Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
‘Anyone who disagrees with me is toxic’ is possibly the most pathetic argument it’s possible to make.

For what it’s worth I actually think there are some promising signs of improvement at the moment.

Do yourself a favour though and stop using arguments like the above as it’s just pure cringe. This thread has literally pages of posts comparing Ole to Klopp. It’s right that that is debunked as the tumescent steaming pile of bs that it is. Ole might create his own legacy one day but let’s not pretend he has already and before you start with your triggered ‘toxic’ spiel, yes, lots of posters have done this.
Thank f.. we got heros like you in here letting us all know where the line not to cross is

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Good grief with sarcastic laugh is probably the most pathetic response that is possible to make in argument. What a quality content of post.
Nothing sarcastic about the laugh. Was genuinely laughing at your post.
Thank f.. we got heros like you in here letting us all know where the line not to cross is
Hey you’re welcome, I’m glad I could help you realise that you can attack an argument without having to call the poster espousing that argument a hater or a liar or toxic.

this thread has ballooned precisely because we’ve had Ole compared to Klopp and SAF repeatedly, which many posters have spent time and effort pointing out, in detail, is an absolute load of bollocks. Can’t just start calling people toxic because they disagree. That’s sjw territory.

Uniteddy

I have a serious medical issue.

I've been to two doctors, both recognized as experienced experts in their field, educated in top universities and world class hospitals.
Previously they have fixed issues like mine and are world renowned.
They have not helped me and I need this sorted.

There is another guy, he went to a smaller dodgy college, he has no experience with issues like mine but he is very nice and has family connections.

Do I try another elite doctor or say "feck it, top doctors don't work for me, I need a doctor with no experience."
Money is not a problem, I can access some of the best doctors in the world.

Please help, this is such a tough decision:rolleyes:

Foxbatt

I've been to two doctors, both recognized as experienced experts in their field, educated in top universities and world class hospitals.

There is another guy, he went to a smaller dodgy college, he has no experience with issues like mine but he is very nice and has family connections.

Do I try another elite doctor or say "feck it, top doctors don't work for me, I need a doctor with no experience."

You go to a witch doctor who has had some medical knowledge and can pull the wool over the eyes of some people. Pay him a lot of money and he will tell you that you are on the road to recovery. This will go on and after a couple of years you will realise that he is a charlatan and has been pulling this stunt for a couple of years. You say feck it and then go to a real successful doctor. But by the time, it may be too late for you.

theklr

Yeah, problem is that your last 2 elite doctors didnt fix your problem either.
If money aint a problem why you do need to not try the dodgy docter first?

Foxbatt

A good coach or decent coach or a manager that deserves some credit doesn’t always need to be as good as Klopp. Your mind is so twisting and that you haters always try to find a way to hate by making things up. No one said or thinks he’s at the moment as good as Klop. Toxic!

Ole was our attacking coach in 2007/2008 season when we won the double. Ever since Ole took in charge, some of our players are showing improvement. And not to mention, his record with top 6 teams are pretty good this season. Credit is given where it’s due but doesn’t mean you can twist it by making things up to be the toxic of the thread/forum.
Don't be silly. Ole is not the one who gets the credit for that. We had attacking players who are much better and have been much better than Ole Gunnar as players. You don't need Ole to teach Wayne Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez and the top of their game to score goals. We had Carlos Quiroz as the main behind SAF for that success.
As for Klopp, there are others as good as him too. Pep is as good as him though he has not won the CL with City. Give Nagelsmann a big club and he will win too. Ole is just a mediocre manager at the helm of the biggest club in the world. For this we should get a much better manager than him. Just because Jose and LVG were not that successful does not mean we should be happy with someone who has no experience or track record of winning anything of importance or have a track record of managing a club at the highest level.

tonnas

A good coach or decent coach or a manager that deserves some credit doesn’t always need to be as good as Klopp. Your mind is so twisting and that you haters always try to find a way to hate by making things up. No one said or thinks he’s at the moment as good as Klop. Toxic!

