Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Now the dust is settled what's peoples honest opinions about the flagship Microsoft game Halo Infinite.

I played it a bit thought the core gameplay was solid, but quickly got bored and uninstalled it due to lack of content and it being more of a console title then a PC title.

On steam its hovering at around 5,000 players a day on pc which basically indicates the game is already completely dead on the PC platform, i'm presuming its still pretty healthy on the xbox side even though COD & Apex have more players on the xbox.

I think in a few years time the game might be exceptional but i think the delays and the half assed release will mean apart from a solid core community it will never be the big hitter long term they wanted.
Campaign - good, perhaps really good, but definitely fell short. Clearly the last 3rd is rushed with the repeated mission structures and level design. With updates / big expansions including new biomes, new weapons / vehicles / equipment and co-op it still has lots of potential. Need another a year to be as good as it could have been.

Multiplayer - great, but agreed, content has dried up. I made tons of time for it for a few months but have dropped off the last 3 or so weeks after killing it before that. Needed more modes and maps.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ya - multiplayer is a tough one to craic, you need fingers on the pulse and need content lined up. Was great fun but now it’s repetitive, as you’d expect from playing 8 to 10 minute games over and over.

Would be better if releasing later to line up with content release plans.

BristolRuss

I really enjoyed it. Currently doing a legendary playthrough. Did try and do a LASO playthrough for the achievement but it's very frustrating.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Oh god that part with those two red hunters in the tiny room. I had to google a solution because I'm sure there's no way you can do it normally (on heroic at least).

This game is like the FPS equivalent of Dark Souls sometimes

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I really enjoyed it. Currently doing a legendary playthrough. Did try and do a LASO playthrough for the achievement but it's very frustrating.
I don't know if you know but there is a weapon which makes the game a cakewalk even on LASO.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Balljy

The Gold to Ultimate conversion still works on PC as well as XBOX. I let my previous one run out today and then bought 3 years gold for £110 and paying the £10.99 for Ultimate converted all 3 years with my next payment date being March 2025.

They have to end this at some stage surely, it's too good a deal.

DavelinaJolie

Woot! Tunic is out on Game Pass, been waiting ages for this!

Also, Danganronpa was very enjoyable.

Alock1

'News' being someone scraping LinkedIn profiles in a ridiculous job market vs an actual (really good) game being added to the service.

Standard @Damien

Damien

Staff
'News' being someone scraping LinkedIn profiles in a ridiculous job market vs an actual (really good) game being added to the service.

Standard @Damien
I share news of all kinds. Not my fault the only bit of notable news at the time was something negative.

New news (more positive):

Xbox's ID@Xbox showcase (includes a few Game Pass games including Tunic):

New YouTube video on Starfield:

Damien

Staff
Xbox's ID@Xbox showcase (includes a few Game Pass games including Tunic):
Article summarising the video: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/03/16/icymi-idxbox-showcase-with-twitchgaming/

Coming to Game Pass:
Immortality (Half Mermaid) (Console) – Summer 2022
Flintlock The Siege of Dawn (Kepler Interactive/A44) (Console) – 2022
Escape Academy (iam8bit/Coin Crew/Skybound Games) (Console) – 2022
Tunic (Finji) (Console) – available now
Crusader Kings III (Paradox Interactive) (Console) – March 29, 2022
Trek to Yomi (Devolver Digital) (Console) – Spring 2022
Paradise Killer (Fellow Traveller) (Console, PC) – available now
Kraken Academy!! (Fellow Traveller) (Console, PC) – March 22, 2022
Beacon Pines (Fellow Traveller) (Console) – TBD
Citizen Sleeper (Fellow Traveller) (Console) – TBD

No Game Pass announcement yet:
Cursed to Golf (Thunderful Games/chuhai labs) (PC) – TBD
Whalefall (Whitethorn Games) (Console) – TBD
Wrestle Quest (Skybound Games/Mega Cat Studios) (Console) – TBD

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games are coming to gamepass this month and I implore everybody to try at least the first one.

It's a visual novel granted but the plot is absolutely insane (in a good way).

Also nice to see Paradise Killer come to GP. Had my eye on that.

DavelinaJolie

That £75 I paid for three years of gamepass is probably the best value I've ever had in gaming. I've played so many excellent games for just over the price of a new playstation game.

DavelinaJolie

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games are coming to gamepass this month and I implore everybody to try at least the first one.

Yeah I was pretty excited about that until Tunic hit. Really enjoyed Danganronpa so I'll be onto that once Tunic is complete.

