Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

A few poor results? There's a good chance they'll be 4th in their table and in the Europa League this time tomorrow and that's clearly worthy of being sacked.
And yes, if that happens, like a big club, he'll be gone and Poch will be brought in.

Foxbatt

He inherited an overpaid shite squad
It took SAF years to build a title winning team
He doesn't get the players he wants
The players are to blame

Are there more ludicrous excuses bandied about?
Yes the referee is against us
He got blinded by the white teeth of Nagelsmann.
The seat is uncomfortable.
Poch didn't win anything. ( I don't know where that comes from because Poch is not the manager at United).

dove

And with Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof and AWB, just looking at those names on paper I would think it is a West Ham defence.
West Ham, just like absolute majority of clubs in the league can only dream of that defence.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He got it wrong tonight changing to 5 at the back with no preparation time. At the same time starting 4 at the back wouldn't have made us favourites, Leipzig are a good side.
It would certainly have made us favourites to qualify. 4 at the back with a diamond or 4231 would be the obvious system to play, especially considering it worked with a 5-0 thumping in the reverse fixture. Why the feck he decided to change it and play into Nagelsmann is beyond me.

That's why the manager is so important, his counterpart didn't even have resources to fill out his bench today, and yet here he is after reaching the semi finals last year, qualifying from a group of death and maintaining a respectable battle among the top of the Bundasliga.

macheda14

:lol: fecking hell they are the CL champions a year ago, why would they change their system for Leipzig
Why did we play so defensively when we hit 5 against them playing in the formation that saw us dominate and score 2 in the second half? It was a stupid decision. Before the bloody match he said ‘were man united and we don’t play for draws’ and then sets us up for a draw.

Zoo

:lol: fecking hell they are the CL champions a year ago, why would they change their system for Leipzig
The point is he wouldn’t have changed it 4 years ago or whenever he came in. He would have gone toe to toe with the opposition

90 + 5min

Anyone who can't see the blatant obvious - and never critiques someone even where it's deserved- regardless of who they are is delusional. You may not say he is a messiah, but by your comments, you certainly treat him as one.
Where are those comments? I gave him critism for starting game this bad. But I can still see that he did something good in changing systems so we could get out something from the game. You can see positives even if you loose. As you can see negatives when you win. Solskjaer is like any other manager. No more, no less.

There's a dedicated Football Manager thread mate.
Haha. I know. I think somewhere I have written why I call posters that lack patience for (the name). Football is not easy that you can fix by restarting game or season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Guapa

Hurts to say it but I think it's long past time.Ole's out of his depth.

Don't ask me who to replace him with though.Don't rate Poche I'm afraid.

Foxbatt

Looking forward to a very quiet transfer forum when Poch comes in. Definitely won't be seeing you in there, demanding a Sancho and/or Haaland bid in the summer.
I have never demanded Harland or Sancho. I have never demanded we get Poch. I don't think much of him either.
How long have you been a supporter of United by the way?

Dobba

Poch didn't win anything. ( I don't know where that comes from because Poch is not the manager at United).
It comes from him having the best striker in the league and his biggest achievements being losing a Champions League final (by being tactically inept) and finishing third in a two horse title race. Then his replacement, a washed up dinosaur who failed miserably here, having the same team look like title contenders within a year.

I have never demanded Harland or Sancho. I have never demanded we get Poch. I don't think much of him either.
How long have you been a supporter of United by the way?
31 years and counting.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole's at the wheel....but he is driving a manual car without knowing how to shift gears.

Every gear change is a wild gamble. The car stalls and then he starts it up again with the cycle repeating itself.

Sorry, I've completely lost it after todays performance. It is 9 in the morning here in Australia and work is seeming less palatable today after that shambolic display.

OrcaFat

When Ole is sacked, the entire coaching staff should be sacked. Not just Carrick.
Or stand every staff member, tea ladies included, in a line and sack everyone you think might not be doing a good job (without actually having a damn clue).

Wayne's World

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has lost six of his 10 Champions League matches as a manager.
He is the first manager to lose six or more times in their first 10 games in the competition while in charge of an English side.

That's a pretty damming stat

James_42

Some of his tactics and formations in the Champions League have been worth the sack, why does he change the team so often?

Why play Shaw at CB in such a crucial game coming off an injury?

Whenever we have a good performance, he seems to change the team and we can't build any kind of consistency.

Matt851

West Ham, just like absolute majority of clubs in the league can only dream of that defence.
People wouldnt have thought much about the spurs back 4 until recently. Shows what proper organisation can do

90 + 5min

:lol: tbf, it's hard to defend Ole and he doesn't much to fall back on other than try to insult other fans.
It is not about insulting fans. It is about giving name to new generation that lack little bit of patience and think football is a game where you can restart or change thing by pressing on and off.

