Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I voted keep.

It’s on the basis that there’s no plan if we sack. Basically Brexit.

If we had a plan of replacing with Pochettino, and a DoF too then I’d reconsider my vote. Or even VDS and the Ajax manager.
So you want him sacked, you just want there to be a good replacement.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Presumably you didn't have a problem when he won 10, drew 2 and lost one as interim, or did you?
I didn’t, but there was nothing sustainable to it, or do you actually believe Ole to be some genius who managed to put his tactical print on a team within days?
The guy has been in a rut for a long time, we’ve been in a rut, he doesn’t seem to be capable to get us out of the rut.
We’re not improving, we’re regressing, and we look more under coached than ever.
That run was obviously a Mourinho coached team motivated with a couple of nice words in his interviews and pressers, it is not sustainable and until proven wrong, Paul Ince was correct in his judgement that it could’ve been almost anyone to go on that post-Jose run.

90 + 5min

Well, there is still some people thinking like me when it comes to Ole. Keep. There is no way that we would be better if we sack him now. We are not even in november and people are moaning knowing before season that the squad is thin and that it would be tough season looking at the players we have. Suddenly, a couple of winless games, and it looks like some of you thought we were contenders for every prize by your reaction.

I still see some namedropping. Pochettino who has won same amount trophies as number 0 despite having great team. Zidane who is struggling with Real Madrid stars and so on. Take it easy guys.

welshwingwizard

I can definetly see that we are pressing much higher up than last season. We are also playing more from the back and not just howling the ball long to a target man. James mctominay, Pereira and to some extend Lindgard are good at pressing imo but Rashford played very poorly yesterday. He didn't take part in the pressing. Our CB's are good as well in keeping a high line, there are just some players who needs to up their game a lot for the system to work.
Just as i'm jealous of people with "faith" in a god i'm also jealous of people like yourself who can find positivity and progress in our play. I'd really love to be in that space as i'm sure a lot of fans would who just dont believe in Ole now. Unfortunately I don't recognise what you wrote or how Ole speaks in what I watch.

Suedesi

I didn’t, but there was nothing sustainable to it, or do you actually believe Ole to be some genius who managed to put his tactical print on a team within days?
The guy has been in a rut for a long time, we’ve been in a rut, he doesn’t seem to be capable to get us out of the rut.
We’re not improving, we’re regressing, and we look more under coached than ever.
That run was obviously a Mourinho coached team motivated with a couple of nice words in his interviews and pressers, it is not sustainable and until proven wrong, Paul Ince was correct in his judgement that it could’ve been almost anyone to go on that post-Jose run.
So you wanted Solskjaer in after 13 matches? OK

Now you want him gone after 15 more?

That's not how you build a sustainable club.

This is not a video game.

pat dunne

Woodward should have been fired 5 years ago. He's an absolute clown.
He justed posted record turnover , he is doing his job well , the job he should be doing not the football side of things . Make Ole Director of football , sack Phelan and that gang of coaches who are clearly out of their depth

Sir Scott McToMinay

The right thing to do was to wait for the season to end before making his appointment permanent.
He would’ve never been offered the job come May, you know it and I know it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's had one transfer window, with hands tied behind his back from Ed Woodward and Matt Judge, to fix all the ills of our post-Fergie era squad.
He's had 160m spent on the defense and has a squad that a better coach would be getting far more out of - as was the general consensus about him himself when he was given the fecking job.

If he doesn't improve this form - drastically - he'll quite rightly be sacked.

Andy_Cole

So you want him sacked, you just want there to be a good replacement.
Well we don’t have the best there is, which we should. However I don’t want to rush his sacking. I’d rather give him a good chance than sack with no manger for 6 months. Or worse, hire someone who’s terrible as he’d be the only one available.

pat dunne

You do not build a sustainable club by appointing the wrong guy in the first place and persisting with him .
Sooner or later he will be sacked .

