Would you want Ronaldo back?

Would you want Ronaldo back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JmRssll555

Does anyone actually think we are even contemplating spending £400m on him, never mind the full £800mil release clause? That clause is just about ego and I'm sure it is purely an 'on-paper' figure. In reality, Real would probably let him go for less than £200mil, in my opinion. Given his age, I still don't think we should be paying that for him, by the way. If we can get him for £150mil and wages of around £400k per week, then I think we should do it. That's basically just using Zlatan's wages, plus a little bit more.

RedRover

Does anyone actually think we are even contemplating spending £400m on him, never mind the full £800mil release clause? That clause is just about ego and I'm sure it is purely an 'on-paper' figure. In reality, Real would probably let him go for less than £200mil, in my opinion. Given his age, I still don't think we should be paying that for him, by the way. If we can get him for £150mil and wages of around £400k per week, then I think we should do it. That's basically just using Zlatan's wages, plus a little bit more.
If the player really wants to leave, just like any player at any club, he'll get his way.

At 32 I suspect no club will pay anywhere near the figures being talked about anyway. Real will know that. They also won't want to keep an unhappy player.

Mal donaghy

Tosser wants a pay rise hit the ignore button.
Inside ronaldos dictionary, under gullible, is a picture of us Manchester United's fans!

Mickfoley

I don't want Rashford's and Martial's progress to be halted, so no.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He will stay. This is a smokescreen by pro-benfica journo abola to cover for the corruption scandal going on. So don't get your hopes very high.

DavelinaJolie

Of course! He may be on the decline age wise but he is still a cut above anyone in our squad. Of course I think all of this is hot air, but if was available I'd be all for it.

Minimalist

Anyone saying no is on the fecking wine.

Fee and wages aside, if you could bring him in, you bloody would. Jesus Christ Zlatan at 35 was a huge influence despite our poor league showing - imagine 3-4 years of Ronaldo.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Anyone saying no is on the fecking wine.

Fee and wages aside, if you could bring him in, you bloody would. Jesus Christ Zlatan at 35 was a huge influence despite our poor league showing - imagine 3-4 years of Ronaldo.
I believe even at 150m euros would be a solid investment. Goals goals goals while the backbone of the team is polished

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Didn't we argue that even if the world's best player were to come here, people would still find something to complain about? Point proven.

RedRevongge

If we get him back we have a good chance of winning the league for the next 3 seasons. Commercially it would also make a lot of sense. Also the chance to have arguably the greatest player of all time finish his career at United is very tempting

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
My pragmatic part of the brain says yes.

My emotional part of the brain says feck you for leaving us in the first place. You made every game and all the surroundings about you and your stupid circus - such a fantastic player but it was like supporting Ronaldo, not United - Every buildup was Ronaldo ronaldo Ronaldo, Even Giggs, Rooney, Scholes - big United players didnt get any focus compared to your stupid circus. Focusing on where to pose/whine for the cameras when hit. All. The. Time. And your mom, Dolores, was so annoying in the media - like the annoying grandma of a sitcom no onr can stand. And then after dragging us through your stupid "im a slave" show you went and say "I'll stay" on video transmitted on the day of the Champions League final to 'end the speculations' that had been all about you for around 2 freaking seasons. Then moved to the circus that is Real Madrid. You even smiled confidently with a douchebag smile at the 'i stay' interview to calm us fans/feeders of your ego. I lost everything for you that day. A hollow shell of a person. Everything you do is about money, you or PR about you. But I guess the late ronaldo has grown up and got some class and other manners. Nope - after being murdered by a moth you took all the glory from the real heroes of Portugal (Saint Eder, Pepe and co) by throwing your shirt for 30 minutes grabbing the trophy and posing at every chance you got - an unentitled selfmasturbation.
feck it, i'll even go there: you make kids off a surrogate mom like they dont even deserve to grow up with a mom and your gold and ego is all they'd ever need. Scum of the earth.

Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back, Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan. This is Stan.

Woah.

Kant-ona

Sky Germany reported that Real wants 300 mio for him. Even for 200 I would say no. If United does this kind of craziness, there won't be any other issue the whole season.

If he is available for less... who knows.

dakingpin1999

Reals asking price for ronaldo is £200m! Fcuk that shiit. If there is one dumb ass club that would pay that amount its utd.

el3mel

Price doesn't really matter if Ronaldo pushed for leaving they will have to sell for lower price eventually. It all depends on Ronaldo, not Madrid.

Eriku

Too much money for a player who may not have that many years left at top level. That and our style of play would have to be centred around him getting goals. I'd rather we move on. He wanted out, and stayed despite him not getting anywhere near the loyalty and adoration he had here. Him getting sick of it and wanting to retire here just doesn't sit well with me.

I might be entirely wrong. He seems to get more and more determined, takes tremendously good care of himself. I'd love to be wrong and find that he was winding down five years from now, having grabbed the league and the CL with us and having been a leader in the team. We'll see if we get to find out, or if this is an elaborate tactic to get better terms for a new contract, or a move elsewhere.

manunited1919

He has just won three Balon D'or's in 4 years, which might turn out to be 4 in 5 years if he wins the next one. He has helped Real win 3 out of 4 Champions Leagues. When exactly would have been a good time to sign a player like that in your opinion? Just makes no sense at all considering we signed Zlatan last season at 35 years old, who has won how many Balon D'ors and how many Champions Leagues?
You do realize we would be signing a 32 year old on a 6 year deal? The decline is coming, almost certainly in this period. Or his knee injuries could get worse in the physical premier league. I hope our club has learned something from the Rooney contract.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You do realize we would be signing a 32 year old on a 6 year deal? The decline is coming, almost certainly in this period. Or his knee injuries could get worse in the physical premier league. I hope our club has learned something from the Rooney contract.
Please....seriously???

el3mel

Who said the contract will be for 6 years ? Also Ronaldo will never, never reach Rooney's current state even when he declined.

Anyway relax because he'll remain at Madrid, but I'm surprised that some here can actually refuse a Ballon D'Or winner because he's 32. I won't ask anymore when I see Caf members refusing to sign any player because even Ronaldo got the same treatment.

NoLogo

Are people really thinking he would come here with Jose in charge after the way they parted in Madrid? Can't see the two ever working together again. It actually surprised me that it took so long for their two egos to clash when Mou was still Real Madrid manager.

jem

How can it even be a question? Not only would he provide an instant boost, but he'd make us a lot more attractive for up-and-coming players.

RU Devil

Yes, especially at the currently mooted price of 131m. That's almost a bargain, assuming we basically use him as the striker that he really is now. Yeah, we'd be paying for Mbappe to Real, but then we don't have to buy Moratta. Figure he's good for at least 2-3 good years, and another 2-3 years of usefulness when properly rested/rotated. Imagine the effect he'd have on youngsters like Rashford & Martial, with his unparalleled work ethic & how he takes care of himself.

A lot depends on the price, as I don't think it's worth it to go much over 150m, but I'd think we'd recoup a lot of that on marketing, plus the 'galactico' effect on recruiting.

Now, do I think he'll actually leave RM? I think it's about 30-70 against right now. Figure this is mostly a strop to help get the authorities in line or somehow reduce the hit to his pocket. But......

Drz

Please....seriously???
I think people are confusing him with Rooney.
Sure there will be a decline as nature dictates, but he is physical specimen and his technique won't go out the window. He is proficient with both feet, and is an underrated crosser of the ball. Could he emulate what Zlatan did for us but with more efficiency? I think he can. Also at some point we need experienced players too (Assuming Rooney leaves and Carrick is on his last season). As for his mentality, do UTD fans really doubt his will to keep winning? Given how he came out fighting after the clash with Rooney in the Euros, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
A CR7 with a point to prove could be deadly.
I still hate the fact that we are going to be financing Real Madrid's summer transfer project. (Almost like they came to us with a request for +100mil and we get to choose a player that is willing to leave). With that in mind if it is a straight choice between CR7 or Mbappé, I'd choose the future, Mbappé.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What will he gain by playing in league 1. Nothing, might not even be a cl contender, while in epl with the massive tv deal and top managers in the England this could potentially blow the roof at old Trafford.

