• Yes

Votes: 515 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoduS

I would rather keep Ole than get Rodgers. I would rather keep Ole until he quits himself.

lex talionis

Well, we are going nowhere. This club prefers to hire a serial bottler over a serial winner.
Saint Stevie bottled it for Liverpool under Brendan's watch. As for Leicester City, did they not exceed all reasonable expectations by being in the top four conversation?

Still, it would have to be Conte over Rodgers if we really do have the two to choose from.

This is how I rank the purported options right now:

Ten Hag > Zidane > Conte > Rodgers > Pocchetino

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, mate.
Well if it's any consolation, Paul Hirst earlier reported that Solskjaer will likely be dismissed after the next few games. Which tells me that they're possibly wanting to get to the International break which may give them time to bring in a interim.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It would be mental to pick Rodgers over Conte. Both are massive upgrades on OGS though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well if it's any consolation, Paul Hirst earlier reported that Solskjaer will likelybe dismissed after the next few games. Which tells me that they're possibly wanting to get to the International break which may give them time to bring in a interim.
See I don’t want an interim manager now. After Ole I’m just worried that the board will make a hasty decision again. Hirst’s piece is promising though.

Skills

Snitch
Only reason I would hire Brendan Rodgers to manage my club is, so that I could sack him - immediately.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Saint Stevie bottled it for Liverpool under Brendan's watch. As for Leicester City, did they not exceed all reasonable expectations by being in the top four conversation?

Still, it would have to be Conte over Rodgers if we really do have the two to choose from.

This is how I rank the purported options right now:

Ten Hag > Zidane > Conte > Rodgers > Pocchetino
For me it's more like:

Ten Hag > Conte > Zidane > letting fecking Ole keep it until the bitter end > Pochettino > whoever has the most impressive save going in the caf FM thread > Rodgers

WakeAndBeek

A lot of the “cringeworthy” Rodgers stuff people are mentioning is from his time at Liverpool and before, aka near on a decade ago at the latest. From what I’ve seen he comes across very respectably in the media in his time at Leicester.

Reiver

I like Rodgers, I like the way his teams play and how they set up, although they can be defensively suspect at times. I would take him at Utd. That being said, I think there are better candidates. But would I take him over Ole right now? For sure.

CloneMC16

Nope. We'd change one bottler for another. He's bottled it with Liverpool and Leicester now. He is better than Ole. He's a good manager, and would manage us with some class (similar to Ole), but he's still not good enough.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Oh god. Sticking to OGS to the summer and going for Rodgers? So we will probably stay irrelevant to 2025? Great!
It seems you've been rattled by this Rodgers news. You normally come across very calm and collected from my observation and have never seen you react in this way.

the_cliff

I'd rather have Rodgers than Poch tbh, at least Rodgers won an FA Cup with Leicester which is more than what Poch accomplished.

Jackal981

feck this go British shit. Its not like they are serial cup winners or something like that. Overpriced duds they are

DON’T PANIC ™

For me it's more like:

Ten Hag > Conte > Zidane > letting fecking Ole keep it until the bitter end > Pochettino > whoever has the most impressive save going in the caf FM thread > Rodgers
Pretty much. Maybe stick Potter in before Rodgers.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It seems you've been rattled by this Rodgers news. You normally come across very calm and collected from my observation and have never seen you react in this way.
Yes. It makes me worried. Sorry about that. Will try to explain better later.

DavelinaJolie

I guess they just want someone that is pliable enough to suck it up, rather than make demands of them.

Al-T

Decent manager but Ex Liverpool and ex Celtic. It's a no for me.

Kaos

The odds of him being the next manager have halved - they're at around 4/1 now.

Ugh, why do I see this happening.

choccy77

If United lose tomorrow it's going to be Hell the next few days for stories and rumour's, but in all honesty, the Champions League game is the MUST win game or we are basically out of the CL if we lose.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Roger is a good manager who develops talent and buys the right players. I think Leicester is punching above their belt having little budget. I do think the club will play better team football, rather than individual brilliance. My only problem is he can live up to expectations and pressure in Utd? He is definitely one of the manager that I will consider.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He‘s good but not amazing and he’s ex Liverpool. Would any Liverpool fan consider taking him back over Klopp? Out of millions of Liverpool fans all over the world you would not find ONE who would do that. Even if Poch is not much better than Rodgers, he’d be better because of the above. United shouldn’t be appointing ex Liverpool managers who were sacked. Dippers will be slaughtering you. Also, if he’s going to cost compensation, why wait till the summer?

