WTF! Us state takes aim at abortions

Slabber

jasonrh said:
It is a federal matter.
Well the extent to which that is the case is what I've been trying to establish.

This whole story is premised on South Dakota trying to do something different.

Can anyone sum up the federal law in a simple proposition?

How many weeks is legal?

The Kippax Kid

Slabber said:
Perhaps you should all be more careful who you sleep with.
i know. ive only had one.

and he a young man with an attitude:mad:

FresnoBob

The Kippax Kid said:
we have been having babies for thousands of years ffs and somehow we have come up with fookwits like you:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: what the fook do you men know about it?

you make laws saying we cant do this, we cant do that.

FOOK OFF YOU SEXIST BASTARDS

I'm stating what the law is and how it might be changed, not what my personal views are.
Incidently, what I was saying in the quote that set you off was that I don't believe that even the current Supremes (with Roberts and Alioto on board) will undo Roe v. Wade.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
The Kippax Kid said:
i know. ive only had one.

and he a young man with an attitude:mad:
I'd try to help you out here Kippax, but this one is a huge round around in circle with this issue and this crowd.

Although, you're correct about the american justice system and it's insane to even think that doing away with abortion is better for society or can be justifiably denied by any govt.

Keep it simple girl.

Bearded but no genius

Slabber said:
Well the extent to which that is the case is what I've been trying to establish.

This whole story is premised on South Dakota trying to do something different.

Can anyone sum up the federal law in a simple proposition?

How many weeks is legal?
The federal government has a stake in this because abortion is one of the 'privacy' rights.

States regulate medical procedures except to the extent that they violate some constitutional premise or premise of federal law.

States can regulate abortions to the extent that they do not create an 'undue burden' (a sadly meaningless phrase in terms of judicial review, used exclusively for abortion law) on that privacy right.

Roe established a trimester system. 1st trimester, the states could regulate nothing. Second trimester the states could place some limits the right. Third trimester, no abortions at all. This was scrapped in the 1980s in Casey v. Planned Parenthood, in which the court said the states could regulate abortions at the point the foetus becomes viable. Even then, there must always be protections for at least the mother's health. What does 'viable' mean? feck all. No one really is sure.

Informed consent (and in most states parental consent, although the Supreme Court hasn't gotten a chance to rule on this yet), spousal notification, and a number of other whacky schemes to limit or name-and-shame women have been struck down by the courts over the years since Roe.

The Kippax Kid

Slabber said:
What are his views on abortion?

Is he a Spurs fan?
he is a blue.

and i hope everything i taught him about contraception works. it has til now he is 22.

and im sure he has been shagging for years :(

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I think people forget what a traumatic experience it is for a woman and often seem to assume that it is something they do with no more prior thought or post event consequences than clipping your nails.

I know a few people who have had an abortion and it has never ever been anything like that.

Bearded but no genius

The Kippax Kid said:
he is a blue.

and i hope everything i taught him about contraception works. it has til now he is 22.

and im sure he has been shagging for years :(
Sweetie, you know we're not trying to be bad or mean to you.

And I agree this attempt at passing a law in SD is disgusting and transparently promoting the whacko agenda.

But to sweep from that to an entire country being the Taliban? Well, the fact only LABOB is on your side there illustrates how offensively wrong you are.

Slabber

jasonrh said:
Well, the fact only LABOB is on your side there illustrates how offensively wrong you are.
LABOB is an embarrassment to his parents, let alone those on the left.

The Kippax Kid

Wibble said:
I think people forget what a traumatic experience it is for a woman and often seem to assume that it is something they do with no more prior thought or consequences than clipping your nails.

I know a few people who have had an abortion and it has never ever been anything like that.
i went through the trauma of having my best friend go through it.

it was the worst few weeks of my life, i couldnt describe how bad it was for her. she cried for months afterwards.

any fooker that can deny a woman a choice when it comes to this is a heartless ,cold blooded bastard

Slabber

The Kippax Kid said:
it was the worst few weeks of my life, i couldnt describe how bad it was for her. she cried for months afterwards.

any fooker that can deny a woman a choice when it comes to this is a heartless ,cold blooded bastard
She might have been happier if she hadn't done it because she couldn't.

And she'd currently have a lovely little kid.

What do you say to that?

The Kippax Kid

Slabber said:
She might have been happier if she hadn't done it because she couldn't.

And she'd currently have a lovely little kid.

What do you say to that?
she thinks that now bless her.

we speak about it every time we meet. but at the time it was just not possible (i cannot go in details because i cant).

believe me a childs loss through anyway is felt by us..we are not machines

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It will probably disappoint you with its normality. It is like going to Australia and finding out that it isn't a cross between Neighbours, Crocodile Dundee and Earls Court.

Slabber

Wibble said:
It will probably disappoint you with its normality. It is like going to Australia and finding out that it isn't a cross between Neighbours, Crocodile Dundee and Earls Court.
It is like Home & Away though, isn't it?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
jasonrh said:
South Dakota is not for real.
For which we should all be eternally grateful. There are loads of these crappy states that never feature in decent TV shows. Do people actually live in the dakotas and Ohio?

I personally doubt it.

Bearded but no genius

Wibble said:
For which we should all be eternally grateful. There are loads of these crappy states that never feature in decent TV shows. Do people actually live in the dakotas and Ohio?

I personally doubt it.
Cleveland is in Ohio.

There are Native American reservations in the Dakotas.

Bearded but no genius

Slabber, you have lost your feminist credentials for laughing at this joke:

TOM_H said:
A guy who owns my local chip shop got so fed up of his nagging wife
that while she was standing on a stool cleaning the top of the large industrial
cooking extractors he push her in to the vat of boiling fat!.

She's now staying in a battered wives home.:lol:
:nono:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The only evidence I have for the existence of Cleveland is that they have a gridiron team. Since I believe the NFL to be a faked event much like the moon landings I find this less than convinving.

I'm also not sure that I believe in Native Americans. Another plot from the bleeding heart Liberal left to distract from the rightousness of Dubya's holy war.

Slabber

What is really stupid about that anti-abortionist lobby is that they are the same bunch that think that a kid must be brought up with two parents.

The two are almost entirely incompatible.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Slabber said:
Entirely incredible and yet predictable?
No. In the sense that we have great beaches and that you will somtimes find swimsuited grinning retards on them.

Slabber

A kid brought up by one parent is like a murder, and yet aborting the kid is murder.

You can't win.

Bearded but no genius

Slabber said:
A kid brought up by one parent is like a murder, and yet aborting the kid is murder.

You can't win.
I was raised like a murder.

Best childhood that could be bought, I can tell you that.