon as he got a job outside Norway, not only did he relegate the side, but left it in a much worse state all the while signing 9 different players.

There is no comparison, and it doesn’t take a Nostradamus to see that

Denis79

Seems an incredible way to plan the future of our club. Judge how he does against the European Champions and not the relegation fodder we've already lost to.
Our Modus Operandi it seems. There's no planning just jerk reactions like with us fans. I understand both sides of the Ole discussion but it shouldn't hang on the performance of this game but I really believe it does.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Yup Solskjaer clearly is a nobody who's achieved nothing at all in this game - he's totally clueless knows nothing at all everything is just awful about this guy no positives whatsoever. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking that this is the guy we're now stuck with he's clearly an complete waste of time - I mean just look at this utterly unimpressive CV:

As Player:

Premier League Champion: 1996-97 / 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-03 / 2006-07

As Manager:

Also managed to win his UEFA Cup group despite being up against Ajax, Celtic and Fenerbahce in 2015 - I feel that's worth a mention.

Manchester United Top Scorer: 1996-1997 / Second Placed: 2001-02 / Third Placed: 1998-99 / 1999-00 / 2000-01 / 2002-2003 /

Knight of the Order of St. Olav First Class: 2008 (yes I believe the correct way to address him is "Sir Who's-Achieved-Nothing-In-The-Game" as the guy is fecking knighted).

Meanwhile Rafaeldagold - where have you been and what are your greatest achievements? I mean Sir What's-His-Face can't possibly be any match whatsoever for a genius footballer such as yourself - seeing as how you're so blindly dismissive of everything he's ever accomplished I imagine your resume must be otherworldly? Managed a convenience store once upon a time at the very least - I'm hoping? Seriously there's being hopeful and then there's being pessimistic about this project I get it there are good reasons for both - personally I think concluding anything is premature at this point - but you guys who are downright anti-Solskjaer - you who are actually hating on the guy...

Your characteristics are so way over the top I'm actually surprised they're not in breach of forum rules - and even if they're not they're certainly an insult to something :rolleyes:
Whats the point of posting all that? Might as well give Teddy Sheringham the job then, 'cause other than the "as a player" info you posted all the rest is nothing to chat about.

el3mel

Ole is a nothing manager on top tier level. If he leaves us I doubt he will be touched by a Premier league team again. No one in PL actually touched him after he was sacked by Cardiff anyway.

I Am Zlatan

When you put it like this it really shows how utterly ludicrous that is...!
I wonder if the boar stalling because they either haven’t sound a manager they want, or maybe finalizing things with a new manager?

I hope that’s the case, but judging from how we’ve done things in the past, I won’t hold my breath.

Eric7C

Funny thread.

We have found both United's Glaston and Ole's Amadeus in it.

Foxbatt

So, are we really suggesting that the manager, one guy out of a team of 100 or so ( I am guessing) really has a major impact. We had a world class manager - 2 in fact, and the team were no different. The players are NOT playing for Man Utd but for the money they get. Ole has come in and taken the hardest decision of all and that is to go back to the old ways under SAF and that will take time to come true and he should be given time. There has been slow play since LVG so it can't be OGS. It's the players who need to play for the badge and NOT their pay packets and the other perks that come along.

It is really apparent that it is nothing to do with the manager at Man Utd - as history has shown - but it's all to do with the guys on the pitch and giving a performance worthy of the badge, the club and the fans.
LVG may have bored us all to sleep but he won the FA Cup and got us to the 5th and there was progress from the mess Moyes did. He also had a track record of winning the La Liga, Bundesliga and the even the CL. Jose won the CL twice. SAF had already won the Scottish League( when they were good in football), had also won the European Cup Winners Cup beating Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the process. What has Ole done apart from winning the Norwegian League? You may as well get someone from San Marion because he has won the the League in San Marino.
The players are not succeeding because he is not capable of getting them to play in a way they will succeed. it is not the pressing that is the problem because we do get the ball back. It is what to do with it once we get back. It is that he cannot get them to take a decent corner for once. Why should only United players down their tools? They are all International players and if they do not perform for their clubs they will get dropped.
So the manager does not count? If so why do we even hire a manager? Get someone from CAF and get players who are willing to play for only the badge and see how stupid it sounds.

