Xabi Alonso: Bayer Leverkusen INVINCIBLES double-winning manager

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sheesh let’s just ignore Sir Matt’s history :rolleyes:.
He played for Man City AND Liverpool :lol:

Regarding Alonso, I really really hope he stays longer if Bayer have a successful season. He can have a Klopp like transformative impact on the club.

mav_9me

Love the fact that Leverkuesen are so good on set pieces.

I never thought so before but I'm realizing more now that the best coaches are great at set pieces.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we were to get a new manager I would take him

mu4c_20le

It certainly helps that he has one of the best midfielders in the world.

I'm still surprised Arsenal let him go.

mav_9me

We all would but unrealistic to think he would take us. He's Real's next manager.
Ancelotti renewed his contract and Alonso might be ready to leave this summer if he wins the Bundesliga this year.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He played for Man City AND Liverpool :lol:

Regarding Alonso, I really really hope he stays longer if Bayer have a successful season. He can have a Klopp like transformative impact on the club.
It was also the 1930s and 40s, a different time. Billy Meredith played for both United and City in the decades before. Our first great manager Ernerst Mangnall also managed both clubs. Not saying Alonso wouldn't be professional and sabotage the club, but he's a Liverpool legend coming to United in the modern era. Going to take a bit to convince people.

ekestubbe

You know how desperate people have become when they want a Liverpool legend as manager.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
The match in Munich was an exciting 2-2, so why not something similar again?

If he wins the league, Bayern will be looking for a new manager...
It was reported that Alonso informed Perez of his decision to extend to 2026. Subsequently we did the same for Ancelotti. So from the looks of it he is likely next in line.

Mind you anything can happen until then. But I don’t see why he would want the Bayern job if he gets B04 to be champions and the Madrid job is his for the taking.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It was reported that Alonso informed Perez of his decision to extend to 2026. Subsequently we did the same for Ancelotti. So from the looks of it he is likely next in line.

Mind you anything can happen until then. But I don’t see why he would want the Bayern job if he gets B04 to be champions and the Madrid job is his for the taking.
Exactly, anything can happen. It's just known that Bayern's board already believed him to be a potential Bayern manager even while he still played, so their interest in his career is well documented.

izec

He can taste how it is to be a manager for a big club before going to Real. If Bayern wants him, he will move there and not wait for Real. I am pretty sure he will manage both teams anyway at some point in his career.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

I would also prefer to come him when we have the striker position sorted out and Ancelotti is doing well for the time being.

mav_9me

Obviously the Madrid job may not be there for the taking. Ancelotti may not leave anytime soon esp if he continues to do well. Alonso can manage bayern for a while before getting to real.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Really hope he is our next manager. Looks like a good candidate to be one of the best managers in the world.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Ancelotti just extended his contract to 2026. Dunno why people are suggesting Real as next club. Liverpool and Barca are looking for managers in the summer and who knows, maybe Tuchel gets the boot. I'd say he's bang on for Liverpool unfortunately.

izec

Ancelotti just extended his contract to 2026. Dunno why people are suggesting Real as next club. Liverpool and Barca are looking for managers in the summer and who knows, maybe Tuchel gets the boot. I'd say he's bang on for Liverpool unfortunately.
Liverpool looks very likely, dont think he would go from Leverkusen to Bayern immediately the next season. He will return to Bayern at some point, but not now.

GlasgowCeltic

He should take Leverkusen into the CL for a season before leaving, he's got a good team here

Nero

Either way, he's not on Klopp's level so it's a downgrade regardless.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Liverpool looks very likely, dont think he would go from Leverkusen to Bayern immediately the next season. He will return to Bayern at some point, but not now.
Makes too much sense.

mav_9me

To me it's the natural step, move to Bayern cuz they are going to sack Tuchel. And avoid Liverpool right after Klopp. Going to be tough to follow Klopp.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He looks like a top class manager - I mean he looks like a top class manager; as slick as Lippi in his pomp. Will be really annoying if he goes to the scouse.