Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Any Game Pass predictions for Feb?

Too far fetched to be Elden Ring?
Crossfire X is coming in Feb I think? Might just be the multiplayer.

Resident Evil Village and Guardians of the Galaxy seem likely at some point, but I think there's a chance both had something with Sony that stopped them being on gamepass for a certain period. Maybe Hot Wheels, Disco Elysium, Life is Strange True Colours/Remastered. Fall Guys might finally get an Xbox port. Could see Battlefield 1 in the near future but through EA Play. They'll need to give that a few more months though I think.

There was talk of Final Fantasy 7 Remake hitting gamepass when it's exclusivity on PS runs out, and I guess there's an outside shot at Dying Light 2 but I think that would have been announced by now. Maybe Shadow Warrior 3 day 1 when that drops

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Crossfire X is coming in Feb I think? Might just be the multiplayer.

Resident Evil Village and Guardians of the Galaxy seem likely at some point, but I think there's a chance both had something with Sony that stopped them being on gamepass for a certain period. Maybe Hot Wheels, Disco Elysium, Life is Strange True Colours/Remastered. Fall Guys might finally get an Xbox port. Could see Battlefield 1 in the near future but through EA Play. They'll need to give that a few more months though I think.

There was talk of Final Fantasy 7 Remake hitting gamepass when it's exclusivity on PS runs out, and I guess there's an outside shot at Dying Light 2 but I think that would have been announced by now. Maybe Shadow Warrior 3 day 1 when that drops
Yeah, I'm very much expecting something from Capcom as there's a sale on at the moment and I know the second I buy DMC V they'll shove it on there.

FFVII Remake would be absolutely delightful. Meh to Resi.

Bosws87

Yeah, I'm very much expecting something from Capcom as there's a sale on at the moment and I know the second I buy DMC V they'll shove it on there.

FFVII Remake would be absolutely delightful. Meh to Resi.
If you wanna ruin the greatness of FF7 its terrible, dunno why they decided to let someone change the story and have artistic freedom with it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So what have we been playing this week my xbox chums? :)
Shamefully Madden. I had an American Football itch, used to play a ton of NCAA back in the day. Madden is a disaster, thank god it was on game pass.

altodevil

Stardew Valley co-op has been a laugh too but not played in ages as other half too busy.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This is really cool. Would be awesome to see @Niall losing his shit in Match Day thread.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So what have we been playing this week my xbox chums? :)
After finishing Deaths Door I am now onto Nobody Saves the World. But it hasn’t gotten it’s hooks into me yet

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Just got my 3 years of Gold + Game Pass for £121 :lol:
Wait, how do I buy it for more than one month at a time? Mine is rolling for 55 PLN a month which is annoying as my PS Plus is like 200 PLN for full year.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wait, how do I buy it for more than one month at a time? Mine is rolling for 55 PLN a month which is annoying as my PS Plus is like 200 PLN for full year.
Look at the thread marks. I did an explanation for it. You can buy up to 3 years Gold then convert to Game Pass for £10.99

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
So I'm ambling my way through Halo Infinite's campaign again and while the gameplay is fun, I really have to wonder why they wrote the story this way.

90% of it consists of Weapon making annoying MCU wise cracks, grunts also making joke after joke without any comic timing, some incredibly out of place melodrama between Chief and Pilot who's about as interesting as my morning porridge, and random scenes of that terrible ape enemy lamenting how the humans snarl will never snarl defeat the mighty snarl Banished.

It's like the whole thing moves between being dead serious (which it doesn't earn), and a slapstick saturday morning cartoon (which it doesn't pull off).

I've got to the point where I skip the cutscenes after 10 seconds realising where they're going and telling myself "some shit's happening" just so I can get back to the actual game.

Me thinks Microsoft should get another developer to work on the franchise alongside 343 in the future. An Arkane spin-off would be my top choice.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So I'm ambling my way through Halo Infinite's campaign again and while the gameplay is fun, I really have to wonder why they wrote the story this way.

