• Yes

Votes: 1,013 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,140 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

If this is true, we as a club truly are fecked. Our rivals have 4 of the best managers in the world and we stick with someone who wouldn't get a job in the Championship.

Lukinho

So what do we do now. If Conte is going to Spurs there is no other manager available. Especially not a Worl Class manager like Conte. So we migth aswell stick with Ole then

Lee565

Conte is basically a far more successful and attacking version of ole but will he mention club DNA at every pre and post match conference and worship fergie like a god to make him worth appointing as manager????

Sviken

Conte is basically a far more successful and attacking version of ole but will he mention club DNA at every pre and post match conference and worship fergie like a god to make him worth appointing as manager????
:lol: Conte and Ole are not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to managerial material.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is this Conte’s side feeding this to try and force United’s hand?
Won't work as our board don't seem keen on him anyway.

More likely to wait for Ten Hag, Poch or somebody else than go for another ticking time bomb in Conte.

Eddy_JukeZ

More likely to wait for Ten Hag, Poch or somebody else than go for another ticking time bomb in Conte.
This has literally been refuted numerous times and the athletic article further refutes it.

Rockets Redglare

He’s miles better than Ten Hag or Poch and he’s available and willing to come here.

It’s infuriating.

DutchCruijff

I doubt he goes to Spurs unless United have told him it's off.

He's seen the Rodgers rumours/Ole staying and has started to produce his own leaks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Ooft. Let’s leave some of the world class options for the rest of the world

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This has literally been refuted numerous times and the athletic article further refutes it.
Sacked a year after winning league at Chelsea because of a fall out.

Walked away from Inter as champions because of a fall out.

So it is a bit true mate. Fans like to change history to suit their agenda. No doubting he's a good coach but he's also very unpredictable too.

the_cliff

Sacked a year after winning league at Chelsea because of a fall out.

Walked away from Inter as champions because of a fall out.

So it is a bit true mate. Fans like to change history to suit their agenda. No doubting he's a good coach but he's also very unpredictable too.
At Chelsea he fell out with Abramovic because of signings. Chelsea managers don't get a say in their targets and have a different structure. He also had a fall out with Diego Costa because he put in a transfer request while fighting for the title. Name me a world class manager that will accept not getting his own targets ? and accept a player causing disruption while fighting for the title.

At Inter they wanted to sell his best players because of their financials due to covid, Lukaku and Hakimi were sold and Conte as stated wants to go to a team that can challenge for the UCL that's his next goal. The fact that he's interested in the United job it's because he believes with the current rate of investment and our current squad we can challenge. I'm sure Pep would stay at City if they have to sell De Bruyne, Foden and Dias and cut back on investment.

But hey if Pep becomes available maybe we shouldn't go for him because he fell out with the Barca hierarchy and Ibrahimovic once upon a time, or maybe we shouldn't go for Tuchel because he fell out with Dortmund and in the latter stages PSG.

Context is everything.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
At Chelsea he fell out with Abramovic because of signings. Chelsea managers don't get a say in their targets and have a different structure. He also had a fall out with Diego Costa because he put in a transfer request while fighting for the title. Name me a world class manager that will accept not getting his own targets ? and accept a player causing disruption while fighting for the title.

At Inter they wanted to sell his best players because of their financials due to covid, Lukaku and Hakimi were sold and Conte as stated wants to go to a team that can challenge for the UCL that's his next goal. The fact that he's interested in the United job it's because he believes with the current rate of investment and our current squad we can challenge. I'm sure Pep would stay at City if they have to sell De Bruyne, Foden and Dias and cut back on investment.

But hey if Pep becomes available maybe we shouldn't go for him because he fell out with the Barca hierarchy and Ibrahimovic once upon a time, or maybe we shouldn't go for Tuchel because he fell out with Dortmund and in the latter stages PSG.

Context is everything.
I'm not the Glazers mate. I don't make the calls. I'm only giving my opinion on how they will see it.

Conte working alongside Fletcher Murtough Woodward/Arnold will fail badly is my belief. You have a different opinion? Fair enough.

Dan_F

Unless he’s been told by United that they don’t want him, I can’t see him accepting the Spurs job right now.

the_cliff

I'm not the Glazers mate. I don't make the calls. I'm only giving my opinion on how they will see it.

Conte working alongside Fletcher Murtough Woodward/Arnold will fail badly is my belief. You have a different opinion? Fair enough.
Yes, but the whole point of this thread is that this is a discussion between fans. Might as well not discuss anything then because none of us actually have a say in any aspect of our football club or any football club for that matter. :lol:

I agree there will be issues. But then name me a manager that you think would work with them ?

Because if Conte won't Zidane sure as hell won't either in fact I'm struggling to find a manager that will be able to. Even Ten Hag who is used to the structure at Ajax will have trouble.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
And moaning every single second of the day about it is going to do what? Is that grown up?

If I owned the club I'd run it far differently to these cretins that's for sure.

Do you actually think Conte working with the Glazers and Woodward / Arnold will work or do you just want Ole out so badly that you're just pretending it will.

We cant just rush in to these decisions. It's why we never get anywhere in the first place. I don't think Conte is the right character for our club. It has a feel of LVG and Jose all over again.

Devil may care

Personally I don't want Conte because of his style of football but I think you're right about why the board don't want him, they've found the perfect puppet in Ole and are reluctant to give that shield up, it's probably why somebody passive like Poch is favoured within.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Doubt the Glazers would pay out anybody so they can takeover as our manager which means Ten Hag and Poch are out of the picture.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He left Inter because after winning their first title in 10 years he was told his two best players would be sold (Lukaku and Hakimi) and he wouldn’t really be able to spend big on either as a replacement. I mean — that’s fair enough to walk away from, no?
Yep. Not a 'yes man', is he...

55% don't want him :lol:

Guess you deserve to be where you are.

crossy1686

career ending
The amount of rubbish you've come out with on here to defend Ole over the years is unreal too.
I think you'll find I haven't defended anything this season, the opposite actually, as the expectation is higher now, but you wouldn't really care about that would you? Too busy crying about the end of days because United won a game.

Rockets Redglare

And moaning every single second of the day about it is going to do what? Is that grown up?

If I owned the club I'd run it far differently to these cretins that's for sure.

Do you actually think Conte working with the Glazers and Woodward / Arnold will work or do you just want Ole out so badly that you're just pretending it will.

We cant just rush in to these decisions. It's why we never get anywhere in the first place. I don't think Conte is the right character for our club. It has a feel of LVG and Jose all over again.
I simply said that Conte is a better manager than Poch who is running PSG into the ground and Ten Hag who is the flavour of the week.

He’s also available and willing to come here and I do think we’d win trophies under him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Context is everything.
Spot on. Just to add — he won Inter their first title in 10 years and his reward was Hakimi and Lukaku (two of his best players) sold, and being told he wouldn’t really have funds to replace them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

We wont wait for Poch. They tried that and still managed to feck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.