• No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Poll please.

I remember 80 % was in favour of Mourinho, so I would not be surprised if quite a few want Rodgers too.
Yeah we've got one for Ten Hag and Conte, get a poll going. I'm curious to see the result.

UpWithRivers

I initially thought it was a joke. But after I calmed down and thought about it a bit its a possibility. Looks like Zidane doesnt want the job. Ten Haag is a big risk and we dont know if we could get him out of Ajax. Conte has major downsides. I dont care if he leaves in 2 years but our bunch of fairy players will down tools again if he gives them any stick. Plus we would have to change formation a lot.

Brenden is a serial loser away from Celtic. But on the other hand he was outperforming with week teams. Depends how you look at it. Plus he has loads more experience than when he left Liverpool. He is experienced in the Prem. And he is a good man manager. His players seem to like him. Plus he plays good football and gives youth a chance.

If we could move away from this refusing to get rid of managers we could give him this season and next then move for Luis Enrique or someone else if he is turning out sht.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sometime in 2024 right after won the Champions League with United....
Amazon documentary : Brendan Rodgers - from Bellend to Legend

Starring: Brendan Rodgers, Brendan Rodgers' dentist, @SteveJ

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
No, I don’t actually believe he is that good. And he’s a bit weird. And he was Liverpool manager. Can you imagine the crowing from the dippers if we sacked Ole after the derby and replaced him with a dipper reject?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Brenden is a serial loser away from Celtic. But on the other hand he was outperforming with week teams. Depends how you look at it. Plus he has loads more experience than when he left Liverpool. He is experienced in the Prem. And he is a good man manager. His players seem to like him. Plus he plays good football and gives youth a chance.

If we could move away from this refusing to get rid of managers we could give him this season and next then move for Luis Enrique or someone else if he is turning out sht.
Sounds a lot like a certain Norwegian everybody loves to hate at the moment.

Also do you really expect him to leave a stable well run and progressive club like Leicester to interim our shitshow For 18 months?

Flexdegea

No, I don’t actually believe he is that good. And he’s a bit weird. And he was Liverpool manager. Can you imagine the crowing from the dippers if we sacked Ole after the derby and replaced him with a dipper reject?

Would certainly be the icing on the embarrassment side considering rival fans singing Ole at the wheel is tipping fans over the edge

Longshanks

Better fit than conte, but question marks over weather he is actually good enough and of course he is poisoned goods. So I'm inclined to say no.

The White Pele

Would be interesting if this thread had a poll. I wonder if he would have a higher % than Conte

shoegazing

Please god, no. He's not going to transform us or lead us to any trophies. Yes he's better than Ole, but he's also a bottler too. We'll be ridiculed if we appoint him.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
He has a 52% win rate at Leicester. That's only 2% less than Ole has at United. With a far worse squad.

So that tells you we would at least improve with him. Whether he has it in him to beat the likes of Klopp, Tuchel and Pep to a title, remains a big question mark...

Drizzle

Sounds a lot like a certain Norwegian everybody loves to hate at the moment
As much as I'm not particularly in favour of Rodgers, comparing Ole to him is preposterous.

Plus the Ole bringing forward youth myth has been comprehensively debunked now so let's move on from that.

gajender

Also do you really expect him to leave a stable well run and progressive club like Leicester to interim our shitshow For 18 months?
What shit show are you talking about United is usually amongst the Club's which spends the most money in the market along with one the highest wage bill on top of that there is hardly any pressure to win either from our board nor from some of our deluded fans you being the perfect example. You could say it's quite an appealing prospect for most managers .

Just to add it's a myth United play any thing close to good football under Ole and its laughable to claim youth have been given chances under him either .
He is just Mourinho mk 2 with affable personality nothing more.

Terminator2017

Yeah we've got one for Ten Hag and Conte, get a poll going. I'm curious to see the result.
Id take him, he is an established manager of good pedigree, he improves players and is doing a tremendous job at Leicester, I think his style is very much suited to us however I think Ole will turn it round and remain in the job, all this talk of him
Getting sacked is silly, people over reacting because of one lousy result, we finished 2nd last season and we top the group in our CL group the players need a kick up the rear, not Ole. Ole cares about this club and it shows.

Terminator2017

He's a very good manager but I want a proven winner and that's Conte.
Conte is not suited to the Manchester united style of play, he will
Become Jose 2. We need the players to listen and respect Ole, or someone like Rodgers.

UpWithRivers

Yes to the comparisons with Ole in terms of man management and being liked. If you remember how our players downed tools for Mourinho then it Conte could end up the same way. So its a bonus. But on top of his man management he is actually a much better manager, more experienced and actually knows what he is doing compared to Ole. Basically a massive upgrade.

Rodgers would walk out of Leicester right now to join us. That I have no doubt. It might be his last chance to prove himself at a top top club.

Drizzle

Getting sacked is silly, people over reacting because of one lousy result, we finished 2nd last season and we top the group in our CL group the players need a kick up the rear, not Ole. Ole cares about this club and it shows.
I'm assuming this is a wind-up but I'll take the bait.

It's the whole season so far, the entire season. Shit performances, shit results almost every week. After he'd been backed with top class players and with a squad that most observers agree is on a par with our rivals.

And that lousy result was one of the worst ever results in the entire history of Manchester United. Disgraceful and humiliating.

Finally, the fact that Ole cares about the club means less than nothing. I care about the club too - should I get the job?

FFS.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s been absolutely dreadful in Europe throughout his career. This season he’s doing well though so who knows? That does bring into question his ability to rotate and perform in multiple competitions though.

