Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely intrigued, aside from Martial improving and Greenwood's breakthrough where is the 'good progress' you are referring to?
Covering old ground.

Getting rid of parasites like Lukaku, Sanchez. Moving on players that’s were not good enough like Fellaini, and Darmian. Moving others out on Loan.

Bringing in the right caliber and profile of players. Getting the best out of Martial, Rashford & Greenwood - all who will get better. He even managed to get good performances from Fred.

The mood around the club is infinitely better. We have a better foundation. The scale of the rebuild needed should not be underestimated, and we are clearly only partially through.

Too many people being reactionary and dramatic after two games in the most unique start to a season certainty in my lifetime.

This place :lol: ‘earned our patience’. **** Caf.
No you are right. After seeing progress, after getting 3rd. Let’s throw everything out and start again. Another £500m down the drain. Cant move for all these these world class managers lined up who can guarantee success.

Do you honestly expect any manager to have been challenging for the league 18 months after the shit show the Jose left. You are delusional.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's a strange coincidence that strong Ole outers also don't believe that such a thing as match fitness/sharpness exists at Premier League level.

To them I assume there was no reason at all why Brighton started pre season training in mid August when our players were on holiday.
It is unbelievable how much excuses you people can have for this failed Cardiff manager. Overplayed and dominated by Brighton. 15 minuted before final whistle parked the bus. Created zero chances in whole game. Even if i give you that excuse for fitness (which is rificulous excuse) how so that we looked shit from minute one? Same as with Palace. Is it normal for you that our failed Cardiff manager sets team full of talented and expensive players (some of them who he bought) to play on counter attacks against every team?

L1nk

No one is saying Ole has won anything but posters are wanting to sack him and bring in managers who haven’t won anything and they have a right to be asked on what basis.
It's probably because these managers who haven't won anything have still done vastly better and/or more than Ole has done his entire managerial career, some with less time on their CV's as well. The only difference is that Ole used to play for us and these other managers haven't. However I can guarantee they play a better brand of football by miles and have actually done really well with their teams considering the teams size/financial power etc in some of the top leagues in Europe. Ole relegated Cardiff, did awfully in the Championship and did ok in the Norwegian league, that's it, yet apparently this is reason enough to keep him around, that and he used to play for us.

TheGame

It's probably because these managers who haven't won anything have still done vastly better and/or more than Ole has done his entire managerial career, some with less time on their CV's as well. The only difference is that Ole used to play for us and these other managers haven't. However I can guarantee they play a better brand of football by miles and have actually done really well with their teams considering the teams size/financial power etc in some of the top leagues in Europe. Ole relegated Cardiff, did awfully in the Championship and did ok in the Norwegian league, that's it, yet apparently this is reason enough to keep him around, that and he used to play for us.
Not all of them. We’ve had 1 defeat in 18 league games, 3 defeats in all competitions in 28 games. 3rd in the league and 3 semi finals. Yeah I think we should have won a trophy last season but that is Ole proving he is a good manager. Now we have to progress. You cannot sack a manager on those stats.

The Ole haters keep moving the goal posts, first it was finish top 4 which Ole has done, now it’s point totals and styles of play. We’ve had a couple of bad games but we were playing some great football last season.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It is unbelievable how much excuses you people can have for this failed Cardiff manager. Overplayed and dominated by Brighton. 15 minuted before final whistle parked the bus. Created zero chances in whole game. Even if i give you that excuse for fitness (which is rificulous excuse) how so that we looked shit from minute one? Same as with Palace. Is it normal for you that our failed Cardiff manager sets team full of talented and expensive players (some of them who he bought) to play on counter attacks against every team?
Point proven.

Strangely you weren't ranting about Cardiff when you went missing from this thread from February to losing to Chelsea in the cup in July.

Last edited:

georgipep

I think there was a passage of play around the 59th minute where Sheff Utd played triangles and exchanged short passes around Leeds' box. Not seen that from our players for a long time.
Yeah, works wonders for them, not having scored this season yet and being one of the most defensive sides in the league.

The triangles are something I quite like and they defend in packs of three, which helps pass and release the ball quickly but they are really clueless in attack.

TheGame

1 league defeat in 18 games, 3 defeats in all competitions in 28 games. But you keep judging on 2 games.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

No you are right. After seeing progress, after getting 3rd. Let’s throw everything out and start again. Another £500m down the drain. Cant move for all these these world class managers lined up who can guarantee success.