Foxbatt

It comes from him having the best striker in the league and his biggest achievements being losing a Champions League final (by being tactically inept) and finishing third in a two horse title race. Then his replacement, a washed up dinosaur who failed miserably here, having the same team look like title contenders within a year.

31 years and counting.
The same dinosaur won the EL, Cup Winners Cup and 2nd in the PL within two years at United. I don't like Jose but certainly he is a much better coach than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

mu4c_20le

Why did we play so defensively when we hit 5 against them playing in the formation that saw us dominate and score 2 in the second half? It was a stupid decision. Before the bloody match he said ‘were man united and we don’t play for draws’ and then sets us up for a draw.
They got tired. That last game was actually pretty even until the second half. The fact is, they wern't as bad as some of us made them out to be, and we weren't as bad today as some are making us out to be.
The point is he wouldn’t have changed it 4 years ago or whenever he came in. He would have gone toe to toe with the opposition
I kinda get the point you were making, but not sure about that example, we are in different leagues right now. We did go toe to toe with PSG and it made for some fun viewing but look what happened in the end

Delano

He'll stay.

Loved Ole the player. But the warning signs have been there for a long time now.

Tactically, we are a reactive team, with no identity that relies on individual quality. We have talented players at the club, but we have a new formation every week and a new corner turned every two weeks. There is no consistency and it comes from the inconsistent set ups and lack of identity.

Then you have this season, we've lost 6-1 to the manager he replaced, lost the majority of our games at home and now we are out of the Champions League...

If it was anyone but Ole, he'd be hounded out of the door. But he'll stay, I have no doubt about that.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Quality player. Scored at the weekend and was unlucky not to get more.
Ya he is solid for Canada. Such a pro.

Lots of Canadians hoping you guys finally get back to the top even though Gerrard is manager. feck Gerrard.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I said it in another thread, but if he gets credit for playing and buying players whose individual brilliance wins us game, then he should get blamed for playing and buying players whose individual feck ups cost us games.

Morpheus 7

I'm more angry at the fans that want to keep the manager now, the weak mismanagement is so obvious. Until fans wake and put the pressure on, nothing will change. The board are clueless and need guidance to end this nightmare, man is out of his depth. If you think we are winning a major trophy with this manager, you need help.

Holocene

What have we got to lose by sacking Ole? It's not like he's going to be picked up by a big club. He will probably take a break and go back to Norway.

He's never a manager we will look back on and think "Damn, we really missed a trick here"

There's far superior managers in the game.

Dobba

The same dinosaur won the EL, Cup Winners Cup and 2nd in the PL within two years at United. I don't like Jose but certainly he is a much better coach than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
He's a washed up has-been of a manager, that's why he was sacked by United and was working as a TV pundit and betting company salesman until Spurs needed to get rid of the guy the Cafe is demanding United hire.

edgecutter

What have we got to lose by sacking Ole? It's not like he's going to be picked up by a big club. He will probably take a break and go back to Norway.

He's never a manager we will look back on and think "Damn, we really missed a trick here"

There's far superior managers in the game.
It's bad when Leeds have a way better manager than we do

croadyman

They were CL semi finalists a few months ago. Us being 'Manchester United' is irrelevant.

There's no excuses for the disaster in Istanbul which was a disgrace from both Ole and the players. That and Leipzig beating PSG on the same night was the big turning point.
Yeah will never forget about how utterly diabolical that performance was and boy have we paid the price for it

Rolaholic

Not really making it any easier on himself or the team I'm afraid :(

Heinzesight

I changed to Ole out a few weeks ago, and it's so disappointing because when things are good, they're so good and watching us feels the best it has for a long time. I want him to be a success here so much, but the reality is you don't go don't go from Cardiff to Molde to one of the hardest jobs in football. It's just not right.

We can't let the gloss of our comeback wins mask the last few performances. It takes us going behind to react, usually because our set up is all wrong to begin with. We're relying on individual brilliance so much, and that didn't happen tonight for us. I think this group has shown us how out of his depth Ole is in reality. Simple decisions like leaving Fred on against PSG, finishing the match tonight with TFM, Williams and Tuanzebe in our back 4, our set up against Istanbul away.

Imagine Nagelsmann with our squad of players. Instead of limited players like Poulsen and Sorloth up front, imagine he was working with Rashford, Bruno, Martial, Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba etc. Do we think we'd be seeing the same results?
I’ve yet to dip my toe into the Ole Out waters but that’s a convincing argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.