Would you take Zlatan for a year?

Would you take Zlatan back on a short-term deal?

• Total voters

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I would have Zlatan here in a heartbeat. He was a great leader for us. Even if his level is questionable now, his mentality & experience would be invaluable for our young team.

Withnail

He scored more than "a few goals" was a great leader on and off the pitch.
Does that mean he would come back and improve the team?

The MLS is an old folk's home and there's a reason he's playing there. Robbie Keane was the MLS League and Cup MVP a few years after being finished in the PL.

The_Order

Does that mean he would come back and improve the team?

The MLS is an old folk's home and there's a reason he's playing there. Robbie Keane was the MLS League and Cup MVP a few years after being finished in the PL.
I can't speak to what he can do now and I never was.

But discounting his previous impact and contributions would be disingenuous.

Tel074

Bollocks. Ole has been in a dressing room with some of the biggest ego's in football. He knows their benefits along with their flaws. I think what he would find with Zlatan is much like Mourinho found, a player who's personality lent itself to take pressure off the rest of the team. I kinda think this might be a move he ultimately goes for much like Fergie did with Larson.

Also... https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ts-manchester-united-training-session-at-ucla the yeah Mourinho got sacked and Ole got appointed. Maybe we did get our great thing.

So because you don't agree with the other posters post you start yours with . Bollocks ! Seriously ? I dont think ole would take zlatan either because of his age and but I suppose that's bollocks as well because you have a different opinion

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If we're in deep shit in Jan, and really struggling for goals/with injuries then it wouldn't be a bad loan signing until the end of the season.

However, i'd hope we'd actually try and buy someone if that was the case.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd take him over Llorente that's for sure.

Can't see it happening.

Fracture90

He left because he was still recovering from a serious injury and because we'd not only signed Lukaku who was supposed to be our long term solution, but also just signed Sanchez in January as well. Neither Lukaku nor Sanchez are options for us now, and Zlatan has since recovered from that injury with a good amount of football under his belt. He'll also get more minutes this season, given how thin our frontline is. He is slow, but pace didn't help us break down Palace sitting deep.
Mate he's playing in a pub league and he's got the speed and the agility of a brick shiithouse.

He left because he saw that the game was past him.

MUFC OK

With Sanchez gone, I'd absolutely take Zlatan back as a bench option, for the Europa League and especially against the smaller teams.

It makes be laugh when people were celebrating Lukaku leaving the club (because of his record against big teams). well what about his record against smaller teams? take the palace game for example - smaller teams will sit back and make it tough for us at OT. Rashford and Martial want space to run into and run behing - see Chelsea game. Lukaku is a penalty box striker, exactly what you need against those smaller sides and people have short memories because that is exactly why jose brought him in - we couldn't beat the smaller teams in his first season.

Zlatan can help in that regard - hes a better, stronger striker for use against the smaller clubs - whats more he is a leader. it can only be beneficial having him around the likes of Greenwood for their development. I'd definitely take him as an option, and is this is why Sanchez has been allowed to leave, I accept that.

StrettyEnder07

Absolutely love Zlatan, take him back without any hesitation, him as a 10 or Lingard/Mata, absolute no brainer!

Hughes35

Would love this to happen. Great mentality and as a starter against weaker teams or coming off the bench he would still be a great option and deliver some big moments.

redshaw

I would if he has no illusions that he'll be a sub and start if there's injuries. He'd work well with Pogba.

Just wonder if it's worth it for him to come here in Jan and then I guess he goes back? Not sure on the season dates in the US.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
How could we not?

He's still an utter boss, Rashford could do with Zlatan to give his head a wobble and Martial could learn from him too.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Ole has said we aren't looking at any more signings. We've made loads as it is and have a massive squad already.

pablotatt

A lot of you are seemingly forgetting how utterly shite he was before he left us.

greendevil

We are a laughing stock as it is without bringing back a 37 year old! Yes he was good player the first time around but the rigours of the Premier League are worlds apart from the MLS.
I understand peoples thinking about him being an influence around the place but it would be a ask of him to perform and could even undermine people already here.

Gopher Brown

If we wanted a big target man, we’ve just sold two this year alone.

I had mixed feelings about his time here. He scored quite a few, but I remember him being static and wasteful for a lot of it too. Two things we cannot afford to have in this team.

izec

If we wanted a big target man, we’ve just sold two this year alone.

I had mixed feelings about his time here. He scored quite a few, but I remember him being static and wasteful for a lot of it too. Two things we cannot afford to have in this team.
He would come in from the bench most of the time or play some games in the cups.

It wont happen anyway, i dont think we will go for him

Lee565

Yes, I think fans are down playing how good he maybe physically still, Giggs was still doing it in his late 30's in the premier league so I see no reason why ibra wouldn't physically be able to still handle it, you have to remember he was out of action for a long tme and had very little match sharpness when he left us so it's no wonder he didnt look great in his last few games with us.

I very much doubt his ability in front of goal has dropped that considerably either, plus his overall warrior, leadership and winner mentality would be great to have around such a young squad.

ToToMarshall

No, he looked finished nearly 2 years ago. Even before an injury that would be catastrophic for a man 10 years younger, as good as he was he was still problematic for us in 16/17. We need to move on from Zlatan.

TheRedDevil2019

Absolutely, on the basis of a squad rotation role where Ibra comes on for 30min run-outs and the occasional start, then I'd take him back without a second thought.

LARulz

We need a leader so yes but I honestly can't imagine Solskjaer putting Ibra in his place if he needs to without it causing issues

fps

Their season ends October with post-season ending on 10th November. A Beckham style deal where he came and trained/played over Christmas and until the MLS season began again might make good sense - that is when the fixtures come thick and fast, and therefore back-up could definitely be needed.

Usually, you would say no, but the need for players may dictate otherwise. We have seen that Zlatan was nowhere near his best after his knee injury, but Falcao too took a long time to recover from an injury (spending his time in England recovering), and then got back, not to his best, but a good level. Zlatan may be a good person to have around the club for that period, and he clearly loves the club.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would be funny for the post match interviews. Not so much for the rebuilding project for United.

The Urban Goose

Definitely. How old was Teddy Sheringham? He'd be perfect to have around training and in the dressing room too.

dogwithabone

No. It would be taking sentiment too far. I agree that he’d probably still be capable of the odd big moment but Llorente, all things considered, would be a better option. He played quite a bit of PL football last year and it’s not like we are looking for a striker to be the main source of goals, we just need someone to take the heat off Rashford and Martial every now and then.