• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I don't think our board will go for anyone sadly. Woodward won't be thinking of a new manager now he is leaving shortly and if Richard Arnold as expected takes over i don't see him looking to change anything quickly.

The only things I've heard about Arnold are he is similar to Ed and has more interest in Rugby League than football
Yeah I fear you are bang on and sadly can see this leading to us losing our top players as a result

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If OGS goes to 3 at the back, we should sack him immediately for Conte since at least the Italian Mounrinho knows how to implement that system (and OGS knows how to implement not a single one based on the three years he's been here).

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I actually think Conte’s energy and guile would be great with this current Utd squad.

I think he’d relish taking on City and Liverpool and would get to them.

I think many are writing him off because it didn’t work out with Mourinho. But Conte would be a much better fit I think.

Utd shouldn’t have ‘nice’, likeable managers - don’t forget that.

RomfordRed75

I'd take absolutely anyone at the moment instead of this clueless clown we have in charge

marktan

No. It'd be the same situation as now in 2 years time. Go watch how Inter looked in the CL in the last 2 years under Cone to see how they played.

We need to look beyond the Mourinho, Conte types.

Dante

Average bang
United have zero defensive organisation when we're hit on the counter. Conte would fix straight away.

He wouldn't even need to change anything about our attack. Just let them keep doing what they're doing. We've created lots of chances this season with our stars, and more possession would automatically increase that number anyway.

But a defensive coach like Conte is the solution to this.

Sviken

United have zero defensive organisation when we're hit on the counter. Conte would fix straight away.

He wouldn't even need to change anything about our attack. Just let them keep doing what they're doing. We've created lots of chances this season with our stars, and more possession would automatically increase that number anyway.

But a defensive coach like Conte is the solution to this.
This has nothing to do with the players. It's a myth. It's a coaching issue. Our players look like a bunch of lads from the pub that just met each other to play Sunday night football at the local pitch. Conte would 100% fix this issue, no doubt in my mind about that. But this board, I just can't anymore. They'll keep Ole until eveything is lost and we have nothing to play for. United DNA and Way and all that nonsensical shit. Sigh... we're the most incompetently run club in the world. Period.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ideally we would get Ten Hag.
Yeah, seems all the Caf want him. I'm in that boat too. But he won't sack off Ajax midseason to join this shitshow now, so who is going to allow us to sack Ole immediately and keep the seat warm until summer?

Dante

Average bang
Ideally we would get Ten Hag.
Conte is better suited to this squad and the way the individuals naturally play.

Ten Hag would be another major shift in style like it was from Moyes to LvG, or LvG to Mourinho. United can't afford to wait years going through another rebuilding process. That would require not only time, but also loads of money for new players in the Ajax mould.

We need a manager who has defensive organisational experience, who's not afraid to build a team that's centred around individuals, and who's ready right now now to turn this team around.

LuckyScout78

Bring Conte and Milan Škriniar ASAP are mine best recommendation. I just say : United need to bring fear factor back to their defend. And Milan Škriniar will help a lot. Conte and Skriniar are what United need to make a solid and strong defend.

Im so tired of the so call ball playing CB. Bring some fear factor back please. Some Stam, Vidic, Lucio or I would take a peak Ramos, Pepe. And Barca Puyol or Cannavaro. That is what kind of CB United are missing and need.

For CBs. Defend come first. Defend win you title. Milan Škriniar and even Bailly can pass the ball from them to midfield players. Top level CB are not average or poor with the ball. Highest level of CB. Common , they are near football every day.

You can train and rise your ball skills. But it’s harder to develop a character and personality. For some CB. They just have that authority aura, dominance and fear factor by them. And the mindset, will help the full packet a lot. Important and key player. All over the line.

United defend and CM definitely need questions mark over them. Beside the manager who organizes them.

DomM

honestly, I think most people could do a better job than Ole and his clowns, but he'll yeah, let's give Conte a go.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
With Zidane seemingly not keen and Ten Hag employed, Conte seems like the default option. And looking at the shambles of our defense, perhaps he’s just what we need.

I cannot stand the 5-3-2 however. Has he played with four at the back anytime in his career?

The_Midfielder

Conte is better suited to this squad and the way the individuals naturally play.

