Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

I have to wonder at what point is it poor tactics or just really bad players?

At every stage of managers tenure post Fergie we get to a point where players do nothing to try to score a goal. All game tonight it went wide, no options in the box, pass back, go sideways, then either loss possession or go sideways again. This is a carbon copy of our football under LVG, Jose and now Ole.

It’s a persistent issue that isn’t being resolved every year. Our wingbacks have so many chances to cross and they never ever do it, that was exactly the same when we had Valencia and Young as wingbacks. Surely it has to be tactical to play safe? At some point you would watch a video of the game with the players and tell these fecking moronic players what you want them to do in these situations?

Anyway as for tonight’s result that’s down to a very poor selection of players through our bare squad and injuries. The youngster just aren’t as good as half the Cafe think they are, which has been shown all season. The experienced players are all shit that played tonight bar De Gea.

2E_MUFC

5 wins in 22 games in all comps. Not one shot on target tonight. We are absolutely abysmal to watch. I’d rather watch championship/league one football and that’s an insult to them teams.

So many things wrong at the club yes and that’s not Ole’s fault. He’s club legend and he always will be, but he shouldn’t be our manager. It was just yet another shocking decision by the club to give him the job so early. The youngsters are stagnating under him aswell imo. Greenwood looks nothing special in this team and he has all the potential in the world.

He makes some poor decisions when making subs aswell imo. We only have Rashford, martial and greenwood to play upfront, having made the ridiculous decision to let both Lukaku and Sanchez go. So why risk putting Rashford on? Tonight’s game and the Europa league doesn’t matter really this season imo. Just focus on getting top 4 and let all the youngsters just give the group stage a go. Baffles me.

Sanchez7

The direction is right but there is a clear lack of quality up front. I said at the start of the season that board has left him short and he will most likely pay the price for it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just because I haven't thought that far ahead doesn't make it any less necessary. Keeping him without some massive change in his tactics is worse than sacking him. I mean to say I'm looking at "keep" or "sack" in isolation.
Trust me I feel your frustration, we are in the same boat, but with no plan ahead there’s no point. Likely hood is you have a member of Ole’s back room staff stepping in, it would be very odd for much to change.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The direction is right but there is a clear lack of quality up front. I said at the start of the season that board has left him short and he will most likely pay the price for it.
We're going backwards. Fast. How is that the right direction?

Nanotron

I've said it before and Ill say it again, this isnt Oles fault. He should never have been given the job in the first place.
Im worried the same people are making the same decisions over and over.
That board needs cleared out like the FAI. Every fuking one of them because they dont have a clue.

Rafaeldagold

Yes. Direction to the Championship is clearly there.

When will those voting keep wake the fcuk up!

Pennywise

The football if you can call it that is tumescent and getting worse. Ole has no plan, no clue and no way it's getting better under him.

It's so bad I'd take Wenger now. We'd still be shit but at least we'd have some sort of plan in attack

Smores

Perhaps a competent manager could. Why are there still people who think we can't do better than OGS, how has it come to this?
They're just trying to reason away their madness.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
We've been here before, but as usual, it will end the same and he'll be gone. It's easy to see a manager who might not be getting results but is making a change. Ole so far has failed on the pitch tremendously, not an ounce of identity, needs to go and will go eventually.

Greck

He doesn't even seem to have the occasional false dawn result in his locker. There are no peaks, only valleys. His managerial ability outside of buying is looking really really bad

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Guess they thought....oh this is a forum, people don't change their minds. :houllier:
As a poll it makes zero sense to not include the option to change it. It renders the whole point of it useless.

We're meant to see an accurate representation of fan sentiment, not just one snapshot in time. :houllier:

passing-wind

Posters continually using the past to push their agenda filled with ignorance and blind stupidity. There's no relevance to Klopp given the time he's earned with Liverpool because he's accomplished a completely different career to Solskjaer. Liverpool automatically merited Klopp with time on the basis of what he achieved before he even stepped foot in the club. When Sir Alex took over United the club wasn't the entity it is today, the club is where it is because it was spearheaded by the success of his management transitioning from good to the elite. Sir Alex was also successful (marginally) in European competition aswell as in Scotland. Solskjaer has absolutely no criteria of success as a manager of this club, he offers us nothing long term aside loyalty and that's something that must be earned not given at free will.