Ole was our attacking coach in 2007/2008 season when we won the double. Ever since Ole took in charge, some of our players are showing improvement. And not to mention, his record with top 6 teams are pretty good this season. Credit is given where it’s due but doesn’t mean you can twist it by making things up to be the toxic of the thread/forum.
You are deluded. He will never be a top manager let alone mention him with the same sentence as Klopp

hobbers

Ole was our attacking coach in 2007/2008 season when we won the double.
In a thread full of pro-Ole nonsense this really stands out.

I love Ole the player but ability-wise he isn't fit to even be the kitman to Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. You think it was his coaching (bearing in mind he was basically a coaching apprentice at the time) that made them the most lethal front 3 the world has ever seen (only ever eclipsed by Neymar/Suarez/Messi), and not their innate talent? And if his coaching did have an impact, why is he not repeating the trick as manager now? :lol:

RollieOle

I have a better anology for you.

You have a serious medical condition, you visit two top quality doctors who give you medicine. They tell you that it will take time for the medicine to work and that you have to be patient. Unfortunately you dont listen to the doctor, you get frustrated and you fire the doctor and stop taking the medicine. Now you have a junior doctor that is telling you the same thing, that you need to be patient, it wont be fixed over night. But you are impatient and you want to repeat the same mistakes all over again.

There is your help.

ReddBalls

I love Ole the player but ability-wise he isn't fit to even be the kitman to Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. You think it was his coaching (bearing in mind he was basically a coaching apprentice at the time) that made them the most lethal front 3 the world has ever seen (only ever eclipsed by Neymar/Suarez/Messi), and not their innate talent? And if his coaching did have an impact, why is he not repeating the trick as manager now? :lol:
If coaching was not necessary for Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez, why is coaching abilities given so much weight on here? Is the progression of Rashford just natural progression? Or the other players? Your post makes no sense.

hobbers

If coaching was not necessary for Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez, why is coaching abilities given so much weight on here? Is the progression of Rashford just natural progression? Or the other players? Your post makes no sense.
No, it makes perfect sense. The amount of tactical attacking coaching that front 3 required was minimal because of how indomitable their individual talents were, and obviously these individual talents were innate and not coached into them. No one taught Ronaldo that free kick technique, for instance. Or coached Rooney to cover every blade of grass to win the ball back high up the pitch. That was just natural to them. Now that we don't have players with their talents, coaching at both individual and team level becomes all the more important.

And on that note it's quite obvious that Rashford's improvement as the season has gone on is more down to his own personal growth and getting to play inside left after Martial came back from injury, than from any attacking coaching he's been getting.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
No, it makes perfect sense. The amount of tactical attacking coaching that front 3 required was minimal because of how indomitable their individual talents were, and obviously these individual talents were innate and not coached into them. No one taught Ronaldo that free kick technique, for instance. Or coached Rooney to cover every blade of grass to win the ball back high up the pitch. That was just natural to them. Now that we don't have players with their talents, coaching at both individual and team level becomes all the more important.

And on that note it's quite obvious that Rashford's improvement as the season has gone on is more down to his own personal growth and getting to play inside left after Martial came back from injury, than from any attacking coaching he's been getting.
How is that so obvious? And didn't Rashford himself give Ole credit for his good form at one point during the season?

ZenMaster Coltrane

OGS acolytes are as rational as Bernie Sanders supporters who think his agenda would ever get through the House and Senate. The difference is one guy's an effective political brand while the other guy is a quote machine referring everything current to the golden epoch of Manchester United. The guy is literally welded in the past every press conference.

ReddBalls

What does a "tactical attacking coach" do? Do you really believe people with talent does not need coaching at all?

Ander herrera the warrior

What if your serious issue was something to do with your personal lifestyle, and the cure had something to do beyond medications, which had some personal touch in it, which your fren family doctor has more knowledge rather than the elite doctors who don't go beyond their text book?

tomaldinho1

We need to keep the balance here between people slating Ole for everything and also the tenuous arguments some come up with in favour of him as our manager. Ole was probably a very good striking coach in that he was a striker, he didn't start loads of games and so probably knew how to make training engaging, not repetitive and also impart some ideas on some already world class players. I think we should give him credit here but how much did that actually factor into the 08 team's triumphs? If there are some stats that show our finishing ability improved sharply with him or something then that's great but the real drive and reason we did so well aside from SAF was Quieroz. Since he left we've had a real gulf of knowledge in terms of the positional side of the game, barring LVG's stint here, and it does show in games against better opposition.

