Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

I just find it funny when Pep gets blamed for his team losing, but Ole should be absolved of all culpability. It’s been made abundantly clear he’s not cut out for the job on the tactical side of the game.
Did we lose because of tactics tonight? No, no we didn’t.

Tony247

Phek off with "he's got garbage on the bench" excuse. Rashford was absolutely dreadful, he could have moved Martial to the left and brought in Ighalo at 60th minute, but he didn't.
Absolutely. His loyalty towards rashford is baffling. Even when Rashford took a knock, he was out of form and yet here we go.

pablo__p

We seem to have only one game plan and if it fails to work then well, too bad.

As much as I was impressed by our response early into the second half, the lack of plan B and no proactivness or even reactivness to what's going on during the games is unacceptable.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
You don’t think there’s anything to question when the manager makes no changes until the 87th minute in a semi final after going a goal behind?
If he doesn't have any faith in the players on the bench (with good reason), what do you want him to do?

Orange Tree

Solskjaer isn't showing any confidence in his bench players, they probably feel the same way about him too.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You don’t think there’s anything to question when the manager makes no changes until the 87th minute in a semi final after going a goal behind?
It's madness indeed. All the former players failed to learn the key thing from Fergie, taking risks.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So after we got top 4, there was almost universal agreement that no one cared about wining Europa.

Now we didn’t win, OleOut suddenly claim it’s the pinnacle.

RashyForPM

His lack of proactiveness was a joke, but at least we created chances. This defeat is as much on Lindelof, AWB and Williams as it is Ole.

DarkXaero

There's never anything wrong with our tactical gameplan and in-game management, it's always the players. :wenger:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
You can hardly blame Ole for missing the chances. The eleven out on the pitch should have won the game without needing any subs. Three one on ones'. United had better of Seville all game. The only player he could have brought on to make a change was Ighalo. There's absolutely no quality on the subs bench who can change the game.

BiggusCrickus

Wont ever win anything under Ole. He is like what Breden Rogers was for Liverpool got them out of a mess and started the rebuild but is a bottler. We need a proper manager to take us to the next level

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I mean, he’s done as good as he’s ever going to and well for a manager of his standard, and er yeah, I don’t think the club’s ambitions are any higher than this for next season (3rd place and three semis), so we do it all again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If he doesn't have any faith in the players on the bench (with good reason), what do you want him to do?
A sub in the quarter final won us the game. Mata.

It doesn't wash. Ole messed up here.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he genuinely doesn’t think that bringing in fresh players to replace the garbage being offered up by the ones on the pitch and mixing things up, then he shouldn’t be in management at all.

Tony247

Yeah... because that's what cost us the game... definitely. :rolleyes:
Yes, that cost us the game. Problem is manager didn't even try to change the tactic and left it too late and too little time for any sub to come and influence the game when there were full 20 mins.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Except it was 90 minutes and we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, so clearly that's not true is it?
That makes no sense whatsoever. Just because the lads on the pitch couldn't get it done doesn't mean by default Ighalo would have. Weird logic.

SirScholes

What's the fecking point of loaning Ighalo when we desperately needed a goal for last 20 mins? And then he subs mata, james and TFM on what 88th min?? FFS. And then Ighalo in extra time!! What the heck he was thinking...or not thinking. I am lost at words here.
There is simply no answer for it other than he isn’t strong enough to make a call

I like this rebuild and have voted to keep him, I don’t mind picking the same 11 when the stakes were so high
But this constant delaying of substitutes is really concerning, Williams was dying absolutely knackered TFM wouldn’t of been worse and could run.
Lingard (can’t stand him) for rashford because rashford was playing THAT bad
Or ighalo and move martial left

any sub because that team had ran out of ideas and needed something new

Nick7

Poor game management in my opinion. We should have brought fresh legs on after the good run we had at the start of the second half. We didn’t and ended up looking tired from the 70th minute.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So after we got top 4, there was almost universal agreement that no one cared about wining Europa.

Now we didn’t win, OleOut suddenly claim it’s the pinnacle.
I stated from the get-go I wanted to win. Just like I wanted to win the league and fa cups.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
There is simply no answer for it other than he isn’t strong enough to make a call

I like this rebuild and have voted to keep him, I don’t mind picking the same 11 when the stakes were so high
But this constant delaying of substitutes is really concerning, Williams was dying absolutely knackered TFM wouldn’t of been worse and could run.
Lingard (can’t stand him) for rashford because rashford was playing THAT bad
Or ighalo and move martial left

any sub because that team had ran out of ideas and needed something new
Strong enough to sell Lukaku without spending on anyone else.

Strong enough to loan a player from China when he knew everyone would be roasting him for it.

Not strong enough to bring him on earlier in one particular game.

Right. Riiiight.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's not a question of whether we lost because of tactics.

The question is: was our first 11 better or worse than Sevilla's?

Your answer to that should be your answer to the thread.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes, that cost us the game. Problem is manager didn't even try to change the tactic and left it too late and too little time for any sub to come and influence the game when there were full 20 mins.
Shocking defending and piss poor finishing cost us the game. You think those things would have improved if we'd have brought Ighalo, Dan James and Mata on earlier? Don't kid yourself.

GorgeousGeorge

He's not good enough and never will be good enough. FA Cup and Europa League were there for the taking. Allegri and Pochetino are free agents. Both substantially better managers.
What did Poch ever win exactly with a FAR superior team at their peak, in an arguably weaker league? I think you need to sit down and research what the meaning of rebuild means. Then look up how Klopp did in his first few seasons with a more stable club.

Mainoldo

Should've won. Blame Martial not Ole.
Blame arguable our best player with Bruno? Please explain. Like I get it I moan about Ole a lot. But what I get is a lot of people telling what he’s done well. So let’s keep the same energy with our players please.

Gomes

Searching combinations of "We are going to win two trophies this year" in this thread should be fun.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I still can't believe that while Pochettino is available we will stick with Ole. Mind blowing. We upgraded no10 position, we upgraded cd position, we want to upgrade rw position. Why not upgrade the most important position in football club?
In december we will regret that.

Status
Not open for further replies.