Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Changed my vote to a yes. After the disgrace of a presser today and the fact we are scared of appointing him, it just means he's the man we need.

Enough of mediocrity, let's see what someone proven can do.

Highfather_24

The two reasons board gave that they dont want him :

- Because he's not a yes man
- Because they are cheapskates

Nice.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He's a fecking nutjob who shouldn't be anywhere our club. So no, it's not stupid at all.
Ask the fans or players either at Bari, Siena, Juve or Inter. I think they in unison would disagree strongly. Maybe some Chelsea-fans would agree? I’m not to sure. He did win the two biggest english titles during his two seasons there.

Owners at Juve/Chelsea might disagree too. But it is not really important for me to «protect» Glazer/Woodward.

And most important? He is a genius of a coach!

Rajma

Basically, if we gonna keep getting pounded we won’t be able to wait for the summer to get their yes men in Rodgers or Poch.

Sviken

Basically, if we gonna keep getting pounded we won’t be able to wait for the summer to get their yes men in Rodgers or Poch.
What's funny to me is that their desire for a "yes man" has made them spent half a billion over 3 years, but they wouldn't appoint a guy who's made great teams on a modest budget... Genius level of club management right there

jamesjimmybyrondean

I dont think it's majorly about looking for a yes man. I think Ole has successfully sold the idea of a United way to the club. And the club thinks Rodgers and Pochettino are ahead of Conte in terms of who is more in line with following the United way (youth development and playing exciting football). We also adopted a new recruitment structure under Ole that has had a decent success rate and Rodgers and Pochettino will be able to work under that structure. While Conte in the transfer window is similar to Mourinho and Van Gaal in demands and control which the club didn't work well with.
I don't think it's hard to see why the club is hesitant with Conte. Ignoring him in favour of Rodgers or Pochettino would be foolish though

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I've just read an article about him in The Athletic and changed my answer to yes.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

I can see “Can a loss be win “ thread popping up in next few days if this is true.

Conte is great manager and considering what we have right now, he will be massive improvement.

RedDevilQuebecois

I want that fiery character in our manager. The last time we had that was Fergie. Since then our managers have been too passive.
I swear. Even Mourinho lost that kind of mojo when he was with us; he was definitely not the same guy who ran like a madman after a late equalizer for Porto.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
De Gea
Varane Maguire CB
DM
AWB Bruno Pogba Shaw
Ronaldo Rashford

Rudiger seems to be in a contract standoff with Chelsea. The kind of bastard we need in that backline. Spend big on a DM, and we are golden.
Agreed on both Rudiger & a DM.

Apart from Rudiger, De Vrij & Brozovic I think are both towards the end of their contracts too & may be potential solutions to the positions u highlighted.

Separately, do u think AWB could succeed in a wb role? Especially in this formation we'll be counting on him solely to keep the width

Sviken

I dont think it's majorly about looking for a yes man. I think Ole has successfully sold the idea of a United way to the club. And the club thinks Rodgers and Pochettino are ahead of Conte in terms of who is more in line with following the United way (youth development and playing exciting football).
Jesus, what's this nonsense? When have we played attractive football under Ole or even had any youth development? We have a great batch of youth players that haven't even seen the light of day since he was appointed. Has anyone watched Conte at Juve, Inter and Chelsea? He plays a more attractive football than Ole wishes he could in his dreams. Sit back and let the lads enjoy themselves is not a recipe for an "'attractive" football.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What needs to happen for circumstances to dictate a swift change? 1 point in 4 games including a 5-0 home defeat to Liverpool? Still can’t believe we lost 5-0 to Liverpool :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We would be well drilled, well prepared and very well coached under Conte. We’d also have a true tacticians sitting in the dugout.

Conte would only be one a problem if the club wasn’t matching his ambition.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Jesus, what's this nonsense? When have we played attractive football under Ole or even had any youth development? We have a great batch of youth players that haven't even seen the light of day since he was appointed. Has anyone watched Conte at Juve, Inter and Chelsea? He plays a more attractive football than Ole wishes he could in his dreams. Sit back and let the lads enjoy themselves is not a recipe for an "'attractive" football.
100%

jamesjimmybyrondean

Like I said. I think Ole has sold them the idea that they club should follow the United Way. Whether he himself does it or not wasn't in mentioned in my post

JB7

Ask the fans or players either at Bari, Siena, Juve or Inter. I think they in unison would disagree strongly. Maybe some Chelsea-fans would agree? I’m not to sure. He did win the two biggest english titles during his two seasons there.

Owners at Juve/Chelsea might disagree too. But it is not really important for me to «protect» Glazer/Woodward.