Imagine the revenue which is already at its highest . Top mid top defense and a rebuiling of attack can deliver us 2-3 epl titles with some cl too when winning league titles is very hard. It will also crush the peps city project and wengers:lol:, mourinho can get one up on Chelsea who sacked him:D. And most likely it will further boost the clubs image as a real dominant power house in football.

I know it's a muppet dream and he will stay but if ever he were to leave it's not total bad decision to make it happen given his phenomenal fitness, discipline and ruthlessness in front of goal. It would massively help our youngsters too and help us sign more top talents for the future.

If Ronaldo comes we could also re think our position on de gea whos value will boost the purchase as well when someone like Donna is available too for low prices because of his contract situation.
The benefits for us are huge I agree, but the benefit to him isn't as obvious.
Come back to a place you were very good, there's a risk he isn't as good and tarnish the previous.
Also, it's so competitive here now even with him on board we might not win it still.

Go to PSG you do guarantee titles, he could look forward to an even sillier total of goals, and conquer a third league.

Green_Red

I still need to wake up but I want Ronaldo, Morata and De Gea all playing football at Old Trafford next season.

Edit. Im awake now. Please keep De Gea Jose...

Aki_United

I think people are confusing him with Rooney.
Sure there will be a decline as nature dictates, but he is physical specimen and his technique won't go out the window. He is proficient with both feet, and is an underrated crosser of the ball. Could he emulate what Zlatan did for us but with more efficiency? I think he can. Also at some point we need experienced players too (Assuming Rooney leaves and Carrick is on his last season). As for his mentality, do UTD fans really doubt his will to keep winning? Given how he came out fighting after the clash with Rooney in the Euros, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
A CR7 with a point to prove could be deadly.
I still hate the fact that we are going to be financing Real Madrid's summer transfer project. (Almost like they came to us with a request for +100mil and we get to choose a player that is willing to leave). With that in mind if it is a straight choice between CR7 or Mbappé, I'd choose the future, Mbappé.
Yes, would be awesome for Pogba, too. But still risky to lose him again, when he is on his prime like Ronnie. I want new players, who love United and give their best for the club. Herrara is a good example. Let´s build a new Ronnie with Mbappê and keep him this time. The price tag is to high for CR7, he is 32 for fecks sake. Would take him for maximum 70, not for 150.

vidic blood & sand

Yes, would be awesome for Pogba, too. But still risky to lose him again, when he is on his prime like Ronnie. I want new players, who love United and give their best for the club. Herrara is a good example. Let´s build a new Ronnie with Mbappê and keep him this time. The price tag is to high for CR7, he is 32 for fecks sake. Would take him for maximum 70, not for 150.
Give me a break. United would probably make 100M on shirt sales and business marketing within the first few months of his transfer. We are a marketing powerhouse, and with Ronaldo fronting the team, shit I dread to think how much we'd make.

Moonwalker

From the forum that crucified Sir Alex for supposed short-termism, and selfishness, in signing a 29 year old striker, this is quite remarkable. We now want a manager who doesn't play with this type of player, didn't get along with him previously, to move heaven and earth in order to sign him (this without even going into the manner in which he left previously). The levels of crazed infatuation with this person are noxious.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not gonna happen, but I would welcome world class players at the club.

Axkiko

Really a big surprise for me to see there's someone who voted no. Rejecting the best player on the planet to play for United.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Of course! He may be on the decline age wise but he is still a cut above anyone in our squad. Of course I think all of this is hot air, but if was available I'd be all for it.
he is also if not the best in the world then in the top 2