Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavelinaJolie

Had a look at it and didn’t seem my kinda thing but having seen the way people are talking about it as a masterpiece I’m going to have to try it
It's like a mixture of Zelda, Fez and a mini Dark Souls dodge and roll combat system, I'm really enjoying it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Series X has been available on sale for over 24 hours, is the drought finally over?
The X has been pretty easy to get in Ireland for a while now. Well, not necessarily easy but a lot easier than it was and regularly in stock. The PS5 still seems to be incredibly difficult to get, though.

Really looking forward to giving Tunic a go once I've Elden Ring cleared. Looks so neat.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Finished Firewatch, excellent game.

Series X is growing to be my favorite console I must say. The experience has been great so far and I basically bought it quite cheaply at launch as an impulse purchase.

Curious what they add in GPU in April. With Hitman and Guardians of the Galaxy in the last two months I’d probably be expecting yet another big title, apart from MLB The Show 22.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The Series X has been available on sale for over 24 hours, is the drought finally over?
Yeah the good news for people who want one is there seems to be an abundance of it available. There was word a month or so back that Microsoft spent a fair bit of money on getting priority for chips and this seems to be the result.

Damien

Staff
Just edited it in to the title because you thought we'd all want to know? You're not as subtle as you think :p
It hadn't been updated for a while and I'm sure there are some Sonic fans or furries who would be interested in such a giveaway. If there was a Nicolas Cage PS5 giveaway for example I'd do the same there.

DavelinaJolie

Okay so I'm deep into Tunic now. It may seem like Zelda with more Dodge and Block combat initially but crap, as it goes on it's getting like The Witness and Fez. So much in this. It's brilliant.

Get a notepad ready if you are starting it!

DavelinaJolie

That just put me off :lol:
When I started it I was hoping for a relatively short Zelda-like, because I've got a couple of weeks off and wanted to play through it and then start something more substantial.

I've spent most of today trying to find patterns on surfaces and writing down button presses in a notebook, and I'm loving it. The Witness is one of my favourite games of all time, and this is scratching a bit of that itch.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It hadn't been updated for a while and I'm sure there are some Sonic fans or furries who would be interested in such a giveaway. If there was a Nicolas Cage PS5 giveaway for example I'd do the same there.
:lol: come on Damo

Weird that you picked that over all the high rated gamepass games (since you love adding metacritic to titles) or news about gamepass stats, the new cloud division, or fsr 2.0 and everything else.

Furry controllers and developer churn is what people really wanna know!

Damien

Staff
:lol: come on Damo

Weird that you picked that over all the high rated gamepass games (since you love adding metacritic to titles) or news about gamepass stats, the new cloud division, or fsr 2.0 and everything else.

Furry controllers and developer churn is what people really wanna know!
Those only happened overnight. I'll add them to the thread when I get around to it.

Damien

Staff
In today's thread update as nobody else is posting other than to critique someone for keeping this thread active and off the third page of the forum.

Presentation on Game Pass and stats:

Xbox's Cloud Gaming division (thought it was announced ages ago tbh):

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
In today's thread update as nobody else is posting other than to critique someone for keeping this thread active and off the third page of the forum.

Presentation on Game Pass and stats:

Xbox's Cloud Gaming division (thought it was announced ages ago tbh):

Great news

Thanks for posting Damo! Really helpful <3

Bosws87

Shame stalker 2 will be delayed indefinitely one of the few exclusives i was looking forward to.

Damien

Staff
Surprised Damo hasn't been in to twist the knife share news about the Halo TV reviews.

Doesn't sound v. good so far - https://www.metacritic.com/tv/halo/critic-reviews
The good news for Halo fans is that Microsoft have partnered with Wolverine (a company, apparently, and not the Marvel superhero) to release custom Limited Edition Master Chief boots.

https://www.engadget.com/master-chief-halo-boots-wolverine-343-industries-microsoft-130046885.html

Bad news (or good news depending on your view of gamer apparel) is that there will only be 117 pairs manufactured.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Any rumors on predicted April Game Pass additions?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
A nice story here to combat the usual doom and gloom news.

I've been very impressed by Xbox's attitude to indie games over recent years so it's nice to hear the developers do actually earn some dollar

Stolen from a guy at Eurogamer:
ID@Xbox is broken down into three main areas;

The game submission process where Microsoft will sign an NDA and actively talk to the indie dev about their game, about their plans for the future and about where they want to ship the game be that Xbox One, Series X|S, Windows 10/11 or whether you want to add Xbox Live to a current iOS/Android title.

If you make it past the submission process which isn't guaranteed. Lots of games don't impress enough to make it through, but if you do then you enter the build process. Here Microsoft will grant access to the correct SDK's (software development kits), the dev forums and even hardware dev kits themselves (up to two dev kits free of charge).

Then there is the publishing phase where you get to go through publishing, certification and updates without cost. This is largely the biggest one because outside of the ID@Xbox program it costs for every update, it costs to get that update certified. It's not free to do these things, but ID@Xbox developers have those costs waived.

It's a very good program for those indies that need a little more help. Those indies that are making great games, but would get left behind without additional support. We see thousands of games like this on Steam every year. They have a great idea, with great gameplay, great soundtrack and it gets like 15 user reviews which means it likely only sold 100-200 copies. ID@Xbox hopes to eliminate that for devs making games that impress Microsoft.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A nice story here to combat the usual doom and gloom news.

I've been very impressed by Xbox's attitude to indie games over recent years so it's nice to hear the developers do actually earn some dollar

Stolen from a guy at Eurogamer:
ID@Xbox is broken down into three main areas;

The game submission process where Microsoft will sign an NDA and actively talk to the indie dev about their game, about their plans for the future and about where they want to ship the game be that Xbox One, Series X|S, Windows 10/11 or whether you want to add Xbox Live to a current iOS/Android title.

If you make it past the submission process which isn't guaranteed. Lots of games don't impress enough to make it through, but if you do then you enter the build process. Here Microsoft will grant access to the correct SDK's (software development kits), the dev forums and even hardware dev kits themselves (up to two dev kits free of charge).

Then there is the publishing phase where you get to go through publishing, certification and updates without cost. This is largely the biggest one because outside of the ID@Xbox program it costs for every update, it costs to get that update certified. It's not free to do these things, but ID@Xbox developers have those costs waived.

It's a very good program for those indies that need a little more help. Those indies that are making great games, but would get left behind without additional support. We see thousands of games like this on Steam every year. They have a great idea, with great gameplay, great soundtrack and it gets like 15 user reviews which means it likely only sold 100-200 copies. ID@Xbox hopes to eliminate that for devs making games that impress Microsoft.

They're just bloody great aren't they?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm getting my yearly hankering to sort the United team out on Fifa, so glad it'll be on Game Pass in a month or two because I hate paying for it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Should be available on PS5 if that’s something Sony want to implement as both use AMD. Very good news for AMD graphics card owners though.