WSL 22/23 | random chat on us and our rivals

madi5h

Being Irish, the bbc2 coverage is a mess for me, we get the northern Ireland version of bbc2 which wasn't showing the semi-final last time but yet i still couldn't watch on the FA player....
anyone know a way around this? like if i used a vpn would the FA player show the match?

brian017

Being Irish, the bbc2 coverage is a mess for me, we get the northern Ireland version of bbc2 which wasn't showing the semi-final last time but yet i still couldn't watch on the FA player....
anyone know a way around this? like if i used a vpn would the FA player show the match?
If you have a satellite dish you can manually tune in different BBC regions

Dan_F

Couldn’t you just use iplayer with a VPN?

madi5h

If you have a satellite dish you can manually tune in different BBC regions
i dont sadly

Couldn’t you just use iplayer with a VPN?
i would imagine you would need to vpn to the UK for this to work? i got a free vpn that JUST does the US and Netherlands, its not worth paying for a vpn just for this

Dan_F

i would imagine you would need to vpn to the UK for this to work? i got a free vpn that JUST does the US and Netherlands, its not worth paying for a vpn just for this
Ah okay. Surely you must be able to find a bbc 2 stream online fairly easily with a bit of searching on google? I’d be surprised if not.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
My daughter is absolutely football mad at the minute (aided no end by the Euros victory). She has a season ticket with me at Chesterfield but she also loves the United Women’s team. She asked if we can go to the FA Cup final, which incidentally falls the day after the National League play off final (which hopefully chesterfield will be in), so we’d be in London for that weekend anyway. My question is, what chances has somebody who has been to only a single United Women’s game this season got of getting a ticket to the final?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
My daughter is absolutely football mad at the minute (aided no end by the Euros victory). She has a season ticket with me at Chesterfield but she also loves the United Women’s team. She asked if we can go to the FA Cup final, which incidentally falls the day after the National League play off final (which hopefully chesterfield will be in), so we’d be in London for that weekend anyway. My question is, what chances has somebody who has been to only a single United Women’s game this season got of getting a ticket to the final?
Neutral tickets all sold out apparently - though I reckon the FA may have handed out a lot of freebies to county associations etc, before they realised what the (paying) demand would be. It'll be really annoying if they don't all get used.

The clubs have only been given 8k each. Currently United are only selling to season ticket holders.

So the straight answer is - anybody's guess! The clubs are asking the FA for more tickets.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Neutral tickets all sold out apparently - though I reckon the FA may have handed out a lot of freebies to county associations etc, before they realised what the (paying) demand would be. It'll be really annoying if they don't all get used.

The clubs have only been given 8k each. Currently United are only selling to season ticket holders.

So the straight answer is - anybody's guess! The clubs are asking the FA for more tickets.
Thank you. 8k each seems ridiculous. Surely that’ll be increased. As you say, it’ll be a real shame if there’s empty seats all over the place and fans who were desperate to go are sat watching it on TV

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
1) United 18 +38 44
2) Chelsea 16 +28 40
3) Arsenal 17 +29 38
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4) Man City 17 +19 38

United:

Aston Villa (A)
Spurs (H)
Man City (H)
Liverpool (A)

Chelsea:
Liverpool (H)
Everton (H)
Leicester (H)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (H)
Reading (A)

Arsenal:
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (A)
Aston Villa (H)

Man City:
West Ham (H)
Reading (H)
Liverpool (A)
United (A)
Everton (H)

Win the other three and lose to City and we're at least third.

Win the rest and Chelsea draw with Arsenal and we're level on points with them. Goal difference currently +10 in our favour.

The Villa game will be huge for us. Need to improve on our performance as they'll be up for it again.

spiriticon

Arsenal seem to have quite a few ACL injuries this year. Miedema also had one, and I'm not sure if Beth Mead also had one.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
A quick look at the run-in

United
Aston Villa (A) - April 28,
Tottenham (H) - May 7,
Man City (H) - May 21,
Liverpool (A) - May 27
Not a nice set of matches given that we need to win all of them to have a chance of the title and can't drop many points if we want to be in the top three.

Chelsea
If they win all their remaining matches, the title's theirs again. On the face of it - only Arsenal can stop them, but fixture congestion may become a factor. They've got the best squad in WSL though and a manager used to rotation.
Liverpool (H) - May 3,
Everton (H) - May 7*,
West Ham (A) - May 17*,
Arsenal (H) - May 21,
Reading (A) - May 27,
TBA: Leicester (H)

City
Started the season slowly but have got steadily better, but have dropped a couple of points recently.
West Ham (H) - April 23*,
Reading (H) - April 30,
Liverpool (A) - May 7,
Man Utd (A) - May 21,
Everton (H) - May 27

Arsenal
Our win probably finished off their title chances, but they're still going to be working hard to get top three.
Leicester (H) - May 5*,
Brighton (A) - May 10*,
Everton (A) - May 17*,
Chelsea (A) - May 21,
Aston Villa (H) - May 27

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
A quick look at the run-in

United
Aston Villa (A) - April 28,
Tottenham (H) - May 7,
Man City (H) - May 21,
Liverpool (A) - May 27
Not a nice set of matches given that we need to win all of them to have a chance of the title and can't drop many points if we want to be in the top three.

