Would you sell Jadon Sancho this summer? And do you think he will be sold?

saivet

I'd give him another year. He's young and we probably won't get offered anything that is worth our while. At worst he'll be fine as a squad player. If a club was willing to fork out £60m for him then it's another story, but I doubt it's the case so no need to take a big hit on someone that isn't a guaranteed starter nor is fecking up the dressing.

Doubt ETH will have any big rush to sell him, he plays him often enough, FFP means his sale wouldn't make any sense on the books, he's currently not a first team player we are relying on (Rashford and Antony are the starters when fit) and he is still a young talented player that can cover a few positions.

padzilla

Hipster
Are there any examples of big money signings who were dreadful for first two years but suddenly came good in their third year? I can't think of many, or any for that matter.

The sad truth is, like so many other underperforming players, he's more likely to get a new contract at United than be shipped on. If he's not come good by now he's not going to.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He should be, he isn't cut out for the Premier League. His value will only tumble, but given the ludicrous wages he is on we'll have trouble shifting him. Add another to the pile of biggest wasters we have signed in last 10 years.

stepic

he's become a very expensive squad player with the arrival of Antony and Rashford's return to form. shows flashes of form but is shit more than he's good.

Dike_Manc

I wouldn't sell him. I'd give him one more season where hopefully we play more of a possession game on the edge of opposition box which is where he can be very useful.

But I can understand those who'd sell him.
My sentiments exactly but if we do not evolve to such a team, there's absolutely no hope for him. That's the worry.

lex talionis

There is a great footballer in Sancho's skin, but we're already pretty well stocked at LW -- Rashford and Garnacho, not necessarily in that order. Sancho's wages make it impossible to sell him this summer.

RedDevilRoshi

Personally would give him a sort of ultimatum for next season to show us that he can put in good consistent performances when called upon and make that winger spot in the team his to lose. If doesn’t produce then I’d definitely be looking to move him on.

Again, ETH may or most likely will view it differently as can he really rates him and will no doubt give him the time needed to rediscover that Dortmund form.

whitbyviking

Would he be a part-ex possibility for someone like Caceido at Brighton? Or any target in Germany. I know these deals aren't common but I think it is the only way we move him, as we need to get creative with his wages.

Todd

My opinion might be bordering on a sunk cost fallacy, but I think we need to give him at least one more season to show his worth. It'll be difficult to move him on because of his wages.

I don't really think he suits our style because his instinct seems always to be to slow the play down. I'd prefer players like Garnacho on the wings who are always looking to run at you and go past you at speed.

I don't see Sancho as anything better than backup quality long-term, and you shouldn't be paying reserve players those kinds of wages.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Straight swap with Kane. Show Levy lot of Sancho Dortmund YouTube videos to convince him.

Skills

Snitch
Can't cause of FFP

Sadly we're in the same mess with Antony too.

Red_Aaron

I've seen nothing to suggest he can be a force for us

Unless something mad comes out of left field he'll still be here next season but could well be looking for a loan come January

Gordon S

I would not sell. Don`t think the club will either.
He has no doubt been underwhelming so far especially considering the talent he has and the wages he is on.
But there is no doubt the talent is there, and he is also still young. He doesn`t seem to be injury prone either which can be a big hurdle. Like it is for Martial.

I would hate to see us sell him now and then 2 years later he really comes into his own for another PL club, like a Salah or KdB for Chelsea.

hobbers

Of course he should be sold but he wont be for the two obvious reasons, the fact no club would come even within 50% of the wages he's currently getting, and the fact he's homegrown and we shelled out a huge amount, partly due to that HG premium, that we wont get back in a sale.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Yes. I would take $25 mil for him and take the loss. He is a fragile man.

Bertie Wooster

Difficult one, without knowing about owners / budget / number of incoming targets, etc.

Personally, I'd be happy to give him one more year to prove himself while we focus on other positions - #9, CM, GK, maybe RB?

Selling / upgrading Sancho isn't a pressing concern this summer compared to those other positions. So the only reason I can see to sell Sancho this summer would be if it was necessary for the budget in order to raise funds to secure the incomings.