And most important? He is a genius of a coach!
And then when he's caused chaos and fecked off in 2 years time we'll be back to where we were when Mourinho left. The press will be writing their articles about the club having no long term vision or plan, which I'm sure most people in this thread will be lapping up. He's a great coach, no doubt, but he also plays a brand of football which is pretty much unique at the top level so wouldn't fit into any long term planning at any club.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The club might as well put out an advert saying " Yes Man wanted" instead of a manager.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
And then when he's caused chaos and fecked off in 2 years time we'll be back to where we were when Mourinho left. The press will be writing their articles about the club having no long term vision or plan, which I'm sure most people in this thread will be lapping up. He's a great coach, no doubt, but he also plays a brand of football which is pretty much unique at the top level so wouldn't fit into any long term planning at any club.
That won't be on him though. He is not going to be a bootlicking worm.

Kaos

Ugh, I promised myself I'd never wish for us to lose, but I'd be annoyed if we scrape a few lucky wins against shit teams and that's secured Ole the rest of the season for us to waste. Death by a thousand cuts indeed.

Winrar

If this is true then what the feck are we waiting for??? Ten Hag?

pratyush_utd

Long term planning doesn’t mean we should accept mediocrity. Top flight football is result oriented business and Ole had 3 years already. This notion that Conte leaves the club in bad shape is not true at all.

We need to shed this idea of getting manager for 10-15 years. Managers these days move around much more than they used to.

Sviken

If this is true then what the feck are we waiting for??? Ten Hag?
Basically, if I understand it correctly, the board wants their proper "Yes Man" that wouldn't really muddy the structure, would keep the mates at their comfy jobs and be a nice distraction from the Glazers. Poch and Rodgers are good candidates for that scenario. Poch, in particular, had a good relationship with Levy despite many people saying he wasn't backed enough during his time there.

It's absolutely dreadful that we'd be willing to waste another season at the prospect of getting one of those two. If that's the case, a very bleak future awaits us and it honestly would demotivate me from watching football at all. I can't go from Ole to Poch.
This notion that Conte leaves the club in bad shape is not true at all.
It's not even remotely true. Chelsea were left in a good position, many of his signings led the way. Inter are challenging for the title, same scenario. And finally we get Juve where most of his signings led them to nine straight Scudetto's. Even if the guy resigns over disputes with the board, one thing that Conte is very good at is getting the right signings. He won't leave the club with dross like Mata, Baily, Darmian or whatever. His signings are generally top notch.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
The board are petrified of getting someone who’ll question everything at the club. All these suits who are all buddies and know nothing about football would get rattled. The club can’t have that. If it’s not Ole they’ll choose another puppet.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel threw the PSG board under the bus in a press conference about a game. He went scorched Earth on the PSG board.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
That's some astonishing claim he won't fit long term at any club. He just not there for being yes man at any club. He demanded good things for his club he was managing. Your club need a big character to manage your bigger players. He is perfect fit for your club after saf in my opinion.

He just not want nonsense things and project of ten years of failure. If you think ten Haag will come and manage your super stars to play like ajax players. Then you will make big mistake.That won't happen.

I am sorry to say this. But most fans didn't see Rodgers ten Haag like managers will come and Ask players like Ronaldo Bruno Pogba varane and all to do this and that. :lol: . Only few could command respect from these players and conte among them. Not some rookies.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

If result dont go well i expect the voting result to flip this weekend. Conte is the only realistic choice at the moment and is a bloody good option.

Idxomer

Like I said. I think Ole has sold them the idea that they club should follow the United Way. Whether he himself does it or not wasn't in mentioned in my post
Ole's biggest con, convincing the United board that he's anything more than a chequebook manager.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You only hear long term vision from the likes of Arsenal or Barcelona right now. The point is i think long term vision only applies to when a team needs a squad overhaul or rebuild. Thankfully we don't need that as Ole has helped rebuild the squad to one that can challenge for titles. We've got a squad filled with players in their prime that should be winning trophies for the next 2 years at least. So we need a coach that can make good use of those two or three years. That's where Conte comes in.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
You only hear long term vision from the likes of Arsenal or Barcelona right now. The point is i think long term vision only applies to when a team needs a squad overhaul or rebuild. Thankfully we don't need that as Ole has helped rebuild the squad to one that can challenge for titles. We've got a squad filled with players in their prime that should be winning trophies for the next 2 years at least. So we need a coach that can make good use of those two or three years. That's where Conte comes in.
Nah. Barca are gonna figure out things very fast.

Redfrog

Basically, if I understand it correctly, the board wants their proper "Yes Man" that wouldn't really muddy the structure, would keep the mates at their comfy jobs and be a nice distraction from the Glazers. Poch and Rodgers are good candidates for that scenario. Poch, in particular, had a good relationship with Levy despite many people saying he wasn't backed enough during his time there.

