Would you still watch or attend Manchester United games if we get relegated?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Amadaeus, Oct 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 9, 2019

Withnail Full Member

I'd take the whatever but would have serious reservations about supporting the club if it was a Saudi Prince who took over.
  2. Oct 9, 2019

Bilbo Full Member

If you have invested 300k in a bunch of parts that don't fit the car then you wouldn't expect the same level of performance though would you? You can't just blame the driver, which is largely what our fans are doing at the moment.

You say your support for the club is not unconditional - what does this mean? That we have to finish above a certain league position to keep your support? What are your alternatives?
  3. Oct 9, 2019

shamans Hoser

The manager and the player are all employed by the club. I have no reason to support them if they are ruining my club.

And yes I/we all expect a certain standard from Man United. If that is too "mean" then give up your 250k contracts and go play for stockport or portsmouth. You'll find a lot of cuddly warm support there.

This is Man United. A symbol and brand of only the best.
  4. Oct 9, 2019

Forevergiggs1 New Member

Supports:
    United
    Why's it being ridiculous? We've been in relegation form for quite a while now. There's more than one gutless wonder at United. The tougher it gets the further they hide. Unless we sign well in January (what's the chances?) then relegation isn't an impossibility.

If Mou had of stayed at Chelski player power could of taken them down and they had a lot stronger squad than us now.
    Personally I don't think we'll be near the relegation zone come April doesn't mean to say it is ridiculous to think it could never happen.
  5. Oct 9, 2019

Moonwalker Full Member

I would have to switch to Chelsea if I'm honest, but I'd do it with a heavy heart.
  6. Oct 9, 2019

Withnail Full Member

A brand? Go away out of that :lol:

It's a football club and one that had many years in the wilderness, including relegation, before Fergie came along. Supporters may not be happy with the owners/manager or players but your club is your club.
    Otherwise what's the point?

You could always just go and support the league leaders every year. They'd obviously be the best brand and symbol of excellence.
  7. Oct 9, 2019

Blades1889 New Member

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    Wow some of these comments :annoyed: try watching your team through years of league one football :rolleyes: you don't give up on your team, that's plastic.
  8. Oct 9, 2019

Withnail Full Member

My 9 yr old is disgusted that some of his mates switched to City or Liverpool over the past year or so. He calls them turncoats.
  9. Oct 9, 2019

OverratedOpinion Full Member

Of course, we might actually be competitive in the Championship.
  10. Oct 9, 2019

Maticmaker Full Member

Agreed, I did it last time as well, also saved all my match tokens (and the front sheet of a few away programmes) and got my ticket to Wembley for the FA final, but Southampton spoiled the party!
  11. Oct 9, 2019

shamans Hoser

That time is long gone. Scholes not having an agent for instance for the love of his club.

It's all money and business now. If the local hero like rashford loved the club so much he wouldnt be holding out for a 250k contract. It's all professional for him and rightly so.

At the end of the day supporting a club like man United does come with an element of being the best and winning. That's a core part of this club being the most successful in U.K. you're telling me it wont matter if that's gone? Of course it will.

To each their own. Like I said before I'm not a mindless drone. Which team do you support that's in league one ? Do they have the head start man United have had?

Glazers are running the club as a business and exploiting this very notion of fans being unconditional supporters right now. If you all are happy with that then great .

For the record I'd always support man United but of course my enthusiasm and passion would die based on how and where we play
  12. Oct 9, 2019

shamans Hoser

And to add to my post you cant enjoy the worlds biggest support base and then complain if they boo at the lack of quality.

As I said before if the players arent happy with "spoilt" fans only wanting wins, go play for Fulham.
  13. Oct 9, 2019

Omahahaha New Member

Of course, it would be difficult to stay away from watching.

Oles edition of Manchester United would probably not gain promotion though.
  14. Oct 9, 2019

Withnail Full Member

no one mentioned what the players think
  15. Oct 9, 2019

Drz Full Member

Hell yea!
  16. Oct 9, 2019

Robertd0803 Full Member

Yeah obviously. United for life regardless of the highs or lows.
  17. Oct 9, 2019

Lennon7 nipple flasher and door destroyer

Has to be one of the worst threads I’ve seen in a while. It’s game 8, we won’t get relegated. And even if we did, stop being a plastic prick.
  18. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

Divorce rates might go up though if you add an extra 8 league games a season :lol:
  19. Oct 9, 2019

Robertd0803 Full Member

True :lol: Plus Im convinced theres Championship games every day it seems at certain points throughout the season :lol:
  20. Oct 9, 2019

Momochiru Full Member

For sure, it might actually be quite enjoyable.
  21. Oct 9, 2019

shamans Hoser

but why would you unconditionally support a player that doesn't belong there. Plus players like Sanchez who are nothing but a strain on our system
  22. Oct 9, 2019

Chairman Steve Full Member

Of course. I’d need a laugh from all the zealots who’d still say “No you’re being stupid, Ole needs 5 years. I don’t care if we’re just outside the Championship relegation places getting beaten handsomely by the League 1 promoted teams because stand by your manager, Utd way and Busby and that... fecking troll. Go wank off to Pogba or something”
  23. Oct 9, 2019

Jim Beam The Joker

Would try to attend as much away matches as possible and it would be worth every penny as the atmosphere would be cracking I imagine.

