Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bosws87

What’s the point of flight simulator? The long haul flight is the worst part of travelling.
There isn't any unless you are a serious plane nerd, its a 5 minute load up that looks nice and never play it again job.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What’s the point of flight simulator? The long haul flight is the worst part of travelling.
You don’t fly across the Atlantic on it mate. I mean people do but it’s shit. The fun is flying around Alaska, Area 51, Great Wall of China, North Korea, Grand Canyon etc. in light aircraft or fighter jets.

Shark

@NotShark
Looks seriously impressive for console. This game struggles on some high end PC's.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Looks seriously impressive for console. This game struggles on some high end PC's.

I have It pre downloaded and will try it out.

I’ve never played a flight sim before. Good chance for me it will seem too much like hard work once I see a million options and get bogged down

Shark

@NotShark
I have It pre downloaded and will try it out.

I’ve never played a flight sim before. Good chance for me it will seem too much like hard work once I see a million options and get bogged down
Don't think it's that complicated tbh. It's got difficultly meters also nearly sure.

Shark

@NotShark
Microsoft Flight Simulator is incredible looking on Series X :drool: frame rate with VRR is also hovering around the 60 mark.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Mixed reviews. There's one negative review in the 3, but there's a number of 8/9s to counteract. Looks like generally middling feedback.

From what I can tell, if you're expecting Diablo with guns you'll be disappointed - the story is weak and the RPG elements light. To get the most out of it, you probably need to be playing it with friends as a co-op twin stick shooter where you just tear through the levels.

Best thing is that those of us with gamepass can try for free without needing to purchase. Me and some mates have got it preloaded ready to try tonight.

Alock1

ACG is pretty glowing in it's review, as are a few other places.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Still hate sprint - but this looks a lot more fun that the recent iterations.

Alock1

Aw damn I thought it looked really good, still think I'd have fun with it though as I love those sort of games.
I was expecting better reviews for sure. Some say the combat is brilliant and others say it gets tiring and samey. Definitely worth trying if you're on gamepass I reckon.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Mixed reviews. There's one negative review in the 3, but there's a number of 8/9s to counteract. Looks like generally middling feedback.

From what I can tell, if you're expecting Diablo with guns you'll be disappointed - the story is weak and the RPG elements light. To get the most out of it, you probably need to be playing it with friends as a co-op twin stick shooter where you just tear through the levels.

Best thing is that those of us with gamepass can try for free without needing to purchase. Me and some mates have got it preloaded ready to try tonight.
Yeah, I was looking through the other reviews and the consensus was that co-op is the way to go. Shame that... I don't really like games which are essentially co-op only. Had hopes for this and The Medium but they've ended up seemingly being decent Game Pass games.

Alock1

Yeah, I was looking through the other reviews and the consensus was that co-op is the way to go. Shame that... I don't really like games which are essentially co-op only. Had hopes for this and The Medium but they've ended up seemingly being decent Game Pass games.
I think that's part of the problem. As they're on gamepass they're being overhyped, and have unrealistic expectations.

Kotaku seemed to like it though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think that's part of the problem. As they're on gamepass they're being overhyped, and have unrealistic expectations.

Kotaku seemed to like it though.

The first few paragraphs make me want to wait for a few patches.

Also, remember the last time a cyberpunk themed game did this?

we have no idea how the game runs on any Xbox console, as only PC codes were provided by the game’s publisher prior to release (and Microsoft, despite the exclusivity, didn’t offer any codes of their own).

Alock1

Interesting! That and recently D&D have launched with bugs and not really up to scratch. Hard to say whether or not there's any influence either way as a result of being on gamepass but there could be.

Microsoft needs to make sure the games being added are of general good quality even if people aren't buying them. And developers need to make sure the game lives up to the same standard regardless of the revenue split between GP and direct sales.

Will let you know tonight how it performs on Xbox.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Very first world problems but this is partly the reason I can't get into Forza. I played through Horizon 4 when I first got an Xbox and it's a really great game but it basically never ends as the business model is built on buying the game early and then going through all the updates as they come out. I'd much prefer if they just focused on having a proper career mode.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Flight Simulator is amazing. I just pick two good cities, skip the mid flight part and just fly over them looking for all the best sights. Super impressive work to get so much content in and so detailed.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Flight Simulator is amazing. I just pick two good cities, skip the mid flight part and just fly over them looking for all the best sights. Super impressive work to get so much content in and so detailed.
my small town looks like a a bomb went off :lol: - must try cities now

Alock1

I've played an hour and a bit of The Ascent, it's really good looking, plays pretty well too.
Yeah me and my mates played some tonight, got to level 9/10 - pretty decent. Visuals are great, very stylistic and really good vibe to it. I couldn't tell you a single thing about the story but I haven't put any effort into it either, skipping every cutscene and not reading what the NPC's say.

It's good fun gameplay in co-op, though I'd expect to get a bit bored single player. Mind, I've only got 1 augmentation, and no mods, and limited guns with limited upgrades. Need to see more before I make a judgement on that.

It does need polishing up though, certainly needed a bit more time in the oven. After the first cutscene my player refused to move. Later, we couldn't find the enemies required to complete an objective and spent a lot of time looking for them. In the end, we decided the game must have glitched so we quit out to the main menu to restart. As we pulled out, everybody's game crashed. Once we were back on, loading back in fixed it, but it does destroy your trust in the game and could make us wonder later if something is difficult or broken.

We're all enjoying it though, shows good potential.

Alock1

That's a good solution. At least people will still be able to access if they got the DLC.

Hopefully car licensing deals for games can move to a new model, or maybe with Gamepass in mind, Microsoft might look to push for longer term licensing.