Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
You can’t buy those kind of players when you are this shit though, Sancho and Maddison are not going to join. They’ll stay put until they get better offers, it’s a nice idea waiting for the ‘right signings’ but negated by giving out new contracts to the wrong players and being so bad you can’t recruit players you are waiting for.

This is quite simple now, we made an emotional and convenient decision appointing Ole and it was a big mistake. Time to correct it now and move on, he’s made some decisions that longer term might be good but his lack of ability has been exposed.

No shame in that, I’m sure he never expected to be back managing in Premier League for any club let alone Utd. He’s given it his best shot and the blame has to be directed at Woodward and co.
The blame should be directed to both - the board and Ole. Both are responsible for this mess and the next manager has to fix Ole's mess that he did over the last 9 months.

Raw

ANOTHER QUESTION FOR PEOPLE VOTING "SACK"

If we get Pogba, AWB, Martial & Shaw back and we put in an amazing performance v Liverpool and beat them 3-0...

Would you change your vote to "KEEP"?
No. He'd have to show that level of performance over the next 10 or so games and show that these first 10 games of the season are just a blip.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

If we get Pogba, AWB, Martial & Shaw back and we put in an amazing performance v Liverpool and beat them 3-0...

Sack. Win then and there is the only thing which Ole can do and will do.

Rafaeldagold

Can you add in your opinion to statements like that please.
Because how in any world is Ole good enough to manage our club? We’re going backwards & those supporting him are lowering their standards & the clubs. He’ll drag us into a relegation battle but ‘ oh give him time, he’s a good lad & Fergie was given time blah blah blah’

It’s beyond ridiculous now. If you still support Ole you’re either stupid or want the club to fail

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Standards have fallen so much at United that Maguire, AWB and James have been declared as absolute successes already. They are talents but they are far from proven at United yet.
Exactly right. It’s bizarre. All three could quite easily turn out to be expensive flops yet.

Konimey

Sack Ole and get who? Which manager worth his salt would want to come to this club right now. The whole structure is in a bloody mess. 80 % of the squad are not good enough, Woodward is an incompetent fool when it comes to football and the owners will not back you 100 %. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

hobbers

Let's not get carried away. From where we are right now under Ole, a massive step up would be just being a team that looks capable of having a shot on goal in a game of football.

I don't care about individual results, like anyone with a brain I know that what actually matters is the form we're showing. If we go and play teams off the park in all of the next 10 fixtures I'll consider changing my vote. But that's not going to happen because we've been getting worse and worse in every department for the last 25 matches and it's only going to continue as long as Ole is here.

fergiesarmy1

Because how in any world is Ole good enough to manage our club? We’re going backwards & those supporting him are lowering their standards & the clubs. He’ll drag us into a relegation battle but ‘ oh give him time, he’s a good lad & Fergie was given time blah blah blah’

It’s beyond ridiculous now. If you still support Ole you’re either stupid or want the club to fail
I’m not stupid or want the club to fail but thanks for that.

The problem is bigger than the manager, if you can’t see that your not very clever ;)

padzilla

Hipster
When people say they like the direction Ole is taking the club in, what do they mean? I do not aim to be a contrarian but it looks to me we are playing tumescent football, either losing or drawing most games while plummeting down the table. Am I missing something? Fair enough, he shipped out a lot of deadwood but by not replacing them it looks like he is working on behalf of the bean counters to reduce costs. From a purely football point of view what is good about the direction the club is going in?

JSW Devil

My answer would be no... Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and should have one of the best managers in the world I do not believe we would have started the season with the squad we have or be in this mess with the right manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric7C

No, because the opinion of sacking him is not based on a one-off game. We are in the bottom three considering half a season worth of games. That's a pattern.

Currently the burden of providing evidence of why he should be kept on is with the folks who are voting keep. Keep why? There's plenty of evidence for the opposite position.

ex and

A question for everybody.
Which manager has succeeded to turn around a team, when he has survived a stay of execution (sacking), apart
from Sir Alex.
I’m talking about worldwide, Ive been watching football for over 60 years, I cannot think of anyone.

romufc

From a purely football point of view what is good about the direction the club is going in?
Nothing. He has been in the job for 9 months, in that time if you cannot stamp a style / authority lets be fair you will never.

Rafaeldagold

I’m not stupid or want the club to fail but thanks for that.

The problem is bigger than the manager, if you can’t see that your not very clever ;)
Just because we have other issues doesn’t mean you keep a poor manager.

Where’s the logic in that?

hobbers

When people say they like the direction Ole is taking the club in, what do they mean?
People are just parroting the same old drivel the likes of Neville have been churning out.

Souness and Redknapp were both sat looking totally nonplussed with it last night, until Neville conceded he just meant the direction of our transfer strategy, not the style of play.

There is nothing at all good about the directions that our style of play, philosophy, and attacking intent are heading in. Nothing at all. We're playing more tumescent useless football than even Moyes could mastermind.

WelshManc

I don't want him to the sacked but how much further down the table are we going to fall before he does get the sack? Because it won't be any member of the board that gets the sack *cough* Ed Woodward *cough*. The fact we haven't got a goalscorer is depressing for a club the size of United.

Karl Heinz Ruminigge

Simple enough thread and in my opinion the topic deserves a poll following performances and results over the past 20 or so matches.

Performances aren't as good as we had under previous managers and neither is the win %.

Mods please can you add a poll to the thread?
IMHO: I think he should be backed in Jan & summer windows. From his signings, the defence is now pretty damn good, and he is developing Tuan in the bargain.
Next up is CM & a striker - give him time to find the right players for the job. Ok it was a mistake to let both Sanchez and Lukaku go, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smores

Honestly if we can't a proper manager then appoint McKenna or Giggs. We can't just let the decline and bad mood carry on. He's not up to the job so roll the dice and ffs get a director of football so we can make the manager a coach.

