• Yes

Votes: 515 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPB

Yes. Third choice after Ten Hag and Zidane. Just keep Conte away.

daveskimufc

In terms of what I’ve seen of him coaching his players and the way his teams play I’d like it.
But his teams have history of imploding right at the death, which is alarming.
And I could never warm to a “Liverpool reject!”

Scholsey2004

Yes. Third choice after Ten Hag and Zidane. Just keep Conte away.
I'd have said Zidane is a short term manager as well as Conte. Both of them have quit jobs at big clubs when they thought a rebuild was needed.

Scholsey2004

I dont really care about the Liverpool connection, I'd take him. Still a very young manager as well despite huge experience. Left Liverpool after 2 or 3 years at just 42. Question marks over his ceiling perhaps but he's actually got a higher win percentage at Leicester than he had at Liverpool which suggests some individual progression.

Tactically Ten Hag might be more of a match for our playing staff though. There are obvious paralells between some of the players he's been successful with at Ajax and some of our current players and if anything our versions are the more up-market alternatives.

Rockets Redglare

I’d take him but I’d much prefer Conte. Both are a massive step up from Solskjaer however.

Rajma

I mean how can you appoint a manager that united fans were taking the piss off over the years and is a laughing stock among majority who fans with strong Liverpool connection? Do they ever think about fans when making any of these decisions? So far detached from reality the lot of them.

Karlos PFC

In a heartbeat, great coach.

I don't know what other posters are blabbing about "oh he bottled two top 4 places with Leicester " . Really? I'd assume that they haven't watched any of his teams over the years. Also it's freaking Leicester not a giant of a club.

Swansea, Pool and Leicester played some great stuff under him and he can implement things quickly not over a 3 year period. He had the foxes playing great football in his first two months or so.

Idxomer

I don't think Alex Shaw or ESPN are good sources.

Rodgers is also not a good option for a big club.

matsdf

A Liverpool manager at United? I know we're in dire times, but have you guys gone insane?

Rajma

I would rather we keep Ole (and I’m one of his biggest critics). That would genuinely be the lowest point since SAF for me personally.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I mean how can you appoint a manager that united fans were taking the piss off over the years and is a laughing stock among majority who fans with strong Liverpool connection? Do they ever think about fans when making any of these decisions? So far detached from reality the lot of them.
Busby played over 300 games combined for City Liverpool yet his first managerial appointment was at United. The club wouldn’t be where we are today without Busby, but if the attitude displayed by you in your post ran supreme back then, he’d have never been allowed inside the front door of Old Trafford.

Rodgers managing Liverpool for a couple of seasons almost a decade ago is immaterial to me; if I believe he’d improve our football and have us maximising our talents in every area of the pitch, whilst competing for silverware, then it’s a no-brainer appointment. He knows the league very well, has managed big clubs where trophies are demanded (and delivered), he had a good track record with blooding youngsters/academy players into his first XI, he is tactically-flexible and his teams are constantly on the front-foot playing football greater than the sum of their individual parts.

In summary, he screams ‘United DNA’ more than, you know, the man currently in the dugout who talks about nothing else only United DNA but actually hasn’t a clue about how to deliver it.

FireballXL5

There are only three Liverpool managers I'd take at United. Two of them are dead and the other is Klopp.

Suv666

Fecking hell. Lets go for the serial loser Rodgers. The board need their heads checked if they appoint Rodgers over Conte.

Rajma

Imagine the vitrol if he doesn’t hit the ground running? I mean he’s got one tittle challenge to his name which he bottled, what sort of credit does he have? He couldn’t even make the top 4 with Leicester at the end of the day.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Liverpool sacked him because he’d taken them as far as he could. We shouldn’t be taking him for that reason.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Here’s hoping this is one brief this week that holds a semblance of truth to it.

Rodgers would be as terrific appointment, IMO.
He was 39, when Liverpool gave him the Managerial role. So you'd think he's learned a lot since.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Jesus, feck no! He doesn't have what it takes to be an elite manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Impressed with bottling 4th two seasons running? :smirk:

He’s a good manager, I think. But I don’t think he does anything other than what Ole was supposed to do — put the team in a position where the next guy wins stuff. In a league with Klopp, Pep, and Tuchel, I think we need someone a bit more proven.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
To me he's a bit of an underwhelming replacement. Another 2/3 years of someone who I don't personally think has it in them to compete at the top of the PL and has a very lacklustre record in Europe, only this time he's someone I find irritating on a personal level. I'm not really that bothered about the former Liverpool manager thing cause I'd obviously take Klopp in a heartbeat. Yeah he's better than Solskjaer and even though he's evidently grown as a manager, the same weaknesses are still there that have been present since he left Liverpool. He'd also cost £18m to buy out of his contract according to the resident Leicester fans which, after sacking Solskjaer, probably makes this a £30m manager search. I accept he had injuries but dropping out of the top 4 twice in consecutive seasons in a weak top 4 battle (against our own manager, no less) is something we should very much be holding against him.
I also don't know if I've been watching someone else's reign at United, but this culture of promoting youth has been nonexistant under Solskjaer so I don't know why it's apparently weighing so heavily on our next managerial appointment. In 3 years only 1 player has made in into the first team, that's actually really poor when you consider what it's been like historically. No one else, aside from Brandon Williams, has even been given a whiff of a chance.

Jaxa

Absolutely no way in hell, Rodgers is doing a great job at Leicester however that is heavily backed and made to look better by just how brilliant Lecister are run from the top down as a football club, something that is alien to us therefore I cannot see him having the personality or ability to make this shit show of a situation we find ourselves in much better I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.