WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

RedDevilQuebecois

The VAR should have had a look at that last contact.

The Haitian coach is rightfully going bonkers out there. He gets my blessing if he destroys the referees in the post-match press conference.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
One of the worst displays of all round officiating I’ve ever seen.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ref gives a corner for a foul and the VAR doesn't even look. I'm not going to say the VAR favours big teams - but the VAR favours big teams.
I think just ineptness. China got a stonewall 2nd pen not given too which would have killed the game.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Some tasty games today. France vs Brazil being the main one but I’m looking forward to this Sweden/Italy game. Didn’t know Sweden was so high up in the rankings.

DJ_21

Them corners are lethal from Sweden. Reminds me of last season when teams did it to us because DDG couldn’t handle them.

DJ_21

A lot of close matches so far this tournaments and a lot of them being decided on setpieces.

Italy lucky to get away with a fumbled backpass there.
Italy started the first 15 mins very strongly but then let Sweden back in.

DJ_21

2-0 Sweden. Set piece again causing problems. They work so well when you have someone who can consistently deliver the same ball into the box.

DJ_21

We need to start training on corners like Sweden take them. Guaranteed about 10 goals a season with them.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Just tuned in and I knew Sweden were good but is Italy really this shite? Don't think I've ever seen an Italian team losing with four goals difference.

Mickson

Some tasty games today. France vs Brazil being the main one but I’m looking forward to this Sweden/Italy game. Didn’t know Sweden was so high up in the rankings.
They came second in the Olympics, losing on penalties if my memory serves me right.

Gordon S

5-0
Apart from the first 10 minutes, Sweden were simply a class above.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sweden have been ranked top 2-3 for a couple of years now.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Sweden are ranked three in the world at the moment - behind the USA and Germany. They lost 4-0 to England in the Euros semifinals last year, which distorts my memories of them. But they got the silver at the Olympics in 2021, losing on penalties and they beat England to take third place at WWC19. They've got a long history of being great at tournaments.

I think we can now add them to the list of teams who are hitting form at the WWC.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Renard starts for France after being an injury doubt. Big match for them - they want the win but they really can't afford to lose. Brasil started well with a 4-0 over Panama, but France should be a better test.