Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenlung

Did we hire Conte already?
Conte wouldn't play Ronaldo and Cavani up top. One of them, probably Ronaldo, would be dropped in favour of the athleticism of Rashford or Greenwood.

Solksjaer is playing a deeply defensive side, with no actual pace to hit Spurs on the counter.

el3mel

People not wanting Conte because they think 3-5-2 doesn't fit our team. :lol:

We look more balanced with this formation than whatever shit we have been playing the last 9 games in the league.

This game should shut up this conversation at least. We have an awful manager and even under him this formation look good, so imagine if we have a manager expert in it.

Just because we have ton of wingers it doesn't mean we must shoehorn them in the team.

Lukinho

Ole is going to stay for another 3 months now. So the dream of Conte is gone as well

Chairman Steve

So any conspiracy theories about Conte asking for a 3-5-2? :wenger:

Have the Italian press commented any further on the situation? They seemed pretty convinced this was happening a few days ago, notably Di Marzio who is pretty reliable about news originating from Italy.

LoneStar

Today conviced me that this team would suit well to Conte. McFred tend to do decently when the team is well organised, and they have very specific roles. AWB needs to improve in attack, but other than that, we have all the players he would need.

Bring him on.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah, agree. Today just reaffirmed that we are very balanced with 3 man CB . Bring in a good right wing back and we are set.

343 or 352.

Tyrion

But they're buying marketable players who they can make money off of. So that shifts some of that loss.

But yeah, I would love to see some data/analysis/statistics on how much being successful actually effects profits.
That's why I don't buy the tired line from some pundits that the Glazers only want top 4. They spend too much money for that. They obviously care firstly about profit but believe winning helps deliver that. Unfortunately they're just bad at making decisions around running football clubs.

Monger

I'm convinced Murtagh has requested our caretaker manager to start playing and coaching 352 in preparation for conte coming in the international break.

Regalia

This is exactly why Ole supporters shouldn’t get arrogant about things like ‘United DNA’. When Ole needed a result desperately, he took the pragmatic route, played 3-5-2 and got one. We even scored 3 goals in the process. But this approach is lambasted by the same lot that want to so badly praise him tonight.

Either way, this shows our squad is more than suitable for Conte, especially with his superior coaching. Imagine what he would have done today if we had done the right thing and got him in last week.

spiriticon

If Ole can do the Conte tactic alright, then why do we need Conte for?

Hang on to Ole and maybe get someone else in at the end of season.

Last edited:

FatTails

3-4-1-2 is cool now and has been retroactively injected into the United DNA :cool:

spiriticon

:lol: I was really hoping to see some white text in here
I'm just being honest! A lot of the Caf just wants Conte as a caretaker anyway. People will want him gone in the summer for Ten Hag or some other Mr Hipster.

May as well save some money from hiring and firing Conte and just going straight for Mr Hipster in the summer.

lex talionis

Today conviced me that this team would suit well to Conte. McFred tend to do decently when the team is well organised, and they have very specific roles. AWB needs to improve in attack, but other than that, we have all the players he would need.

Bring him on.
I made a similar point in the matchday thread and got :lol: :lol: :lol: but it could not be more obvious now that in certain situations this is the way forward under Conte. Let’s see if the board have the balls to pull the trigger when the proverbial iron is hot.

Carolina Red

Staff
I'm just being honest! A lot of the Caf just wants Conte as a caretaker anyway. People will want him gone in the summer for Ten Hag or some other Mr Hipster.

May as well save some money from hiring and firing Conte and just going straight for Mr Hipster in the summer.
Yeah… but nah.

I’ll just have Conte and roll with him, please and thank you.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
James Horncastle’s article on The Athletic has definitely made me reconsider my initial strong negative reaction to Conte.

Devil may care

People not wanting Conte because they think 3-5-2 doesn't fit our team. :lol:

We look more balanced with this formation than whatever shit we have been playing the last 9 games in the league.

This game should shut up this conversation at least. We have an awful manager and even under him this formation look good, so imagine if we have a manager expert in it.

Just because we have ton of wingers it doesn't mean we must shoehorn them in the team.
It worked because we had a back 7 and benched Rashford, Sancho and Mason while playing 2 strikers in their mid 30's, one of whom is leaving in the summer, there's absolutely no future in that, it's the definition of short term thinking. We need a manager who can start molding the talents with more than 18 months left in them, into a team.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You've kinda got to admire Ole for such a superlative display of footballing shit posting…. Winning with an ultra defensive Conte formation, thus making it impossible for his supporters to deny it could work, whilst simultaneously making it hard for his detractors to dismiss the possibility he can pull it off…. It’s the perfect storm of tactical bants. Fair play to him…

podurban2

You've kinda got to admire Ole for such a superlative display of footballing shit posting…. Winning with an ultra defensive Conte formation, thus making it impossible for his supporters to deny it could work, whilst simultaneously making it hard for his detractors to dismiss the possibility he can pull it off…. It’s the perfect storm of tactical bants. Fair play to him…
:lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It worked because we had a back 7 and benched Rashford, Sancho and Mason while playing 2 strikers in their mid 30's, one of whom is leaving in the summer, there's absolutely no future in that, it's the definition of short term thinking. We need a manager who can start molding the talents with more than 18 months left in them, into a team.
It would probably work fine if we swapped the front 3 with Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford. Not saying it'll work with Ole, but personnel wise a 3-4-3 really does suit us IMO.

Carolina Red

Staff
You just explained why Conte coming in wouldn’t be a big deal for our number of attackers.

PoTMS

If we got him in tomorrow, I'd be confident that we could challenge for the title this season.

Rolaholic

If we got him in tomorrow, I'd be confident that we could challenge for the title this season.
I second this but I fear today's victory just extended Ole's reign a few more months because we're a reactive club instead of a serious and proactive one like Chelsea last season with Lamps

The passive and reactionary rarely ever come out on top in football while the bold and aggressive usually reap the rewards

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I second this but I fear today's victory just extended Ole's reign a few more months because we're a reactive club instead of a serious and proactive one like Chelsea last season with Lamps

The passive and reactionary rarely ever come out on top in football while the bold and aggressive usually reap the rewards
To be fair, we're still in October. Chelsea stuck with Lampard until GW19 in the middle of January.

Devil may care

It would probably work fine if we swapped the front 3 with Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford. Not saying it'll work with Ole, but personnel wise a 3-4-3 really does suit us IMO.
Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho have all thrived as wide players and none of them can do what Cavani did.

You just explained why Conte coming in wouldn’t be a big deal for our number of attackers.
Except Ronaldo and Cavani are suited to the 2 up front where as the others aren't, especially Mason and Sancho who would spend all their time on the bench and not have a position to come on for, we have several young talents who all thrive as wide players and Bruno who'll play nearly all the games as the AM, it's a system that suits our 2 mid thirties strikers, not our future beyond this season, not to mention it's like watching paint dry.

Eddy_JukeZ

I also changed my vote to yes.

I think with Conte, we bag a Prem title next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.