WSL 2023-2024 | NewCo | Matchday Chat

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I just watched Barcelona-Chelsea and Ramirez outrunning newly subbed Barcelona players in minute 75 like it was a cake walk.

Has Ramirez a DNA advantage or something? She looks kind of like a man, and she runs and plays like a man!

I dont want to be disrespectful, but I think the question needs to be asked.

I literally said in the FA-cup final that Ramirez looked like a women playing against girls teams in terms of physical ability!

When I see her play, I ask the question, how can you actually beat that somone thats so much stronger and faster?
I saw her play live for the first time last week at LSV and yes she does stand out in terms of strength but still our defence managed to stop her so it's not impossible by any means

Lightbringer

I saw her play live for the first time last week at LSV and yes she does stand out in terms of strength but still our defence managed to stop her so it's not impossible by any means
The difference was that United sat deep and defended as we had an early lead. Barcelona let her have space and run as they had to attack and have their D exposed in long running duels with her which made Ramirez physique stand out more. Definitely realize now why we only have beaten Chelsea 1 time in 17 games! And perhaps this Chelsea side is even better than ever!

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Nope, just a kind suggestion.
There was nothing kind about the suggestion, but thank you!

I just think when I see the most physical stand out player I ever saw in the womens game while also looking the least female, at least to me it makes me ask questions, not whether she is a women, but if she could have something else going for her like for example Caster Semenya.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There was nothing kind about the suggestion, but thank you!

I just think when I see the most physical stand out player I ever saw in the womens game while also looking the least female, at least to me it makes me ask questions, not whether she is a women, but if she could have something else going for her like for example Caster Semenya.
I don't think shes as unique as you are making out - Bunny Shaw is taller

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Chelsea fans finally getting behind the Women's team

I guess it's good for the WSL in general if they win this