On the other side, probably struggled a bit to watch us on tv/stream if we would remain to be shit. So, no idea where that puts me.
  24. Oct 9, 2019

Antisocial Has a Sony home cinema

Definitely yes.
  25. Oct 9, 2019

Bondi77 New Member

I do not know how someone could support a club and then change to another one when times get a little tough; That type of person needs to have a good look at himself and try and find something that resembles character because life can get a lot tougher than football.
  26. Oct 9, 2019

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Well, yeah. Regardless of how much some fans moan about their team, they always seem to keep watching them.

My dad is still a big Leeds fan (don't ask) despite them being in the championship for a long time. When he was growing up, they were very successful. Once you support a team, your heart should stay with them forever.
  27. Oct 9, 2019

Loon Full Member

Always. Happened before.
  28. Oct 9, 2019

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته Staff

Don't talk unless you can improve the silence
    I actually really enjoyed the football and atmosphere last time we got relegated.
  29. Oct 9, 2019

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته Staff

Don't talk unless you can improve the silence
    We're not getting relegated.
  30. Oct 9, 2019

Blades1889 New Member

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    It's fine to disagree with problems at your club but to read that people would just completely give up is a bit crazy. Of course it'd be an incredible downfall if Man Utd were to get relegated with the money they have but that's still the side you chose to support.
  31. Oct 9, 2019

alexthelion New Member

Law didn't send us down, we were relegated anyway :rolleyes:

Seen us relegated before, if it happens again it happens. true fans will stick with their team through thick and thin.
  32. Oct 9, 2019

alexthelion New Member

How can you be surprised, supporting a football club is in the blood. You're either a fan or not, there's no in between.

We've been down before and, no doubt, will be again in the future and no amount of entitled little brats calling themselves a "supporter" will change that.
  33. Oct 9, 2019

alexthelion New Member

I would certainly hope the club is being run as a business, I don't want to see them go bust.

What I'm not happy with is the internal structure but there's nothing I can personally do about that.

I will always support United. I've supported them for 50+ years and I will continue until I die. It's not a choice, you're either a fan or you're not.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  34. Oct 9, 2019

EvilChuck Full Member

I'd probably start supporting Man City. Same city as United so its not like changing too much, just the one word when people ask what team I support.

Or maybe Liverpool. They also play in red so i wouldnt have to redecorate my bedroom too much.

Whichever one of those is doing best at the end of the season really
  35. Oct 10, 2019

Jezpeza Full Member

i think we have too much quality To go down and will sack ole if results continue. However, on statistics, we are bottom 3 if you start the table when he got the permanent job. And, the year chelsea came tenth after joses disaster start they had 8 points from 8 games. We have 9 from 8, similar territory. I think top 6 is already gone
  36. Oct 10, 2019

Amadaeus Pochettino's mother

Supports:
    Mauricio Pochettino
    Yea, but surely fans would rather see their club succeed and one way to do that is through protest if things are going badly. I m not one of those top reds that will say keep Ole and because he is a United legend, I will be content if he gets us relegated. He knows United and all the other legends like Scholes, Keane, Neville, are all supporting him. So as a top red, so should I!!!

I m a fan that wants attractive football here at United. I will not be submissive to having a yes man that knows the United way as our manager at the cost of us doing really poorly. :mad:
  37. Oct 10, 2019

NewGlory New Member

Please stop with the "cycles" nonsense. We are not talking about weather patterns here. Current state of United has EVERYTHING to do with the ownership and the nepotistic, ignorant board. Have you even looked at who is on the board currently? It's Glazers this, Glazer that…, and a couple of their accountants. None of these people know ANYTHING about football. Neither do they care - they are simple leeches. And so is Woodward, who took every bit of soul from this wonderful club.

How many of you have wondered if the demise of the club began with SAF leaving, or maybe it's the opposite - maybe he left because he saw the shit-show that was starting with the departure of David Gill and the accession of Woodward?

There are very clear reasons why we are where we are and it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with "cycles". It has everything to do with the board and with Woodward.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  38. Oct 10, 2019

msra5kg2 New Member

Attend...no. No chance I’m giving the Glazers further income for lack of investment in our club.
    Watch...absolutely. Might see us win a game, week in week out.

Will this happen? No.
  39. Oct 10, 2019

simplyared Full Member

Your right! I checked it out. We would have gone down anyway based on the results from other games. Obviously a misconception for many. He's still the King!
  40. Oct 10, 2019

Mickson Full Member

Why are we even discussing this? Of course I would (and you should too!) We don't support Manchester United because they're good. We support Manchester United because we love them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.