Greck

Seems an incredible way to plan the future of our club. Judge how he does against the European Champions and not the relegation fodder we've already lost to.
It's a bit ridiculous but happens a lot. Newcastle were on the verge of sacking Brucey before we gave him that freebie. For Managers being judged on a game by game happens. Agree with your point. I wanted Ole gone in the summer because I knew it was clear as day he couldn't manage a lemonade stand from the MASSIVE red flags he showed at last season's end. Wanted to avoid throwing away another entire year

berbasloth4

ole is obviously struggling but we cant just keep sacking managers. we had one of the greatest managers of all time and it didnt work. we need to give ole a bit of time 2/3 years maybe. if all these players hit peak and their potential at the same time we could be on to something. Sir alex couldnt get this team playing well. I do believe however he needs to get a bit more heart and fear behind the scenes. maybe hire a vidic an evra a keane etc. a few who will remind our players where they are.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Boys, I think I found Glaston's alter ego.
I said it before and I’ll say it again. You sir is what Glaston would look like if he supported United.

To even mention Sir Alex’s managerial pedigree in the same sentence as Ole is just plain wrong.

The man broke the Old Firm rivalry and won the equivalent of europa league by beating Real Madrid in the final.

Ole won the first titles with Molde while the club was pumped with cash a la Chelsea and City. As soon as he got a job outside Norway, not only did he relegate the side, but left it in a much worse state all the while signing 9 different players.

There is no comparison, and it doesn’t take a Nostradamus to see that.
Feel free to highlight where i've questioned SAF's pedigree.

Boys. :lol:

Eric7C

ole is obviously struggling but we cant just keep sacking managers. we had one of the greatest managers of all time and it didnt work. we need to give ole a bit of time 2/3 years maybe. if all these players hit peak and their potential at the same time we could be on to something. Sir alex couldnt get this team playing well. I do believe however he needs to get a bit more heart and fear behind the scenes. maybe hire a vidic an evra a keane etc. a few who will remind our players where they are.
We can. Big clubs are proactive and make changes when things are going sh*te.

Blasphemous comment about Sir Alex. Go have a look at the kind of players he made champions.

Keane - another failed manager to add to our collection.

Womp

idiot
I'm pretty sure this was the same guy who was adamant it was the manager and that our players were far better than they were showing under Mourinho. Good to see his tune has changed now that Ole is in charge.

Foxbatt

Can anyone sensibly tell me what Ole has done as a manager to give such blind faith?
He got rid of the deadwood? Yes at this moment in time those deadwood would walk into this team.
He tried to get us to play attacking football? We have not been able to take even a decent number of shots on target.
We have regressed under him. I see no sensible reason why anyone would think he has the capability to make Manchester United great again and winning trophies.

berbasloth4

We can. Big clubs are proactive and make changes when things are going sh*te. ----- big teams have quality players and just need slight tweeks

Blasphemous comment about Sir Alex. Go have a look at the kind of players he made champions. ----- fergies last league winning squad was one of his worst still far better than now

Keane - another failed manager to add to our collection. --- not as a manager as coach disciplinarian etc a bit of leadership and influence

MisterLupus

what the fcuk are you talking about

I don’t care what he’s wok in Norway.,

He’s shite & should go back to Molde
Whats the point of posting all that? Might as well give Teddy Sheringham the job then, 'cause other than the "as a player" info you posted all the rest is nothing to chat about.
...two more who completely missed the plot. One repeating the exact behavior I was addressing - and another even asking what the point is even though it's explained within the post. No matter how bad United look these days - no matter how crap our team is and what a mess the club as a whole is looking - the people posting on this forum still fails to do her justice. There are top reds sure - but they are few and far between compared to the bottom dwellers currently dominating the scene. RAWK ain't got shit on Redcafe these days - you're worse than children it's that fecking pathetic.

Handsome Devil

I am completely converted now on seeing that impressive list of Ole's managerial achievements, especially that cup win in 2013 when he probably tactically outsmarted a team of puffins in the final.