He’s done a decent job in winning a trophy with Leicester but the capitulations at the end of the last two seasons is a definite worry and mirrors Ole with the questions over mentality.

Not sure he’s the one for us really.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's another nearly man.

And then there's the fact he's a former Liverpool Manager. One they replaced because they needed a top Manager to take them to the next level.
Pretty much this. We won't get anywhere without a really competent high press coach.

captaincantona

Don’t get the “serial loser” tag...the vast majority of managers are serial losers...if you’re referring to trophies.

He was too good for Swansea...but what is he supposed to ‘win’ there that would change your opinion?

He took over a disjointed Liverpool side who were nowhere near consistent enough to challenge- he got them to within a hair of winning with limited investment. Because he didn’t win a league or CL...does that make him a serial loser?

Celtic doesn’t count.

Leicester - well even the most deluded Leicester fan would have to admit he has done a wonderful job considering he has had to sell key players has had limited investment etc. They are never a walk over and are a real threat to good opposition on their day. The FA Cup was a great achievement.

So if he can get results with limited investment, recruits well and most importantly- we know he is tactically astute who favours “technicians”... I’d say players like Greenwood, Sancho, DVB, Amad, Bruno and Pogba might actually flourish.

I’d take him in a heart beat- beggars can’t be choosers and all that

Siorac

He's obviously much better than Ole but we should have better options.

mav_9me

He is a very good coach. That would be the reason for me to get him. I am desperate for us to get a coach to get us playing good football.

Problem is he is full of himself. That kind of narcissism is never good in a leader.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
As a Leicester fan I think you'd be making a big mistake, he's not good enough to go toe to toe with Klopp, Tuchel and Pep. It's as simple as that.

We've got a fantastic squad that he's been lucky to inherit, don't for one moment think what we've done is all down to him.

He's about the best we can get (unless we got incredible lucky picky a manager from nowhere), but he's certainly not the best a club like Manchester United should be going for. Especially when you are already finishing top 4. Arsenal I could understand as they are a mid table club and finishing top 5 would be a good finish for them, it's not for you.

Dante

Average bang
No.

What's the upside? He's great at building an attack, but terrible at building a defence.

United's attack is already so talented that just about anyone could get it to score goals. Even against Liverpool, we could have easily got on the scoresheet more than once.

It's our defence that's the problem. For me, the next manager should be someone who great defensively, good at keeping possession, and functional at attacking. I know that this idea is anathema to a lot of people. But no football team can be amazing at everything, so it's about maximising the squad's qualities to win games.

I simply don't think Rodgers is the best fit to get us the most points in a season. We'd lose games 3-2 that another manager might win 2-1. Over the course of the season his team's attacking prowess wouldn't be enough to compensate for that. That's why he fails so often when he's under pressure. In the heat of battle during the final run-in, his style isn't pragmatic enough to close out games.

Highfather_24

Better fit than conte, but question marks over weather he is actually good enough and of course he is poisoned goods. So I'm inclined to say no.
United is a club of winners. Conte is a winner. Rodgers is a bottler. That in itself makes Conte a better fit.

L1nk

UCL titles? 0.

Major league titles? 0.

No, thanks!
I don't want Rodgers for other reasons but I hate this attitude. How many titles did Nagelsmann win before Bayern took him? How many titles for Pochettino before PSG took him? Let me guess they aren't good enough for us are they. There are countless other examples of big teams taking managers that haven't won trophies, is it preferable? I'm sure, is it the be all and end all? No. But I forgot we are the superior club to all these other big clubs aren't we and all we do is look down our nose at them in our superiority.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He pretty much jumps ship the second he gets the chance, he'd very obviously come here if we wanted him.

iHicksy

Klopp won't get sacked by Liverpool though. Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool.

Huge difference.
That's not the point at all. No one is saying they don't want him because he was sacked - they are saying they don't want him because "liverpool". Besides how many managers that are coaching toda for any period of time have never been sacked? Pep, Klopp...

Personally I think Conte would lead us to more success but his style of play would be less enjoyable and his formations would lead to fewer of our attackers being used. I'm concerned Sancho would be a victim of his formation. I really hate the idea of convincing a player of his talent to join and then side lining him. With Brendon we may win slightly less to start with but I think the football would be really really good. I don't know about you but I like to watch my team play great attacking football, and his sides always have. I'm sure he'd find an effective way to play our best players.

He's also massively improved since his Liverpool days. With Conte we'd likely only get him for a couple of years where as Brendon is much younger and would likely build a dynasty if everything aligned.

Terminator2017

I'm assuming this is a wind-up but I'll take the bait.

It's the whole season so far, the entire season. Shit performances, shit results almost every week. After he'd been backed with top class players and with a squad that most observers agree is on a par with our rivals.

And that lousy result was one of the worst ever results in the entire history of Manchester United. Disgraceful and humiliating.

Finally, the fact that Ole cares about the club means less than nothing. I care about the club too - should I get the job?

FFS.
Ole has not even had 4 months with this team yet, plsu he has had to fit Ronaldo in aswell, the team needs time to gel, if we can put in performance like we did in the 2nd half of the Atalanta game, then we are not far off from where we should be, even Gary Neville says he does not think it would help to sack Ole, we are Manchester United, not Chelsea, we don't fix our problems by bringing another manager in through the revolving door and expect him to wave his magic wand and perform miracles. Ole has had his ups and downs but overall YOU CANNOT SAY we have not made progress and now we have had an influx of new players, surely they need time to gel and settle in, we do not need knee jerk reactions, this is Manchester United football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.