If that's the case, then Sancho is one of the underachieving squad players you could understand them offloading - if a club were prepared to pay us a good fee and agree wages terms with him.

But there's others I'd rather we sold first, and would be happy enough to give him another year to see if he can finally start delivering with some consistency.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'd sell him if the price is right even though it hurts a lot, I was a huge fan of his. It's still possible that he somehow regains his previous form with a better structure in place (a proper number 9 and a better control in midfield) but it's looking less and less likely now. And it looks like we need money to reinvest.

As for will he be sold... not very likely. Most importantly, it doesn't seem that anyone is really after him.

Syphon Wallet

I'd sell him if the price is right even though it hurts a lot, I was a huge fan of his. It's still possible that he somehow regains his previous form with a better structure in place (a proper number 9 and a better control in midfield) but it's looking less and less likely now. And it looks like we need money to reinvest.

As for will he be sold... not very likely. Most importantly, it doesn't seem that anyone is really after him.
The price would be on a free transfer, that the only way anyone touches him on those wages.

I'd love for someone to give a example of a club that would pay a fee for him right now.

Munkehboi

Sell 100% however, there's no market for him right now due to his wages and rubbish performances so he will stay. I really hope he does what Rashford did pre-season and get himself in the right physical and mental state and push on for us next season or its going to be months of screaming at him for bottling everything he does.

CM10

I'd sell him if a decent bid came in but I don't think that's likely to happen, so we'll likely have to keep him and try and make it work in some capacity next season.

fergosaurus

Definitely not. I doubt we're going to consider selling him anyway, he'll get one more season.

goalscholes

I don’t think we’d get any more this summer than we would after another similar quality year. His value is at its lowest.

I don’t really understand what’s happened with him. He used to be one of the fastest and most direct players in the world and now he seems slow and passive.

I’d rather send him out on loan to a PL side than sell him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Would have to be a fully functioning Sancho though and we are yet to see that at United.
Maybe because of the former. Some players flourish in chaos and counter and others as part of a system.

SAFMUTD

I'd sell him without a doubt, anything around 40-50M. I dont think he'll be sold though he's on huge wages and has been poor (at best) for two years now. Best we can hope is a loan to another league, him regaining form and then we maybe can sell him.

Zen86

One more season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s another Martial who shows his talent in glimpses and ultimately disappoints.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Loan him to Dortmund for a season with the view of selling him when his price goes up.
This is probably our best case scenario. Gets his wages (at least partially) off our books for a year, allows him to regain some of his market value, and positions us for a sale next year when the FFP ramifications of selling him aren't as negative.

SAFMUTD

I don’t think we’d get any more this summer than we would after another similar quality year. His value is at its lowest.

I don’t really understand what’s happened with him. He used to be one of the fastest and most direct players in the world and now he seems slow and passive.

I’d rather send him out on loan to a PL side than sell him.
He was never fast but he was direct. It's like he's scared or something, the total opposite to Garnacho.

nakpodiareuben

I Will sell Sancho. He has not been productive and seems not to have that threat we want. BUT we know he won't be sold because he is on a huge wage.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Decent player but surplus to requirements given that Garnacho and Rashford will be on the left. Time to cash in to help fund the likes of Kane and the others.

goalscholes

He was never fast but he was direct. It's like he's scared or something, the total opposite to Garnacho.
There are YouTube clips where with the ball he still outpaces Alaba, and some where he hits 36km/h.

Not sure if he suffered a serious injury after that, but he looks nowhere near that now.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Decent player but surplus to requirements given that Garnacho and Rashford will be on the left. Time to cash in to help fund the likes of Kane and the others.
Selling him now will unfortunately have the opposite effect due to FFP rules

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Are there any examples of big money signings who were dreadful for first two years but suddenly came good in their third year? I can't think of many, or any for that matter.

The sad truth is, like so many other underperforming players, he's more likely to get a new contract at United than be shipped on. If he's not come good by now he's not going to.
Can we say Luke Shaw?

Abraxas

Can he produce something of substance tonight? Opportunity number 37. Whenever you're ready Jadon.