Do you honestly expect any manager to have been challenging for the league 18 months after the shit show the Jose left. You are delusional.
:lol:

So where did I say getting 3rd wasn’t progress? Or claim another manager would have us winning titles 18 months post-Jose?

Tripe like he’s ‘earned our patience’ is nonsense; he’s remunerated sizeably to perform & whilst I think he’s probably the most hamstrung manager in world football in terms of the hierarchy he performs under - we finished 3rd on a modest points total & he spent £150mil last summer terribly [I was one to say so at the time].

Now calm down & learn to accept views that don’t align exactly with yours instead of putting words in peoples mouths; he’s got A LOT to prove & whilst I don’t expect to be prime Barcelona 18 months in I expect a £200mil defence to be able to defend.

AFC NimbleThumb

Getting rid of parasites like Lukaku, Sanchez. Moving on players that’s were not good enough like Fellaini, and Darmian. Moving others out on Loan.
If we’re championing him for the outgoings then surely questioning on why he thought Maguire was an £80mil CB & AWB a £50mil RB are counter arguments.

You’re allowed to criticise as well as praise; if he’s to be held in high regard for ridding us of a 20 goal a season striker [aside the José sh*t show] then why can’t he be critiqued for paying rather sizeable sums for dross.

I would go into the rest of your post but it’s all conjecture.

:lol:

So where did I say getting 3rd wasn’t progress? Or claim another manager would have us winning titles 18 months post-Jose?

Tripe like he’s ‘earned our patience’ is nonsense; he’s remunerated sizeably to perform & whilst I think he’s probably the most hamstrung manager in world football in terms of the hierarchy he performs under - we finished 3rd on a modest points total & he spent £150mil last summer terribly [I was one to say so at the time].

Now calm down & learn to accept views that don’t align exactly with yours instead of putting words in peoples mouths; he’s got A LOT to prove & whilst I don’t expect to be prime Barcelona 18 months in I expect a £200mil defence to be able to defend.
Oh dear.

Being condensing doesn’t work. It means no one take take your argument seriously, even if you have a point.

He has earned our patience. Every manager has something to prove when they go into a job. Unlike a part of our fanbase who have no patience, I’m not knee jerk after 2 games.

James Peril

1 league defeat in 18 games, 2 defeats in all competitions in slightly more games. But you keep judging on 2 games.
Drop the undefeated crap please. One win and two losses is the same as three draws so to speak, we really need to win more games and score more goals. Watching great players struggle to play coherent football is a big travesty. Not that I expect Guardiola-football from any other manager, but I got depressed after nine minutes seeing how players act as a team compared to our stuff. We are a formation and players who are 11 for 11 better than the other team, but we have absolutely nothing in place to make our team even better than their parts. We could have been so incredibly good with this team, but we’re all over the place.

And this isn’t about two games, here is where the eye test comes in and we judge based on that. I wonder if the players see a plan and are motivated for the future with this manager, because now it really doesn’t look like it. I don’t see happiness and a lot of positivity.

red4ever 79

Just watched his interview after the game on bt where the board falls down. He is just smiling and laughing away. He's chuffed to bits he is in the job. Bet he can't believe his luck

crossy1686

career ending
This is an odd argument. I'm not anti-Ole but what has Ole won?
I've stated many times that I don't believe what a manager has won always indicates a good manager. I do however find it amusing that managers that have even less experience at a top club than Solskjaer get banded around as the answer to all our issues because they currently have a team that was built for them playing well within a system they were hired to play.

crossy1686

career ending
Just watched his interview after the game on bt where the board falls down. He is just smiling and laughing away. He's chuffed to bits he is in the job. Bet he can't believe his luck
Where on Earth did you get that from? He's chuffed we've played like shit and still managed to get three points, which is how we all feel.

He'sRaldo

The Ole haters keep moving the goal posts, first it was finish top 4 which Ole has done, now it’s point totals and styles of play. We’ve had a couple of bad games but we were playing some great football last season.
Of course expectations will change over time.

Usually for us it should be title challenge 2nd season, so even the points tally thing is being kind to Ole because we think he can't challenge the current crop of managers.

TheGame

Drop the undefeated crap please. One win and two losses is the same as three draws so to speak, we really need to win more games and score more goals. Watching great players struggle to play coherent football is a big travesty. Not that I expect Guardiola-football from any other manager, but I got depressed after nine minutes seeing how players act as a team compared to our stuff. We are a formation and players who are 11 for 11 better than the other team, but we have absolutely nothing in place to make our team even better than their parts. We could have been so incredibly good with this team, but we’re all over the place.

