Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

For next season:

Greenwood

Rashford-------------Sancho

Shaw------Brozovic---- Rice------- Laird

Varane---Maguire---Lindelof

DDG
Or Ronaldo (if he stays) and Bruno for Rashford and Greenwood.

Highfather_24

Laird can actually be a decent backup at RWB for Conte tbh. He's doing well on loan.

Imagine if Conte comes in and plays a 4-3-3 though :lol:

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Predicted 1st Team under Conte:

Ronaldo Greenwood

Shaw Pogba Fernandes Fred McT

Maguire Varane Lindelof

DDG

2nd Team:

Rashford Cavani

Telles Lingard Matic DVB AWB

Maguire Varane Bailly

Hendo​

Last edited:

Wilt

The more I think about it Conte seems the right choice. He’s a top manager, a winner and very capable of winning the Prem with this squad.

Problem being the board want a kiss arse, yes man.

hobbers

First thing I think Conte would do is replace AWB in January and look to beef up his midfield options.

AussieDevil

I fully believe that by the end of November, Conte will be our manager.

Who do we think his first signing will be ?

CeKay

" Conte will leave players and club that no one else can manage "

Common guys, isn't this something that Sir Alex was doing, fringe players that no other club would use but he was dominating the league!

::sonny::

Really funny, they already created a squad

Antonio Conte 'identifies nine players' to build Man Utd team around - Harry Maguire out

New reports from Italy now claim Conte has identified nine players he could build a United team around.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the nine players are Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba, Raphael Varane, Alex Telles, Bruno Fernandes, Anthony Martial, Jadon Sancho, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/antonio-conte-identifies-nine-players-25321249

croadyman

The more I think about it Conte seems the right choice. He’s a top manager, a winner and very capable of winning the Prem with this squad.

Problem being the board want a kiss arse, yes man.
Yeah clear as day the board are burnt by the Mourinho experience and think Conte will be someone they can't control again

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep knew the simple understand. You stick to Rashford , Ronaldo, Greenwood and Bruno.

Then wondering why we don’t win trophies :lol:

Some people just fail to educate themselves but be angry with CEO’s like Woodward and Arnold
:lol:

big_black_dog

Hes the most appropriate attacking in a crap system winning nothing.

He’s nomore creative than Jordan Henderson or Ander Herrera from open play. Like Rashford, Ronaldo and Greenwood his first thought is to shoot when he is 20 yards or closer from goal.

This is why I say we need balance. Jadon Sancho or Martial is required in this formation as there first thought isn’t to shoot but to create. The same for Jesse Lingard. I have no issue with Bruno playing. But he cannot play with Rashford and Ronaldo in the same team.

Does that make sense now? Also note I said ‘open play’ in my comparison.

Yeah either of Matic or Fred can be dropped but the balance works as you have a presser in Fred and someone who can distribute play whilst also having good defensive attributes in Matic. So the pairing is well thought out too. But you could swap either for Donny. To get Pogba in I think you’d need a 3 and two up top. Which Bruno could also play at a SS like he does now.
C'mon now..
Open Play, close play, shit system whatever, Bruno is far more creative than Jordan Henderson and Ander...

Son

Remove Bruno? Really? Maybe move him from there but not out of the team.
I prefer Pogba to Bruno personally. Better footballer all round and probably fits Conte’s style more in a 3.

Bruno is a ridiculously effective player if used right but also very wasteful. Pogba when protected to me is a no brainer in almost any side in the world.

Mainoldo

C'mon now..
Open Play, close play, shit system whatever, Bruno is far more creative than Jordan Henderson and Ander...
It sounds over the top. But I think it’s just obvious he doesn’t have the football brain of a true creator. I’m talking your Sneijder’s, Ozil’s. His output is very good, he’s a good finisher.. But I’m talking about being a pure creator he’s not that.

It’s not a coincidence his output has dropped playing with all these shooters up top and it’s not like he’s creating for them now is he. He wants to shoot too.

Lukinho

Its really hard at the moment. I never want United to lose but I want Conte in as soon as possible. Its going to be a weird watch on Saturday. Stil hope we win

Mcking

Predicted 1st Team under Conte:

Ronaldo Greenwood

Shaw Pogba Fernandes Fred McT

Maguire Varane Lindelof

DDG

2nd Team:

Rashford Cavani

Telles Lingard Matic DVB AWB

Maguire Varane Bailly

Hendo​
De Gea
Varane Maguire CB
DM
AWB Bruno Pogba Shaw
Ronaldo Rashford

Rudiger seems to be in a contract standoff with Chelsea. The kind of bastard we need in that backline. Spend big on a DM, and we are golden.

Real Name

It's not romanticism, mate. As I stated in my previous post, he is out most productive attacking player so far this season, and by some distance. I wouldn't drop any player if that was the case. If Fred or Matic were producing those numbers they would be undroppable too. I would also argue that in a 3 5 2 you don't need two holding midfielders so one of Matic or Fred should be dropped.
Hey man, educate yourself!

Real Name

He's an elite manager, we need an elite manager at the moment, no two ways about it.

Of course we can have dream about Ten Hag and who knows maybe board is thinking about him but I dont find it realistic.

Swedish_Plumber

Would be the smart choice but I doubt the board does anything. We’ll probably win the next 3 games and absolutely everything about the season so far will be forgotten and mediocracy will continue to be accepted.

Ole has done well to rebuild and is sadly not going to take us further but everything above him in the club needs changed too, they’re utterly useless.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Imagine going for Mourinho when Conte is available.
Imagine going for Solskjaer when Conte is available.
Imagine going for Rodgers when Conte is available.

It is beyond stupid.

sugar_kane

Coming round to this slightly, but think this is probably a mixture of desperation and all the recent brainwashing articles this week which have been clearly fuelled by his PR team.

BorisManUtd

I fully believe that by the end of November, Conte will be our manager.,
Who do we think his first signing will be ?
I don't know who'll be his first signing if he is to come, but I hope it happens as early as January. Maybe unrealistic to get a quality player in January but that would certanily improve us for second part of the season.

If I was to guess his first signing, it would probably be Brozović from Inter.

Highfather_24

Most of our players probably will raise their game this weekend as they dont want Conte. Because with Conte in charge, they are not getting away with half assed performances. No more ambling around on the pitch at their 60-70%.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

They're speaking to the author of the same Athletic piece I posted, though you need to be a patreon subscriber to hear.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
On a 2 year contract if there aren't better options like Ten Hag i'd take him.

GreatDane

I would take Conte in a heartbeat (or Ten Hag).
I don't buy the whole Mourinho v2, seems that his falling outs have been due to proken promises or bad boards.

And even if he were to be a v2 Mou, then this time at least we are to get Prime Mou and not the aged molded Mou we got last time.

lilcurt

I am sorry worried we will manage to get points against Spurs and they will sack Nuno and convince Conte. I actually wonder if the club are hoping that happens.

He is the first choice for the club but the wrong choice for the non-ambitious board.

Never have I ever been so conflicted going into a United game and I blame the board for that. Making me feel the club's needs to be in the absolute gutter for change to be realised.

Ixion

When I read reports the board are worried about him and desperately want Poch then it makes me think Conte is the kind of manager we need. Jose had his meltdown because the board wouldn't make the signings he wanted, I'd rather another manager that knows what he wants and has standards than a yes man.

Kaos

I wanted Enrique or Ten Hag but looks like neither of those will happen, so changing my vote to a yes. Will be nice actually winning games we're supposed to be winning and remembering what clean sheets are.

Status
Not open for further replies.