My concern with the idea of our attack improving is that I personally don't think it has - this season in the PL compared to the same time in other seasons we have scored 13 goals less than 18/19, 11 less than 17/18 and only three more than our horrendous 16/17 season. If we score first, we're usually fine because we are a very good defensive counter attacking team but when we don't, we struggle and so far that's why I don't believe in Ole as a manager because I think any manager with some experience could come here and do that with this squad and the signings he has made.

hobbers

What does a "tactical attacking coach" do? Do you really believe people with talent does not need coaching at all?
I'm not talking about it like it's a defined coaching job. It all falls under the remit of the manager and his coaching staff. Movement patterns. Pressing. Not pressing. Who should make runs. When to make runs. Where should you aim to be when a ball is played in. Do you play with your back to goal or not. Who makes the space. How do we exploit the space. etc etc etc

That stuff is all vital when your attacking players are Rashford, who has about as much positional sense as a sack of potatoes. And Martial, who only actually bothers turning up for about 20 minutes of your typical football match. Less vital when you have Rooney and Ronaldo who could go past players at will, had more gas in the tank than anyone else in the league, and had an almost telepathic sense of where the other was.

Last edited:

hobbers

How is that so obvious? And didn't Rashford himself give Ole credit for his good form at one point during the season?
All of Rashford's best moments this season have come when he's been playing inside left, usually on the counter, making explosive runs into the box and scoring/winning penalties.

When played as a 9 in the early part of the season, with Martial injured, he was pretty useless in most matches. To this day he is absolutely clueless about how to play that role. Ole has failed to improve that aspect of his game. And it's not like Ole's unaware of that either, the amount he's gone on about Martial and Rashford not scoring striker's goals all season. He knows it but he hasn't been able to change it at all.

lysglimt

Scout
I just feel its about time that this thread gets closed - amusing as it is in all its stupidity!

Foxbatt

Yes it is getting highly ridiculous now with the credit to him getting out of hand. Yes I give him credit for Molde winning the league in Norway. Now people are saying that we won the league and CL in 2008 because he was the attacking coach. This is absolute nonsense. This thread should be closed now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nothing sarcastic about the laugh. Was genuinely laughing at your post.

Hey you’re welcome, I’m glad I could help you realise that you can attack an argument without having to call the poster espousing that argument a hater or a liar or toxic.

this thread has ballooned precisely because we’ve had Ole compared to Klopp and SAF repeatedly, which many posters have spent time and effort pointing out, in detail, is an absolute load of bollocks. Can’t just start calling people toxic because they disagree. That’s sjw territory.
Can't just laugh at someone else post when there is nothing funny about it. I called a poster being a toxic not because I disagree with his opinion but because he talked a lie in an argument. Do you not read what he posted?

Unless if you don't think it's a lie, then why don't you help him to name the person who called Ole is as good as Klopp. I'll take my word back of calling his post as a toxic if you can do it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I love Ole the player but ability-wise he isn't fit to even be the kitman to Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. You think it was his coaching (bearing in mind he was basically a coaching apprentice at the time) that made them the most lethal front 3 the world has ever seen (only ever eclipsed by Neymar/Suarez/Messi), and not their innate talent?
This is where all you Ole out are being so personal. I literally just mentioned that he was part of the attacking coach in 2007/2008 when we won the double. And you are being so defensive trying to say that he wasn't the big part of it that made our trio lethal. I never said he was the main reason that made the trio lethal.

And if his coaching did have an impact, why is he not repeating the trick as manager now? :lol:
I literally said the next following sentence which clearly you removed it from the quote and probably didn't read it as well of how much he has improved our players. That includes our attackers such as Rashford & Martial. If that's not down from his coaching and man management, what do you wanna call it?

