Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's a game of opinions. With the talent we have, I honestly think he would. As it is, there is 0% chance Ole is winning us the league.
Exactly it's easy to say but I don't know how anyone talks with such certainty particularly after the last 8 years.

Also saying someone won't win it is far easier to get right than predicting someone will, such is the competition.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Well that certainly sounds promising. If he likes autonomy then he’ll certainly get it at Manchester United.
I knew modern day football management saf like coaches won t survive. Fans don't have patience and management forced to change. Yes patience is important but misplaced trust and patience also pretty bad.

Conte if you trust him fully he will deliver you trophies. He knew the coaching knew know how and also connect with fans passionately.

I didnt know about him when he managed other clubs but at Chelsea him and Costa clashed and he wanted him go away from team. He wanted lukaku vandijk and Vidal he got morata rudiger and bakayoko.

Yes Costa was big miss but he went to uncontrollable mode. After winning league he wanted to upgrade team but Chelsea didn't allow it. It was downfall for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, the style of football is dull under Ole but I don't want to replace that with another manager who's football I personally also find dull. The biggest issue though is even if the style of football doesn't matter as much to a fan, we don't have the squad for the system he plays.
With Conte we'd play on the counter against the the likes of Guardiola which I want us to get away from and bring in a coach who attempts to exert control over the opposition. His record in the CL is also pretty poor imo and no way is he on the same level as Guardiola and Klopp who have both been succesful domestically and in Europe whilst playing a proactive brand of football.

And to answer someone else's query about Conte leaving his previous clubs in a state, isn't true because at Juve and Inter he had Beppe Marotta which helped Allegri and now Inzaghi, because Marotta is the one overseeing things.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I knew modern day football management saf like coaches won t survive. Fans don't have patience and management forced to change. Yes patience is important but misplaced trust and patience also pretty bad.

Conte if you trust him fully he will deliver you trophies. He knew the coaching knew know how and also connect with fans passionately.

I didnt know about him when he managed other clubs but at Chelsea him and Costa clashed and he wanted him go away from team. He wanted lukaku vandijk and Vidal he got morata rudiger and bakayoko.

Yes Costa was big miss but he went to uncontrollable mode. After winning league he wanted to upgrade team but Chelsea didn't allow it. It was downfall for him.
SAF like coaches have always been an anomaly. I don't know why people seem to think that longevity has ever been the norm.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's just a more attacking Mourinho, and he's every bit as toxic. We might win a couple of trophies but we'd be facing another big rebuild job after he's gone.
Better a rebuild with a couple of trophies, then an never-ending rebuild without even challenging for the trophies.

Hawks2008

I get that he probably wouldn't be a long term kind of appointment but I feel like with where the squad is at this isnt a rebuild job anymore. When I look at the players we have that are in or entering the 'prime' years I reckon the time to win is in the next 2-3 seasons and a guy like Conte is honestly a good option while we're ready to compete.

stevoc

Dull football, would want to switch formation leading to another squad overhaul and buying players for the short term. And he's a bit of a cock.

So it's a firm no from me.

DoomSlayer

Dull football, would want to switch formation leading to another squad overhaul and buying players for the short term. And he's a bit of a cock.

So it's a firm no from me.
Nice imagination, I'm sure you talked with Conte about it and he told you how he will want to sell and buy 22 players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If we appointed Conte it would show a complete lack of foresight and planning.

Unlike many others on this thread, I highly rate Conte. He is one of the best coaches in the world IMO. However, he plays 352 and our squad has no wingbacks and a bunch of inside forwards. It's a poor fit. It's like giving a violinist a piano and saying: 'Go on, play.'

If/when we move on from Ole it's gotta be for a coach that suits the squad we have. Rather than the squad either they or we would like to have.

The starting point for any managerial search should be: Can they demonstrably coach a 4231 system?

