Would you sell Wayne Rooney to Chelsea (Poll)?

Would you sell Wayne Rooney to Chelsea?

• Total voters

Cina

Seems to be a lot of stuff floating around about whether this would be bad/good for us or bad/good for Chelsea and what the repercussions would be if this went though, thought it might be good to have a poll to see the overall opinion on this without having to waft through the Rooney thread, which is a bit mental right now.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Second option is pointless IMO, we could sell him for a high fee abroad and buy players.

feck keeping him.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Can we have an option for wr8 and johnmufc that says "Pay him more money" please.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'd rather not but at the same time I want him to leave and I don't see any realistic foreign side being interested.

If we could get Mata coming the other way (not likely) then we should accept it. Failing that just make sure we get as much as possible.

Cina

Second option is pointless IMO, we could sell him for a high fee abroad and buy players.

feck keeping him.
Well no, cause right now it looks like Chelsea would pay far more than any of the clubs abroad would, they need him far more than PSG (Cavani), Monaco (Falcao), Barcelona (Neymar) etc etc.

Cina

Can we have an option for wr8 and johnmufc that says "Pay him more money" please.
I was considering adding one for Sparky saying "castrate him" or something along those lines.

NinjaFletch

Voted for the top one, but I really don't care if he's just sold for cash.

Revan

Assumptionman
And sack both Fergie and Moyes from their positions on the club because they didn't offer enough love to Rooney.

Fergus' son

Well no, cause right now it looks like Chelsea would pay far more than any of the clubs abroad would, they need him far more than PSG (Cavani), Monaco (Falcao), Barcelona (Neymar) etc etc.
They've offered the equivalent of €40 (mata plus ten) or €25 (Luiz plus ten), depending on which you believe. I'd say we can get that for him somewhere abroad, even if it's a 5 or less than that it worth it to keep him away from our domestic rivals.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Only for Mata. Chelsea are in desperate need for a top drawer forward but you don't pass up the opportunity to sign someone like Mata in today's market.

Cina

They've offered the equivalent of €40 (mata plus ten) or €25 (Luiz plus ten), depending on which you believe. I'd say we can get that for him somewhere abroad, even if it's a 5 or less than that it worth it to keep him away from our domestic rivals.
More than €50m? Who from?

KingEric7

When you consider what Illarramendi has just gone for, I think it's fair to say that Mata is at the very least a £35m player.

Sir A1ex

While my first choice would be to get him abroad (plus cash for Ronnie?:drool: ), I think we're slightly mad to turn down Mata plus £10m, if that's really what we've done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You think Mata is only worth 30million euros? After the season he had, he's worth more like 35 or 40 million pounds. David Luiz would be worth around 20-25 million pounds, not 15 million euros which is around what we paid Fulham for Smalling when we signed him.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
While my first choice would be to get him abroad (plus cash for Ronnie?:drool: ), I think we're slightly mad to turn down Mata plus £10m, if that's really what we've done.

If that's what we've done, I'd go as far to say we're batshit crazy, ready for the nutter and clinically and insanely retarded.

Fergus' son

You think Mata is only worth 30million euros? After the season he had, he's worth more like 35 or 40 million pounds. David Luiz would be worth around 20-25 million pounds, not 15 million euros which is around what we paid Fulham for Smalling when we signed him.
You may be right but offering a player out to another team without any prompting at all makes his value diminish.

Luiz is woeful, just mentioning his name as part of the deal made it derogatory in my eyes.

I'm not buying this theory that Chelsea are offering stupid money for Rooney that we couldn't get abroad or from anyone else. I wouldn't mind him going City if they offered ten more than Chavs.

Comsmit

Voted for the first option. I would dislike the thought of a motivated Rooney under Jose, but Mata would provide us with an extra dimension to our play. Would prefer a little more than £10 million. I don't see how option 2 is good for us at this stage of the transfer window, I can't see a suitable replacement who is available and wouldn't cost a fecking fortune.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Not so much that he'd be too good there but selling a better player to a PL rival isn't worth it. Mata would be great here but I don't think getting rid of Rooney to get him is a step in the right direction. If Rooney desperately wants to leave and won't act professionally in his time here then obviously I'd take it but then if that was the case then we never would have rejected the bid in the first place. Or, more likely, the bid never took place because they'd never sell him to us.

Fergus' son

When you consider what Illarramendi has just gone for, I think it's fair to say that Mata is at the very least a £35m player.
When you see what Andy Carroll went for hes a £150m player, doesn't work like that.

Revan

Assumptionman
I would accept a swap offer for Rooney in order to get Mata, let alone Mata + cash. Mata is the better of two IMO, is younger, less cnut, more professionaland will get half the wages Rooney get. With those 10m we can upgrade the Fabregas bid then.

Fergus' son

Seems the Mata talk was all BS anyway according to Martin Lipton, thought it was odd to begin with.

Revan

Assumptionman
It doesn't work that way because Illarramendi was a crazy offer, but yeah, I agree that Mata is easily a 35m player. If Bale costs 60-70m then Mata is surely worth half as much. He's the most productive player in the league during the past two seasons, he's 25 years old and very versatile.

KingEric7

When you see what Andy Carroll went for hes a £150m player, doesn't work like that.

The Carroll transfer is one of those thoroughly ridiculous anomalies. I was having this discussion regarding Illarramendi the other day and eventually accepted that his sale fee wasn't really that exorbitant. A bit, but not as much as I originally felt.

Mata is a proven world class footballer. Potentially world class players are going for £30m and above currently (Hazard, Goetze, Lucas..); proven world class players are surely worth in excess of that. The Andy Carroll transfer was too ridiculous to be used as a benchmark for anything...it needs to be brushed aside as an isolated moment of insanity by Liverpool Football Club.

Fergus' son

The Carroll transfer is one of those thoroughly ridiculous anomalies. I was having this discussion regarding Illarramendi the other day and eventually accepted that his sale fee wasn't really that exorbitant. A bit, but not as much as I originally felt.

Mata is a proven world class footballer. Potentially world class players are going for £30m and above currently (Hazard, Goetze, Lucas..); proven world class players are surely worth in excess of that. The Andy Carroll transfer was too ridiculous to be used as a benchmark for anything...it needs to be brushed aside as an isolated moment of insanity by Liverpool Football Club.

Yeah, but the minute you offer a player out in swap deal his value falls, because you've made it clear he's no longer in your plans and that you don't mind getting rid.

KingEric7

It doesn't work that way because Illarramendi was a crazy offer, but yeah, I agree that Mata is easily a 35m player. If Bale costs 60-70m then Mata is surely worth half as much. He's the most productive player in the league during the past two seasons, he's 25 years old and very versatile.

It is a bit like I say, so maybe the better way of looking at it perhaps is to measure it against the Lucas, Goetze and Hazard transfers. Mata is better than all of them currently in my opinion and is already the real deal.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
If they indeed offered Mata in exchange, we'd be mad not to accept it. We'd be getting a player as good as Wayne only younger. A front four of Nani-Kagawa-Mata and RvP up front is :drool:

KingEric7

Yeah, but the minute you offer a player out in swap deal his value falls, because you've made it clear he's no longer in your plans and that you don't mind getting rid.

Maybe this is so...there haven't really been enough of these swap deals over the years to say. They always get reported over and over again yet never actually end up happening. The Ibrahimovic/Eto'o deal is one of the only ones I can think of that happened in real life instead of on FM. :D

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Only if we get Mata and cash for the fat fecker.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Just hope we end this as soon as possible whatever the outcome is (staying or going).