Chelsea
If they win all their remaining matches, the title's theirs again. On the face of it - only Arsenal can stop them, but fixture congestion may become a factor. They've got the best squad in WSL though and a manager used to rotation.
Liverpool (H) - May 3,
Everton (H) - May 7*,
West Ham (A) - May 17*,
Arsenal (H) - May 21,
Reading (A) - May 27,
TBA: Leicester (H)

City
Started the season slowly but have got steadily better, but have dropped a couple of points recently.
West Ham (H) - April 23*,
Reading (H) - April 30,
Liverpool (A) - May 7,
Man Utd (A) - May 21,
Everton (H) - May 27

Arsenal
Our win probably finished off their title chances, but they're still going to working hard to get top three.
Leicester (H) - May 5*,
Brighton (A) - May 10*,
Everton (A) - May 17*,
Chelsea (A) - May 21,
Aston Villa (H) - May 27
The Villa game is a massive one in my opinion.

Win that, Spurs & Liverpool and we’re in the top 3 even if we lose to City.

Draw vs Villa & City, win the other two and we’re in the top 3.

I’m not holding my breath regarding Chelsea slipping up. The Arsenal match is the only one they could potentially fail to win but with the injuries Arsenal have racked up I can’t see anything else than a Chelsea win.

Still annoyed about the defeat to Chelsea. A very well deserved draw there, win the rest and we’re champions.

Last edited:

SuperScoot

Quick question - will there a Utd supporter end and a Chelsea supporter end, or does it tend to be mixed in the women's finals? I got my tickets off of the wembley site, the moment we got through, and to be honest I have't a clue where we are sitting.

top1whoisman

Scout
Quick question - will there a Utd supporter end and a Chelsea supporter end, or does it tend to be mixed in the women's finals? I got my tickets off of the wembley site, the moment we got through, and to be honest I have't a clue where we are sitting.
Yeah both have their own ends (Chelsea west, United east stand) but with the amount of neutrals attending this I'm sure it'll be pretty mixed. And the good thing about watching women's games is that there's not much animosity between fans anyway.

SuperScoot

Yeah both have their own ends (Chelsea west, United east stand) but with the amount of neutrals attending this I'm sure it'll be pretty mixed. And the good thing about watching women's games is that there's not much animosity between fans anyway.
Great thanks @top1whoisman

Do you any idea please, where I could find out, if there are any supporters coaches going down on the day. Otherwise I'll be driving, and I hate driving down to London

Lightbringer

City crushed West Ham 6-2 and the race is even tighter of course....City has easy fixtures only except from us, they are not out.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Ouch, Wolfsburg winner in the 119th minute. That’s heartbreaking for Arsenal.

Kind of wished they would’ve made the final so that they had some good momentum going into that Chelsea game, but I’m still happy that both English clubs got knocked out at the last possible hurdle before the final. And they still have a CL spot fight ahead so hopefully they’ll nick something from Chelsea.

top1whoisman

Scout
Laura Wienroither went off with serious injury, could be Arsenal’s fourth ACL injury in five months.

Lightbringer

So Arsenal out of the champions league and in serious jeopardy of missing the champions league next season? On the other hand they sold out the arena. Will missing the champions league only be a small blip for them? I would say United would get a big boost from making the top 3. So missing it for Arsenal might barely slow them down - but Uniteds quest for the top will be boosted!

Demon Barber

Chelsea, Arsenal and City have more or less been guaranteed European football for the past eight seasons, having dominated the top three places. Now that United are there this is no longer the case. I think Arsenal and City will be more worried than us at this point.

The 21st May will be very interesting.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
There's still tickets showing in the manutd website if that's any good?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Where we gonna discuss the world cup? Are we gonna do one all-purpose thread?

I wanted to post about the TV dispute but it seemed potentially too niche for a football forum thread of its own.

I'm never sure where's best to discuss women's internationals.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Bought tickets to the last game Vs Liverpool. Hopefully there is a chance we are lifting the title that day

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Where we gonna discuss the world cup? Are we gonna do one all-purpose thread?

I wanted to post about the TV dispute but it seemed potentially too niche for a football forum thread of its own.

I'm never sure where's best to discuss women's internationals.
I'll start a general purpose world cup thread in the FF. I'll probably maintain another thread as we get close to the kickoff - to cover matchday chat. That's basically what we did for the WEuros and the last WWC.

If it doesn't work we'll try something else.

top1whoisman

Scout
Fran Kirby is the next English star to be out for a while as she's going to a knee surgery and is out for a "significant period".