Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops73

Could Kompany put the kibosh on this? certainly for this week because of his City connections?

Grande

I suppose my perspective is coloured by my Dutch accent and how I perceive English as a non-native speaker myself; but the Dutch 'w' I'm used to isn't represented very well on that wegpage Grande quotes, where I agree there is a sort of 'v' sound at the start of their pronunciation of e.g. 'woord'. Basically take away that 'v' sound (almost a breath) at the very start of the pronunciation, and you're much closer to how I would define Dutch 'w'. So maybe accents are getting in the way here, cause I'm from the south and pronunciations on that webpage sounds very western to me ('g' and 'r' are easy markers for that). Weghorst himself is from the east, so maybe someone from there would better be able to help; maybe @Stadjer (who is from the northeast I think).

One way or another though, while English 'v' might be a decent approximation here, probably somewhere halfway between 'v' and 'w' might work better.

And yes, this is an excellent use of everyone's time.
More productive than most of what’s going on here :lol:

Are you from Limburg? Brabant? I’m trying to imagine how Ferry Bouman would say Wout Weghorst. I’ve mostly been in East-to-West myself, which gives me the very prejudiced feel that Eastern Dutch sounds uptight and rural, Amsterdam/Rotterdam sounds ‘normal’ (which to a non-Dutch-speaker really doesn’t say much), South Dutch sounds abit drunk, and Vlaams sounds like an awakening zombie coughing through two inches of soil. All in all, Dutch is my favourite language to almost understand.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Could Kompany put the kibosh on this? certainly for this week because of his City connections?
This deal is being done above him surely - especially as it doesn’t involve an active player of his squad. I’d imagine he’ll be mature enough to see the benefit for Burnley who should be his primary concern.

Painer

Quietly think he’s going to be an absolute stud for us. Won’t bang the goals in but contribute enough. Reckon he’s got something about him, grit, fight and he’l quickly become a bit of a favourite.

croadyman

Quietly think he’s going to be an absolute stud for us. Won’t bang the goals in but contribute enough. Reckon he’s got something about him, grit, fight and he’l quickly become a bit of a favourite.
Yeah he's got a fighters mentality

Painer

Yeah he's got a fighters mentality
This is also a moment for him. He will not have expected this opportunity but that coincided with his apparent characteristics, the man’s gonna be a friggin nuisance for opposition.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The fact that he's desperate to join us and he's a workhorse will make him good enough. If he grabs a few important goals then he will be **** hero here.

Painer

The fact that he's desperate to join us and he's a workhorse will make him good enough. If he grabs a few important goals then he will be **** hero here.
His on field mannerisms compared to Martial will make sure of that in no time. We all love to see someone giving their everything for the shirt

croadyman

Get a move on finding a replacement Beskitas we need him registered by midday Friday

Shai-Hulud

€3m to the cnuts at Besiktas just to cancel the loan, according to Romano? Jesus C...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He will cry after scoring his first goal at OT. I guarantee you. He did after scoring his first international goal in a friendly against Montenegro or something.

croadyman

€3m to the cnuts at Besiktas just to cancel the loan, according to Romano? Jesus C...
Blimey is it that bad or this gonna lead to you saying well if we give €3m to Beskitas then why wouldn't we go an extra €8m for Felix

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will cry after scoring his first goal at OT. I guarantee you. He did after scoring his first international goal in a friendly against Montenegro or something.
Full of passion. It will be like having Martinez upfront

Ole'sattheWheel

I think Kompany is probably more professional than that. Especially if he wants to maintain good relations with United for future loanees going the other way

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If it's 100% ETH's choice, it could easily be 'Haller in Ajax' role... Quite a lot will depend if Weghorst still strong enough to be bulldozer in a box and offer at least some versatility to score from different areas other than power headers.

I reckon he can still pass accurately and move on time to position, other than that it's almost big unknown. I guess definitely different option to have to Martial & Rashford, still not saying that much at all.

croadyman

IF we can get it sorted in next couple of days and here for medical I guess Erik would still not play him without any training

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wout a signing. I hope Martinez gives him a warm welcome

BorisManUtd

So Ronaldo to Al Nassr, Aboubakar to Besiktas and Weghorst to United. If Weghorst proves to be good signing for us that would mean another good thing Ronaldo did for United this season, after making club cancel his contract.

I just hope this will be done as soon as possible, having him on bench for Arsenal game on 18th would be ideal though that may be too soon with how complicated this deal could be as it's between 3 clubs etc.

Lee565

Can't be any worse than woods at Newcastle or aubameyang at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.