Would you want Ronaldo back?

Would you want Ronaldo back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KristianMackle

Crucify me but I don't think he would do that. Just as getting Ibrahimovic didn't, even though lot of people predicted his influence would make us real title contenders. In the end we finished sixth.
Can't really compare Ibra to Ronaldo. Ronaldo has a lot more to his game than Ibra and will make us title contenders immediately.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
People think Ronaldo would solely make us title contenders are deluded. He wont replicate his Madrid form at United just like that. He played for the best team, in a set up that was just perfect for him. We're not half as good as the current RM side

Kammy26

People think Ronaldo would solely make us title contenders are deluded. He wont replicate his Madrid form at United just like that. He played for the best team, in a set up that was just perfect for him. We're not half as good as the current RM side
Exactly I've seen people on here saying we would win the premier league for the next 3 years and be instant champions league favourites, WTF :wenger:. Some people on here are seriously overestimating ronaldo and seriously underestimating Real Madrids first team. They have world class players all over the pitch and the bench.

Plus most of the season on here everyone was saying ronaldo is on the way down now all of a sudden we're supposedly linked and he's going to be the best in the world for the next 4 years.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Exactly I've seen people on here saying we would win the premier league for the next 3 years and be instant champions league favourites, WTF :wenger:. Some people on here are seriously overestimating ronaldo and seriously underestimating Real Madrids first team. They have world class players all over the pitch and the bench.

Plus most of the season on here everyone was saying ronaldo is on the way down now all of a sudden we're supposedly linked and he's going to be the best in the world for the next 4 years.
Every Madrid player is one of the best in his position. They have one of the very best midfields, if not the best. Their back 4 is rock solid and upfront they have excellent players warming the bench. They play very efficiently and to Ronaldo's strengths. And this is why he's been on top for such a long time. To replicate that at United will be very difficult and too big of an investment

Kammy26

Every Madrid player is one of the best in his position. They have one of the very best midfields, if not the best. Their back 4 is rock solid and upfront they have excellent players warming the bench. They play very efficiently and to Ronaldo's strengths. And this is why he's been on top for such a long time. To replicate that at United will be very difficult and too big of an investment
Yes to be the main man he needs a supporting cast that we just don't have. This is not ronaldo of 06-12 he's just a pure poacher these days.

I still remember when he picked the ball up on the half way line at Fulham and just ran with it and scored that game was were I felt we won the title, but this ronaldo that drags teams to trophies is gone and he's never coming back, a total different player these days albeit a very very good one.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We'd be the new Galacticos, and he'd be a Zidane-esque signing. I'd say Ronaldo at 32 is comparable to Zidane at 29 in terms of potential longevity and impact. He wouldn't solve all of our problems but he'd have enough individual class to win games on his own at the highest level. I think it'd make for an incredible story if he was to follow up consecutive CL titles with Madrid with bringing United back to the top.

Flying high

Of course. But not with this "De Gea+175 mil" deal.
I think my maximum price for him would be around £140m. No swap deals.

There is a point where the price would be detrimental to us. But if we can still afford to strengthen other areas while he's here then we should surely go for it. If actually available of course.

Mallrat83

Personally I say no. He's a great player and we would recoup the transfer fee and wages easily in new commercial deals. He would strengthen the team so much. However we need to remember it's a massive transfer fee for a 32year old. Sure he looks after his body so he will be in a better position than Alot of 32year old attacking players, but no matter how well you look after yourself you can't stop your body from aging.
We developed him, and unfortunately let him goto Madrid so they could have him at his prime.
I'd personally prefer we spend that transfer fee on the next big thing or a good player that is about to hit there prime so we can get a good number of years out of them.
I don't think the transfer will happen, if it did I'd be happy we have attracted one of the top 2 players in the world but I would be keeping a cautious outlook, just like I still do with having Jose as manager because I want the youth to come through and he hasn't got a great history of doing that.

f_to_z

The negative things about him :
- Age 32, most can give 2-3 seasons
- Transfer price and wages over the roof
- Needs the team built around him
- Previous issues with Mourinho

The positives :
- Will score a minimum 25 goals a season
- Will make united title contenders
- Brings in winning mentality
- Great mentor for United youth

The question is will he come to United?
I think 99% not and leave 1% for error.

MullerUtd

If he comes back to us, I will donate £200 to the caf. That's how confident I am he won't. All of these are clearly just to feed his ego, he won't leave Real.

Siorac

It's very simplistic thinking: last time he was here we won the league three times in a row and were one of the top dogs in the CL as well. So with him back, we'll return to that status immediately.

This of course ignores the obvious fact that we had a vastly superior team back then compared to what we have now, as demonstrated by how we remained competitive on all fronts even after his departure.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Yep. I don't normally worry about transfer fees, but if signing Ronaldo would mean not signing other players in other areas badly in need of improvement and the loss of Dave then no. But if he was just another transfer among the other players Jose wanted then why the hell wouldn't I? I mean did you see how good he's been recently? He might well be on the decline, but even 2 good seasons out of him would be awesome.

ghagua

He is using United again. Every time he needs to be sucked up to, he uses the threat of joining United to get what he wants. Loved him as a player when he was here and still watch him a lot, but he could feck right off.

IFC 1905

Totally agree with this. People still think that he wins games single-haddedly, but forget that he plays for a team with superstars in every position. A team that we are miles away from atm.

We need to plan for the long term and use the money to strengthen other areas in the squad IMO.

Everyone forgot how bad he was playing until these last months. He was even hurting Madrid.

MullerUtd

He is using United again. Every time he needs to be sucked up to, he uses the threat of joining United to get what he wants. Loved him as a player when he was here and still watch him a lot, but he could feck right off.
Exactly. The fact that so many worship him and want him back after he feck us off for Madrid, saying he's treated like a slave and Madrid is his dream club is mind-boggling. No mistake, he's probably one of the best players in our history but he clearly doesn't love United as much as how people made him out to be.

Squaaaad

Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of him coming back. That book was closed 8 years ago and he hasn't looked back so neither should we.

ghagua

Exactly. The fact that so many worship him and want him back after he feck us off for Madrid, saying he's treated like a slave and Madrid is his dream club is mind-boggling. No mistake, he's probably one of the best players in our history but he clearly doesn't love United as much as how people made him out to be.
Honestly, I don't hold it against him for joining Real Madrid if that was his dream. What pisses me off is he keeps professing his love for United every time his contract is up for renewal or he is upset about something at Real Madrid. He has achieved everything at Real, so if he loved United as much as he says he does, then he would come back and get the feck on with it. He just simply wants attention from Perez, so he is using United again.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Has to be said, the periodic flirting with United whenever he wants to put pressure on Madrid is getting almost as annoying the flirting with Madrid when he was still at United. For someone who professes to love the club so much it all seems kind of disrespectful. Although no doubt his adoring fans on here will disagree.

bonothom

Agree totally. How many times has he used the "I love United" line to get a better deal at Madrid. If he loved United that much he wouldn't have been playing at Madrid the past 8 years. A preening tosser never held in the same affection as Cantona, Giggs, Scholes, Best, Charlton, Law, Birtles....