ReddBalls

I'm not talking about it like it's a defined coaching job. It all falls under the remit of the manager and his coaching staff. Movement patterns. Pressing. Not pressing. Who should make runs. When to make runs. Where should you aim to be when a ball is played in. Do you play with your back to goal or not. Who makes the space. How do we exploit the space. etc etc etc

That stuff is all vital when your attacking players are Rashford, who has about as much positional sense as a sack of potatoes. And Martial, who only actually bothers turning up for about 20 minutes of your typical football match. Less vital when you have Rooney and Ronaldo who could go past players at will, had more gas in the tank than anyone else in the league, and had an almost telepathic sense of where the other was.
Weird how both Ronaldo, Rooney, and even Rio, thinks he was a great coach, then. And even thought he would go on to be a good manager.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...t-solskjaer-when-he-was-united-coach-20181219

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Don't be silly. Ole is not the one who gets the credit for that. We had attacking players who are much better and have been much better than Ole Gunnar as players. You don't need Ole to teach Wayne Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez and the top of their game to score goals. We had Carlos Quiroz as the main behind SAF for that success.
As for Klopp, there are others as good as him too. Pep is as good as him though he has not won the CL with City. Give Nagelsmann a big club and he will win too. Ole is just a mediocre manager at the helm of the biggest club in the world. For this we should get a much better manager than him. Just because Jose and LVG were not that successful does not mean we should be happy with someone who has no experience or track record of winning anything of importance or have a track record of managing a club at the highest level.
Giving a credit to a manager doesn't mean calling him as good as Klopp. Calling him being a part of 2007/2008 attacking coach doesn't mean he's the big part of the success. By mentioning him being an attacking coach in 07/08 season is just showing that he can actually coach not just sitting down clueless, we saw the impact he made on both Rashford & Martial.

You are spouting non-sense about someone calling Ole to be as good as Klopp. Where? Where are these people? Name it.

ReddBalls

Well they was all wrong. Flat track failed at Cardiff and here.
They were wrong about him being a good coach for them? How can they be? As far as I know he hasn't failed at United. He still has the job, are very much in contention for the Europa League and FA cup while still running for a top 4 spot.

Chairman Steve

Of course people will compliment their mates though. Those statements from Ronaldo, Rooney and Rio are pretty standardised and they were taken when he had just retired so of course they'll be super complimentary.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We need to keep the balance here between people slating Ole for everything and also the tenuous arguments some come up with in favour of him as our manager. Ole was probably a very good striking coach in that he was a striker, he didn't start loads of games and so probably knew how to make training engaging, not repetitive and also impart some ideas on some already world class players. I think we should give him credit here but how much did that actually factor into the 08 team's triumphs? If there are some stats that show our finishing ability improved sharply with him or something then that's great but the real drive and reason we did so well aside from SAF was Quieroz. Since he left we've had a real gulf of knowledge in terms of the positional side of the game, barring LVG's stint here, and it does show in games against better opposition.

My concern with the idea of our attack improving is that I personally don't think it has - this season in the PL compared to the same time in other seasons we have scored 13 goals less than 18/19, 11 less than 17/18 and only three more than our horrendous 16/17 season. If we score first, we're usually fine because we are a very good defensive counter attacking team but when we don't, we struggle and so far that's why I don't believe in Ole as a manager because I think any manager with some experience could come here and do that with this squad and the signings he has made.
I gave him a credit for being part of an attacking coach in 07/08 season but doesn't mean I gave him a credit for the main factor of the success.

This season our players show improvement, Ole also deserves credit of the improvement that he made on our players especially our attackers like Rashford & Martial.

The parallel are there, him being part of the attacking coach in 07/08 season with our players show lot of improvement this season and with the fact he has good record against the top 6 show that he has some coaching skill. He's not just a manager who doesn't know how to coach like what people are mentioning.

hobbers

I literally said the next following sentence which clearly you removed it from the quote and probably didn't read it as well of how much he has improved our players. That includes our attackers such as Rashford & Martial. If that's not down from his coaching and man management, what do you wanna call it?
Except he hasn't improved them.

Unless you think the 3 recent goals from Martial, in games he was almost entirely absent in otherwise, makes up for a season where he's been way, way worse than he was in his first season here. Even if not quite as bad as under Mourinho. Rashford has improved as the season's gone on, but that has little to do with Ole, as I already said.