AlwaysRed66

It probably wont make much difference if he is sacked now or at the end of the season, as we are not going to pick a quality manager up at this time of the season, & no we don't Mourinho back. The problem with Solskjaar is that he is one of the worst managers in the Premiership, which is always going to put us at a disadvantage.

Thepinhead

Just as i'm jealous of people with "faith" in a god i'm also jealous of people like yourself who can find positivity and progress in our play. I'd really love to be in that space as i'm sure a lot of fans would who just dont believe in Ole now. Unfortunately I don't recognise what you wrote or how Ole speaks in what I watch.
I just have a feeling that if we give Ole time and backing he won't let us down.

f_to_z

Wether he is 6th, 10th or even 16th in the league after 7 games is irrelevant at the moment. You have to give any manager time. Even though there are signs he looks out of his depth and tactically naive but many managers improve a lot over time. His positive so far are the transfers. He got them all right. This is something to build on next season. He also needs more tactically proven side staff to learn from. I understand the frustrations as i am very critical myself but have to look at it pragmatically rather than emotionally.

If after 2 seasons things are not visibly improving or are obviously declining then you can make a decision. Anything before that is rash and immature from the board.

Infra-red

He justed posted record turnover , he is doing his job well , the job he should be doing not the football side of things . Make Ole Director of football , sack Phelan and that gang of coaches who are clearly out of their depth
I was speaking primarily from a football perspective, where Woodward's influence has been an unmitigated disaster.

In terms of making money for the Glazers, he's done a fantastic job of course, and that, ultimately, is all he and the board will care about.

Scholsey2004

Sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? Er, no. Things would have to get pretty bad for me to get on board with that idea. I'm actually seeing progress. The defence and midfield are much better. The attack needs vastly improving still and the failure to make inroads there wasnt solskjaer's fault. Players were identified but we ran out of time as a result of Woodward's negotiating tactics.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's had 160m spent on the defense and has a squad that a better coach would be getting far more out of - as was the general consensus about him himself when he was given the fecking job.

If he doesn't improve this form - drastically - he'll quite rightly be sacked.
Has he?

R'hllor

Ah, every since JM we have this spinning bullshit back and forth. You say it was disgrace performance in 0:0 game vs Liverpool, cult jump on you with " you think 0:0 away is bad resultl?!" . Now you mention Ole and coaching, they have a go with by mentioning transfer window and other unrelated things. Are people that crazy or what.

redcafe_reader

I have to disagree and I will give you a couple of reasons.

1. As long as we don’t have a quality defensive mid this 4231 nonsense has to stop. Despite a long run of horrendous results we don’t change formation or play our only creative players in his best position. That’s inexcusable.

2. At the moment our forward line is totally out of sync. Rashford is lost and out of form but it doesn’t help him that a injury free Martial is a our preferred striker and Dan James is our preferred left sided forward. Speaking of Martial who’s is trying his best but it’s obvious that he will not score enough goals as a striker. Finally we have James who’s flying but without Lukaku he don’t have target inside the penalty area and therefore his contribution becomes ineffective.

3. Using Periera and Lingard as starters tells you everything you needs to now about the quality of our squad. Any manager with functional eyes and a brain could foresee this.

4. Going into a new season with Matic as our only defensive mid is criminal. McTominay is doing ok but his best position is as a number 8. Yesterday was a testament of that and his best moments of the game was going forward.

Solksjaer has totally misjudged the quality of our squad. His staring lines up are often dysfunctional. His coaching is questionable, to put it mildly, and he don’t have the confidence and skills to change things when his initial plan doesn’t work.

I can go on but the person in charge must change formation and move Pogba further up the field. That’s a must if we’re going to score more goals with this squad. A new manager isn’t ideal but keeping a clueless manager isn’t either.
I don't agree but for the sake of argument let say all your points are 100% correct.