Last edited:

Devil may care

With Conte we'd play on the counter against the the likes of Guardiola which I want us to get away from and bring in a coach who attempts to exert control over the opposition. His record in the CL is also pretty poor imo and no way is he on the same level as Guardiola and Klopp who have both been succesful domestically and in Europe whilst playing a proactive brand of football.
Agreed, he's another pragmatic coach, Conte is much more tactically astute than Ole but like you I want us to get a coach that approaches every game progressively.

RUCK4444

You must be taking the piss if you are saying the only 2 managers better than Ole are Klopp and Guardiola. :houllier:
That’s not my point at all. People want the next Klopp or Pep but there’s never any mention of who that manager is.

Its just ‘oh yeah sack Ole’ but then they don’t follow up with who they think we should hire.

We could do nothing worse than sack Ole right now and not have a ready improvement ready to step straight in.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed, he's another pragmatic coach, Conte is much more tactically astute than Ole but like you I want us to get a coach that approaches every game progressively.
I remember many discussions on here about people wanting us to appoint a coach who understood the demands of the modern game and implemented a progressive style. And to then turn around and appoint Conte would be a bad move that would lack foresight imo.

DoomSlayer

That’s not my point at all. People want the next Klopp or Pep but there’s never any mention of who that manager is.

Its just ‘oh yeah sack Ole’ but then they don’t follow up with who they think we should hire.

We could do nothing worse than sack Ole right now and not have a ready improvement ready to step straight in.
I've seen at least 5 viable candidates being mentioned and I'm sure I've missed a lot more good suggestions along the way.

You are talking nonsense, you have been dismissing every manager and finding negatives about them, so on the outside it looks like in your opinion, only Klopp and Pep are better managers than Ole.

RUCK4444

You really think there's is no upgrade on Ole? There are quite a number, we just need to choose the one that suits our players. We should only stick with Ole this season until our objectives are getting out of reach.
No that wasn’t my point, my point was who.

Names like Conte and Zidane don’t exactly excite us and with good reason, good manager though Conte is. They aren’t the right fit.

If people demand he leave I feel they should have a name in mind as a replacement, otherwise I don’t think they’ve come to the decision rationally.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I just have questions about him that I find concerning

Does he suit the players we have?

Is him being a drama queen going to affect the players negatively or positively?
The players under LvG and Mou didn't react well to their antics

Are we still going to have exciting transfers if he's here?

Does he know how to integrate youth?

RUCK4444

I've seen at least 5 viable candidates being mentioned and I'm sure I've missed a lot more good suggestions along the way.

You are talking nonsense, you have been dismissing every manager and finding negatives about them, so on the outside it looks like in your opinion, only Klopp and Pep are better managers than Ole.
Which managers have I been finding negatives with? I said Conte and Zidane are not a right fit here, most agree with this.

Don’t get defensive becuase you have no plan outside of ‘sack Ole.’

DoomSlayer

Which managers have I been finding negatives with? I said Conte and Zidane are not a right fit here, most agree with this.

Don’t get defensive becuase you have no plan outside of ‘sack Ole.’
See, you like playing this dismissive game. Both Conte and Zidane are levels above Ole in terms of managerial qualities. Just because you are delusional, that doesn't change the reality of things.

Pintu

If we appointed Conte it would show a complete lack of foresight and planning.

Unlike many others on this thread, I highly rate Conte. He is one of the best coaches in the world IMO. However, he plays 352 and our squad has no wingbacks and a bunch of inside forwards. It's a poor fit. It's like giving a violinist a piano and saying: 'Go on, play.'

If/when we move on from Ole it's gotta be for a coach that suits the squad we have. Rather than the squad either they or we would like to have.

The starting point for any managerial search should be: Can they demonstrably coach a 4231 system?
He won the PL with Moses as a wingbak. I think he can make it work with Shaw/Dalot/AWB.

But it is not true he is a fanatical 352. He played with 4 at the back in his career when he had good enough squads. It depedens what he has at his disposal.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2011793--real-madrid-vs-juventus/
https://fr.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2011817--juventus-vs-real-madrid/

Here you see the lineup against Ancelotti's Real that ended up winning the UCL in 2014. Both games he sets up in some sort of hybrid 442/433 using the versatility of Tevez & Marchisio.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wins titles wherever he goes but the caf don’t want him because he isn’t nice enough. You couldn’t make it up. The same people who idolise one of the nastiest most ruthless winners in the history of football management.

