Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleGunnar20

Yeah reckon so but as the poster replying to me just said he will need a few training sessions and adjustment time to Erik's system.

Therefore hard to see him in the team until Arsenal at earliest maybe even 1st leg of Carabao Cup Semi Final.
Lovely stuff.

Sounds like a very sensible move, even if he's not a world beater. Especially considering the budget.

Ole'sattheWheel

One thing that worries me is it's not exactly like we're creating bags of chances that are crying out for a striker to put away. We'll create 3 or 4 big chances a game and generally score them atm.
Is it actually a striker we need?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
One thing that worries me is it's not exactly like we're creating bags of chances that are crying out for a striker to put away. We'll create 3 or 4 big chances a game and generally score them atm.
Well of couse we're not - there's no one there to create them for

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Wait a second, is this a discussion how to pronounce Wout? Or Weghorst? Or both? :lol:

At 5:17 Gullit pronounces Weghorst. At 6:16 Mulder and Gullit pronounce Weghorst. Mulder is from the East of the country. 8:07 the presenter pronounces Weghorst.
Can't see that (blocked over here), but yeah, just Wout. I guess his last name is too scary to even try. :D

Wheato

My Lovely Horst
Striding up the field
Look at him going with defenders blowing in the wind
He wants to shower us with FA cups
And drive us over fences
Polish his medals when the seasons done
And give two fingers to Besiktas

croadyman

Yes we need a striker more than anything but agree outside of Bruno we do lack a little bit of creativity in final third

meamth

Mctominay sized striker with tendency to hit the ball first time and clever quick turn shots?

This is what we need.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
My Lovely Horst
Striding up the field
And drive us over fences

And if you've never seen Father Ted you're missing out on one of lifes great comedy joys!

Okey

Therefore hard to see him in the team until Arsenal at earliest maybe even 1st leg of Carabao Cup Semi Final.
And that's really when he will be needed. We're light but probably okay for the the next 2 or 3 games as we are, then legs will need to be rested. Big bonus that Rashford is doing so well up front and Garnacho holding his own on the left wing. I wonder why Ten Hag doesn't try Antony there for a bit, to switch things around with Garnacho.

Grande

Wait a second, is this a discussion how to pronounce Wout? Or Weghorst? Or both? :lol:

At 5:17 Gullit pronounces Weghorst. At 6:16 Mulder and Gullit pronounce Weghorst. Mulder is from the East of the country. 8:07 the presenter pronounces Weghorst.
content unavailable at my location, unfortunately? Could you transpose it to phonemes for us, alstublieft?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
My Lovely Horst
Striding up the field
And drive us over fences

:lol: This is the winner right here, even minus the line about the ‘Horst Dentist!’

Abraxas

This may be true but if anything it gives us more routes to goal. At the moment we do have to be quite precise in the build up as Martial does the vast majority of his work to feet. Our other main routes are finding Rashford in an inside position, Bruno on the edge of the box, Antony smashing it from miles away.

With big Wout it's a lot more of a target for overlapping fullbacks, Bruno's many crosses, and Antony's cut inside and aimless Ashley Young style cross. I'm not suggesting we go full Moyes-ball but I guess there's a reason the manager wants a completely different style of player.

Strelok

This may be true but if anything it gives us more routes to goal. At the moment we do have to be quite precise in the build up as Martial does the vast majority of his work to feet. Our other main routes are finding Rashford in an inside position, Bruno on the edge of the box, Antony smashing it from miles away.

With big Wout it's a lot more of a target for overlapping fullbacks, Bruno's many crosses, and Antony's cut inside and aimless Ashley Young style cross. I'm not suggesting we go full Moyes-ball but I guess there's a reason the manager wants a completely different style of player.
Agree it's always better to have some plan B in case. And a #9 backup.

It's a mistake to think he'll replace Martial. They're different types of striker. If he does well and Martial doesn't improve or can't stay fit imo it's actually Martial who will have to go in the summer for a new top fast striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.