Mostly every fan supporting Solskjaer is doing it with something that has no place in business and that's sentimentality. Emotive thinking is useless in the context of work because it evades objectivity. Do you think Roger Federer could go over to the LA Dodgers and instantly become a success ? While this analogy comprises two different sports, the rationale of some opinions is that the foundations are exactly the same because they involve "hitting a ball". That is however evading 99% of every other contributing factor which has an influence. Being a good player has nothing to do with being a good manager, they are two parallel distinctions.

If the results don't change is trajectory Ole will be out at the end of the season.

Enigma_87

You know who
Keep. He’s breaking all negative record there is. Probably the worst United manager of all time when he eventually gets the sack.

king_dinho

Pathetic. Ole has bet on the youth and its backfired terribly. Gomes, Dalot, Greenwood were really poor today.

Bojan11

You are a level headed poster, you sack him, who do you appoint?
What’s that supposed to mean?

Like there’s nobody in world football to replace the mighty Ole?

He’s our Tim Sherwood but worse. I’m sure you were level headed and wanted to keep Tim for years when he was leading you to nowhere.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Allegri is available. It's the easiest decision in the world. He has more coaching ability in his pinky finger than Solksjaer will ever have.
He is but, it’s another rush job and another big contract. I’m seriously considering Poch out but with no plan what’s the point?

Shimo

Knee jerk but, not knee jerk. Seen enough from last season into this season to really question his tactical / game management skills. Last season it was he needed a pre-season to work on fitness and patterns. What patterns have we seen this season at all, I mean even in short bursts to say, you know what, I can see that is what he is trying to get us to do. My goodness, against Astana, against Rochdale, against Alkmaar, teams that are of little threat, so we should be able to go impose our style but, what style do we have- nothing, zero, just devoid of anything that looks like a coherent approach to our attacking side.

Moyes was the same, at the time I was like I'd back him if he actually just showed some tactical nous, some plan from game to game on what he is building.

The only thing Ole seems to be building is a cultural shift, trying to get players that want to play for us and maybe are younger with potential and promote youth. On the pitch he is just so so bad and what is worse, he doesn't seem to recognize it that he thinks if he just sticks to what's in his head, it will happen.

mu4c_20le

Allegri is available. It's the easiest decision in the world. He has more coaching ability in his pinky finger than Solksjaer will ever have.
What makes you think the players will respond to it?

Sanchez7

He is, like majority who wants to keep Ole, a Liverpool supporter in disguise.
You are right, I joined in 2011when SAF was managing us with a long term plan to wind up dove 8 years later on the internet.

All i am saying is that there is a clear lack of quality upfront and the manager has been left short by the board. No manager is going to come in and make Rashford and Lingard productive, we just have no quality upfront.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still don't want him to be sacked, hopefully he will resign if it gets too bad.

dove

You are right, I joined in 2011when SAF was managing us with a long term plan to wind up dove 8 years later on the internet.

All i am saying is that there is a clear lack of quality upfront and the manager has been left short by the board. No manager is going to come in and make Rashford and Lingard productive, we just have no quality upfront.
I don't know, it just feels that the ones who would love us to keep Ole forever would be our rival fans.

Greck

That narrative died last weekend.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Keep. He’s breaking all negative record there is. Probably the worst United manager of all time when he eventually gets the sack.
Truly a terrible manager. Told my dad in the summer he’ll be worse then Moyes.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What’s that supposed to mean?

Like there’s nobody in world football to replace the mighty Ole?

He’s our Tim Sherwood but worse. I’m sure you were level headed and wanted to keep Tim for years when he was leading you to nowhere.
I see what you are getting at but, Sherwood was sacked with a plan to get Poch and was at the end of a season.

SAFMUTD

Everyone that says he shouldnt be sacked is because of the affect they have to Ole as a player, as a manager its clear he is done. He is not the man to take us forward, he isnt even the man to keep us in the same mediocre position, we are clearly regresing under him.

If he didnt have the history he has as a player here no one would even dare to defend him as a coach. Total failure.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Not just Ole. The whole coaching team needs to be sacked. Bring in some people with some ideas and experience in winning football games.

el3mel

He doesn't even seem to have the occasional false dawn result in his locker. There are no peaks, only valleys. His managerial ability outside of buying is looking really really bad
Is there anything exceptional about his buying ? Maguire was a well known defender whom we tried to sign last season. AWB was a hot known talent last season. We paid loads for these 2. Only James was the unexpected signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.