Gazzaroon

Can anyone sensibly tell me what Ole has done as a manager to give such blind faith?
He got rid of the deadwood? Yes at this moment in time those deadwood would walk into this team.
He tried to get us to play attacking football? We have not been able to take even a decent number of shots on target.
We have regressed under him. I see no sensible reason why anyone would think he has the capability to make Manchester United great again and winning trophies.
But the very same comments were being said under the last manager, and the one before that! So we keep going through international renowned managers who require instant success and need to spend, spend, spend. It's better to use OGS to remove the deadwood, and start a rebuild that won't cost as much as he doesn't want to spend for the sake of spending. We just need patience, if you sack the manager, it all goes back to zero again and we start complaining about the next manager because there is no instant success.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafaeldagold

...two more who completely missed the plot. One repeating the exact behavior I was addressing - and another even asking what the point is even though it's explained within the post. No matter how bad United look these days - no matter how crap our team is and what a mess the club as a whole is looking - the people posting on this forum still fails to do her justice. There are top reds sure - but they are few and far between compared to the bottom dwellers currently dominating the scene. RAWK ain't got shit on Redcafe these days - you're worse than children it's that fecking pathetic.
Just a whole lot of nothingness said there.

Ole is shite & needs to go and it’s insane he’s still here. Big club were clearly not anymore.

Was speaking to a friend who supports Cardiff who said how awful Ole was yet we are keeping him..It’s laughable & we have a lot of fools in our fan base & boardroom want to keep him because...he talks a good game about changing things or the culture or some other shit. He’s a bull shitter & a crap manager and needs to go ASAP before more damage is done

Rista

Can you name one club that has done something as stupid as that? Give an underperforming manager 2-3 more years, just in case he may be on to something. There is a reason it does not happen at any other big club - it is a strategy that does not make sense.

Pretty funny how the general opinion of LVG and Jose on here was that the players were much better than our performances and results were showing. And now it's completely opposite. The players are all trash and the managerial position apparently does not matter that much anyway. All that coming from fans of the club that had the best manager of all time for 27 years!

Houdini

We need to stop signing managers and players which past their best.

MisterLupus

Can you name one club that has done something as stupid as that? Give an underperforming manager 2-3 more years, just in case he may be on to something. There is a reason it does not happen at any other big club - it is a strategy that does not make sense.

Pretty funny how the general opinion of LVG and Jose on here was that the players were much better than our performances and results were showing. And now it's completely opposite. The players are all trash and the managerial position apparently does not matter that much anyway. All that coming from fans of the club that had the best manager of all time for 27 years!
These are our only players performing at a respectable level for us this season: De Gea, Shaw, Maguire, Lindelöf, Wan-Bissaka, McTominay, Pogba, James, Martial and Rashford. That's not even enough to fill a starting eleven - and even among them there are few who would be considered more than prospects and rotation options in a title-challenging side. Beyond that we have absolutely nothing except a bunch of mediocrities who are either too inexperienced to be rated yet or who've been inconsistent and unreliable throughout three shifts of management gradually getting worse and looking less invested for each passing year. Players who couldn't even secure themselves a first team spot under Mourinho - in a team so lacking in quality he called getting them to second place in a season where none of the top teams really lived up to their standards his greatest achievement (and compared to Solskjaer he's achieved quite a lot wouldn't you agree?).

Also out of our starting ten - we've had three or four injuries ever since our third game. It says it all in regards to our quality - when out of the players who've had to step in as replacements - Young has been our best performer so far. When Ashley fecking Young years past his prime is the one setting the bar - there's a fecking crisis going on okay? And it has nothing to do with coaching - we're short a few players in our starting eleven and beyond that we have absolutely no depth whatsoever. It's exactly the situation pretty much everyone predicted this summer - it's our lack of activity in regards to reinforcing both midfield and attack that's crippled us. But hey feel free to fire our coaches - you'll see though I can almost guarantee it that performances will still be poor until we improve on our squad.

C'est Moi Cantona

You guys missed the plot entirely - all of you - congratulations on that I suppose. I've never made any case whatsoever as to whether or not Ole is qualified for the United job - in fact I pointed out without anything even resembling ambiguity that I'm still reserving my judgement in that regard. All I did was to point out that his harshest critics in here are absolute binheads - and that regardless of whether or not he's the right man for us he's not the clueless and unaccomplished amateur they make him out to be. That their over-the-top reactions towards him are both unwarranted and quite mental - simply put that he deserves way more credit than that. I even wrote as much - so I'm... Actually not surprised at all I didn't get that message across because I've lived among people long enough to long since stop being awestruck at how profoundly dense a person can end up
Oh dear, this is really not a good look, why people feel the need to end their posts like this as some sort act of profound intelligence is beyond me.