The fanbase has changed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Jesus Christ no. Does anyone even remember how he plays? It's fine to want a new manager, but one that doesn't fit at all with the squad we have, or the vision of football most people want, it's ridiculous he's even a candidate for some people. On top of that he's a giant prick.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

And to answer someone else's query about Conte leaving his previous clubs in a state, isn't true because at Juve and Inter he had Beppe Marotta which helped Allegri and now Inzaghi, because Marotta is the one overseeing things.
Squad is a major issue. He is a big fan of 352 and we just don't have it with us. Lot of players for that 2 position as well.

Ten Hag or Zidane would be my choice. Hassenhuttl, Potter, Enrique would also be good.

Rajma

He would me my first choice and anyone comparing him to Jose basically spouting lazy shit without any type of knowledge. He’s very hands on type of coach in training sessions working on patterns and many details while Jose wants his players to figure it out themselves. Given his passion he would instantly click with the fans as well and have players go to the war with him, oh and he’s ruthless.

bond19821982

Wins titles wherever he goes but the caf don’t want him because he isn’t nice enough. You couldn’t make it up. The same people who idolise one of the nastiest most ruthless winners in the history of football management.

The fanbase has changed.
He plays 352 normally. Tell me how will he fit the squad .

RUCK4444

See, you like playing this dismissive game. Both Conte and Zidane are levels above Ole in terms of managerial qualities. Just because you are delusional, that doesn't change the reality of things.
It’s not purely about managerial ability, you must have missed the years under LVG and Mourinho who are nailed on better managers than Ole (well at least I’m sure you believe they are because you tell us how Ole is clearly inept.)

It has to be the right fit, Zidane doesn’t even seem to have any interest in managing away from Madrid, Conte is a good manager but will self destruct after likely taking us in an entirely different direction on the footballing side.

All I’m asking is if you form an opinion at least have the decency to have a game plan before you preach to the world we have to sack our manager immediately.

I’m not here saying Ole is the best manager outside of Klopp or Pep, but I’m also not here telling everyone we should sack him either. You are. So enlighten us noble one.

DoomSlayer

It’s not purely about managerial ability, you must have missed the years under LVG and Mourinho who are nailed on better managers than Ole (well at least I’m sure you believe they are because you tell us how Ole is clearly inept.)

It has to be the right fit, Zidane doesn’t even seem to have any interest in managing away from Madrid, Conte is a good manager but will self destruct after likely taking us in an entirely different direction on the footballing side.

All I’m asking is if you form an opinion at least have the decency to have a game plan before you preach to the world we have to sack our manager immediately.

I’m not here saying Ole is the best manager outside of Klopp or Pep, but I’m also not here telling everyone we should sack him either. You are. So enlighten us noble one.
You're a delusional fanboy, please start thinking rationally before trying to have a go at me. If you can't read, learn how to read and comprehend.

Other posters have given enough possible candidates, I'm not going back and forth with you and your delusions, because you sound like a broken record.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Your team very well suit 3-5-2 as good as 3-4-3.Varane as sweeper defender with lindelof and Maguire in left and right. He used one attacking wing back and defensive one. He can make lingard as wide right wing back and Shaw or rashford left wing back.

Midfield he easily could use three of your Bruno Pogba mctominay/fred to work it out with Ronaldo cavani sancho Greenwood martial for front two spot.

All pep klopp teams find that winning combo by five offense five defends combo mate. Nobody will play 7 at attack during transition and that will be suicidal in this league. So yeah he can work 3-5-2 3-4-3 with your squad.

E-mal

Why cant we go for coaches who play good football and win?
Break the bank for Enrique or even Mancini as far as am conerned.

bond19821982

Your team very well suit 3-5-2 as good as 3-4-3.Varane as sweeper defender with lindelof and Maguire in left and right. He used one attacking wing back and defensive one. He can make lingard as wide right wing back and Shaw or rashford left wing back.

