Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Mate, this is Manchester United! A 3 time European Cup winning Manchester United against a club that was founded about 13 years ago. The excuses being made make me sick.
They were CL semi finalists a few months ago. Us being 'Manchester United' is irrelevant.

There's no excuses for the disaster in Istanbul which was a disgrace from both Ole and the players. That and Leipzig beating PSG on the same night was the big turning point.

Dobba

No manager gets all the players he wants. That's the point. Ole certainly got Maguire and Bruno.
Thank goodness those two players were all this otherwise brilliant and perfectly balanced squad needed. We'll forget that they should have been signed a lot sooner than they were, in Bruno's case by months, thanks to said staff pissing around.

Foxbatt

As Vidared pointed out we needed one point from three matches and lost all three.

Zoo

Reactive in his substitutions, reactive to the opposition. Would Jurgen Klopp change to a defensive back 5 against RB Leipzig? No because he believes in his style of playing and will back his players to get the job done the way they normally play.

Robbie Boy

I think it could be a generation thing. Youngsters here without to much experience in real life are often those who lack a bit of patience and lack outside the box thinking. They react and they don't see bigger picture. While the little more older people like myself thinks about everything in little more different way.

But that is what most of us who want him to stay is talking about all the time. Give him time. Time is important because you can't change anything like if it were a Football Manager game.

I also think you are unfair here. Why are you always bringin up only after PSG game. What happened to other games? Can we, who think that Solslskjaer should be given time, only talk about last two weeks and forget Everything else. Wouldn't it be kind of ridiculous if we said: Oh, Solskjaer has 100% win record, how can anybody be against him? And forgeting everything else.

Problem with people and your kind of thinking is that you don't see or want to see problems we had when he came, what team we had and what had to be done. It take time to put it right again and we would be stupid if we would go for another manager. First, because we are making steps forward. Second, new manager would also need time and once again we would start rolling the same wheel.

Glaring issues without any considiration where we have been and what problems Solskjaer has to deal with? Please tell the World those issues and try to appply little bit what that depends on.
I've seen only ONE poster mentioning 99'. You are trying to make it like there is lot of them. So try to stop with fake news.

To be better on the pitch you need better and healthier players. Playing with average players gives you average results and despite having average players Solskjaer has got out most of them beating teams like City, Tottenham, Chelsea, Leicester and so on. Sure, we have lost games against sides we should won. But as season started I think all of us understood it would go up and down with results. You can't seriously think we would play fluid fast attacking football having Lingard, Pereira and Mata and some others with other manager. No offence to those guys (I really like Mata) but they are not good enough. Neither are at least 50% of our squad.

People want Solskajer out because they don't have patience, don't understand that every process take time and that we are living in Football Manager era where reality and fantasy are hard to divide from eachother.

As I said, the same people (not all) that want Solskjaer out would say exaclty the same thing if another manager came in the summer and couldn't produce any silverwere next summer.
If you dont see where we were before Solskjaer took over and where we are now, then you have to start looking at football in other way. You seem to judge only by titles? Right? Well, football isn't that easy. It is not Football Manager. It is about, not just team, but also about club as whole.

Being worst season, looking at points, doesn't mean anything. Or do you mean that this Liverpool team or ManCity teams or Leicester team were better than us under 90s or 2000 because their title winning teams had more points? So in other hand you seem to think that Klopp / Guardiola / Ranieri were better the Ferguson?

Injuries? If you don't know how it works with injuries and getting go ahead by doctors so managers can play them, don't write. You are so wrong.

Klopp? It took him 4 years to get his first trophy in Liverpool. It wasn't exactly so that he won everything as soon as he got there. It took time. Time you seem to not give to Solskjaer for some reason. Looking at your post it seems to me that you are angry. And that you don't like Solskjaer on personal level.
Football Manager players coming back to this thread.
Let's take it from the top. After Ferguson we had Moyes, Giggs, vanGaal and Mourinho. Every manager with there own style of football and that effects club from inside out. When you make all those changes in a couple of year, you are in deep trouble. To fix and repair things will take time.

The reason Mourinho got sacked was not for his points. Even if that was also included. The main reason, and I like Mourinho and think his football knowledge is top class, was that he lost controll over team, club and everything. He was "fighting" with everyone at the end. The outcome of that was just to be one. Getting sacked. Sadly but true. We can blame everyone but he lost controll over situation.