If we had a DOF right now I'd say many more would want Ole sacked as they couldn't fall back on this supposed plan.

b82REZ

No, because it would be the definition of a false dawn.

You seem to be hanging all your hopes of a revival on the three aforementioned players. They've shown nothing to deserve that kind of faith. Pogba, for the most part, has been a mainstay in the team and has been generally very poor (putting it politely). Our best result (PSG) was without him even.

The level we have been playing at since the night in Paris is our true level, not the anomaly of the 10 matches prior.

I just can't see what is causing you, and other Ole sympathisers to defend him so fervently. You can't keep using his first 10 games as a defence when it's clear that was always the new manager effect rather than some tactical masterclass.

The Firestarter

What - the challenge of actually winning something? No thanks, I don't want our club to be the experiment to see if Pochettino can actually have real success with a club as in titles and trophies.
So you are fine with the club being the same experiment with somebody vastly inferior to Pochetino?

PaulRich

I've called the 15 game marker as his hill to die on elsewhere and since the start of the season. 7 games - he needs at least 15 out of 21 points out of them considering our opposition and who we supposedly are. Liverpool next up is as hard as it gets in those 7.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

No. Just as I'm not making my decision to sack him based on one game, I'm not going to change based on one game too. Hopefully he won't make it to Liverpool anyway.

yamo123x

Ole was set up to fail, the squad is abysmal, the seasoned pros are not good enough to plunder youth players amongst, and the club is in disarray. Mourinho created a horrible environment and Ole has been set up to fix the many problems caused by Ed, and our previous 3 managers. That said, as astaunch Ole supporter i think it has come to crisis point now, the playing staff is so poor and dont see to be motivated.

I now think Ole should do the honourable thing and step aside at xmas if things dont improve.

We need serious investment in playing staff, we need to bring in mixture of experience and proven quality.

Hawks2008

Standards have fallen so much at United that Maguire, AWB and James have been declared as absolute successes already. They are talents but they are far from proven at United yet.
Its the only straw that the Ole defenders have to clutch, they harp on about his transfer business and these 3 being decent as if it means he is deserving of more time but the other side of that is that he gutted the squad and made the decision not to replace outgoing players, or pursue a winger not named Sancho, or decide our clearly world class midfield only needed Longstaff to be complete.

So yeah, the 'good transfer window' thing is a myth.

Last edited:

soralapio

I think where it gets REALLY interesting is if Poch gets sacked by Spurs. It was obvious he was the guy United really wanted as the long term manager, but the thought of negotiating with Levy makes Woodward wet his bed, so that was a no go. But if he was available for free...?

TBH I don't know what I'd prefer in that situation. I love Ole to bits, and do 100% believe that United need long term stability and patience, but I am not 100% sure he is the right man for that job. He might be! Right now it doesn't look like he is, but the external factors weigh so heavily that it's hard to tell. Would Poch be able to do any better a job? Or would his head be on the chopping block for Allegri or some other FOTM guy a year later?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Lampard and Rodgers were both appointed well after Ole and you can see a direction in the way they want their teams to play. Let's face it, Ole was a punt that hasn't paid off.
And in both cases they've also had far less than Ole invested in the squad...

FFS in Lampard's case he hasn't had a penny invested and lost their best player!

Thisistheone

And in both cases they've also had far less than Ole invested in the squad...

FFS in Lampard's case he hasn't had a penny invested and lost their best player!
Yep. I'm actually impressed with Lampard, so far. Early days but you could see straight away the good work him & his team had done in pre-season. The 4-0 at OT was a bit lucky for us, then they out played Liverpool in the super cup.

The improvement he's made in Abraham is mad as well. This is one of the big things we want from a manager. Player improvement. We could tolerate bad results more if there was. But under Ole everyone seems to be regressing.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yep. I'm actually impressed with Lampard, so far. Early days but you could see straight away the good work him & his team had done in pre-season. The 4-0 at OT was a bit lucky for us, then they out played Liverpool in the super cup.

The improvement he's made in Abraham is mad as well. This is one of the big things we want from a manager. Player improvement. We could tolerate bad results more if there was. But under Ole everyone seems to be regressing.
Yes at the start of the year I was well prepared to accept not winning anything and even missing out on top 4 as long as there were clear signs of improvement and the youth putting a smile on the face. It's not happening so far.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

No one performance doesn't change a thing. Losing games isn't even the major issue, we don't know how we want to play.
His initial tactics of high pressing and aggressive play are no where to be seen

cyril C

A question for everybody.
Which manager has succeeded to turn around a team, when he has survived a stay of execution (sacking), apart
from Sir Alex.
I’m talking about worldwide, Ive been watching football for over 60 years, I cannot think of anyone.
Zidane, although he might not survive the 2nd season. Advantage of getting the new manager onboard early, if available and possible, is for him to familiar with the squad and situation and make better decision in summer. Last thing we want is to repeat under Moyes scenario when new manager needs to wait until summer tour...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think where it gets REALLY interesting is if Poch gets sacked by Spurs. It was obvious he was the guy United really wanted as the long term manager, but the thought of negotiating with Levy makes Woodward wet his bed, so that was a no go. But if he was available for free...?

TBH I don't know what I'd prefer in that situation. I love Ole to bits, and do 100% believe that United need long term stability and patience, but I am not 100% sure he is the right man for that job. He might be! Right now it doesn't look like he is, but the external factors weigh so heavily that it's hard to tell. Would Poch be able to do any better a job? Or would his head be on the chopping block for Allegri or some other FOTM guy a year later?
If Poch gets fired, Ole will be fired next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.