And this isn’t about two games, here is where the eye test comes in and we judge based on that. I wonder if the players see a plan and are motivated for the future with this manager, because now it really doesn’t look like it. I don’t see happiness and a lot of positivity.
You mean stop quoting facts because it doesn’t suit your narrative. I’ve edited my post as checked and it’s 3 defeats in 28 games in all competitions. We’ve won 19 of them. Of course it’s about 2 games because I’ve just quoted the stats from our run last season. Players seem motivated to me. I’ll judge our league position after 10 games to see where we are. Not have knee jerk reactions.

TheGame

Usually for us it should be title challenge 2nd season, so even the points tally thing is being kind to Ole because we think he can't challenge the current crop of managers.
Yes they will over time but that was only last season and we are only 2 games into this one. There hasn’t been any time yet.

He'sRaldo

Yes they will over time but that was only last season and we are only 2 games into this one. There hasn’t been any time yet.
Recently, the league has become so competitive that one game lost is a huge deal.

And when you add in the poor performances of the last few games it makes it seem like we will be in a fight for top 4 again, while playing poor football and thus not achieving any of our goals.

dev1l

We cannot challenge for the title with this squad.

You cannot make up for years and years of mismanagement in one or two seasons especially when you are competing with teams like City who are ahead of you and are investing same amounts as you are.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The question is not whether he's been backed or not. Week in, week out, teams with much worse rosters are outplaying us in the field. If we need to spend a billion pounds on superstars so that Brighton don't overrun us, then Ole is not the man for the job.
I agree with this so much.And all this talk about not expecting him to get top 4 If he doesn't get any more transfers is infuriating.

crossy1686

career ending

Everyone agreed at the end of last season he deserved another season at least if we got top 4. We did that and now people are saying he should be sacked after 2 league games because "insert bullshit reason here".

This season is looking like a write off if we don't recruit as we should. He hasn't really been supported this summer so far and the team is only looking better due to his coaching. We've got players that have failed under multiple managers let's not forget.

Let's compare with Klopp's progress at Liverpool, spot the difference:

United
Summer 2019

Maguire
Wan-Bissaka
James

January 2020

Fernandes
Ighalo (loan)

Summer 2020

Van Der Beek

Liverpool

Marko GrujicRed Star Belgrade£5,100,0006 January 2016
Steven CaulkerQueens Park RangersOn Loan12 January 2016
Kamil GrabaraRuch Chorzow£250,00015 January 2016
Sadio ManéSouthampton£30,000,00028 June 2016
Loris KariusMainz 05£4,700,0001 July 2016
Joël MatipFree TransferFree1 July 2016
Ragnar KlavanAugsburg£4,200,00020 July 2016
Alex ManningerFree TransferFree22 July 2016
Georginio WijnaldumNewcastle United£25,000,000 *22 July 2016
Mohamed SalahRoma£43,900,000 *22 June 2017
Dominic SolankeChelsea£4,000,000 *1 July 2017
Andy RobertsonHull City£10,000,000 *21 July 2017
Alex Oxlade-ChamberlainArsenal£35,000,00031 August 2017
Virgil Van DijkSouthampton£75,000,0001 January 2018
Naby KeitaRed Bull Leipzig£52,750,0001 July 2018
Fabinho TavarezAS Monaco£43,700,000 *1 July 2018
Xherdan ShaqiriStoke City£13,750,00013 July 2018
Alisson BeckerRoma£65,000,000 *19 July 2018
Sepp van den BergPEC Zwolle£4,400,000 *27 June 2019
Harvey ElliottFulham£0 *28 July 2019
Adrián San MiguelFree TransferFree5 August 2019
Andy LonerganFree TransferFree12 August 2019
Takumi MinaminoRed Bull Salzburg£7,250,0001 January 2020
Kostas TsimikasOlympiacos£11,750,00010 August 2020
Thiago AlcantaraBayern Munich£27,400,000 *18 September 2020
Diogo JotaWolves£45,000,000 *19 September 2020

TheGame

Recently, the league has become so competitive that one game lost is a huge deal.

