Wout Weghorst - Manchester United Player (on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

Very intrigued to see him in our team. Seems much better in the ball than I had originally thought.

He will get +10 goals.

bosskeano

the last two lines sums it up....he has that mentality, he has that fight mentality

croadyman

the last two lines sums it up....he has that mentality, he has that fight mentality
Imagine him, Casa and Rapha celebrating a big goal somewhere like Anfield or Emirates,someone inject that into my veins

RopersReturn

Hoping that Weghorst’s arrival will pave the way for Martials exit. I just think Martial has lost enthusiasm playing for us now, and wants a move.

Marcus

No pressure Wout. Please score in each of the games you play in.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was kinda hoping he'd go for 13. I remember Brian McClair wearing 13 and Weghorst signed on Friday 13 January 2023. 13 seemed an obvious choice.

27 makes sense though, cos 2+7=9 and he's a 9.

Grunnn123

Very intrigued to see him in our team. Seems much better in the ball than I had originally thought.

He will get +10 goals.
He is a exelent header and scores with both feet. He is good on the ball and a a supurb presser. EtH found us a striker that i think will give us 15 + goals and possible someone who stayes after the summer.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He is a exelent header and scores with both feet. He is good on the ball and a a supurb presser. EtH found us a striker that i think will give us 15 + goals and possible someone who stayes after the summer.
I hope you're right. At the very least Ten Hag will get the best out of him. There have been a few passages of play where we would have surely scored more if an out and out striker had been in the right space.

lex talionis

tbf Martial was probably injured when he played. So he probably had to play within himself -- when he did so the past couple of matches so as not to aggravate the injury further.
You have to be right about that. Martial barely got into the game.

vanrooney

Hoping that Weghorst’s arrival will pave the way for Martials exit. I just think Martial has lost enthusiasm playing for us now, and wants a move.
eth sees martial as a vocal point of our attack. he rates his play and said so many times. also his performance yesterday was seen as very good from eth and i agree. nevertheless many fans see him as a failure cause they only see goals as relevant criteria for a striker.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
In a weird way, I may actually be more excited to see his debut than any other recent signing. I’ve been banging the drum for so long about how a proper number 9 would transform this team. Can’t believe we finally have one. Even if he’s not world class (or even nearly world class) I honestly think he could be more transformative than any of the summer signings. Even Casemiro.

Brophs

The One and Only
In a weird way, I may actually be more excited to see his debut than any other recent signing. I’ve been banging the drum for so long about how a proper number 9 would transform this team. Can’t believe we finally have one. Even if he’s not world class (or even nearly world class) I honestly think he could be more transformative than any of the summer signings. Even Casemiro.
I alwsys make this (crap) analogy, but I suspect it'll turn out like the second coming of Flamini at Arsenal. It's readily apparent he's not quite good enough, but he shows you what you've been missing in that position in terms of the things he does and the intensity he does them with. I can see Martial basically losing his place to him, not because Weghorst is a world class striker, but because he'll do a lot of the things world class strikers do, even if not quite to their level. Whereas Martial does a few things to a world class level, but so infrequently that it doesn't really move the needle at all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I alwsys make this (crap) analogy, but I suspect it'll turn out like the second coming of Flamini at Arsenal. It's readily apparent he's not quite good enough, but he shows you what you've been missing in that position in terms of the things he does and the intensity he does them with. I can see Martial basically losing his place to him, not because Weghorst is a world class striker, but because he'll do a lot of the things world class strikers do, even if not quite to their level. Whereas Martial does a few things to a world class level, but so infrequently that it doesn't really move the needle at all.
As always I sound like Graham Souness about most things football but if we finally have opposition central defenders worried about getting rolled if they try to nip in to intercept and a striker who can make the ball stick when we pass it long it will make such a huge difference to our other attacking players. And these are basic fecking skills that have been absent from our front line for far too fecking long.

EDIT: Jesus. Why did they have to put a photo of Fellaini immediately above this post. Way to ruin my buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.