Would you take Pep Guardiola as our next manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoXoM

Yes - he can also bring Messi along with him :devil:

bonothom

Stranger things have happened.

If he leaves city due to no CL football, United may part ways with Solskjaer - and it will at least be discussed I’d say

I don’t think Pep has ever really fallen in love with city / has much loyalty to them.

But would you want him?
Nope it would be the same as when we got Mourinho. Hes past his best.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yes, we'd take him in a heartbeat.

SAF is already hard at work on the 'Welcome to Manchester' poster in preparation for his arrival.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He won't do any better than Ole is doing with the boys, so no.

Hehe

the chameleon

Don't think he would succeed here. We don't have the players to match his brand of football. An absolute fortune would need to be spent on getting the type of players to fit his system. Do we have the money to do that? Sure. But do we have at the people at the top capable of supporting Pep? No.

It would be a bigger disaster than Mourinho. It would have similarities to when Van Gaal was trying to get Mike Smalling and Phil Jones to buy into philoshophy.

The only types of managers that would fit here are the flexible and adaptable types that would be able work with they have and gradually build on it. Klopp would have been a hit here. Poch and Nagelsman would both do well here. There wouldn't be huge investments.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's kind of weird knowing that he won't win a CL here & be treated like that type of manager on that type of wages.

He will get us back to CL football & win us a odd title - his football is better than pochettino's so I would but considering he said he didn't want to come here & coming just after him failing/ City financial doping seems like a bad idea.

Castia

Any club in the world would lets be honest. Almost 200 points in the previous 2 years whilst playing some of the best football that's been seen in English football? alongside Klopp easily the 2 outstanding managers in world football.

Stringer

No. He is not the messi or Ronaldo of managers. There will be managers that will surpass him. Pochettino last year stoped him from winning the trophy he wanted the most and has the potential to surpass him. It won’t be difficult for Pochettino as all he has to do is to have the most expensive squad in football. Which at United, he might get. I rather we look for those type of managers with such potential rather than take one from our rivals.
Give over. Your Pochettino fandom is ridiculous.

dave1956

I do not think he would come here as the club's owners would not fall in with his requirements of what he would want from the owners to develop the club not just the playing side. One of the changes he insisted on when joining City was that everyone every one employed by the club should feel involved and valued by the owners and that they have contributed to the clubs success. This has been achieved by including all staff at all levels be included in win bonuses, so if the team win they win, so this way everyone involved not just the first team in ensuring the success of the club.
Can you see the Utd., board agreeing to this type of financial structure.

Dr. StrangeHate

Even most of the Ole inners will throw Ole under the bus personally to get him. This is not even a question.

Dr. StrangeHate

I do not think he would come here as the club's owners would not fall in with his requirements of what he would want from the owners to develop the club not just the playing side. One of the changes he insisted on when joining City was that everyone every one employed by the club should feel involved and valued by the owners and that they have contributed to the clubs success. This has been achieved by including all staff at all levels be included in win bonuses, so if the team win they win, so this way everyone involved not just the first team in ensuring the success of the club.
Can you see the Utd., board agreeing to this type of financial structure.
If Pep said that in addition to above I want to take a shit at each of the board members desk in the morning, they will agree to it. United are desperate.

bonothom

What a pile of complete nonsense.

What evidence do you have to prove that he’s past his best like Jose?
This seasons pathetic title defence. Continued failure to win Champions Leagues at City and Bayern. Any more?

bonothom

What in the world makes you say that?

His 'down season' is nowhere near comparable to Jose's down seasons.
Continued failure to win Champions League despite having untold resources and not only that basically cheating and failing as now proved by Uefa. I can't stand Klopp but he's by far the best manager on the planet.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I mean, how is this even a question? Of course. He's absolutely fantastic.

However I think he'd prefer a CL club which can challenge now/soon.

Aouer-United

He has a contract with Man City for one more season and admitted he's open to extending his City contract and stay at the club beyond the end of next season.

Can we woo him with money and terminate his contract and get him to join us, let it be for one season?

croadyman

Fully expect him to go to Juventus when the City experience is done,don't expect this ban to be upheld knowing how much money is involved.

Son

He would never treat City like that after they gave him the keys to the castle. No way can we ever sign him now. Those people he works for are powerful people, not just in football.

United holds a special place in his heart only for the two nights Barcelona beat us in European finals. That’s all we’ll ever be to him.

I still think he’s the best coach on the planet but until he’s nearly retired and washed up it’s not happening.

red thru&thru

Personally, I wouldn't take him. There would be just too much pressure on Pep both financially and by the media. I want a younger, up and coming innovative coach. Not because Pep is bad or anything, I just believe our club needs freshening up.

Also, I feel he's off to Juventus. Agnelli family have been after him for a while.

Josep Dowling

Honestly I wouldn’t have him. I can’t stand the bloke and hate the style of football he implements.

Plus he would need £500m just to make his starting 11.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Yes, but more out of curiosity really than anything. So far hes only had easy jobs where the clubs he has managed has had a massive advantage over pretty much everyone else in the league

Right now we are a real challenge to take on. Wont happen though

Ace of Spades

Think that is an easy yes, even though I don't particularly like him, he is a top coach.

He will probably go to PSG though, imo. Easy league, and needs to only concentrate on CL.

Tarrou

yes but we'll probably wait another for 10/15 years at the point he's properly burnt out, past it and shite

Status
Not open for further replies.