As you are clearly trying to prove you are a bright guy, so why post something that went against the point you were trying to make, or was it literally just some sarcastic attempt to prove that Ole is indeed more qualified than the average Caf remember, but as someone who is 'dense' then of course that shocked me, someone slightly less dense just said to me that this was obvious though, so why point out that he is less qualified than virtually every manager managing at the top level, with a personality that screams 'wrong guy'.

If you want to sit of the fence with you opinion of Ole then fair enough, but other than the extreme others should be able to say as they please, my own opinion is that he is a million miles away from what we need, but I will back him all the way until the people who are really killing this club are shown the door.

Robbie Boy

Oh dear, this is really not a good look, why people feel the need to end their posts like this as some sort act of profound intelligence is beyond me.

As you are clearly trying to prove you are a bright guy, so why post something that went against the point you were trying to make, or was it literally just some sarcastic attempt to prove that Ole is indeed more qualified than the average Caf remember, but as someone who is 'dense' then of course that shocked me, someone slightly less dense just said to me that this was obvious though, so why point out that he is less qualified than virtually every manager managing at the top level, with a personality that screams 'wrong guy'.

If you want to sit of the fence with you opinion of Ole then fair enough, but other than the extreme others should be able to say as they please, my own opinion is that he is a million miles away from what we need, but I will back him all the way until the people who are really killing this club are shown the door.
He’s best ignored. Just read some of his posts and his lack of self awareness or emotional intelligence to separate Ole the player / person and Ole the manager, actually defies belief. His posts are hideous.

MisterLupus

I'm not trying to prove anything beyond the dire state of this forum and the absolute rubbish quality of certain posts. I don't care about you randominternetguy1483548275934265972346589 - you're not so important to me that impressing you is considered a priority. I just dish back what people themselves serve is all - or do you feel it's okay for some people to shovel shit in every direction but wrong of me to call those particular spades out as the spades they obviously are?

Feck off if that's the case. Act like a moron I'll call you out as one. You can't expect more from anyone - from me you get the respect you deserve no more no less.

He’s best ignored. Just read some of his posts and his lack of self awareness or emotional intelligence to separate Ole the player / person and Ole the manager, actually defies belief. His posts are hideous.
This is exactly what I'm talking about - fifty shades of troglodyte right there. Please point out where I do that.

Edit note (since you're taking your time probably probing my history looking for some straw to clutch your hands around): Here's a clue - you won't find it anywhere because I never did that. In fact I've done the opposite on numerous occasions and stated that Solskjaer's personality might very well be his biggest flaw - that he's too optimistic, gullible and too much of a nice guy for his own good. So you just made that shit up - you're attempting to shovel some make-believe shit at me - because you good sir - like so many others in here - are a spade ;)

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Still on keep, solely due to the fact there's no obvious alternative out there at the moment.

Also, anyone who expects anything after Liverpool is kidding themselves. He's failed to beat shit like Southampton, Rochdale, Newcastle in a row, in Liverpool we're actually up against a much much superior team. So the excuse is ready-made. Run of Bournemouth, Norwich, Chelsea, Sheffield all away after Liverpool will seal his fate. Let's hope we are actually doing some work in the background in meantime for a new manager.

red thru&thru

We have to let Ole go but also Ed too. For me, you let Ed go first then then the new man appoints the new coach.

Surprise there is not a poll done yet about who should go first, Ed or Ole?!

Robbie Boy

We have to let Ole go but also Ed too. For me, you let Ed go first then then the new man appoints the new coach.

Surprise there is not a poll done yet about who should go first, Ed or Ole?!
Everyone knows Ed has to go but unfortunately it isn’t going to happen. We just have to hope he makes a good decision with his next managerial appointment but that seems far fetched. Either way, Ole needs to go, he’s just a really poor manager who has no business managing us.

dove

As Player:

As Manager:

This just confirms he should be nowhere near Manchester United job. If we desperately want to have one of our ex players steering the club towards a total mediocrity, we should maybe try Neville next, he had a "great" spell at Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.