Damien

Staff
That £75 I paid for three years of gamepass is probably the best value I've ever had in gaming. I've played so many excellent games for just over the price of a new playstation game.
Yeah you should be pleased, that is great value compared to the Live Gold to GPU trick which is something like £120 (on CD Keys) for three years.

If I could get it for £75, I'd take it and I don't even have an Xbox or Windows PC.

Damien

Staff
Article on the Halo TV Show:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/features/halo-series-paramount-plus-master-chief-1235205361/

part of the article said:
The greatest hurdle was sorting out what to do with the lead Spartan, Master Chief. In the games, the first-person perspective makes Chief a shell for the player. “He’s everybody, right?” says Kane. “He’s you, he’s me, he’s a 6-year-old girl, he’s a 15-year-old person in a different country. Whoever plays the game is him.”

That is perfect for a game character and deadly for scripted drama. But when Kyle Killen (“Lone Star”) came on board as showrunner in 2018, he hit upon a shrewd narrative path that embraces the video game DNA: Master Chief starts as a complete cypher, engineered to be so devoid of individuality that he literally has no sense of taste, and the rest of the season slowly fills out the void.

“We’re going to tell a story about a man discovering his own humanity,” says Kane, who joined the show as co-showrunner in 2019. “In so doing, he’s invited the audience to discover that guy’s humanity too.”

Eventually, Levine says, “we got the script to the place where we said, ‘You know, this is a deep dive into character. What are the costs of turning human beings into killing machines?’”
Good read.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

b82REZ

Master Chief starts as a complete cypher, engineered to be so devoid of individuality that he literally has no sense of taste, and the rest of the season slowly fills out the void.

Can't see this working at all. The insistence on humanising Master Chef has been the worstthing about the recent trilogy.

Alock1

I share news of all kinds. Not my fault the only bit of notable news at the time was something negative.
Sure you do :smirk:

It's also pretty pointless, especially so early in the project. Churn is mad in media, digital and tech at the moment. Nobody knows rhe impact. We saw similar with Halo and whilst yes there's some rough edges with progression speed and longtail multiplayer content, the game is still really good. People here said the writing was on the wall with that too.

All we can really do is judge the output when it comes.

DavelinaJolie

Yeah you should be pleased, that is great value compared to the Live Gold to GPU trick which is something like £120 (on CD Keys) for three years.

If I could get it for £75, I'd take it and I don't even have an Xbox or Windows PC.
Back when I got it you could easily get a year of gold for £20-25.

Now I've got enough reward points for another threes years so eh. Won't have to pay this time.

BristolRuss

Sniper Elite 5 will be coming to Game Pass day 1 when it launches in May. I really should give them a proper go sometime, they seem fun.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Sniper Elite 5 will be coming to Game Pass day 1 when it launches in May. I really should give them a proper go sometime, they seem fun.
Check out 4, if it's still on GP. I really liked it. The gameplay loop reminded me of MGS 5. I can't wait for 5.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Also nice to see Paradise Killer come to GP. Had my eye on that.
Will check that out, thanks. Do like that sorta thing.
Yessssss. 4 was a lot of fun.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Shredders was day 1 Game Pass yesterday. Just tried it out. Very chill and fun. Reminds me of Descenders a lot. Nice music and fun physics that err on the side of realism in a sense but not really. Just kinda satisfying to play when you get it right. One of those that's great to stick on when you just want to kick back.

Damien

Staff
I'm not going to lie, I did not know you could do that and I would never use it anyway

Bit strange though, I agree
They only introduced the share button with the Series S|X, about 7 years after it was introduced on another platform. I think sharing is useful and for the platforms it helps them get more sales as videos are shared with hashtags and links to the store page (I assume that was the case on S|X) so don't get why they'd want to remove the options to share.

Alock1

They only introduced the share button with the Series S|X, about 7 years after it was introduced on another platform. I think sharing is useful and for the platforms it helps them get more sales as videos are shared with hashtags and links to the store page (I assume that was the case on S|X) so don't get why they'd want to remove the options to share.
I assume you now share to phone app and then can choose where to share from there? So they are just removing the direct integration to twitter?

Or might signal an update coming for recording and this feature wasn't working optimally so better remove for the short term. I'd be surprised if you couldn't do it long term at all.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I have finally got down to Firewatch from GPU. It’s ace.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Shredders on GP is so good. Chilled and satisfying and can be just the right amount of challenging not to ruin that chill.

Like a mix of Skate, Steep, and Descenders.