WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

Lightbringer

As in the type of football played by pub teams ie lacking in finesse and relying on physical strength.
:D

Alright. I would agree somewhat in general. But today Japan has been outclassed even in finesse, Asllani & Kaneryd owns these Japanese players.

Duane Dibley

Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
:D

Alright. I would agree somewhat in general. But today Japan has been outclassed even in finesse, Asllani & Kaneryd owns these Japanese players.
It always is effective, that's why teams do it.

Just not very attractive for the neutrals. It's been a poor game.

Lightbringer

In terms of entertainment, the penalty was not good as it killed of the game, without that it would have been just 1 goal.

Lightbringer

It always is effective, that's why teams do it.

Just not very attractive for for the neutrals. It's been a poor game.
Yeah, and I would argue its been a poor game because Japans game plan is to sit back in their own and counter, and Sweden just played them off the field. And Japan did not have a plan if they got behind.

Anyone moaning about Swedens style of play after todays game is just bitter. What are the swedes going to do? Shrink their players?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
That really is a joke, no Swedish player near her when she fell over.

Karma.

redshaw

Clear dive for the pen, surely they have to ask the ref to rewatch that?

slyadams

Swedish penalty under the law, but this law basically punishes human beings for having arms and being present in the box.

Japanese penalty an absolute joke, even more of a joke wasn't overturned. Makes a mockery of the whole system.

Also, I HATE that the referees have to announce their decisions.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
The Swede stepped on her heel, no? Looked like a pen on a second replay from a different angle.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Sweden have out thought Japan. They have pressed them hard in the middle and let Japan go wide where japans threat has been the least.

Lightbringer

That's what I thought too. The fact that VAR did not even ask for a second look tells me that everyone saw the same thing.
Considered VAR did not review England saving a goal & possible red card in the finals vs Germany last EUROs I would say sometimes they just completely feck it up. Or the Bronze situation Vs Nigeria. It seems like randomly VAR just turns blind.