WSL 22/23 | random chat on us and our rivals

Sylar

Oh has to hit the target at least. Don't see reading getting any more chances like that

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The men’s team is missing an Erin Cuthbert kind of player. She’s so good at what she does

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
2-0. Reiten. Horrible mistake at the back.

RedDevilQuebecois

Yeah naturally as they’re bottom of the table, but not because they’re not able to help us.
It's more because of that silly mistake on the second Chelsea goal. On the day Reading are fighting for its survival, they could not afford shooting themselves in the foot like that.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It's more because of that silly mistake on the second Chelsea goal. On the day Reading are fighting for its survival, they could not afford shooting themselves in the foot like that.
Yeah but they're bottom of the table for a reason. For example for making those kind of mistakes. And the best team in the country are able to press and force them into making those better than anyone.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah but they're bottom of the table for a reason, as you say. For example for making those kind of mistakes. And the best team in the country are able to press and force them into making those better than anyone.
They’re bad side. They’re bottom of the league for a reason,! As you say. They don’t have resources to compete. I think their men’s team were relegated to the 3rd division this season.

Last edited:

caid

Finishing with a win away against Liverpool. Its been an excellent season, rough to finish 2nd.

top1whoisman

Scout
Finishing with a win away against Liverpool. Its been an excellent season, rough to finish 2nd.
It is but we have to earn it. To be in the top 3 race for the first time and come away with a title… I don’t know. Chelsea are deserved champions. If we took something from them in the head-to-head meetings, we’d be equally deserving of the trophy.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Us and Chelsea have too many points. This league needs 2-3 more capable sides.

Demon Barber

Congratulations to Chelsea - they deserved the title because they beat us twice in the league. Congratulations to our women too for an excellent season. Next year we will win it.

croadyman

Congratulations to Chelsea - they deserved the title because they beat us twice in the league. Congratulations to our women too for an excellent season. Next year we will win it.
Only if we can build on this and that doesn't happen when you lose people like Ona

top1whoisman

Scout
Some impressive stats in there.

”Across the Women’s Super League season, United had the joint-highest xG (expected goal) per shot ratio in the league, suggesting a high level of quality to the chances that the Reds created. At the other end of the pitch, we recorded the joint-lowest xG per shot against in the WSL, which means Skinner’s side were often only allowing for poor chances to lead to a shot on our goal.”

”United had a higher average possession in matches than any other side in the competition (62 per cent) this season. No side completed passes at a better rate than United (83 per cent), either.”

”The Reds regained the ball more than any other team while counter-pressing straight after losing it. Skinner’s side also fouled, pressed or tackled opponents more than anyone else within two seconds of being without the ball.”

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If there was any doubt about where these two would end up, they were officially announced as Bayern players today.

croadyman

Awesome news in both counts. Especially Lauren James. It’s actually scary how good she came become, looking at how good she already is.
Yeah it's easy to keep players when you're owners are prepared to pay them properly

Lightbringer

Yeah it's easy to keep players when you're owners are prepared to pay them properly
Dont be too hard on us, the only reason salaries are that much is that Chelsea and City raised them ALOT because of their unlimited money resources (Russian oligarch money / state funding).

Tbh, without these artificial clubs United would be in good shape as it is when it comes to salaries paid. People are giving City and Chelsea way too much credit for reason I will never understand.

TMS

Dont be too hard on us, the only reason salaries are that much is that Chelsea and City raised them ALOT because of their unlimited money resources (Russian oligarch money / state funding).

Tbh, without these artificial clubs United would be in good shape as it is when it comes to salaries paid. People are giving City and Chelsea way too much credit for reason I will never understand.
So how do we explain being outspent by Arsenal and the numerous foreign teams who aren’t backed by oligarchs or state funds then?

croadyman

So how do we explain being outspent by Arsenal and the numerous foreign teams who aren’t backed by oligarchs or state funds then?
Yeah exactly,no wonder we keep on losing our best players. Jeez these yankee leeches are content with just destroying mens team

Lightbringer

Skinner getting flack as usual for not "treating players right."

TMS

Skinner getting flack as usual for not "treating players right."

If it’s a factor in us missing out on or not retaining players then it’s a genuine worry in my opinion.

Lightbringer

@jojojo Where did you find how much the WSL teams are spending on player salaries? I am not sure if posted a source before or not, I cant recall. My apologies if you did, I cant find it. Thank you!

ZelemFC

Two questions if I may.....

1) Will Beth England really stay at Spurs past this summer....??
She is surely far too good for Spurs (same with Kane in their men's side....as an aside I would love for us to get both!!
Ahh a person can dream!!)

2) When will there be some announcements of pre-season friendlies for our women's team, as by my account, I think there have been 8 friendly games announced for our men's team.....but zero so far for the women's team.....is it me.....or is that not just a bit on the odd side of things??
Why the drastic difference......do the women's team not need practice before the season starts??