Ten Hag would be another major shift in style like it was from Moyes to LvG, or LvG to Mourinho. United can't afford to wait years going through another rebuilding process. That would require not only time, but also loads of money for new players in the Ajax mould.

We need a manager who has defensive organisational experience, who's not afraid to build a team that's centred around individuals, and who's ready right now now to turn this team around.
This.. has to. be conte with the talent we have

Roboc7

Think if he wants the job it’s his, wouldn’t be my choice in an ideal world but given there is very little to build on he’s probably better suited to the job rather than someone more progressive.

Who ever comes in has to accomodate an immobile Ronaldo, Lazy work shy players like Rashford and Greenwood, pub players like Maguire/shaw/lindeloff.

I have no clue who can get this team performing.

Dan_F

Still no. Someone at the club needs to actually have a vision and come up with a plan of how to get there. Bouncing from manager to manager is not going to work.

EtH

Absolutely not.
At least the majority are still seeing sense according to the poll. Why would we be interested in such a toxic personality who has done sweet feck all in the CL. His appointment would signal that absolutely nothing has changed at the executive level of the club.

Mcking

This has probably been discussed to an extent before, but with Solskjaer arguably closer to the sack than he has ever been, and Conte one of the names on many lips as things stand, I wish to discuss the concerns around a potential appointment.

Looking at Conte's record with his past three clubs, he's been successful, but has not stayed for too long at any of the clubs, and things ended sorely at each club, certainly in his last two. It is true his track record doesn't paint him as one for the long-term, and his tendency to fall out with people around his club is something for most clubs to worry about when appointing him, but is it something our club, in our current situation should really be worrying about?

I understand it is fantastic when you stumble on a manager who is good and will be there for the long haul, but I don't think that should be a criteria that should be seriously considered for a club of our standing when making a managerial appointment especially with the squad we have found ourselves with. I can understand the likes of Borussia Dortmund and Leipzig doing it because meticulous planning and smarts is probably the only way they can keep up with the clubs who spend much more than them, but Manchester United?

We have a squad - obviously with it's weaknesses, but arguably close to, if not ready to compete for the big titles, what are we thinking long-term for, why do we need a project? Are we going to start competing when the likes of Pogba, Ronaldo and Cavani are no longer here? If we are going to be waiting for a few years just to compete under each manager, then why have we been spending so much? I'm not arguing that structures shouldn't be put in place for smooth transitions between players and the continuous improvement of the squad, but why should the possibility of a manager not staying for more than a few years or not warming up to some members of the squad put us off from that particular manager?

Considering the amount we spend every window and the fact we will keep spending every window, surely the target should be to maximize our resources every given season. The managers we wish to appoint should be made to understand that, and if the manager looks like one good enough to do that, then surely, how long he will be staying at the club is not a matter of serious concern - when he fails, there will be other managers out here. The potential damage a manager appointed for the long haul could cause is much bigger than one that could be caused by a manager appointed to come in and win straightaway. With Conte, we can remove him without much hesitation if it doesn't work out, but with the long-term idea, we have to give him a few years, and if it still doesn't work out, then how does that benefit anyone?

I have seen quite a few mention how a Conte would leave our squad in a worse state than it is now, but even if it does happen, how much would it really hurt the club? Juventus won six straight titles after he left them, Chelsea and Inter Milan aren't doing too bad either. I just think we need to be much more ruthless, decisive and straightforward with our managerial appointments from now, certainly with the squad we have been able to get to. We needed the likes of Ralf Rangnick and Ten Haag when Mourinho left. They could still do a good job, but we don't need them now as much as we need Antonio Conte.

Real Name

Still no. Someone at the club needs to actually have a vision and come up with a plan of how to get there. Bouncing from manager to manager is not going to work.
Chelsea seem to be doing nicely with that tactic.

Real Name

At least the majority are still seeing sense according to the poll. Why would we be interested in such a toxic personality who has done sweet feck all in the CL. His appointment would signal that absolutely nothing has changed at the executive level of the club.
CL?
Forget about CL, we need someone to do good in the league first.

Mainoldo

So no to one of the best managers in world football. Nothing in the Champs league? Explain to me what team he had that should of won the Champions league?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Don't want him anywhere near utd. He's a drama queen of the highest order not to mention he doesn't know how to rotate players.

Status
Not open for further replies.