Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Took off from Ibiza airport, with live conditions on, so night time - flew over D'alt Vila, then headed across the island and flew over where I used to live, nipped over to Es Vedra, then looped it back round to land back at the airport. Was dead cool flying over places I recognised, although it obviously wasn't perfect, not being one of the big cities.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Last time I played flight sim was about 20 years ago. I see the graphics has improved a lot!

does anyone remember a flight sam call something like “F-16”? I mastered a roll, half over then roll, you’d end up behind your opponent ready to blast him

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Ascent is stunning looking. Although looks far more Cyberpunk than 2077 does too. Beautiful colours and lighting.

Played it with a mate last night and enjoyed it but as Alock said it does feel a bit unpolished at times. Still fun though. Actually think it's the perfect co op game as the story seems crap so you can just have the chats during cutscenes and admire how pretty it is.

RedDevilRoshi

Took off from Ibiza airport, with live conditions on, so night time - flew over D'alt Vila, then headed across the island and flew over where I used to live, nipped over to Es Vedra, then looped it back round to land back at the airport. Was dead cool flying over places I recognised, although it obviously wasn't perfect, not being one of the big cities.
Not played my Series S for quite some time but I’m tempted to give this a go. I’m just wondering is it only a select few cities you can fly over or can you fly over any city in the world you want?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Not played my Series S for quite some time but I’m tempted to give this a go. I’m just wondering is it only a select few cities you can fly over or can you fly over any city in the world you want?
Any city but not every city has been properly upgraded with detail of course, so it uses satellite mapping for roads and buildings and then places generic models where the buildings should be. I flew over my house last night and crashed into the field adjacent to my garden. Was pretty cool seeing my area and how it was mapping.

Andersons Dietician

Having never played a flight sim before I thought I would do the training before just setting off but I can’t decide if the game is glitchy as hell or I’m missing something. I had noticed that sometimes when you complete the objective it’s asking there is a massive delay or it doesn’t register at all As having done something.

Even taxing to the runway is causing issues and not registering. Have you noticed any similar faults?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Having never played a flight sim before I thought I would do the training before just setting off but I can’t decide if the game is glitchy as hell or I’m missing something. I had noticed that sometimes when you complete the objective it’s asking there is a massive delay or it doesn’t register at all As having done something.

Even taxing to the runway is causing issues and not registering. Have you noticed any similar faults?
I’ve not but I’ve been doing my own thing mostly so far. The only thing I have found is sometimes it could give you some extra guidance on what to do when on easy mode.

Alock1

Not had anything like that but like Veeva I am just messing around and doing my own things, dropping my plane close to landmarks and just flying around to have a nosey.

Andersons Dietician

@VeevaVee @Alock1 I went back to it last night and it finally had arrows or more instructions of where it wanted you to go and so on so it had to be glitches. I completed this training section I had been struggiling with and at the very end you’re sitting on the edge of the runway and the co pilot takes over. Makes a sharp turn and instead of going on the run way he pins it along the grass so he can take off. It did this for about a minute before it cut out to telling me I got a passing A grade.

Maybe the free roam is the way to go.

Alock1

Alock1

Xbox have also announced a Gamescom event for in a few weeks time, and Xbox Insiders can now stream games via the Xbox app on Windows. PC's can already stream via browser - but still, options are good.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Just managed to nab myself a Series X and can't wait to get stuck in.

Been torturing myself by scrolling through the huge list of Gamepass games I can't yet play.

Can't wait!

Eckers99

Game Pass :drool:
What you been playing? Reckon I'll be getting on Flight Simulator pretty quickly, just to get an idea of what the console can do.

After that, tempted to go with a blast from the past and have a run through an old Halo or Gears.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What you been playing? Reckon I'll be getting on Flight Simulator pretty quickly, just to get an idea of what the console can do.

After that, tempted to go with a blast from the past and have a run through an old Halo or Gears.
Sounds like a good plan. I've gone through all the Halo games since getting the Series X and they still hold up quite well, especially 2, 3 and Reach.

If you're into racing games at all I really recommend taking Forza Horizon 4 for a spin. It's mighty sweet looking :drool:

What have I been playing recently? Lots of MLB: The Show 2021 but also Doom and before that GTA V, Hellblade and The Evil Within :)

Eckers99

Sounds like a good plan. I've gone through all the Halo games since getting the Series X and they still hold up quite well, especially 2, 3 and Reach.

If you're into racing games at all I really recommend taking Forza Horizon 4 for a spin. It's mighty sweet looking :drool:

What have I been playing recently? Lots of MLB: The Show 2021 but also Doom and before that GTA V, Hellblade and The Evil Within :)
Yeah, I quite like racing games but tend to be fairly shite at them. That said, I've leant towards other genres more out of habit so, with Gamepass, I'll be more inclined to try stuff out.

And Forza looks stunning, from what I've seen. Cheers.

No way is GTA V on there as well? Best hope my daughter doesn't spot it, I'll never get the controller back!

It's a mind-boggling array of stuff though. Gonna be a lot of late nights ahead :devil:

Already thinking about extra storage space haha

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just managed to nab myself a Series X and can't wait to get stuck in.

Been torturing myself by scrolling through the huge list of Gamepass games I can't yet play.

Can't wait!
Welcome to the fold.

Gamepass is a lot of fun.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Ori is incredible (Will of the Wisps is much nicer looking but I highly recommend playing Blind Forest first)
Believe Hellblade just got a Series X update so that's bumped forward in my list now

Eckers99

Ori is incredible (Will of the Wisps is much nicer looking but I highly recommend playing Blind Forest first)
Believe Hellblade just got a Series X update so that's bumped forward in my list now
Yeah, I've seen a few of you waxing lyrical about Ori, so that's definitely on my list of must plays.

Hellblade I know very little about but I'll check it out.

Cheers!

Bosws87

Well i've got two orders in for the series x from the microsoft store with 2 pending charges to my credit card, i was after one for a friend so we will see what happens as the whole process was a crashing mess.

Alock1

Considering this is cross-gen open world, the graphics are insanely good. Looks stunning.

Shark

@NotShark
Just downloaded Hades on Game Pass for later, been hearing such good things about it although wouldn't normally play roguelike games.

Bosws87

Should have a spare series X when they are delivered this evening if anyone is looking for one.