90% of it consists of Weapon making annoying MCU wise cracks, grunts also making joke after joke without any comic timing, some incredibly out of place melodrama between Chief and Pilot who's about as interesting as my morning porridge, and random scenes of that terrible ape enemy lamenting how the humans snarl will never snarl defeat the mighty snarl Banished.

It's like the whole thing moves between being dead serious (which it doesn't earn), and a slapstick saturday morning cartoon (which it doesn't pull off).

I've got to the point where I skip the cutscenes after 10 seconds realising where they're going and telling myself "some shit's happening" just so I can get back to the actual game.

Me thinks Microsoft should get another developer to work on the franchise alongside 343 in the future. An Arkane spin-off would be my top choice.
Yeah the story was shite and as fun as it was, the game got a bit boring by the end and I just wanted it to be over. It just got really repetitive and instead of giving you more different stuff to do they just threw more of the same enemies at you over and over. I really don’t get the hype, it was a decent if entirely forgettable fps campaign. Not sure what the reviewers were smoking as it wasn’t a patch on any of the greats. Maybe they were just starved for a decent one as there have been so few of late.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah the story was shite and as fun as it was, the game got a bit boring by the end and I just wanted it to be over. It just got really repetitive and instead of giving you more different stuff to do they just threw more of the same enemies at you over and over. I really don’t get the hype, it was a decent if entirely forgettable fps campaign. Not sure what the reviewers were smoking as it wasn’t a patch on any of the greats. Maybe they were just starved for a decent one as there have been so few of late.
Reviewers love a revived franchise / return to form narrative

You can tell there was more ambition there and then they'd had to pull back and hone in on finishing and have cut corners to do so because they spent too long upfront. Shame really cause I think the potential is higher than what was delivered.

altodevil

The story died when Bungie left. Infinite just marks a return to form for gameplay and the sandbox.

Revan

Assumptionman
The story in Halo was never that strong to be fair. It is a game that is all about the gameplay.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
CrossfireX is a bit of craic but expected far more from it. Looks like a normal game and not a Series X type title

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Have you managed to download the campaign? Apart of it was supposed to be on GP but it's not gone up, for me.
I only played an hour or 2 online. Didn’t go looking for the campaign, I did click on the ‘campaign’ tile and it said something like ‘obtaining content’ / haven’t checked since

Bosws87

Now the dust is settled what's peoples honest opinions about the flagship Microsoft game Halo Infinite.

I played it a bit thought the core gameplay was solid, but quickly got bored and uninstalled it due to lack of content and it being more of a console title then a PC title.

On steam its hovering at around 5,000 players a day on pc which basically indicates the game is already completely dead on the PC platform, i'm presuming its still pretty healthy on the xbox side even though COD & Apex have more players on the xbox.

I think in a few years time the game might be exceptional but i think the delays and the half assed release will mean apart from a solid core community it will never be the big hitter long term they wanted.

RedDevilRoshi

Now the dust is settled what's peoples honest opinions about the flagship Microsoft game Halo Infinite.

I played it a bit thought the core gameplay was solid, but quickly got bored and uninstalled it due to lack of content and it being more of a console title then a PC title.

On steam its hovering at around 5,000 players a day on pc which basically indicates the game is already completely dead on the PC platform, i'm presuming its still pretty healthy on the xbox side even though COD & Apex have more players on the xbox.

I think in a few years time the game might be exceptional but i think the delays and the half assed release will mean apart from a solid core community it will never be the big hitter long term they wanted.
I’m the same.

Remember being so hyped for this but after a couple of days I got bored and ended up deleting it.

I might go back to it later down the line but it’s one of those with all the huge hype it got, it certainly flattered to deceive in the end.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

The gameplay is fun but it's also derivative and the series kinda feels like aging rockstar trying to make a comeback tour. MS shouldn't be throwing so much money at 343 to make any more Halo games. They should try and use better developers like Arkane or the guys who made DOOM.

I've said before how disappointing the story is. Instead of a grand bombastic military space opera, 343 have been trying to make the series into a melodrama and it's stupid considering how little earned emotion there is in these games. It's eyerolling at times what they're trying to do.

The delays don't help either. Launching without co-op was extremely odd.