Would you support another club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

The People's President
A lot people being economical with the truth, there's not one person on here who's not considering jumping ship.

Monger

This has to be a wind-up thread? People are trolling

jasT1981

I already do support Orlando City. But as for changing from Utd to another club? Not a chance, no matter how bad it gets I stick by Utd. The problem with our fan base, especially the younger ones is they have never experienced Utd lower than 7th in the table. 11th in 86 & 88 and 13th in 1990 is what I remember, at at least 2 of those were under SAF.

I am sure some here remember 1974.

I always knew through the success in the 90s and 00s that there would be a day we were not on top again. We went 26 years without a title and Liverpool went 30 without one. Football changes and you don't stay on top forever. The emergence of mass money in football has made things more competitive too.

We'll be back, these times are stressful but we will pull through, eventually.

Last edited:

Smores

A lot people being economical with the truth, there's not one person on here who's not considering jumping ship.
Yeah but those people are just waiting to see Ole's next club before they decide whether to go with him or not.

simmee

Could we have a vote on which club we switch to and then change the caf as well? Would like to keep all my smart friends from the football forum.

justsomebloke

If the board doesn't sack Ole and keeps running it the way they are?
I'm amazed you would even consider that a question worth asking. Of course not. If I could contemplate any other answer to that than "no", then I could not consider myself to have ever been a United supporter.

Also lads, have some fecking perspective. You think what we're going through now represents some sort of extreme degree of suffering? What do you think it's like to support Southampton or Palace, with the height of desperate hope being a Carabao Cup once every two decades, or maybe a sensational seventh place finish? "The basic condition of the football fan is one of bitter disappointment", as Nick Hornby put it. We're getting that now, but we've had a diet of success the fans of most other clubs would give their right arm for. Of course we are a big club and must aim higher, but when people start talking about not being able to support the club after a few miserable weeks, they seriously need to get a grip. Even though presumably a lot of you are just taking the piss.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You say that, but I only started supporting United because they happened to be nearby and my family liked them.

What's to stop me using the little wisdom I've developed over time and making an informed choice?

People switch from Xbox to PlayStation and vice versa, so what's to stop me supporting a different club?

justsomebloke

You say that, but I only started supporting United because they happened to be nearby and my family liked them.

What's to stop me using the little wisdom I've developed over time and making an informed choice?

People switch from Xbox to PlayStation and vice versa, so what's to stop me supporting a different club?
That's being a little too obvious with the trolling.

Anyway, supporting a football team has nothing to do with "making an informed choice". Unless you're a local, the choice of team is mostly essentially totally arbitary. I can't even remember why I started supporting United. What matters is that once you have, it builds up significance over the years. And there's not really any turning back, once you're past the wobbly childhood phase. "Informed" doesn't enter into it.

Bobade

The funny thing is that this is obviously a wind up thread, but some of the posts don't seem like they are WUMming

Maverick_19

I have been a member of this forum for almost 20 years. I really don't post much but I read most of the threads. In my almost 20 years this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.