WSL 22/23 | random chat on us and our rivals

StretfordEnd78

I can see the squad evolving slowly but surely.
Identifying young talent is key in the long term but also some mature players.
The right characters are also vital because the squad harmony is there for all to see and it seems to push them over the line in tight games. Looking at young talent in the WSL, Katie Robinson at Brighton looks a good prospect. Mentioned by others but Rachel Daly will be an asset to any squad. She has goals in abundance, consistency in performance, experience of multiple positions to mentor the likes of Jayde Rivière. Surely she won’t be at Villa next season and I can see her moving for a large transfer fee.

Demon Barber

It's the hope that kills.

I didn't really expect West Ham to get anything tonight. Nor do I really expect Arsenal to do us any favours. But there is still hope.

I am confident that we will beat City, but could Arsenal somehow give us a shot at the title?

Imagine. Believe. Hope.

croadyman

It's the hope that kills.

I didn't really expect West Ham to get anything tonight. Nor do I really expect Arsenal to do us any favours. But there is still hope.

I am confident that we will beat City, but could Arsenal somehow give us a shot at the title?

Imagine. Believe. Hope.
Draw between those two might have given us a real shot IF we had beaten Everton at home

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
She’s going leave some big, big shoes for someone to fill.

We’re likely also losing Harder so the team will in my opinion be worse next season no matter who replaces them.

croadyman

She’s going leave some big, big shoes for someone to fill.

We’re likely also losing Harder so the team will in my opinion be worse next season no matter who replaces them.

You will just buy someone better

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We won't get any closer to you until we can find a way to take points in either game
United are improving all the time. You’ve made a huge leap this season and you’ll be in the Champions League next season. There’s good a chance you could win the title this season. The last time we played Arsenal, they played us off the park.

croadyman

United are improving all the time. You’ve made a huge leap this season and you’ll be in the Champions League next season. There’s good a chance you could win the title this season. The last time we played Arsenal, they played us off the park.
Yeah but you are different team now,if we had beat Everton and you drew with Arsenal on Sunday then maybe I have more confidence

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
We’re struggling to hold on to our best players. Can’t see us improving next season when we have to start by trying to replace Russo & Batlle.

Arsenal will probably have to use U16s players against you. Another injury last night.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We’re struggling to hold on to our best players. Can’t see us improving next season when we have to start by trying to replace Russo & Batlle.

Arsenal will probably have to use U16s players against you. Another injury last night.
Where are Russo and Battle going? I knew there was something about Russo and Arsenal a few months ago but I assumed it would get resolved eventually. Had no idea Battle was also on an expiring contract.

top1whoisman

Scout
Where are Russo and Battle going? I knew there was something about Russo and Arsenal a few months ago but I assumed it would get resolved eventually. Had no idea Battle was also on an expiring contract.
What their next clubs will be remains to be seen, but United is a very, very unlikely option.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What their next clubs will be remains to be seen, but United is a very, very unlikely option.
Interesting, I could see Battle going abroad but Russo will most likely stay in the league. That's gotta hurt. She's one of the best players in the league.

top1whoisman

Scout
Interesting, I could see Battle going abroad but Russo will most likely stay in the league. That's gotta hurt. She's one of the best players in the league.
Russo might go back to US. But yeah, both in the top 10 players in the league. Incredibly hard to replace, let alone improve on.

croadyman

I'm still holding hope for them both to stay, but the ownership situation dragging on could be the final straw
I hold nothing against either,it's the utter shitshow above them is why they will go

Demon Barber

It is confirmed that Magda Eriksson and Pernille Harder are to leave Chelsea. Rumours are that they may go to Bayern, but I think we would be foolish not to show a serious interest.

As things stand, wages would be the main issue - or that they would prefer a move away from the WSL.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It is confirmed that Magda Eriksson and Pernille Harder are to leave Chelsea. Rumours are that they may go to Bayern, but I think we would be foolish not to show a serious interest.

As things stand, wages would be the main issue - or that they would prefer a move away from the WSL.
I think they've already agreed a deal with Bayern both of them.

top1whoisman

Scout
Okay, time for oppo watch. Think it'll be 3-1 Chelsea.

top1whoisman

Scout
Arsenal have literally struggled to get out of their half for the opening 25 minutes.

Lightbringer

Berger already with the time wasting...lol. Her dive Vs United in the finals was hilarious. Shame that stuff creeps in to the womens game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Reiten is legit our player of the season.

Lightbringer

Arsenal should be really worried. If City beats United - Arsenal have Aston Villa in the last game while City is playing Everton. The gunners are in the risk of missing the champions league. Rescuing something from this game would be massive for them.

brian017

Berger already with the time wasting...lol. Her dive Vs United in the finals was hilarious. Shame that stuff creeps in to the womens game.
As the exposure and financial rewards of women’s football continues to grew it is inevitable that win-at-all-cost tactics would creep into it