But will sacking Ole solve those points? There is no guarantee. The decision-maker will still be Ed Woodward and the Glazer. And as I said, no good manager will leave their team in the middle of the season to come for us right now. Why bother with another care-taker situation while we already have Ole in charge. And there are improvements from him so let's gave him some more time and 1 more transfer windows (at least)?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm inclined to give him the season, even though he's doing a terrible job, just because I don't trust the board to make an informed decision, and then we'd just be in the rinse and repeat scenario again. Depressing as that is, we have to get some competency in our hierarchy, otherwise it's all a bit pointless. But I can't vote keep either because I don't think he has a clue.

Someone used the term placeholder, which I sort of agree with, in that Ole can ship out more of the deadwood and maybe bring in a couple of more promising youngsters before a top class manager comes in. But he really needs to curb this steep regression, fix his tactics and properly coach his team.

He's a problem, but not our biggest problem.

fergiesarmy1

Depends on the site you're using.

All of them differ in what they define as big chances or chances created.
According to some he made 4 against Southampton yet MOTD showed one and that was a pretty shitty pass in my opinion but not to change the subject chances are an opinion.

Does Mctominays header or Rashford free kick count on these last night as those where pretty big chances and can’t believe we have only created 6 more yet scored more :confused:

Eddy_JukeZ

According to some he made 4 against Southampton yet MOTD showed one and that was a pretty shitty pass in my opinion but not to change the subject chances are an opinion.

Does Mctominays header or Rashford free kick count on these last night as those where pretty big chances and can’t believe we have only created 6 more yet scored more :confused:
Don't think Rashford's free kick counts as a big chance as it's a direct FK.

McTominay's header I would presume counts as a big chance.

But you're making the mistake of thinking every goal we scored came from a big chance or what constitutes a big chance.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Guardian saying Allegri is learning English.

Skills

Snitch

But you're making the mistake of thinking every goal we scored came from a big chance or what constitutes a big chance.
Penalties also wouldn't count

hobbers

Question for the keepers:

How much longer would you tolerate watching our football (in terms of performances, attacking intent and results) going backwards under Ole before you'd sack him?

It's one thing for the squad to be treading water in this situation, as far as results and performances go, but it's inexcusable that we've gotten consistently worse almost game by game over the last 40 matches.

I get there's obviously practicality issues when it comes to the best time to get rid of him, and that's dependent on who we identify as his replacement and when they're available.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
He’s made positive steps in line with fans expectations (/demands): getting rid of dead wood, bringing in 3 players that have done well and want to play for the club and giving youth a chance. It’s a process and we needed to trim right back to be able to bloom again- he is the only man that would be happy to put himself through this process for the good of the club knowing it’s going to be a hard slog, all other managers would want to spend big on big names straight away, we’ve learned through experience that this doesn’t work. We need to stick with it.

LJJT

We cannot change manager, (again) at this stage of the season. He was awarded the job after a fantastic 3 month spell and he deserved it. The wheels have fallen off now but no other manager is going to do anything with this squad after the initial honeymoon period bounce. It’s 6 years of shockingly poor recruitment that has led us to this point. The squad is so poor, they can’t deliver corners, can’t receive balls from throw ins, can’t bring the ball forward with confidence, there’s just so many issues with this group of players. The 3 signings Oles made are positives. Let’s get 3 more in in January. Pointless looking at the league till January, let’s hope we are still in the mix for top 4 then.

fergiesarmy1

Well then them stats mean nothing to me then :lol:

Both efforts I referenced above were 10 times more likely to result in a goal than that shite ass pass pogba pushed Rashford wide with which I assume makes it onto that waste of space leaderboard?

Cockney Phil

We’re in a precarious position but sacking Ole now will make little difference. The squad cannot be increased, the players won’t change/improve overnight, and time is the issue. If we squander the dwindling time left to us in a new management process it will derail getting through this season, which is the priority. We need to focus, come together as a team under siege and ride out the storm. If we can do that and grab a couple of players in January or as loans it should be enough to build a platform for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.