Weird how both Ronaldo, Rooney, and even Rio, thinks he was a great coach, then. And even thought he would go on to be a good manager.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...t-solskjaer-when-he-was-united-coach-20181219
:lol: You must be taking the piss. Firstly they're his mates. And secondly none of them even said that he was a good coach at the time. Just that he was a nice guy and the usual "will go on to be a good coach" vacuous spiel.

Ask Rio if he still thinks we should have jumped the gun and given Ole that early contract. Well, we already know the answer to that one don't we.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Except he hasn't improved them.

Unless you think the 3 recent goals from Martial, in games he was almost entirely absent in otherwise, makes up for a season where he's been way, way worse than he was in his first season here. Even if not quite as bad as under Mourinho. Rashford has improved as the season's gone on, but that has little to do with Ole, as I already said.
I don't know about that mate. You don't think our players have improved this season?

I see massive improvement this season.

Fred is being a player contrast to his first season here. Ole & his coaching staff did very well to help him to adapt into new league and improve his style to suit EPL. Rashford only played until half season so far and already show a massive improvement by producing number of goals that he never produced in the past. Martial so far scored 10 league goals & 15 in all comp. That alone already exceed what he produced under Mourinho full season. Not to mention the likes McTominay, Greenwood & Williams. Bissaka is also slowly improving his attacking threat which shows there is some working progress in it.

I'm struggling how you can not see the improvement.

ReddBalls

:lol: You must be taking the piss. Firstly they're his mates. And secondly none of them even said that he was a good coach at the time. Just that he was a nice guy and the usual "will go on to be a good coach" vacuous spiel.
Do you have any evidence on the contrary? All i have heard from players under Ole at United and Molde is that they think he is good.

Ask Rio if he still thinks we should have jumped the gun and given Ole that early contract. Well, we already know the answer to that one don't we.
I haven't heard anything from Rio regarding jumping the gun. Might have missed that. Could you point me to where I can find quotes from him?

ReddBalls

I don't know about that mate. You don't think our players have improved this season?

I see massive improvement this season.

Fred is being a player contrast to his first season here. Ole & his coaching staff did very well to help him to adapt into new league and improve his style to suit EPL. Rashford only played until half season so far and already show a massive improvement by producing number of goals that he never produced in the past. Martial so far scored 10 league goals & 15 in all comp. That alone already exceed what he produced under Mourinho full season. Not to mention the likes McTominay, Greenwood & Williams. Bissaka is also slowly improving his attacking threat which shows there is some working progress in it.

I'm struggling how you can not see the improvement.
...and Matic is starting to look like his old Chelsea self again.

hobbers

Do you have any evidence on the contrary? All i have heard from players under Ole at United and Molde is that they think he is good.

I haven't heard anything from Rio regarding jumping the gun. Might have missed that. Could you point me to where I can find quotes from him?
What do you mean? The evidence is in their own quotes. Ronaldo said he's a nice guy, absolutely nothing about his coaching ability. The other two just said he'd 'go on to be' a good coach. But it's all irrelevant anyway as he'd literally just retired and none of them had been coached by him at all, not properly anyway. Just friends saying nice things in the media about each other.

As for Rio now...

That is what you call a look of regret.

ReddBalls

What do you mean? The evidence is in their own quotes. Ronaldo said he's a nice guy, absolutely nothing about his coaching ability. The other two just said he'd 'go on to be' a good coach. But it's all irrelevant anyway as he'd literally just retired and none of them had been coached by him at all, not properly anyway. Just friends saying nice things in the media about each other.
A "no" then?
Even Lukaku has stated that OGS "is taking United in the right direction". Is he also a mate?

https://www.goal.com/en-ph/news/luk...oing-in-the-right-/1rihoywhga6mc10jm0z8i4xmoi

As for Rio now...

That is what you call a look of regret.
His literally just talking about how recruitment and bad choices for the past 7 years have left the squad in a bad state, and that it explains the rocky season and inconcistency. He is defending Ole. Try to keep the sound on when you watch :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.