How has Solskjaer taken club backwards? Just put aside this point obsession down and tell me. How? Didn't you see how the club and team felt in the preseason of last season with Mourinho? I have not seen that toxic enviroment since, I can't remember. If anything, Solskjaer have stopped this bus from going over the cliff and turn it around. He is slowly building a team and a squad. That takes little bit of time. Couple of months ago when I was defending him in that worse peroid I said, this isn't football manager. It is not push a button and start a new season and that take few minutes. We are talking about real life.

In wich way is he horrific in tactics? What does he wrong? Yes, he is not the one who knows everything and does make misstakes. But no manager is free from misstakes. So what specific makes him horrific?

Your hate is pretty clear. It is about him personally. I'm just waiting now for to usual, bring in Pochettino, Nagelsmann, Alegri, Farke, Howe and so on.
Football Manager kids are back, again.
Hello Football Manager 2020. New Game. Restart. New game.
For me (all those Solskjaer haters) are new type of fans who plays Football Manager and thinking football is like computer games.
The problem is simple. There is no patience nowdays. Anywhere. And why would football be different? The younger people are living in socity where there is always greener on the other side. In every aspect of society. In reality, it isn't. That is why I sometime say, sarcastic, that there are to many Football Manager players in here.

Solskjaer has done well and deserves his chance. We will see where we stand in December. But nobody can say that he hasn't improved us. It is also worth to say that it isn't just about imporving. It is about planting seed because since Ferguson retired, we have been ripping out everything our success was built on.
And so we go again. Another one of those football manager kids thinking football is easy. Another one going at Solskjaer without (what it seems) knowing how football world actually works. Another one without patience and who thinks that solution is always a button away.

I like how you haters love to write in anger.
This thread.,. Oh my. So many Football Manager players in here.
I liked Jose Mourinho and defended him until he went against players, club, media and pretty much everyone. He had to go. Shame, because I like him. VanGaal should have been given more time. No question about that. Moyes should have gone as soon as he moved out almost everyone in backroom staff. You don't change everything first week. Not after team won Premier League year before. As you see, this is not about legend, it is about time. I'm willing to give managers time. I'm willing to give them time as long as I see progress. CV can play role. But not always. Not in the modern time in the same way as football 10-20 years ago. You think that those who are against Solskjaer would have said, "Oh, Klopp You did fine in Dortmund so it is okey for you to take time". The same people would be all over Klopp, demanding sacking after 2 years. There are just people that lack patience and in my opinion it is the youngers one. Those who I call Football Manager gamers. So once again. Time. Give manager time (as long as you see progress) and you will be fine.

Solskjaer came to ManUtd when our club was going toward darkness. The first thing was to stop us reaching darkness. Then set up a goal. Next thing is implement a strategy that could help us reaching the goal. Work towards goal by doing changes that is helping the strategy. Allt that takes time until you find right balance and right recipe.

So 2nd year is the year we should be going for it? Well, that means Solskjaer still have a chance to turn your mind. I think it is still early to demand that. I think that it is a big pressure for a manager to say, you get 2 years. Win league or you are off. There would be changes every year and managers would be sacked like we changing our socks. Some like that. I don't.
I'm not really sure that you read all the posts. Maybe 5% of OleOut is having valid arguments. The other 95% are kids watching game on flashscore and yelling out, out, out because the game doesn't reflect their reallity from playing Football Manager.

Solskjaer did wrong in not taking Fred out. I think everyone can agree on that. Other then that, he was spot on. We controlled the game until red card and should have won if our players knew how to score.
Oh my. So many Football Manager kids in here. Just waiting for a lost game.

He didn't get the team right but fixed things and we were better team for about 60min. We lost in first 15-20 min. After that we had control over game. Not that it matters.
There's a dedicated Football Manager thread mate.

1974_Fergie_Time

We couldn't keep giving teams the lead it was always going to comeback and bite us.

That defence £180m spent and it feels like most of it has been wasted.

The fans of Pool. City, Spurs, Chelsea, and Arsenal all want Ole to stay says it all for me

Ole also sold himself down the river tonight by bringing Pogba on
he more or less made him bigger than the club, now watch his agent lap that up.

Hope Ole can come to a mutual agreement with Ed whereby he resgins
but is giving a payoff at least, dont want to see him humiliated by being sacked.

But it's time for Ole to leave.

DON’T PANIC ™

I hope when Ole goes, Carrick fecks off as well.. He’s been there alongside LVG, Mou & now Ole. Fed up looking at his beardy face trying to look thoughtful as the wheels come off the bus.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Utd play some good stuff but they lack confidence at the start of games. I think Ole needs to work a bit on his pre-game motivation skills. I also feel he should avoid sitting on the bench unless his team are home and hosed.
Do you rate Arfield by chance? Good Canadian boy.