Reactions: moses

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If we leave it till the summer I can guarantee that we'll stick with Ole regardless. This is just the club trying to buy time to let the heat die down on Ole, as they know fans have short memories and are a fickle bunch.

It's either Ole until some time next season at the minimum or he makes a mess of the next 3 games and it's Conte. I can't see any other way this plays out knowing how we operate.

Basically if you want Conte as our next manager, or a change of manager at all, it has to happen now ie we do bad enough in the next three games to back Woodward & co into a corner. What a shit situation to be in as a United fan not blinded by loyalty to ex players.

Hawks2008

Would be a depressing appointment, I'd honestly rather stick with Ole than get this guy.

NoLogo

Not sure. On the one hand, I think he got Leicster playing fairly well but on the other hand I can't stand the prick. I don't think I would like him more if he became our manager, which would really suck. Also I'm not sure about the British manager thing, non of them seem really special and generally I feel like British managers seem always to be a bit behind the times compared to their Spanish, Dutch and German counterparts.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If we leave it till the summer I can guarantee that we'll stick with Ole regardless. This is just the club trying to buy time to let the heat die down on Ole, as they know fans have short memories and are a fickle bunch.

It's either Ole until some time next season at the minimum or he makes a mess of the next 3 games and it's Conte. I can't see any other way this plays out knowing how we operate.

Basically if you want Conte as our next manager, or a change of manager at all, it has to happen now ie we do bad enough in the next three games to back Woodward & co into a corner. What a shit situation to be in as a United fan not blinded by loyalty to ex players.
I don’t think Ole is coaching you NEXT season but they really are hoping he’ll do something in the next 3 games. But the question should always be “Is he good enough?”. Regardless of the next 3 games, this issue will come back because he can no longer manage the massively bloated squad he‘s created and he’s technically miles behind almost every coach in the league. I think summer was the perfect time to move him on because he would have left with consecutive Champions League qualifications and there’d have been good reason to mutually consent him because of the Europa League. That would have let you get Ten Haag in for a while pre-season and with Champions League.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The club is doing what fans have been asking for a long time which is having a clear direction and idea that should be followed. The idea and direction is to play attacking football and youth development. Rodgers fits into that more than Conte

Hawks2008

The club is doing what fans have been asking for a long time which is having a clear direction and idea that should be followed. The idea and direction is to play attacking football and youth development. Rodgers fits into that more than Conte
In each season Conte was at Inter they were the second highest scoring team in the league, only behind Gasperini's Atalanta. The season he won the league at Chelsea they were also the second highest scoring team and only a goal behind Spurs, his teams can and do score heavily. Even if Rodgers' style is more easy on the eye I don't think it's more effective than Conte's, and he doesnt bring the title winning pedigree of Conte either. I agree the ideal candidate should play an attacking brand of football and intergrate our younger players, which is why I would like to see someone like Ten Hag at the club. I don't see him being available til after the season though, and we need to replace our current manager sooner rather than later.

The best available guy out there is Conte, and if we overlooked him for someone like Brendan Rodgers it would say a lot about the clubs ambition and standards.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How anyone can look at Klopp, Pep and Tuchel managing our rivals and want this guy is only telling me they are blind to the competition in front of us.

He's a good manager but not the guy we should be going after if we want to win things and make our rivals feel the heat of playing againt us again. He'll fecking No I voted!!
Our? From a Real Madrid fan?

I definitely think we should target others first. Ten Hag and Conte on opposite ends of the spectrum for example. But IF the club want a safe PL option and someone who isn't going to rock the boat (which seems to be their issue with one this generations best coaches I.e Conte) then Rodgers seems a decent option. I think he's an excellent coach but like others I'm not sure about the personality and mentality of his teams as they often stumble at the last hurdle when the pressure is on. So while I'd prefer someone else it were really going to be safe and unimaginative, sure, I'll take him. At least he can modernise our football, tactically.

Status
Not open for further replies.