Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Some games that are day 1 on Gamepass from other events earlier in the week. Really looking forward to Darktide, loved going through 4 player co-op on Vermintide.

Alock1

Yeah Vermintide was good, got a bit boring though. Hopefully the sequel has more variation all round and challenge, but should still be great fun. We need to play that again sometime @RedSky I haven't hard carried you lot in a while :lol:
Yeah, couldn't have played it alone and we didn't bother replaying missions for loot. But base, mindless co-op was good craic.

The new mode they added with new connecting missions, enemy types and perks/handicaps was a really good way of mixing it up. If everybody died you had to start from mission 1 and would go through different levels which was decent.

Hopefully they do something similar.

Alock1

Will we see anything from Sea of Thieves Lambs? Expansion?

Do you think they'll ever do a SOT 2 or will they just see this as a platform to build on? It's still up there in the Xbox and Steam charts often. Clearly been a big success.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, couldn't have played it alone and we didn't bother replaying missions for loot. But base, mindless co-op was good craic.

The new mode they added with new connecting missions, enemy types and perks/handicaps was a really good way of mixing it up. If everybody died you had to start from mission 1 and would go through different levels which was decent.

Hopefully they do something similar.
Yeah agreed, it is a lot of fun playing as a group. Especially getting to wind up @hobbers and charging off clearing the map before sky even gets a shot and listening to him bitch about his character choice for hours :lol: You should join us sometime, the caf discord games can be a laugh.

Will we see anything from Sea of Thieves Lambs? Expansion?

Do you think they'll ever do a SOT 2 or will they just see this as a platform to build on? It's still up there in the Xbox and Steam charts often. Clearly been a big success.
They've just done a major event and had a huge update for the season. Might see some future plans, but it's a constantly evolving game and definitely still making them plenty of money.

I doubt there'll be a SOT 2 for a while yet, if ever. It would be like the Overwatch 2 nonsense. But they really REALLY need to rebuild the netcode, as much as I love the game (and stand by my opinion that it is the best overall game on GP) I've not played in a while as I am going through another phase of hating the hit registration problems to the point where I just can't be bothered with it. But I will go back, as after a break the sailing around always feels great and the PvP can be epic.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah Vermintide was good, got a bit boring though. Hopefully the sequel has more variation all round and challenge, but should still be great fun. We need to play that again sometime @RedSky I haven't hard carried you lot in a while :lol:
We were talking about that the other day.

There's some LOTR game coming out probably in 2023 to do with being Dwarves in Moria. Looked like our type of shit.

Fully Fledged

I hope they make something great out of the Plague Tale sequel
Me too. The first game was a great concept done on a budget. Would like to see what they can do with a bigger budget. Same goes for HB2 and Avowed interested to see what those 2 publishers can do with a larger budget.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Me too. The first game was a great concept done on a budget. Would like to see what they can do with a bigger budget. Same goes for HB2 and Avowed interested to see what those 2 publishers can do with a larger budget.
Yeah it was an interesting concept which made for a game that's a bit different, although the whole rat fire thing got quite repetitive. Enjoyed it though.

Ainu

For a game done on a budget, it was definitely a looker with some excellent animation and voice acting as well. It did just enough to keep it interesting for its +-12 hour play time. Not sure how well it'll hold up in a sequel though, as I'm expecting more of the same. It helps that the characters and story kept me invested in the game.

Alock1

Wonder if we get gamepass family pricing and cloud only pricing. Needs to be a cheaper xcloud only subscription for people using the likes of the TV app.

Ainu

Scorn's art style and atmosphere looks fantastic, but I can't get over how incredibly boring its gameplay looks. I'll be very surprised if it's anything above mediocre.

Alock1

Here's hoping there's some surprises for this year that aren't remakes / remasters (Banjo, Gears, Goldeneye). Would expect gamepass day 1 on some third party titles, something like Gotham Knights, Saints Row, MK12. But would be great if they did have something up their sleeve from 1st party studio - Diablo 4 (not 1p yet but still), or something from Obsidian/Compulsion games/InExile/Wolfenstein 3.

Next year it's pretty clear will be a huge year for them.

Starfield could be the biggest release Xbox have had since the early Halo games. Single games matter a lot less to a publisher with gamepass and 30 other studios but even so. Interesting to see how it lands.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Imagine paying £450 to think Bethseda are suddenly going to redeem themselves.

Here's hoping there's some surprises for this year that aren't remakes / remasters (Banjo, Gears, Goldeneye). Would expect gamepass day 1 on some third party titles, something like Gotham Knights, Saints Row, MK12. But would be great if they did have something up their sleeve from 1st party studio - Diablo 4 (not 1p yet but still), or something from Obsidian/Compulsion games/InExile/Wolfenstein 3.

Starfield could be the biggest release Xbox have had since the early Halo games. Single games matter a lot less to a publisher with gamepass and 30 other studios but even so. Interesting to see how it lands.
Next year. Next gen. 'la!

Alock1

Next year. Next gen. 'la!
It's the best experience already of the consoles already. But next year will be something else.

To be fair, 2023 could be huge across the board if GOW slips alongside Starfield and BOTW 2.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You thought that last year as well (for this year)
Next year will have Forza Motorsport, Redfall (I said earlier I wouldn't be surprised to see Arkane pivot to an open world game), Tales and Starfield as a minimum. But I'd be very surprised if we didn't also see one or two of Avowed, Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3, Contraband, or a new game from someone like Compulsion, Inexile etc.
But yeah, I agree 2023 should be huge with the number of games scheduled to be released, either delayed from this year or releases from the acquired publishers.

Alock1

You thought that last year as well (for this year)

But yeah, I agree 2023 should be huge with the number of games scheduled to be released, either delayed from this year or releases from the acquired publishers.
Not sure I was ever as bullish about this year tbh, and it was as clear cut but this year has definitely disappointed after the momentum from last year.

I did say last year that I was surprised Starfield was given a release date, and that Redfall in summer seemed ambitious unless the lack of gameplay was just due to covid resources.