And when you add in the poor performances of the last few games it makes it seem like we will be in a fight for top 4 again, while playing poor football and thus not achieving any of our goals.
But it’s not the first time we’ve had a poor start to the season and won’t be the last. As I’ve stated, it’s best to judge the table after 10 games to see how things stand not after 2.

dev1l

The question is not whether he's been backed or not. Week in, week out, teams with much worse rosters are outplaying us in the field. If we need to spend a billion pounds on superstars so that Brighton don't overrun us, then Ole is not the man for the job.
Hoffenheim today won 4-1 vs Bayern - the European champions. Bayern are much superior. Just to give ve you an indication, Hoffenheim s record signing was at 11m euros.
It shouldn't be the case,no?
Should they sack their coach too?

passing-wind

I'm unsure what people's expectations are ? us getting top four again would earmark progress under Ole.

Our team is not coached well enough to progress in Europe because we do not maintain possession well enough. We are also too inconsistent in our performances to win the league. I think Ole will need to bow out of management the moment we hit that inevitable ceiling, of having a squad good enough to challenge but having a manager unable to bridge the gap to us winning major silverware.

crossy1686

career ending
Hoffenheim today won 4-1 vs Bayern - the European champions. Bayern are much superior. Just to give ve you an indication, Hoffenheim s record signing was at 11m euros.
Dortmund also lost 2-0 yesterday. Clubs all over Europe have had no preseason. People need to calm the feck down instead of being panicky morons

crossy1686

career ending
I'm unsure what people's expectations are ? us getting top four again would earmark progress under Ole.

Our team is not coached well enough to progress in Europe because we do not maintain possession well enough. We are also too inconsistent in our performances to win the league. I think Ole will need to bow out of management the moment we hit that inevitable ceiling, of having a squad good enough to challenge but having a manager unable to bridge the gap to us winning major silverware.
Prove this point to be true, that one of the biggest clubs in the world isn't coached well and no one cares.

He'sRaldo

We cannot challenge for the title with this squad.

You cannot make up for years and years of mismanagement in one or two seasons especially when you are competing with teams like City who are ahead of you and are investing same amounts as you are.
Even if it's true, you can't remove the manager from this equation. The question should be "can we challenge with this squad and manager", and whoever the weak links are should be replaced starting at the most important positions.

After all, you can have a title winning squad come in 7th purely from a change of manager.

dev1l

Even if it's true, you can't remove the manager from this equation. The question should be "can we challenge with this squad and manager", and whoever the weak links are should be replaced starting at the most important positions.

After all, you can have a title winning squad come in 7th purely from a change of manager.
This squad needs upgrading - when it s upgraded then you can judge the manager.

dove

I couldn't care less how other teams do, I am concerned about the club I support and we are not doing good, how hard is it to admit that instead of looking for excuses every single time?

Jesus fecking Christ :lol:

dev1l

I couldn't care less how other teams do, I am concerned about the club I support and we are not doing good, how hard is it to admit that instead of looking for excuses every single time?

Jesus fecking Christ :lol:
I brought you the Bayern case because that s what happens in the real world. If you want to live in a fantasy of your own, you re free to do it :)

He'sRaldo

If you reversed that line, it would still sound true.

I remember a common sentiment being that this is the best team we've had in a while and better than Mourinho's (who came 2nd), so clearly it's a very good team. And quite a few of the players have some trophies under their belt already before the manager came in, so at least they need to get back to that level before we can say the manager has gotten 100% out of them.

He'sRaldo

This season is looking like a write off if we don't recruit as we should. He hasn't really been supported this summer so far and the team is only looking better due to his coaching. We've got players that have failed under multiple managers let's not forget.
We really can't be writing off seasons as Man Utd simply because we missed out on a target or two.

If we had the best manager in the world we wouldn't be too worried about that, but lines like those give the feeling that we're trying to buy the best players to accommodate a lesser quality manager.

crossy1686

career ending
I brought you the Bayern case because that s what happens in the real world. If you want to live in a fantasy of your own, you re free to do it :)
Ignore it. People keep saying "I don't care about other teams, I only care about United" but this is dangerous and leads to making rash decisions.

I said it the other day, if you look at the league as a collective, teams are shipping goals in for fun and no one looks that organised unless they've had a manager there for years who plays a very structured way.

So what's really happening?

Well it could be that everyone in the league has decided defending is now redundant and decided to stop any coaching of defending. Or it could be that teams aren't fit yet and there's been a lack of conditioning and organisation training as a team.

If you view this a United specific problem you're going to come up with all wild conspiracies, whereas if you view it as a league problem you'll see the answer is pretty obvious.

dove

Ironic. I think many of Ole supporters definitely live in a fantasy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.