Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Info: Wout Weghorst Manchester United are ahead of the Dutch striker. The Besiktas player is one of MU's priorities. Negotiations revolve around a paying loan and are considered advanced internally.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wather we widn’t

PoTMS

Weghorst, Aboubakar, Depay, Choupo-Moting. Cameroon and Netherlands' finest. We're really being spoilt.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This is actually a really good signing if we pull this off. He has a lot of great qualities such as his aerial ability and link up and had an incredible loan spell with Besiktas so far.

Would genuinely rate this move if we can make it happen.

croadyman

Almost like we’re looking to bring in a short-term option as cover who can offer something different at low cost due to the huge outlay in the summer. What did you expect - Mbappe?
Thank you for saying it before I did

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Almost like we’re looking to bring in a short-term option as cover who can offer something different at low cost due to the huge outlay in the summer. What did you expect - Mbappe?
Personally, was hoping for Marcus Thuram for like £10-15m.

PoTMS

Thuram.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The problem with someone like this is they're still not ultimately good enough, but would probably demand bigger roles/cause squad problems in the summer/next season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A completely different profile to what we have, would be a welcome edition as a squad option.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If we had that much to spend in January, we should have sealed the Joao Felix loan already - far superior player even on a 6 month loan. Thuram will just be another short term squad player that we will have trouble offloading in the future.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd rather him than Thuram and the other guy in the Saudi league.
He is a physical target man, which is probably what we need.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's scored a load of goals everywhere he's gone to be fair...

Apart from you know... Burnley in the Premiership :nervous:

CM

People will sneer at the link because of the type of player he is but I think this is probably the type of player Ten Hag has always wanted as his plan B striker. He's physical, good aerially and will cause a bit of chaos in the box. I'm not sure if there's much substance to the story though, it's all based off that celebration?

Jev

Think he's pretty decent actually. We could do worse. His size makes him a weapon from the bench and he's a good presser, decent technique.

Chairman Steve

I‘m content with this move. He’s got decent numbers throughout the seasons outside of the half season at Burnley, when he got 2 in 20. :nervous:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So wouldn’t Burnley have to recall him back then to send him to us if he’s currently already on loan? Why would they do that aswell if he’s playing regular for Beşiktaş?

Idxomer

This reminds me of last summer when we were linked with Guido Rodriguez and that Spanish Striker whose name I don't remember now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Probably nothing in it but something different and has PL experience at least.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
So wouldn’t Burnley have to recall him back then to send him to us if he’s currently already on loan? Why would they do that aswell if he’s playing regular for Beşiktaş?
Maybe we made our intentions clear to him and he thinks it's a better challenge than playing for Besiktas, so Burnley are ok with that?

Funkenstein

Reading into these things can get a bit silly at times but he clearly says 'bye-bye' in that video

Status
Not open for further replies.