Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
You can't acquire world-class or even decent strikers on loan to sit on the bench on short-term deals. More so when the club is for sale and the owners don't want to spend. It's also possible we have a different striker lined up for summer. This signing makes a lot of sense in our present situation. Felix is a very silky player but not exactly what is required.

Relax, and see how it goes prior to making harsh judgements.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yea honestly glad we're going for Wout.

We have a proven goal scorer who is built for the prem. Someone to push Martial as well.

Great loan signing and won't cost much either. If he works out we can sign him for 10m euros. Bargain.
Yeah, same here. With Felix and Thuram i am more "meh, whatever". But i am in muppet mode with Wout.

city-puma

I was thinking we should get this guy when watching he scored two goals against Argentina. If this eventually happens, I am more optimistic to the outcome of this season. He offers what we don’t have and his existing will surely push Martial to a better performance level.

city-puma

Yea honestly glad we're going for Wout.

We have a proven goal scorer who is built for the prem. Someone to push Martial as well.

Great loan signing and won't cost much either. If he works out we can sign him for 10m euros. Bargain.
Second this!

Unam333

Definitely , I'm sure Eric is working on that, he liked utilizing crosses into the box in his time at Ajax i belive.

Obviously depends how high your expectations are na do be honest mije are kinda high(even though it probably shouldn't be).
Like many members already mentioned, he's a different type of striker than our current ones. When Koeman was at Barcelona, he signed Luuk de Jong, explaining that every team needs this kind of player, a Plan B. Well, I don't really rate Koeman as a football coach, but he does make a valid point.

I do think we need another attacker this transfer window. Preferably a player like Felix.

McSauce FC

I bet he will score more goals than Nunez, even counting the first half of the season.

CallyRed

Remember he made a right mug of Maguire when he played against us last season. And not many players do that.

dal

:lol::lol: Glazers, tight basteds, making £4 billion and not a penny less. Making money from thin air but still sweating.

saivet

If he comes, guess we'll have to pretend it's not that bad of a signing. Done it many times before, so can do it again.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I remember him having a decent game against us last season

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Well, I think it will work, but our wingers have to provide him crosses, like you've seen in the World Cup. He can't do anything if, for example, Antony always plays it safe and is reluctant to cross, like in yesterday's match.
Well maybe the crosses don't come in because they know there's no one to get on he end of them so essentially that's just giving possession away

TheForgottenOne

Trading in a diva who cries when being touched by a feather and who made an insane amount of money for nearly 0 return for a player who never fails to put in maximum effort and who is good in the air seems like a solid deal to me.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Everyone against this is a muppet.

Back ETH for fecks sake lads and have confidence that a workhorse player who had a decent World Cup isn’t that bad to have on loan for 6 months.

How he did at Burnley is irrelevant. He’ll have Eriksen, Bruno, Antony etc creating chances for him.

10 goals minimum. Will gladly put money on that.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
You can't acquire world-class or even decent strikers on loan to sit on the bench on short-term deals. More so when the club is for sale and the owners don't want to spend. It's also possible we have a different striker lined up for summer. This signing makes a lot of sense in our present situation. Felix is a very silky player but not exactly what is required.

Relax, and see how it goes prior to making harsh judgements.
Also ETH has been pretty good at the transfers so far. Think he knows what he's doing.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Everyone against this is a muppet.

Back ETH for fecks sake lads and have confidence that a workhorse player who had a decent World Cup isn’t that bad to have on loan for 6 months.

How he did at Burnley is irrelevant. He’ll have Eriksen, Bruno, Antony etc creating chances for him.

10 goals minimum. Will gladly put money on that.
Hey! I’m a muppet and I’m in favour, I think he’ll be a very shrewd signing!

Unam333

Well maybe the crosses don't come in because they know there's no one to get on he end of them so essentially that's just giving possession away
Good point. Would be nice to have a striker who stays in the box.

Devil81

Hopefully he's signed in time for Charlton, be a good game to make his debut.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Burnleys finest. Absolutely screams United quality.

Yes I’m fully aware as a supporter of Chelsea I shouldn’t laugh… but I will.

Drifter

American
Reject? He is still technically a Burnley player, and he’s out on loan as he’s too good for the Championship. He will do the job we need him to do and be great at it!
Not only a reject, but a bit of a Journeyman. But better than nothing.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Burnleys finest. Absolutely screams United quality.

Yes I’m fully aware as a supporter of Chelsea I shouldn’t laugh… but I will.
Much better player than Aubameyang.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Love this news! Think WW ticks so many boxes. I am not exactly sure what would be in it for Burnley. Perfect option to bring in when protecting a lead with 10 minutes. Can definitely play the odd game if Martial needs a rest. What you lose in WW himself not being much of a threat, you will at least somewhat make up from WW occupying the CBs and creating space for the wingers to invert.

Status
Not open for further replies.