Midfield he easily could use three of your Bruno Pogba mctominay/fred to work it out with Ronaldo cavani sancho Greenwood martial for front two spot.
Sorry, Rashford isn't a wing back.
Just because he has work rate doesn't mean we can slot him as a wing back.

We have Sancho, Rashford,Mason, Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno for the front 2 positions. We don't have a right wing back either.

Revan

Assumptionman
I just have questions about him that I find concerning

Does he suit the players we have?

Is him being a drama queen going to affect the players negatively or positively?
The players under LvG and Mou didn't react well to their antics

Are we still going to have exciting transfers if he's here?

Does he know how to integrate youth?
1) He doesn’t only play 3-5-2. In Juve’s first two seasons he played 4-2-4 for example. But even 3-5-2 probably suits us. Lindelof, Varane and Maguire are all comfortable with the ball, Dalot and Shaw as wing backs. One of McFred, Pogba and Bruno in midfield, with Ronaldo and Rashford up front. Cavani and Greenwood to backup them, with Sancho to backup Bruno. Nothing wrong with this formation.

2) He is a drama Queen but not with players and fans. His problems have always been with the owners, but even when he went into meltdown mode, his team was fully behind him and in case of Inter, won the title.

3) I do not think he is great at transfers.

4) I do not think that he cares much about integrating young players in the team. But then, neither does Ole (only Greenwood from our academy in 3 years).

Other questions:

Does he know how to win titles: Won the league with Juve (they had not won a title for 5 years before him), Chelsea and Inter.

Does he leave strong squads when he is off? Juve went to win the league another 5 times in a row after he left, Chelsea won FA Cup and UCL within 3 seasons despite sabotaging themselves with Lampard for 1.5 seasons, and Inter look strong currently.

Is he good in Europe? So far, no. That is his biggest weakness.

Does he play attractive football? Not particularly but far better than Ole.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He’s a world class manager. He’d utilise a system to get the best out of the players we have. A 352 with Pogba & Bruno in front of Matic could work. With CR7 & Rashford up front. We’d have the extra protection of another centre back. He also utilised a 3-4-3 at Chelsea. He’s played with 4 at the back numerous times anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why cant we go for coaches who play good football and win?
Break the bank for Enrique or even Mancini as far as am conerned.
Mancini hasn’t won a domestic title since 2012. He has managed Galatasary and Zenit St Petersburg since then. :lol:

mu4c_20le

He’s a world class manager. He’d utilise a system to get the best out of the players we have. A 352 with Pogba & Bruno in front of Matic could work. With CR7 & Rashford up front. We’d have the extra protection of another centre back. He also utilised a 3-4-3 at Chelsea. He’s played with 4 at the back numerous times anyway.
Rashford doesn't work up front, he plays best on the left. And we would need to drop Sancho and Greenwood with this formation.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Rashford doesn't work up front, he plays best on the left. And we would need to drop Sancho and Greenwood with this formation.
Rashford up front in a 2 has always worked very well whenever it’s been tried. The pace of Rashford getting in behind would work well with Ronaldo, Cavani, Martial or Greenwood. I think Rashford would be essential to make a 352 work.

The biggest drawback to a 352 would be it’s either wing back or bench for Sancho.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry, Rashford isn't a wing back.
Just because he has work rate doesn't mean we can slot him as a wing back.

We have Sancho, Rashford,Mason, Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno for the front 2 positions. We don't have a right wing back either.
So why we are not coach but Conte is. Wing backs not always to defend in some systems full backs itself because Liverpool fullbacks rarely defend well but midfield give them the protection. You wanted your team to win you need to Create competition for every one for spots.

Nobody said Moses or Alonso defend well either. But he worked it out and won league and fa cup with them too. Now you are saying your squad not fit. May be Conte has other ideas.

Blood Mage

Better a rebuild with a couple of trophies, then an never-ending rebuild without even challenging for the trophies.
That's true. I'd just rather we appointed a more innovative manager who can bring new ideas to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.