It's absolutely dreadful that we'd be willing to waste another season at the prospect of getting one of those two. If that's the case, a very bleak future awaits us and it honestly would demotivate me from watching football at all. I can't go from Ole to Poch.

It's not even remotely true. Chelsea were left in a good position, many of his signings led the way. Inter are challenging for the title, same scenario. And finally we get Juve where most of his signings led them to nine straight Scudetto's. Even if the guy resigns over disputes with the board, one thing that Conte is very good at is getting the right signings. He won't leave the club with dross like Mata, Baily, Darmian or whatever. His signings are generally top notch.
Yeah, it’s laughable. Wasting a year to get Rodgers or Poch, when a better manager, who actually win titles, is available right now is beyond stupidity.
The wait for the next title will be longer then for Liverpool…

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Jules from the Jules and Gab Podcast said the other day Poch is not going anywhere. PSG are going to give him time to get it right there. He has history with the club and it is where he wants to be. He said had Man United gone for him before PSG was a possibility, for sure he would have taken the job.

Sviken

Nah. Barca are gonna figure out things very fast.
Barca sack managers left and right, even when they're performing like Valverde did. Once they get their finances in order, they'll be good to go. While we have everything and we're still monumentally held back by bad management.

Redfrog

What does long term planning means ? From the club it seems to be an eternal wait to win something. Doesn’t matter, we have a long term planning, who needs trophies heh ?

Most here seems obsessed by it. But in reality, the only long term planning was to win title after title under Fergie…

Even if it’s for few years, if Conte win the title, it would have been worth it.

Just look at Ole’s long term plan. It going so well !!!

Redfrog

Jules from the Jules and Gab Podcast said the other day Poch is not going anywhere. PSG are going to give him time to get it right there. He has history with the club and it is where he wants to be. He said had Man United gone for him before PSG was a possibility, for sure he would have taken the job.
I don’t remember when Poch played good football by the way…

Sviken

What does long term planning means ?
Something that only United knows, apparently. Is there a top club with long-term planning? The only one I can think off was City and only in regards to Pep. Liverpool went through managers and hit on Klopp when he was available. It's not because they wanted to play gegenpress, it's because he was a quality manager and he was available. Chelsea went through a plethora of different managers and found success in that. Some weren't, some were. They struck gold with Tuchel. Madrid went the same way through variety of managers. Some were good, some not, but once again - they stuck gold with Zidane. We have Bayern who also sack managers left and right. They went from LVG, to Heynckes to Pep, to Flick to Nagelsmann, all with very different styles of play. Between them they hired managers like Ancelotti, Kovac etc. They found huge success with some of their managers, others were underwhelming. If a manager didn't work, they quickly sacked him. Barcelona only stuck with Koeman because of their financial situation. They, too, before that, sacked managers at the first sign of them underperforming.

Manchester United are the only club in the world that still talks about silly romantic nonsense of vision and "long-term-ism", and what not. Said approach has been completely disastrous these past years, but the club is utterly convinced that this is the right way to go, for some reason. The club is making the exact same mistakes it made back when Busby retired. Exact same. I only hope it won't take another 20 years before they realize it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I dont think it's majorly about looking for a yes man. I think Ole has successfully sold the idea of a United way to the club. And the club thinks Rodgers and Pochettino are ahead of Conte in terms of who is more in line with following the United way (youth development and playing exciting football). We also adopted a new recruitment structure under Ole that has had a decent success rate and Rodgers and Pochettino will be able to work under that structure. While Conte in the transfer window is similar to Mourinho and Van Gaal in demands and control which the club didn't work well with.
I don't think it's hard to see why the club is hesitant with Conte. Ignoring him in favour of Rodgers or Pochettino would be foolish though
Conte has never been in control of transfers, italian clubs don't operate like that and the same applies to Chelsea. At Juventus the people in control were Paratici and Marotta, at Chelsea it was Granovskaia and at Inter Marotta again. Out of all the managers that you listed he is the one that is used to the least power since PL managers are generally given more room for inputs.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Conte has never been in control of transfers, italian clubs don't operate like that and the same applies to Chelsea. At Juventus the people in control were Paratici and Marotta, at Chelsea it was Granovskaia and at Inter Marotta again. Out of all the managers that you listed he is the one that is used to the least power since PL managers are generally given more room for inputs.
That was just my assumption for why the club wouldn't want him. Even we didn't give Mourinho full control or listen to his demands all the time but he wanted it and he threw a tantrum when he didn't get it which is what Conte does too so I can see the club reluctant to work with that kind of manager

Status
Not open for further replies.