WWC23 | England v Spain - Spain win the World Cup - and Rubiales gets sacked

Dan_F

Well done to Spain, better team, despite having an arsehole coach. England didn’t really have any answer to the relentless pressure, but the changes at half time probably made the team worse.

Was quite painful having to watch Millie Bright upfront for 20 minutes. Football needs to adapt to how much injury time there is going to be. 85 minutes is the new 75 minutes.

Good to know that you have terrible opinions across sport and don’t just restrict it to cricket
Even weirder to act like that after England put Australia out of the tournament.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
A lot of parallels with the men’s teams of both nations today. Spain being technically and tactically superior whilst diving about and play acting like twats. England playing well through out the tournament but look lost against a half decent team. Our most talented player getting stupidly sent off. Englands over rated manager completely mismanaging every substitution. We even had a bloody head injury, bandaged up so she can play on.
They are European champions and just played in a World Cup final...

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
All huff and puff from England. They had enough time to turn this round but couldn’t string anything together. What a time to get beat though one loss in 30 odd games to Australia in a friendly, unbeaten in tournament and then fall flat in the biggest final when it matters.

predator

Youth NITK
That was actually pretty good. Spain look well coached. England just look like England always do.

Feel like pure shit just want us to win a world cup again and bring it back home for prince charles.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Spain were just a cut above lets be honest.

Bonmati and Abelleria in the middle of the park were superb. Like watching the female Xavi and Iniesta. Absolute class above.

Plus Batlle was obviously great, and that young striker up top of course.

Oranges038

Spain deserved winners, quality and technique on the ball, so much more composed and astute in possession. England just let them at it and second half were all pashun and chasing down second balls.

Lightbringer

All huff and puff from England. They had enough time to turn this round but couldn’t string anything together. What a time to get beat though one loss in 30 odd games to Australia in a friendly, unbeaten in tournament and then fall flat in the biggest final when it matters.
Well, if you look at the teams England faced to the finals, this game was the first time the played an elite team, and it showed! I would guess Japan, Sweden, and USA would have a good chance of beating England as well. Luckily for England they got an easy road to the finals. But Spain was outstanding, just unreal so I dont think any team would have beaten them today.

Ahmer Baig

Spain did not have 15 of their first team players who had refused to play under the coach.

Agent Red

A lot of parallels with the men’s teams of both nations today. Spain being technically and tactically superior whilst diving about and play acting like twats. England playing well through out the tournament but look lost against a half decent team. Our most talented player getting stupidly sent off. Englands over rated manager completely mismanaging every substitution. We even had a bloody head injury, bandaged up so she can play on.
Overrated manager? Wild. Her record is remarkably impressive.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Watching on ITV and the pundits (who are just her mates) defended her saying she had no help, while playing a replay that showed plenty of opportunities for her to release the ball.
The commentary/punditry around women's sport can be light on when it comes to constructive criticism.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ah so gutting. So gutting but this is a fair result. We were outclassed in this game. It’s been a great tournament. We should all be proud. But the right team, the best team, won in the end.

Congratulations Spain.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Well, if you look at the teams England faced to the finals, this game was the first time the played an elite team, and it showed! I would guess Japan, Sweden, and USA would have a good chance of beating England as well. Luckily for England they got an easy road to the finals.
Ah this garbage again about route to the finals

fergies coat

You can't be too hard on England. They've done brilliant in the last couple of years. Thier success has made an absolutely massive impact on the women's game in the UK, and with someone that has three daughters it shows them they can play football too.

To the bitter posters that carry on the hate from the England men's team to ladies team, your a bunch of idiots.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I just can't catch a break this weekend FFS. Maybe I should start supporting the team I don't want to win, reverse jinx it

Dannn411

England haven't really played any team rock solid on the ball all tournament till they got to the final and were one penalty shootout away from being knocked out in the round of 16. The other side of knockout bracket was so much tougher.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Overrated manager? Wild. Her record is remarkably impressive.
I mean seriously, European champions and world cup finalists but the manager is overrated. Still mantain that Spain was too good. Consider her the best female manager in the world. England is always a dangerous team and one of the favorites. The evolution of the team with her is obvious.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Looks as if the Lioness were watching us last night and decided it would a good blueprint for them...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Btw regarding the peno, good guess by earps but why wasn’t it retaken as the keeper moved before the ball was kicked?

Lightbringer

Ah this garbage again about route to the finals
Its not garbage at all, its just facts.

If you face USA; Sweden, Japan to the finals you are more likely to get eliminated than if you face Nigeria, Colombia and Australia.

If United play in the FA cup, which route do you fancy to the finals to play Chelsea if they are in the final?

Tottenham, Arsenal and City.

Or

West Ham, Everton and Fulham.

Its better to play 1 elite team than 4.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
My honest assessment of this tournament from an England perspective was that they did well to make the finals because they were below par for most of it. This same squad mostly was much better at the Euros. The biggest issue all tournament was that the midfield was light and Keira Walsh really took a backward step from last year. Spain were easily the best team in the competition and outplayed England today so deserved their win. A euros & wc final is pretty good second best though

predator

Youth NITK
Ah the sweetest part of any tournament is when England lose even sweeter if it's a final :lol:
Hate England but support an English team.

Make it make sense.
Buzzing because a bunch of women lost a game of football who don't even know you exist will never make sense. But they support an English club so much. Its hilarious. Embarrassing.

Oddboy

No wonder the Spanish health system is in crisis with how easily they get injured. Health insurance abroad must cost them a fortune.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
My honest assessment of this tournament from an England perspective was that they did well to make the finals because they were below par for most of it. This same squad mostly was much better at the Euros. The biggest issue all tournament was that the midfield was light and Keira Walsh really took a backward step from last year. Spain were easily the best team in the competition and outplayed England today so deserved their win. A euros & wc final is pretty good second best though
I'd agree with this.

England were well below their level of recent years all tournament. Spain built up and showed up in the final. No arguments with the result at all.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Those Spanish players who are boycotting made to look like right mugs (even though they had their good reasons to take a stance).

Malone_Post

Imagine being tragic enough to take joy in this incredibly likeable England team losing and actually taking time out to gloat about it :houllier::lol:

Spain were just the better team today. There’s no shame in that. England haven been brilliant over the last few years.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
"Always the bridesmaid, never the bride... "

I'm pretty proud of all of the England teams, all genders, all ages!

This is what builds players is to become world class. You learn more for loses than wins.

(I've been silenced by my wife, apparently my coaching technique is a bit intense for my daughters, apparently)