PoTMS

The biggest difference (among many) between him and Nagelsmann is the latter learnt from his mistakes. Ole keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again and hoping his players bail him out over and over again too.

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope when Ole goes, Carrick fecks off as well.. He’s been there alongside LVG, Mou & now Ole. Fed up looking at his beardy face trying to look thoughtful as the wheels come off the bus.
When Ole is sacked, the entire coaching staff should be sacked. Not just Carrick.

Xaviboy

Think ole be gone if we dont get top 4 this season or get champions league qualification.

We will lose out on Poch as I think he will replace Zidane who could be sacked if Madrid get knocked out tomorrow night

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He inherited an overpaid shite squad
It took SAF years to build a title winning team
He doesn't get the players he wants
The players are to blame

Are there more ludicrous excuses bandied about?

Foxbatt

Thank goodness those two players were all this squad needed. We'll forget that they should have been signed a lot sooner than they were, in Bruno's case months, thanks to the staff pissing around.
If we had a quality manager we would probably not need more players. A good coach gets better out of ordinary players. The fact he cannot win without 11 world class players is the height of lunacy.

Fooza

Reactive in his substitutions, reactive to the opposition. Would Jurgen Klopp change to a defensive back 5 against RB Leipzig? No because he believes in his style of playing and will back his players to get the job done the way they normally play.
The difference between a world class manager and a manager who isn't

leontas

He’s a bit tactically clueless / naive. It’s not sustainable or way to build a winning team if we only play well in a portion of every game. And the fact that we still do not have a distinct style of play says it all really. It always feels like relies on a bit of individual brilliance - like he just names the starting XI and tells them “now go on and do your thing”.

Unfortunately I don’t see him winning anything at Utd. I would’ve loved for him to be successful but we appointed him on a permanent basis too early. We need to start laying the groundwork for what’s to come next - I don’t see him getting sacked anytime soon (unless we hit the dire straits) but we need to reevaluate at the end of the season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What do you make of Ole starting 7 defensive players tonight? Especially the Matic/McTominay pairing. Do you believe that mentality in the biggest games is acceptable for us here?
He got it wrong tonight changing to 5 at the back with no preparation time. At the same time starting 4 at the back wouldn't have made us favourites, Leipzig are a good side.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He inherited an overpaid shite squad
It took SAF years to build a title winning team
He doesn't get the players he wants
The players are to blame

Are there more ludicrous excuses bandied about?
I read all of this post except for the final line and thought "must be one of the troll newbs" :lol:

Dobba

If we had a quality manager we would probably not need more players. A good coach gets better out of ordinary players. The fact he cannot win without 11 world class players is the height of lunacy.
Looking forward to a very quiet transfer forum when Poch comes in. Definitely won't be seeing you in there, demanding a Sancho and/or Haaland bid in the summer.

Asger

The problem with United ? Ole and his coaching staff are all practically still learning on the job.
And with Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof and AWB, just looking at those names on paper I would think it is a West Ham defence.

eire-red

I changed to Ole out a few weeks ago, and it's so disappointing because when things are good, they're so good and watching us feels the best it has for a long time. I want him to be a success here so much, but the reality is you don't go don't go from Cardiff to Molde to one of the hardest jobs in football. It's just not right.

We can't let the gloss of our comeback wins mask the last few performances. It takes us going behind to react, usually because our set up is all wrong to begin with. We're relying on individual brilliance so much, and that didn't happen tonight for us. I think this group has shown us how out of his depth Ole is in reality. Simple decisions like leaving Fred on against PSG, finishing the match tonight with TFM, Williams and Tuanzebe in our back 4, our set up against Istanbul away.

Imagine Nagelsmann with our squad of players. Instead of limited players like Poulsen and Sorloth up front, imagine he was working with Rashford, Bruno, Martial, Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba etc. Do we think we'd be seeing the same results?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I've been a defender of Ole for a long time. He's a club legend after all. However, he needs the boot. We are poorly coached.

Man for man we are superior to RBL. They outplayed us tonight and although we smashed them at OT, they outplayed us for about an hour there too. That's because they're well coached.

We have no style of play, no system, no attacking patterns, nothing! We get results through individual brilliance, not tatical application or training drills.

We need to replace Ole and the backroom staff, unfortunately.
This, fecking this!

mu4c_20le

:lol: fecking hell they are the CL champions a year ago, why would they change their system for Leipzig

Status
Not open for further replies.